Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

444,057 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
DatTallArchitect
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CDUB98 said:

Well, Levy and Pepsi suck giant hairy moose balls and they're still running things.

People can complain all they want. The A&M Administration only cares about dollar bills guaranteed in the contract.
I agree about Levy, but I'll take Pepsi and Mountain Dew over any Coca Cola products every day of the week
Space-Tech
Pluralizes Everythings said:

Space-Tech said:

Stock Market says otherwise.

Purchase some options or shares, and put your money where your mouth is?

Disclaimer for leftists: do not actually put your money where your mouth is. This is a common saying used by human beings to convey a point, as opposed to just stating the point. In conclusion the saying is only intended to cleverly tell someone to place them self at risk as opposed to asking others to place themselves at risk. This disclaimer may seem unnecessary, but tbh 10 years ago I would never have imagined that people would cut their body parts off to try and become something else...so clearly ya'll need some extra explanations.
Companies that trend on Twitter with the #GoWokeGoBroke average a 15% increase YTD.

PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV
EclipseAg
AG
Space-Tech said:

milner79 said:

Here's your answer. Has been for years. Harry Jersig's Lone Star Beer.

Pabst owns Lone Star. Which also owns Jack Daniel's.
Jack Daniel's is owned by spirits conglomerate Brown-Forman.

The spirits industry is all-in on DEI stuff.

EX TEXASEX
So she is one of the hyphenated chicks and I went to linkedin to see if she also had preferred pronouns in her bio and !!! DANGER VISUALLY DISTURBING PICTURE BELOW. MAY CAUSE PERMANENT EYE INJURY LIKE AN INDUSTRIAL LASER CAN !!! meine eye meine eyes trigger warning X2
picture below.

and take a look at what a great job she is doing with DEI/SJW marketing. Such a rich and varied interesting linkedin bio below

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/alissa-gordon-heinerscheid-a027956_bud-light-signals-new-era-in-marketing-activity-7046224142089535489-wPTW/?trk=public_profile_share_view
Urban Ag
AG
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

blacksox said:

My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.

This is an incredibly dishonest statement and you know it. I'd expect nothing less from a leftist though.
Cheap beer drinkers doing their thing, drinking their beer and minding their business.
C-suite marketing exec shoves some weirdo twink pretending to be a teenager girl in their face.
Beer drinkers say nope, not for me, not buying your beer anymore.

Leftists: you're obsessed with transgendered

Teslag
AG
Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Disclaimer for leftists: do not actually put your money where your mouth is. This is a common saying used by human beings to convey a point, as opposed to just stating the point. In conclusion the saying is only intended to cleverly tell someone to place them self at risk as opposed to asking others to place themselves at risk. This disclaimer may seem unnecessary, but tbh 10 years ago I would never have imagined that people would cut their body parts off to try and become something else...so clearly ya'll need some extra explanations.
Companies that trend on Twitter with the #GoWokeGoBroke average a 15% increase YTD.

Do you think this was a smart move by bud light? Yes or no.
Space-Tech
Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

Corporations don't make huge commitments without millions poured into market research and social trends. From adding minorities into advertising, then interracial couples the market of potential customers shows that they respond favorably to companies that support lgbt+ communities.

Like it or not companies are shifting their strategies to Millennials and Gen Z customers, Boomers and Gen X aren't as valuable anymore. They are absolutely willing to alienate a customer base that has 15-20 years of buying potential in favor of a customer base that has 30-40 years of buying potential.

Corporations are in the business of providing a ROI to its investors. It does not care about your feelings..
ArbAg
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

blacksox said:

My lord, the far right Republicans obsession with all things transgendered up a quite the spectacle.

Not as bad as the democrats obsession in pushing all things queer and trans --- now, that's really a spectacle.
milner79
cypress-ag said:

Let's see how this plays out in Kyle Field this season....lots of AB product offered. I'll be locked into Dos X from here on out. Going to look tonight and this weekend at Olsen as well. I didn't drink Bud Light because it was an awful beer but didn't mind a Stella or Negro Modelo from time to time.
There is a brand listed here that I'm honestly surprised hasn't been trampled into non-existence by the Tear Down the Statues/Dixie is a Bad Word crowd. Just saying.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

Corporations don't make huge commitments without millions poured into market research and social trends. From adding minorities into advertising, then interracial couples the market of potential customers shows that they respond favorably to companies that support lgbt+ communities.

