Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

443,900 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Teslag
AG
barbacoa taco said:

I'm never drinking Bud Light again.

Has nothing to do with this stupid trans controversy. I stopped drinking it after college because it tastes like cat piss. And I'm not a lolpoor so I drink craft beer.

How do you know what cat piss tastes like?
nai06
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Get woke, go broke. Never fails.
Or you know "Go Woke, continue to enjoy health profits"

Companies That Get 'Woke' Aren't Going Broke They're More Profitable Than Ever
[url=https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/woke-companies-broke-profits-1234710724/][/url]

Now it's entirely possible this time might be different given the brand and typical customer. A-B could have really just shot themselves in the foot.

But it's also entirely possible that people who regularly consume Bud Light are doing so because of its award winning taste. They drink it because Its a cheap drinkable beer. In that category, there aren't a ton of options of companies that aren't "woke".

Options are mainly A-B or MolsonCoors owned brands.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
Welcome to Miller, all you Bud drinking alumni. We welcome you with open arms!!!

American Hardwood
AG
LSL Long Necks. THE answer for hot dusty days on the ranch.

But Lone Star is owned by Pabst which is in turn, owned by Blue Ribbon Holdings. If there is something woke or otherwise bad about this ownership, please don't tell me. I don't want to know.
deddog
AG
nai06 said:

Ag87H2O said:

[url=https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/woke-companies-broke-profits-1234710724/][/url]

Now it's entirely possible this time might be different given the brand and typical customer. A-B could have really just shot themselves in the foot.

But it's also entirely possible that people who regularly consume Bud Light are doing so because of its award winning taste. They drink it because Its a cheap drinkable beer. In that category, there aren't a ton of options of companies that aren't "woke".

Nice of them to leave out companies that actually got burned because of their woke policies.

Gillette comes to mind.

Nike's marketing strategy is to stay top of mind. They do that by courting controversial issues. There are plenty of companies that do this. Nike used to do this before Woke became a word.

Retailers sell a lot of different brands, so Target, Walmart, Amzn can face a shi$storm easier - libs have been demonizing Walmart for years with little to no effect.

Companies that get hosed, are those that try to foray into the woke market, don't understand their main customer base, and have a relatively small set of products - and outright insult their customers - Gillette.

AB will be fine because they have a lot of products, but Bud Light maybe screwed. They are the "default" beer for many.
nai06
AG
Durkin Nowitzki said:

Welcome to Miller, all you Bud drinking alumni. We welcome you with open arms!!!

With open arms so you can embrace their Open and Proud campaign!

https://www.millerlite.com/open-proud

And while you are here, consider purchasing a book for your coffee table, Beers and Queer History.

https://shop.millerlite.com/collections/beers-queer-history-book/products/beers-and-queer-history-book
Ellis Wyatt
Opalka said:

Sort of like the anti-GM thing because they got Gov't loans during the auto-bailout in 2008. No one even remembers it.
A lot of people may not. I will never buy a GM product again. Or Butt Light.
Aggies2009
AG
deddog said:

nai06 said:

Ag87H2O said:

Nice of them to leave out companies that actually got burned because of their woke policies.

Gillette comes to mind.

Nike's marketing strategy is to stay top of mind. They do that by courting controversial issues. There are plenty of companies that do this. Nike used to do this before Woke became a word.

Retailers sell a lot of different brands, so Target, Walmart, Amzn can face a shi$storm easier - libs have been demonizing Walmart for years with little to no effect.

Companies that get hosed, are those that try to foray into the woke market, don't understand their main customer base, and have a relatively small set of products - and outright insult their customers - Gillette.

AB will be fine because they have a lot of products, but Bud Light maybe screwed. They are the "default" beer for many.
They'll all be fine. Gillette lost something like $8 billion on their evaluation and their CEO was all too happy to do so. As stated before, they're well taken care of by ESG, Soros, etc. That money is chump change for the propaganda they get to push and division it creates.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Zarathustra said:

CSTXAg92 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.
The female CMO that approved the campaign said Budweiser had been in decline for years. She said its brand was too Fratty.

Guess what... she just ended the Frat-Daddy brand.

