Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

443,768 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
GigEmJake17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any brews/companies you can find at HEB that are at least politically neutral? Molson Coors seems to donate a lot to Rs
Aggies1322
AG
powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.

The inevitable consequence of belief in stakeholder capitalism… when shareholder capitalism SHOULD be the only focus.
powerbelly
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Just an FYI... Michelob Ultra and Stella are owned by Anheiser.

And don't forget, Anheiser is actually owned by InBev.

Corona, Spaten, Beck's, Fosters
They own a lot of ****ty beers. It is pretty easy to avoid AB InBev unless you are at a stadium.
Irish 2.0
GigEmJake17 said:

Any brews/companies you can find at HEB that are at least politically neutral? Molson Coors seems to donate a lot to Rs
Shiner Bock
FTAG 2000
AG
powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.

But A-B got added to the big DEI fund brokered by Vanguard and Blackrock, stock has actually gained since they announced this.

Urban Ag
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Yeah, I don't understand this move by AB. It's not like with NIKE where they could count on Leftists making up whatever they lost from conservatives angered by the lecture from Kaepernick. Both left & right need athletic gear. But light beer is very different. Libs that are aware of the AB pro trans campaign aren't going to switch to crappy Bud Lite out of solidarity. That's a bridge too far.
But, but, back when the Dixie Chicks trashed W on the world stage and country music fans voiced their displeasure, liberals everywhere started buying their albums like crazy and quickly came to love their energetic, feminist, yet folksy style!

/For about a month then their careers completely tanked
richardag
DallasAg 94 said:

Just an FYI... Michelob Ultra and Stella are owned by Anheiser.

And don't forget, Anheiser is actually owned by InBev.

Corona, Spaten, Beck's, Fosters
This marketing manager is doing the work of the anti trust regulators without any help.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Prosperdick
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

GigEmJake17 said:

Shiner Bock
Urban Ag
AG
Kozmozag said:

Yall aren't taking in to consideration the lqbtq+ community and their allies democrats. AB will be supported.
In order to support AB you must buy their product. A lot if it. They won't.
BenFiasco14
AG
Can't wait for the inevitable dueling thread when bud light has a good weekend and we argue back and forth about why.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Irish 2.0
Kozmozag said:

Yall aren't taking in to consideration the lqbtq+ community and their allies democrats. AB will be supported.
When was the last time you saw a bunch of alphabet army people slamming and guzzling bud light? Now, when was the last time you saw a bunch of blue collar types and football fans slamming bud lights?

The numbers aren't there to replace their core market demographic. This was an absolute ****ting of the bed and not well thought out plan by AB. It's ****ed them royally and you'll see it on their ledger.
Demosthenes81
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Ima be honest.

Once their inventory starts to build up... I'm going in for the mass purchase at discount prices. Piss beer, or not... I have a bunch of young drinkers in the house who will think it is good beer.
Then it is time to introduce them to a true American institutuion:

angus55
Urban Ag said:

Kozmozag said:

In order to support AB you must buy their product. A lot if it. They won't.

Articles say sales down in Hells Kitchen bars massively too.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
blacksox
My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.
captkirk
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

The female CMO that approved the campaign said Budweiser had been in decline for years. She said its brand was too Fratty.

Guess what... she just ended the Frat-Daddy brand.

She knows she's selling mediocre beer, right?
ttu_85
blacksox said:

My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.
And your obsession with Republicans is hilarious. There is no question this was a marketing fiasco of an epic magnitude. Its not a "far right" thing. Its stupid marketing !!!
Garrelli 5000
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
blacksox said:

Aggie95
AG
blacksox said:

Republicans aren't the ones making a spectacle out of Dylan Mulvaney and others being used by companies to flash their "solidarity"! I agree, the trans movement IS quite the spectacle and nothing else.
BG Knocc Out
powerbelly said:

Especially on behalf of such a miniscule % of the population. Caitlyn Jenner would have been dumb, but using a creepy ass anorexic dude with 5 o'clock shadow who is basically a manic deranged exaggerated caricature of a 12 year old girl was about as stupid as it gets. It's just screaming at people to stop using your product.