Like it or not companies are shifting their strategies to Millennials and Gen Z customers, Boomers and Gen X aren't as valuable anymore. They are absolutely willing to alienate a customer base that has 15-20 years of buying potential in favor of a customer base that has 30-40 years of buying potential.

Corporations are in the business of providing a ROI to its investors. It does not care about your feelings..

So far they've lost 4 billion for their investors over this

But yeah, this definitely isn't a case of a company making a stupid move because they're too afraid to say no to a woke executive

I'm sure annnnyyyyy minute down them young'uns will put down their craft beer IPAs for bud light because they put a dude pretending to be a chick on the can
deddog
AG
Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

This is what you want to believe. There is plenty of evidence to the contrary. Corporations **** up all the time.

See Gillette, see Target, and See Bud Light. Again, this might not be a knock out blow to the holding company or parent company, but this is lost revenue that in most cases you can't recover back.

It's funny that the libs are now taking up for corporations. Unsurprisingly they defend bad ideas, because they are woke.
YouBet
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

But yeah, this definitely isn't a case of a company making a stupid move because they're too afraid to say no to a woke executive

In sure annnnyyyyy minute down them youn'uns will put down their craft beer IPAs for bud light because they put a dude pretending to be a chick on the can
The irony is that Bud Light is actually better than IPA.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
barbacoa taco said:

cypress-ag said:

Let's see how this plays out in Kyle Field this season....lots of AB product offered. I'll be locked into Dos X from here on out. Going to look tonight and this weekend at Olsen as well. I didn't drink Bud Light because it was an awful beer but didn't mind a Stella or Negro Modelo from time to time.
I'm sure if Kyle Field sells any AB products this season they'll promptly get a tsunami of complaints from the Rudder Association.

Look at you mocking former students for actually standing up for A&M. So bitter.
Actual Talking Thermos
EclipseAg said:

Space-Tech said:

milner79 said:

Here's your answer. Has been for years. Harry Jersig's Lone Star Beer.

Pabst owns Lone Star. Which also owns Jack Daniel's.
Jack Daniel's is owned by spirits conglomerate Brown-Forman.

The spirits industry is all-in on DEI stuff.

It's because you keep getting older but the big bar and club crowds stay like 23. The spirits companies are always fighting over that market.
aTm2004
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

It is incredibly difficult to get people to change from brands they are loyal to.

They just forced many to change from Bud Light.

And maybe those who changed will finally realize just how much it sucks and never go back.
Ag with kids
AG
blacksox said:

Yeah...the left doesn't get obsessed about much, do they...

And transgenders are actually people with real mental illness.

Kinda like the people who think that boxes of food need to take off BIPOCs to solve some kind of...issue?

Maroon Dawn
AG
YouBet said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

In sure annnnyyyyy minute down them youn'uns will put down their craft beer IPAs for bud light because they put a dude pretending to be a chick on the can

You don't enjoy your beer tasting like freshly mowed grass clippings?!
deddog
AG
Ag with kids said:

blacksox said:

Kinda like the people who think that boxes of food need to take off BIPOCs to solve some kind of...issue?

Don't forget

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/presidential-actions/2023/03/30/a-proclamation-on-transgender-day-of-visibility/
Quote:

A Proclamation on Transgender Day of Visibility

Oh and here's our President (DEMOCRAT)

But yeah, Republicans are obssessed
Space-Tech
deddog said:

Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

This is what you want to believe. There is plenty of evidence to the contrary. Corporations **** up all the time.

See Gillette, see Target, and See Bud Light. Again, this might not be a knock out blow to the holding company or parent company, but this is lost revenue that in most cases you can't recover back.

It's funny that the libs are now taking up for corporations. Unsurprisingly they defend bad ideas, because they are woke.
Gillette is up +45 since 2019 ads.

Target is up +92 since 2020. (Target's 2022 Q1 earnings call was more disastrous than any ad campaign)

Anheuser-Busch is up 0.14 today, down -1.73 on the week up overall 6.62 on the year.