Would love to know who she is. Any links?

Shoefly!
AG
Teslag said:

Manhattan said:

Yea, virtue signaling.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqypJz8AZGE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Do you think this move was good for Bud Light? Yes or no.

Of course he/she/it does!
Teslag
AG
nai06 said:

Durkin Nowitzki said:

And while you are here, consider purchasing a book for your coffee table, Beers and Queer History.

https://shop.millerlite.com/collections/beers-queer-history-book/products/beers-and-queer-history-book

I see the goalie gear is strapped on tight again.

Now do yuengling
cypress-ag
AG
Let's see how this plays out in Kyle Field this season....lots of AB product offered. I'll be locked into Dos X from here on out. Going to look tonight and this weekend at Olsen as well. I didn't drink Bud Light because it was an awful beer but didn't mind a Stella or Negro Modelo from time to time.
AgLiving06
nai06 said:

Durkin Nowitzki said:

Don't let perfection get in the way of progress.

If Bud continues to actually be punished by consumers for their behavior, others are going to hesitate before doing the same thing they did and that's a good thing.
Anonymous Source
S
milner79 said:

Here's your answer. Has been for years. Harry Jersig's Lone Star Beer.

Owned by Pabst, and contracts with Miller for production at the Miller plant in Ft Worth.
Gig 'Em
nai06
AG
Teslag said:

nai06 said:

Durkin Nowitzki said:

Now do yuengling

I recall that the owner came out and endorsed Trump at some point. I suspect people vowed to boycott them as well which didn't really seem to do much of anything.

I haven't checked, but I am sure they are in the top 20 in terms of popularity. But i'd be shocked if they even hold 1% of market share. They aren't even available nationwide are they?

Saying people can just buy Yuengling instead of Bud Light is just silly. Sure some people can, but they aren't similar in terms of scope and reach.

Hell the Yuengling you buy in Texas is brewed by MolsonCoors in Fort Worth. They made a huge deal about the partnership when they came to Texas. So I guess buying Yuengling is still supporting a "woke" company.

I'm not much of a drinker anymore but I will drink bud light if its offered to me, same with yuengling or any other beer out there.

Of course all of this discourse is just stupid to begin with but go ahead and search out the "non woke" beers
CDUB98
AG
Anonymous Source said:

milner79 said:

Owned by Pabst, and contracts with Miller for production at the Miller plant in Ft Worth.

aka, squeezes the dregs out of the fermentation tanks.
barbacoa taco
AG
cypress-ag said:

Let's see how this plays out in Kyle Field this season....lots of AB product offered. I'll be locked into Dos X from here on out. Going to look tonight and this weekend at Olsen as well. I didn't drink Bud Light because it was an awful beer but didn't mind a Stella or Negro Modelo from time to time.
I'm sure if Kyle Field sells any AB products this season they'll promptly get a tsunami of complaints from the Rudder Association.
Old_Ag_91
AG
Well said. And to your post i would like to add

Dont buy these beers unless youre ok with the A-B agenda:

All crap beer owned by AB:
Budweiser
Michelob
Rolling Rock
Busch
Shock Top
Natural
Johnny Appleseed
LandShark Lager
Better beer owned by AB added to the boycott:
Karbach (no exception for Rodeo Clown)
Goose Island
Blue Point
10 Barrel
Golden Road Brewing
Four Peaks
Elysian Brewing
Devils Backbone Brewing
Breckinridge Brewing
Wicked Weed Brewing
CDUB98
AG
barbacoa taco said:

cypress-ag said:

I'm sure if Kyle Field sells any AB products this season they'll promptly get a tsunami of complaints from the Rudder Association.

Well, Levy and Pepsi suck giant hairy moose balls and they're still running things.

People can complain all they want. The A&M Administration only cares about dollar bills guaranteed in the contract.
carl spacklers hat
DrEvazanPhD said:

Viper16 said:

beanbean said:

Viper16 said:

interesting list
Easy enough for me to avoid everything on that list.
Same here.

However will i replace King Cobra in my malt liquor repertoire?
Switch to Olde English and never look back.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
deddog
AG
nai06 said:

Teslag said:

nai06 said:

Durkin Nowitzki said:

Now do yuengling

I recall that the owner came out and endorsed Trump at some point. I suspect people vowed to boycott them as well which didn't really seem to do much of anything.

