Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

443,627 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
Get Off My Lawn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Satellite of Love said:

powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.
That lady VP of marketing went out of her way to appeal to what, less 2% of the population while alienating 30 to 50% of the population (many of who might be customers). I'm not sure what marketing class would call that a good business plan.
Again - employees like these are snakes in the grass. She's going to get picked up by a trendy lefty company and the company she tarnished will be too cowardly to sue her for the damage she caused.
CDUB98
AG
Satellite of Love said:

powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.
That lady VP of marketing went out of her way to appeal to what, less 2% of the population while alienating 30 to 50% of the population (many of who might be customers). I'm not sure what marketing class would call that a good business plan.

I'll keep preaching this to y'all until y'all get it.

It's not the tiny population of trans, it's the trans and all their supporting allies. Probably 20-30% of the population.
CDUB98
AG
AgNav93 said:

What are they teaching in marketing and business these days?

Thou shalt worship DEI.
AgBandsman
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

blacksox said:

My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.
Didn't have any problem whatsoever with transies until they started (a) demanding that we play along with their delusions and psychosis, (b) demanding that we open the door to creepy perverted dudes sharing bathrooms and even locker rooms with out daughters, and (c) messing with children.

HTH. It probably won't. But hope it makes sense to someone on here.
...and demanded we blame the right wing when they shoot up our (Christian) schools and innocent children.

Scum.
CDUB98
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Viper16 said:

beanbean said:

Viper16 said:

interesting list
Easy enough for me to avoid everything on that list.
Same here.

However will i replace King Cobra in my malt liquor repertoire?

Time to grab The Bull.

P.H. Dexippus
AG
CDUB98 said:

Satellite of Love said:

powerbelly said:

It's not the tiny population of trans, it's the trans and all their supporting allies. Probably 20-30% of the population.
20-30% of the population that does not and will not drink BudLight.
akm91
AG
CDUB98 said:

Satellite of Love said:

powerbelly said:

The lot of them are mentally ill
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
rednecked
AG
Viper16 said:

interesting list
there is something wrong with this. Czechvar is a wonderful true Czech brewery and not owned by Inbev. in fact, they have been in a legal battle with Budweiser for years.

Small but feisty Czech brewer Budweiser Budvar, National Corporation has been battling mighty Anheuser-Busch (A-B) for nearly a century over the right to use the famed Budweiser brand. Budweiser Budvar National Corp., which remains wholly owned by the Czech government's National Property Fund, hails from the town of Cesk Budejovice, also known as Budweis, leading to the company's claim as the brewer of the "Original" Budweiser--and not the A-B version, which, despite being the world's largest-selling beer brand, remains what many consider a pale imitation of a full-bodied beer. On the other hand, the Budweiser Budvar version is recognized by many beer experts and consumers as among the world's finest lagers. Since the beginning of the 1990s, Budvar has succeeded in winning its case in a number of markets, and especially in Eastern and Western Europe, and now holds the exclusive trademark to the Budweiser name in more than 50 countries. In North America, however, the company is forced to market its beers under the Czechvar name in accordance with an agreement made with A-B in 1939. Since emerging from Communist domination, during which period Budweiser Budvar existed primarily as one of the country's three authorized export beers, the company has successfully gained a strong share of its domestic market as well, and by the beginning of the 2000s ranked as the country's number four brewer, producing more than 1.3 million hectoliters per year. Budweiser Budvar operates sales and marketing subsidiaries in a number of countries, notably in the United Kingdom--the only country where both Budvar and A-B have the rights to the Budweiser brand name--as well as in Germany and Croatia. In these markets, and others such as Austria, Budvar ranks among the top-selling imported beers. In the Czech Republic, Budvar operates its own chain of retail stores, which sell wine and other alcoholic beverages, in addition to its Budweiser Budvar, Budweiser Free (non-alcoholic), and Bud Super-Strong brews. Budvar is slated for possible privatization, but remains under control of the Czech government; the company is led by Jir Bocek.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
CDUB98 said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

CDUB98 said:

The Green Dragon said:

Don't forget that they have a lot of other brands, including Karbach. Hit these leftists where it hurts. Don't buy a damned thing.

As a rider in the Karbach cycling group, this one is actually tough. I'm there to hang with the people, cause we all know the beer is iffy at best now. Even though most won't say it, I'll be at least half, if not more, of the people who ride with Karbach think this Mulvany dude is disgusting.

CMs, xe/xem/xyr, ze/hir/hirs, and gentlemen…the worst humble brag in the history of texags.

Ummm, okay? Considering the cycling hate here, it's not really a brag. More like a damn target to say it.

Totally, bro.
Central Committee
AG
Good. While the management team was congratulating themselves on a good DEI score the stockholders are going to love management for the hard drop in sales.

The question is going to be if this is a momentary blip in sales, or the the Headache in a Can looking at an extended decline in sales.

I am sure a certain clueless marketing person will be looking for a new job soon, voluntarily or involuntarily. But I am sure there are enough leftist companies or members of Congress willing to give their little heroine a job.
CDUB98
AG
akm91 said:

CDUB98 said:

Satellite of Love said:

powerbelly said:

I'm not disagreeing.

I'm merely saying that I often see around here the "miniscule," "1%,", "small percentage" phrases thrown about. That's simply not reality. Y'all are underestimating the size of this idiotic contingent.
Urban Ag
AG
CDUB98 said:

Y'all can scream "go woke, go broke" until the cows come home, but until sales stay consistently low, people get axed, and the share price drops, it's merely a bump in the road for the mega-corp.