Mind blowing stupidity and short sightedness by Tranheiser Busch.
BG Knocc Out
blacksox said:

Didn't have any problem whatsoever with transies until they started (a) demanding that we play along with their delusions and psychosis, (b) demanding that we open the door to creepy perverted dudes sharing bathrooms and even locker rooms with out daughters, and (c) messing with children.

HTH. It probably won't. But hope it makes sense to someone on here.
ttu_85
Manhattan said:

If it gets AB to sell more expensive beers to people like Crenshaw, then probably.
So....Kinda like selling more expensive tea, instead of two cheap ones.

WTH economics at work
rgag12
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

The female CMO that approved the campaign said Budweiser had been in decline for years. She said its brand was too Fratty.

Guess what... she just ended the Frat-Daddy brand.

Yea because the urban hipsters that champion made-up genders is going to stop drinking wine and craft beer, and all of a sudden start chugging drinks they've looked down on for decades.
heavens11
AG
Cynic said:

We'll see. Sounds like wishful thinking to me. All these companies keep humming along in spite of their dreadful social media campaigns.

I definitely think the companies going down the path to embrace these "causes" are calculating that they won't be punished by their customers who disagree with their now front and center politics. History would largely support that gamble but who knows
"It's just another corps trip boys, we'll march in behind the band"
American Hardwood
AG
That's funny and true, but if you really want to get off the corporate beer circus, craft beers are the way to go. There are probably some really great folks brewing in your hometown right now. Go meet them, find out what their values are and support them.
CDUB98
AG
The Green Dragon said:

Don't forget that they have a lot of other brands, including Karbach. Hit these leftists where it hurts. Don't buy a damned thing.

As a rider in the Karbach cycling group, this one is actually tough. I'm there to hang with the people, cause we all know the beer is iffy at best now. Even though most won't say it, I'll be at least half, if not more, of the people who ride with Karbach think this Mulvany dude is disgusting.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Get woke, go broke. Never fails.

Meh, it actually always fails…what woke company has actually gone broke? This only works if people boycott it long term, not just a couple of weeks.
jrdaustin
AG
Manhattan said:

Yea, virtue signaling.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqypJz8AZGE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Actually, that was pretty funny. Describes me to a "T". It's hard to boycott something you never buy...
Urban Ag
AG
from this

to this

I feel bad for my sons.
BCG Disciple
AG
Manhattan said:

Yea, virtue signaling.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqypJz8AZGE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yikes, Karbach is owned by AB. Unfortunately goes for our own canned 12th man lager from Karbach, which I liked.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
CDUB98 said:

The Green Dragon said:

Don't forget that they have a lot of other brands, including Karbach. Hit these leftists where it hurts. Don't buy a damned thing.

As a rider in the Karbach cycling group, this one is actually tough. I'm there to hang with the people, cause we all know the beer is iffy at best now. Even though most won't say it, I'll be at least half, if not more, of the people who ride with Karbach think this Mulvany dude is disgusting.

CMs, xe/xem/xyr, ze/hir/hirs, and gentlemen…the worst humble brag in the history of texags.
jrdaustin
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

powerbelly said:

But A-B got added to the big DEI fund brokered by Vanguard and Blackrock, stock has actually gained since they announced this.
Not to worry. They still have to be able to sell something. Short-term price bumps for ESG compliance will be just that - short term.
Teslag
AG
blacksox said:

Do you think alienating your core demographic and causing a massive drop in sales and stock prices is a good marketing move?

Yes or no.
AxelFoley85
Where can I find a couple six packs? I'd like to prank my friend this weekend.
CDUB98
AG
heavens11 said:

Cynic said:

We'll see. Sounds like wishful thinking to me. All these companies keep humming along in spite of their dreadful social media campaigns.

I definitely think the companies going down the path to embrace these "causes" are calculating that they won't be punished by their customers who disagree with their now front and center politics. History would largely support that gamble but who knows

You're likely correct. There's not doubt in my mind that they had internal conversations about the initial hit they would take, but expect most of their customers to return.

Only time will tell if their gamble pays off.
Last Page
Page 2 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.