I haven't checked, but I am sure they are in the top 20 in terms of popularity. But i'd be shocked if they even hold 1% of market share. They aren't even available nationwide are they?

Saying people can just buy Yuengling instead of Bud Light is just silly. Sure some people can, but they aren't similar in terms of scope and reach.

Hell the Yuengling you buy in Texas is brewed by MolsonCoors in Fort Worth. They made a huge deal about the partnership when they came to Texas. So I guess buying Yuengling is still supporting a "woke" company.

I'm not much of a drinker anymore but I will drink bud light if its offered to me, same with yuengling or any other beer out there.

Of course all of this discourse is just stupid to begin with but go ahead and search out the "non woke" beers
The real discourse is how Woke CEOs and CMOs lose their companies millions and and sometimes billions of dollars, by pushing woke political agendas instead of sound advertising.

Not everyone can pull off divisive advertising, especially when you are the bottom of the barrel product
Hubert J. Farnsworth
blacksox said:

My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.

This is an incredibly dishonest statement and you know it. I'd expect nothing less from a leftist though.
nai06
AG
cypress-ag said:

Dos Equis is owned by Heineken

https://marketingtherainbow.info/case%20studies/cs-fmcg/heineken
nai06
AG
carl spacklers hat said:

DrEvazanPhD said:

Viper16 said:

beanbean said:

Viper16 said:

interesting list
Easy enough for me to avoid everything on that list.
Same here.

However will i replace King Cobra in my malt liquor repertoire?
Switch to Olde English and never look back.
Made by Miller

see the links I posted above.
Old May Banker
AG
blacksox said:

My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.

Look, there's two kinds of dumb: a guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and a guy who does the same in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with.
Space-Tech
milner79 said:

Pabst owns Lone Star. Which also owns Jack Daniel's.
PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV
mmh
AG
deddog said:

More:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11958781/The-woman-lead-largest-beer-brand-industry.html

Quote:

A graduate of Wharton business school, she has been hailed in interviews as the first woman to 'lead' Bud Light in its 41-year history.

On March 30, in an interview with the Make Yourself at Home podcast, she told of her strategy to ditch Bud Light's 'fratty' reputation and embrace inclusivity to attract a young generation of drinkers.

Quote:

That said, despite being a proponent of progressive ideals, the New Yorker is a registered Republican, according to public records updated in 2016, and as previously mentioned, has a family with three young children.

She married her husband Henry Charles Heinerscheid, a consultant in Boston with Tapestry Networks, in 2011, after working with him as a senior associate for five years at the firm after graduating Harvard, where she studied English

She started at AB in 2015. She joins the Republican party in 2016. This was Horse Sh.. from the get-go.
PA24
AG
Don't drink so don't care.

With booze you lose
With dope, there is no hope.
Stinky T
AG
Let me see if I can help Dumb-Dumb McHorseyface out here.

The first rule of growing your brand is don't do anything that causes your current customer base to leave the brand.

The second rule is don't do anything to harm adjacent brands of the larger company.

This dumbass managed to do both and the higher ups have not been smart enough to can her worthless butt yet. Absolutely amazing! The times we live in are truly indescribable.
Space-Tech
cypress-ag said:

Heineken owns Dos Equis

PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV
mmh
AG
The third rule is....

No GUMS.
YouBet
AG
SIAP but has the Marketing chick been fired yet?
eric76
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

It is incredibly difficult to get people to change from brands they are loyal to.

They just forced many to change from Bud Light.
It is even more difficult to get them to come back after they changed. There are some reasons why it might be easier, such as if they moved and it is not sold where they moved, but in general, lose a customer and he's likely gone for good.
eric76
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Ima be honest.

Once their inventory starts to build up... I'm going in for the mass purchase at discount prices. Piss beer, or not... I have a bunch of young drinkers in the house who will think it is good beer.
I used to buy Busch Bavarian Beer when it was $1 per sixpack and everything else was something like $1.30 a sixpack. And it was not that bad a beer.
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.