Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

443,752 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
DTP02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Get woke, go broke. Never fails.

It fails all the time; that's the problem. Conservatives don't react as emotionally as liberals, generally speaking, so the woke forces typically don't get punished for their efforts.

Hopefully this one catastrophic failure will be the impetus for some more widespread changes.
CDUB98
AG
American Hardwood said:

That's funny and true, but if you really want to get off the corporate beer circus, craft beers are the way to go. There are probably some really great folks brewing in your hometown right now. Go meet them, find out what their values are and support them.

One of the owners of 11 Below is an Aggie.

I don't know their politics though, but they haven't been out in everyone's face like Eureka Heights.
Aggie Infantry
AG
As Trump said - everything the left touches turns to crap.
When the truth comes out, do not ask me how I knew.
Ask yourself why you did not.
Viper16
AG

interesting list
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
beanbean
AxelFoley85 said:

Where can I find a couple six packs? I'd like to prank my friend this weekend.
Of Bud light? Try most stores.
BG Knocc Out
BCG Disciple said:

Manhattan said:

Yea, virtue signaling.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqypJz8AZGE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yikes, Karbach is owned by AB. Unfortunately goes for our own canned 12th man lager from Karbach, which I liked.
Plenty of other more "mom n pop" local breweries that put out amazing beers.
Muy
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Get woke, go broke. Never fails.

This one is an easy cancel.
CDUB98
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Manhattan said:

Yea, virtue signaling.

Yikes, Karbach is owned by AB. Unfortunately goes for our own canned 12th man lager from Karbach, which I liked.

I recently learned that AB InBev only owns 49% of Karbach. I thought the owner's had completely sold out, but they, and others, retained 51% to keep InBev from total control. Now, in reality, since InBev is the majority shareholder, they still basically wag the dog.
captkirk
AG
blacksox said:

My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.

Yeah, it's our obsession. Keep telling yourself that
BG Knocc Out
beanbean said:

AxelFoley85 said:

I want a sixer with Dylan Mulvaney's fruity ass face on there, just as a collector's item. I just don't want to give one cent to AB.

Maybe that is what he is talking about? Cans with his actual image?
CDUB98
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

CDUB98 said:

The Green Dragon said:

Don't forget that they have a lot of other brands, including Karbach. Hit these leftists where it hurts. Don't buy a damned thing.

As a rider in the Karbach cycling group, this one is actually tough. I'm there to hang with the people, cause we all know the beer is iffy at best now. Even though most won't say it, I'll be at least half, if not more, of the people who ride with Karbach think this Mulvany dude is disgusting.

CMs, xe/xem/xyr, ze/hir/hirs, and gentlemen…the worst humble brag in the history of texags.

Ummm, okay? Considering the cycling hate here, it's not really a brag. More like a damn target to say it.
Madagascar
AG
I think the reason this protest is working is because AB chose to pull this stunt on the one market that would not put up with it. Had they put shehe on a girlier, less popular beer, or if another more progressive company uses "them" as their brand, it likely would not have been picked up as much as it was. AB committed marketing suicide with this move.
beanbean
Viper16 said:

interesting list
Easy enough for me to avoid everything on that list.
BG Knocc Out
CDUB98 said:

BCG Disciple said:

Manhattan said:

Yea, virtue signaling.

I recently learned that AB InBev only owns 49% of Karbach. I thought the owner's had completely sold out, but they, and others, retained 51% to keep InBev from total control. Now, in reality, since InBev is the majority shareholder, they still basically wag the dog.
If that's the case, those guys must be fuming and stressing the F out...unless they are flaming libs who are fine with sacrificing substantial revenue for "the cause"...which I don't think is the case.

I will never visit their brewery or drink another drop of their beer again. Lucky for them, I think most of the boycott stops at Budlight and other big known AB products. The vast majority of the public has no ideas about Karbach's ties.
rgag12
AG
American Hardwood said:

That's funny and true, but if you really want to get off the corporate beer circus, craft beers are the way to go. There are probably some really great folks brewing in your hometown right now. Go meet them, find out what their values are and support them.

Craft beers/micro-breweries are good too I agree.
CDUB98
AG
Aggie Infantry said:

As Trump said - everything the left touches turns to crap.

Can crap really be turned into crap? I mean, it's a pretty low bar to begin with.
BG Knocc Out
CDUB98 said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

CDUB98 said:

The Green Dragon said:

Don't forget that they have a lot of other brands, including Karbach. Hit these leftists where it hurts. Don't buy a damned thing.