#GoWokeGetRicher

BCG Disciple
AG
Ag with kids said:

blacksox said:

I can't believe they threw away 140 years of brand recognition with Aunt Jemima. Not to mention how proud the family was that it originated from a freed slave known for her pancakes. Doesn't matter because white corporate types thought it was racist. When does the copyright run on that brand?
Stat Monitor Repairman

Only way Bud Light gets out of this mess is to bring back spuds Mckenzie.
barbacoa taco
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

barbacoa taco said:

cypress-ag said:

I'm sure if Kyle Field sells any AB products this season they'll promptly get a tsunami of complaints from the Rudder Association.

Look at you mocking former students for actually standing up for A&M. So bitter.

lol

I've heard way nastier things said about liberals on here (we are former students too, you know). Figured you could handle some light hearted ridicule.
CSTXAg92
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Opalka said:

Sort of like the anti-GM thing because they got Gov't loans during the auto-bailout in 2008. No one even remembers it.
A lot of people may not. I will never buy a GM product again. Or Butt Light.
Right there with you. I grew up with a family that was 100% GM. After they accepted government subsidies, amongst us we've owned 13+ cars, trucks, and SUVs and not one of them has been GM. I also grew up a NIKE kid. The only two things I own with a swoosh are an old Aggie cap and aTm warm-up pullover. I've never liked Bud Light, but now I'll stop having it for guests on the weekend.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Space-Tech said:

deddog said:

Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

Target is up +92 since 2020. (Target's 2022 Q1 earnings call was more disastrous than any ad campaign)

Anheuser-Busch is up 0.14 today, down -1.73 on the week up overall 6.62 on the year.

#GoWokeGetRicher

Why are you ignoring that Gillette and Target dropped their woke campaigns like a bad habit and have never tried similar campaigns since?

They clearly thought it was a terrible decision.
johnnyblaze36
AG
YouBet said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

I disagree but this will make you laugh:

https://www.tiktok.com/@johncolbert29/video/7220319583914396974
BTKAG97
AG
Looks like 1000s of people discovered what less ****ty beer tastes like over the weekend.
Space-Tech
Maroon Dawn said:

Space-Tech said:

deddog said:

Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

#GoWokeGetRicher

Why are you ignoring that Gillette and Target dropped their woke campaigns like a bad habit and have never tried similar campaigns since?

Target has lgbt+ and DEI iconography all over its stores. They clearly went all in.

Gillette hasn't done anything of note lately but it's parent company Proctor & Gamble has a partnership with GLAAD.
Teslag
AG
Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

You don't believe any of this
Teslag
AG
Quote:

This is no longer true and hasn't been for a while
Showertime at the Bidens
Ag with kids
AG
BCG Disciple said:

Ag with kids said:

blacksox said:

I can't believe they threw away 140 years of brand recognition with Aunt Jemima. Not to mention how proud the family was that it originated from a freed slave known for her pancakes. Doesn't matter because white corporate types thought it was racist. When does the copyright run on that brand?
Yeah...and typical Democrats with Land o Lakes...

Got rid of the Indian but kept the land...
nai06
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Space-Tech said:

deddog said:

Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

#GoWokeGetRicher

Clearly you haven't shopped in a target in awhile. They have an entire Pride collection complete with gender neutral sizing. They also feature clothing collections at the front of the store with patterns that can be worn regardless of age or gender.

Then there's the specific focus during Black History Month and the year round promotion by diverse designers in all of their departments.

I can't say much for Gillette though so I guess you can they have dropped that part publicly for now.
Fat Black Swan
AG
Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Space-Tech said:

Yes.

From everything I've seen, the Dylan Mulvaney ad campaign was not a hit with South Texas Mexicans. Quite the opposite. You'd probably call the response from that demographic transphobic.

I doubt it was very popular among black dudes either. Just based on trans hate crime statistics.
Signel
AG
For me it is more about the message that Marketing wank lady had to say. If they wanted to pay a crossdresser as one of their people, no problemo. If they wanted to talk **** about their base customer and then expect no repercussions, well, welcome to reality dip*****.
maroonthrunthru
Mr. Misogynist here…

It's ALWAYS women that eff things up… Amirite ???
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.