I hope like hell that they fail, but the odds are against it.
You may be right but I think this one is different. Very different. Unlike the GM or Nike customers, the vast percentage of the consumers of BL, Bud, Busch, and Natty, are pretty culturally and politically monolithic, and we know which way. Now they've completely associated their product, and therefore those customers, with a fruity twink that pretends he's a teenage girl. For years to come, dudes will be reminding any fellow dude who shows up to the party with a 12 pack of BL exactly that. We will see.
American Hardwood
AG
CDUB98 said:

Y'all can scream "go woke, go broke" until the cows come home, but until sales stay consistently low, people get axed, and the share price drops, it's merely a bump in the road for the mega-corp.

I hope like hell that they fail, but the odds are against it.
I don't see 'go woke, go broke' really having lasting effects for most companies, but I think this one might be different. For starters, whatever woke decision a company may make it has to be 1. considered a bad thing by enough of its customers, and 2. the customers have to be aware of the decision. In many cases not enough people actually know that some woke decision was made.

Then, the product has to have enough appeal to bring back a customer after the initial emotional reaction.

I think Bud Light fails on all of these. Clearly Bud Light drinkers don't like the decision and clearly a vast number of the customers have become aware of the campaign. And lastly, Bud Light isn't unique enough to overcome the objection. As I stated before, after a couple weeks of drinking something else, the consumer will get used to another product and the chances of going back are diminished greatly.

Contrast this to say blue jeans. If you are a Levi's guy then odds are, you aren't going to be happy with another brand because of the fit and the feel. It's much more a personal thing and there aren't nearly as many options as there are in the beer market.
Urban Ag
AG
CDUB98 said:

Satellite of Love said:

powerbelly said:

Who were not consuming the flagship AB products already and won't now.

If Ford puts out an F150 "Trans" package edition pickup, the trans and their allies may cheer, but the average Karen is suburbia is not going to trade in the Subaru for a new truck.
EX TEXASEX
Old Sarge said:

Here's to you, Anheuser-Busch, you EARNED it!
Your post immediately made my mind go to " Real companies of genius ad playing. " You SJW marketer took the brand your random sociopathic company spent decades building up and immediately destroyed it.overnight " Then I hear the gruff sounding back up singer guy singing. " I want to have free access to the ladies' restroooom "
American Hardwood
AG
Quote:

For years to come, dudes will be reminding any fellow dude who shows up to the party with a 12 pack of BL exactly that. We will see.
Lol, this should not gone unnoticed. The power of dude ridicule is substantial and sustaining. To this day, the one dude in my circle that said, "Brokeback Mountain wasn't that bad of movie." STILL hasn't lived that down and is reminded about it frequently.
Urban Ag
AG
Good points and there is another that no one is touching.

In order to consume an AB beverage one has to actually hold the can, bottle, or glass, to their lips, open their mouth, allow the product in your mouth, and swallow. Not sorry, it's hard to get the image of twink in the bathtub out of your head while drinking a foaming liquid.

I mean, I don't think I'll ever be able to look at one of my friends drinking a BL now and not crack a stupid joke.
GeorgiAg
AG
Old May Banker
AG
I bet the chick responsible for this idiocy will be fired or demoted from her position as soon as they can think of how to do so without getting sued to death.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
American Hardwood said:

Quote:

For years to come, dudes will be reminding any fellow dude who shows up to the party with a 12 pack of BL exactly that. We will see.
Lol, this should not gone unnoticed. The power of dude ridicule is substantial and sustaining. To this day, the one dude in my circle that said, "Brokeback Mountain wasn't that bad of movie." STILL hasn't lived that down and is reminded about it frequently.
My nephew grabbed a 12 pack of corona to bring to a poker game and didn't realize he grabbed coronitas. So not only did we give him the usual crap, he got triple the dose for his little lady beers. Still brought up any time a family get together happens.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
GeorgiAg
AG
Urban Ag
AG
If they fire her they will face the wrath of the woke mob, big time. Quite the conundrum I'd say. My guess is she will be "re-purposed" within the company and eventually find another c-suite gig elsewhere.
Dan Scott
AG
Stock is pretty much flat since this news. Anybody shorting?
GeorgiAg
AG
txag2k
AG
beanbean said:

Viper16 said:

interesting list
Easy enough for me to avoid everything on that list.
Same. Didn't know I was already boycotting their entire portfolio, and have been for years!!
Dan Scott
AG
Also the VP hit a homerun with the SuberBowl bud light ad even though they stole concept. It bought her some time.
GeorgiAg
AG
GeorgiAg
AG
barbacoa taco
AG
I'm never drinking Bud Light again.

Has nothing to do with this stupid trans controversy. I stopped drinking it after college because it tastes like cat piss. And I'm not a lolpoor so I drink craft beer.
GeorgiAg
AG
rocky the dog
AG
Man, I hate being late to the party...

Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
c-jags
CDUB98 said:

akm91 said:

CDUB98 said:

Satellite of Love said:

powerbelly said:

I'm not disagreeing.

I'm merely saying that I often see around here the "miniscule," "1%,", "small percentage" phrases thrown about. That's simply not reality. Y'all are underestimating the size of this idiotic contingent.

There is a lady in my church and some extremely progressive neighbors that have had dozens of posts about the racism of the Casting out of the Tennessee 3 and how terrible the trans laws are that have also entirely avoided anything about the shooting itself when they normally post about every shooting and blame republicans.

We are dealing with people that are win at all costs for their causes, reality be damned.
Slicer97
AG
barbacoa taco said:

I'm never drinking Bud Light again.

Has nothing to do with this stupid trans controversy. I stopped drinking it after college because it tastes like cat piss. And I'm not a lolpoor so I drink craft beer.
Uh, when were you drinking cat piss? And, uh, why?
GeorgiAg
AG
barbacoa taco
AG
you dont drink cat piss?
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.