As a rider in the Karbach cycling group, this one is actually tough. I'm there to hang with the people, cause we all know the beer is iffy at best now. Even though most won't say it, I'll be at least half, if not more, of the people who ride with Karbach think this Mulvany dude is disgusting.

CMs, xe/xem/xyr, ze/hir/hirs, and gentlemen…the worst humble brag in the history of texags.

Ummm, okay? Considering the cycling hate here, it's not really a brag. More like a damn target to say it.
If you're going to tell people on here that you cycle, might be a good idea to include a picture of your Boss Mustang to balance things out.
beanbean
BG Knocc Out said:

beanbean said:

AxelFoley85 said:

I want a sixer with Dylan Mulvaney's fruity ass face on there, just as a collector's item. I just don't want to give one cent to AB.

Maybe that is what he is talking about? Cans with his actual image?
Oh...all the stories about this says those weren't ever actually for sale.
Artorias
AG
Manhattan said:

Yea, virtue signaling.

You will find no shortage of posters here who agree Crenshaw is a virtue signaling POS.
RK
AG
they could make the losses up next weekend if they rush a "Salena" can to market.
Opalka
AG
Meh, I don't see this anti-Bud stuff lasting. Sort of like the anti-GM thing because they got Gov't loans during the auto-bailout in 2008. No one even remembers it. If you like Bud, it's still the same beer.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

If that's the case, those guys must be fuming and stressing the F out...unless they are flaming libs who are fine with sacrificing substantial revenue for "the cause"...which I don't think is the case.

I think they reside center-left, but I'm not sure Karbach is going to see the hit that Bood Light will.
AxelFoley85
I need them to have the face.
AxelFoley85
That is correct. The reaction from our friends is going to be hilarious when they pop his fridge and see what beer he's offering.
LMCane
GO WOKE GO BROKE

FLORIDA IS WHERE WOKE GOES TO DIE

this is the way
CDUB98
AG
Y'all can scream "go woke, go broke" until the cows come home, but until sales stay consistently low, people get axed, and the share price drops, it's merely a bump in the road for the mega-corp.

I hope like hell that they fail, but the odds are against it.
Viper16
AG
beanbean said:

Viper16 said:

interesting list
Same here.
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
LMCane
DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.
The female CMO that approved the campaign said Budweiser had been in decline for years. She said its brand was too Fratty.

Guess what... she just ended the Frat-Daddy brand.

another very intelligent poster remarked about how that leftist @#$#@ probably intended this all to occur

it destroys the "awful frat beer market" and now after she gets fired she can become the President of the NARAL or Emily's List in New York City.
Satellite of Love
powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.
That lady VP of marketing went out of her way to appeal to what, less 2% of the population while alienating 30 to 50% of the population (many of who might be customers). I'm not sure what marketing class would call that a good business plan.
AgNav93
AG
Talk about being out of touch with your customer base. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE. What are they teaching in marketing and business these days? I don't drink their ****ty beer but many with bad taste do and they ain't the woke kind. Serves them right.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Kozmozag said:

Yall aren't taking in to consideration the lqbtq+ community and their allies democrats. AB will be supported.
Maybe AB can put a package deal together to revive the brand at their fart smelling parties.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Get Off My Lawn
Interesting wrinkle to this boycott: beer and its inputs have shelf lives. If the boycott goes deep enough, they'll have to start dumping product and/or getting punished by clauses in contracts. You don't just stop production for a day and save that money when you've got an orchestrated production schedule to keep.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Satellite of Love said:

powerbelly said:

That lady VP of marketing went out of her way to appeal to what, less 2% of the population while alienating 30 to 50% of the population (many of who might be customers). I'm not sure what marketing class would call that a good business plan.
she's marketing herself. Not the company's product. Now she's a poster child for a C-suite gig of any company that's DEI-captured out there.
Galborathelion
Tracks with what I saw on Sunday going to Kroger, the beer shelves were pretty much all picked clean, but the Bud Light shelf looked untouched floor to top. Crazy what corporations let their marketing teams get away with nowadays.
DrEvazanPhD
Viper16 said:

beanbean said:

Viper16 said:

interesting list
Same here.

However will i replace King Cobra in my malt liquor repertoire?
First Page Last Page
Page 3 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.