Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

443,766 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
Space-Tech
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stock Market says otherwise.
PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV
nortex97
AG
Me too. The Bud Light memes have pretty much overloaded my humor system at this point, though. So…much material.

I would hazard a guess that while the US contributes 29 percent of sales/ebitda they know their core beer business here is declining. Oh, wait, that's what they said in their annual report;

Quote:

Don't forget to also avoid Corona/Stella/Michelob products etc, Ags!
Slicer97
AG
I can't say I've ever found the notion appealing enough to give it a try.
GeorgiAg
AG
flakrat
AG
Did they fire the genius behind this campaign yet?
Squadron7
AG
blacksox said:

My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.

Being expected to lie on demand doesn't sit well with a lot of people.
GeorgiAg
AG
Yesterday
AG
Not sure it matters but AB doesn't own Modelo or Corona beer in the US. It's made and sold by Constellation Brands Beer division in separate plants etc. AB sells it to the rest of the world though.
GeorgiAg
AG
TequilaMockingbird
TequilaMockingbird
flakrat said:

Did they fire the genius behind this campaign yet?
Bud Light=New Coke?
ttu_85
Space-Tech said:

Bawhahahahah. In the long run, sales trump the day after stock price bucko. It wont take long for the stock price to align with financial health.

Uh, if your investing I hope you have someone else managing your portfolio

Do they teach libs anything.?
KidDoc
AG
Viper16 said:

interesting list
Thanks for posting this. Lots of brews I like on that list but I'm sure I can find alternatives. Leffe, Landshark, Stella are fairly regulars for me despite hating bud light for years now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Urban Ag
AG
It's going to be fun watching leftists goaltend for the world's largest producer of a product they don't consume and routinely mock those who do.
CSTXAg92
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.
The female CMO that approved the campaign said Budweiser had been in decline for years. She said its brand was too Fratty.

Guess what... she just ended the Frat-Daddy brand.

Would love to know who she is. Any links?
annie88
AG
powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.

Well that and they're ****ting all over women promoting a man who sells tampons.
GeorgiAg
AG
Showertime at the Bidens
CSTXAg92 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

The female CMO that approved the campaign said Budweiser had been in decline for years. She said its brand was too Fratty.

annie88
AG
Only one I like on that list is michelob light, so no big deal.

But I'm not a boycotter.
Keller6Ag91
AG
Manhattan said:

Yea, virtue signaling.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqypJz8AZGE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to like his Instagram post.

If you're in favor of trans, you're a delusional, illogical non-thinker.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
GeorgiAg
AG
deddog
AG
CSTXAg92 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

https://nypost.com/2023/04/10/bud-lights-marketing-vp-was-inspired-to-update-fratty-out-of-touch-branding/

Quote:

Bud Light's vice president of marketing discussed in a recent interview how she was inspired to update the "fratty" and "out of touch" humor of the beer company with inclusivity.

Alissa Heinerscheid did an interview with the podcast "Make Yourself At Home" on March 30, where she discussed her work in transforming the Bud Light brand.

Did she work for Gillette before this?
Showertime at the Bidens

Urban Ag
AG
Speaking of Gillette, I used their razors and shave cream from the time I was a teen up through that stupid Super Bowl ad where the clearly biological female girl is shaving her non existent beard in the mirror with dad. Nope. Game over. Once that last supply of blades was done I've never purchased again. Not participating in embracing mental illness.
deddog
AG
More:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11958781/The-woman-lead-largest-beer-brand-industry.html

Quote:

A graduate of Wharton business school, she has been hailed in interviews as the first woman to 'lead' Bud Light in its 41-year history.

On March 30, in an interview with the Make Yourself at Home podcast, she told of her strategy to ditch Bud Light's 'fratty' reputation and embrace inclusivity to attract a young generation of drinkers.

Quote:

That said, despite being a proponent of progressive ideals, the New Yorker is a registered Republican, according to public records updated in 2016, and as previously mentioned, has a family with three young children.

She married her husband Henry Charles Heinerscheid, a consultant in Boston with Tapestry Networks, in 2011, after working with him as a senior associate for five years at the firm after graduating Harvard, where she studied English
CSTXAg92
AG
Zarathustra said:

CSTXAg92 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

Thanks for posting....

EXACTLY the type of person you'd have expected this atrocious idea to come from. EXACTLY.
Tramp96
Zarathustra said:

CSTXAg92 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

I bet she's really attractive to the Clydesdales.
milner79
Here's your answer. Has been for years. Harry Jersig's Lone Star Beer.

deddog
AG
Urban Ag said:

Speaking of Gillette, I used their razors and shave cream from the time I was a teen up through that stupid Super Bowl ad where the clearly biological female girl is shaving her non existent beard in the mirror with dad. Nope. Game over. Once that last supply of blades was done I've never purchased again. Not participating in embracing mental illness.
Likewise, same for my kids.
geoag58
AG
Never a clearer example of the tragedy of fetal alcohol syndrome.
Pizza
Space-Tech said:

Purchase some options or shares, and put your money where your mouth is?

Disclaimer for leftists: do not actually put your money where your mouth is. This is a common saying used by human beings to convey a point, as opposed to just stating the point. In conclusion the saying is only intended to cleverly tell someone to place them self at risk as opposed to asking others to place themselves at risk. This disclaimer may seem unnecessary, but tbh 10 years ago I would never have imagined that people would cut their body parts off to try and become something else...so clearly ya'll need some extra explanations.
Anyone who chooses to ride a bicycle in the street is a threat to themselves, and others. If a vehicle strikes you accidentally, YOU are at fault; and the laws of physics supercede all else when you're in the path of a 2 ton killing machine. Know your place, stay off the road.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

Single handedly. It's amazing. This idiot just create a bigger marketing flop then new coke with a single tweet

They probably spent $2,500-$10k on a marketing campaign that torpedoed billions of add spending over decades

They will write textbooks about how not doing a proper marketing study can destroy a brand

Then to see her interview about how she was a business woman and how the frat image wasn't what they wanted

Truly remarkable in the worst way, it is astounding.

And all Bud Light had to do to salvage this, since the tweet went out on April Fool's day, was to claim it was an April Fools joke, but no one was smart enough to do that and they doubled down

I just wished I owned a microbrewery today.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
Old May Banker
AG
milner79 said:

Here's your answer. Has been for years. Harry Jersig's Lone Star Beer.

Here's my second blue star for you
American Hardwood
AG
I finally got around to watching that video. I'd like to formally offer my services to AB to be their head of marketing. I have absolutely no experience in that field, but I can guarantee you that I will never spout out anything that stupid during my tenure. On top of that, I'll not say stupid **** for 20% less salary than whatever you are paying this vapid nitwit. You won't get great marketing, but you won't lose billions in sales for anything I have to say.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
ttu_85 said:

Space-Tech said:

Bawhahahahah. In the long run, sales trump the day after stock price bucko. It wont take long for the stock price to align with financial health.

Uh, if your investing I hope you have someone else managing your portfolio

Do they teach libs anything.?
Exactly. Wait until the 2nd quarter earnings report comes out. Gonna be like reading a comic book.
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.