Bud Light sales suffered over the weekend

446,257 Views | 3744 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiedata
maroonthrunthru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When did she quit makin' sammiches ??
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Pluralizes Everythings said:

Space-Tech said:

Stock Market says otherwise.

Purchase some options or shares, and put your money where your mouth is?

Disclaimer for leftists: do not actually put your money where your mouth is. This is a common saying used by human beings to convey a point, as opposed to just stating the point. In conclusion the saying is only intended to cleverly tell someone to place them self at risk as opposed to asking others to place themselves at risk. This disclaimer may seem unnecessary, but tbh 10 years ago I would never have imagined that people would cut their body parts off to try and become something else...so clearly ya'll need some extra explanations.
Companies that trend on Twitter with the #GoWokeGoBroke average a 15% increase YTD.

Do you think this was a smart move by bud light? Yes or no.
Yes.

Corporations don't make huge commitments without millions poured into market research and social trends. From adding minorities into advertising, then interracial couples the market of potential customers shows that they respond favorably to companies that support lgbt+ communities.

Like it or not companies are shifting their strategies to Millennials and Gen Z customers, Boomers and Gen X aren't as valuable anymore. They are absolutely willing to alienate a customer base that has 15-20 years of buying potential in favor of a customer base that has 30-40 years of buying potential.

Corporations are in the business of providing a ROI to its investors. It does not care about your feelings..

Women don't drink bud light. Feminine men don't either. This won't change that.
TRADUCTOR
Bud light says otherwise about what feminine men drink. Course this was already known. Bwaaah.
Buzzy
CSTXAg92 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.
The female CMO that approved the campaign said Budweiser had been in decline for years. She said its brand was too Fratty.

Guess what... she just ended the Frat-Daddy brand.

Would love to know who she is. Any links?
Wild West Pimp Style
aggie93
AG
Bud Light is kind of my once in a blue moon water beer meaning I am out doing something where I'm drinking all day but I want something that's not heavy. No more. Really more of a Red Stripe guy and they are owned by Heineken so I'm safe.

Love to see any company go woke and pay the price. My wife and I avoid Target like the plague, it's overpriced crap anyway.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
AgLiving06
Zarathustra said:

This is the key. Make it very costly for businesses to promote this crap, and they will back away. Then we can move on to target other businesses.
Ag_of_08
AG
Cancel culture at work again, this time over beer.
one safe place
Ag_of_08 said:

Not over beer at all. But surely you know that? Not even a nice try at goaltending, it got past you.
C@LAg
Ag_of_08 said:

let us know when your side de-escalates using this as a widespread political tactic and we can talk.,

you guys started it.

you guys weaponized it.

you guys perfected it.

but it is not surprising how and when you go full concerned.

Bobaloo
I probably logged 10k miles in Nike running shoes until the Betsy Ross issue. My Dad was a loyal Bud regular drinker until his passing. I used to mix in one Bud every Saturday as a tribute. Don't think I can pull the trigger again.
Mas89
AG
AB stock hit a new 52 week high this week. So the bud light marketing problem must not be too big.
Maybe it will on the next earnings report? Huge company but I have no idea what percent of sales bud light accounts for. Will be an excellent marketing class study for years to come.
agent-maroon
AG
AgLiving06 said:

Zarathustra said:

This is the key. Make it very costly for businesses to promote this crap, and they will back away. Then we can move on to target other businesses.
$4 billion? Whoa... Clicked on the tweet but no explanation of that number was found. I'm good with all the pain that they receive over this, but is really that much money?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nai06
AG
aggie93 said:

Bud Light is kind of my once in a blue moon water beer meaning I am out doing something where I'm drinking all day but I want something that's not heavy. No more. Really more of a Red Stripe guy and they are owned by Heineken so I'm safe.

Love to see any company go woke and pay the price. My wife and I avoid Target like the plague, it's overpriced crap anyway.
you might want to check again on heineken.

APHIS AG
DallasAg 94 said:

powerbelly said:

Amazing how companies are willing to erode share-holder value in order to virtue signal. Executives should be removed for failure to uphold fiduciary duty.
The female CMO that approved the campaign said Budweiser had been in decline for years. She said its brand was too Fratty.

Guess what... she just ended the Frat-Daddy brand.

Other brand name misfire disasters, New Coke. But this time, the misfire is trying to get rid of the "old guard" and bring in the new one. The problem is, the "new guard" does not exist.
ttu_85
Space-Tech said:

Teslag said:

Space-Tech said:

Pluralizes Everythings said:

Space-Tech said:

Stock Market says otherwise.

Purchase some options or shares, and put your money where your mouth is?

Disclaimer for leftists: do not actually put your money where your mouth is. This is a common saying used by human beings to convey a point, as opposed to just stating the point. In conclusion the saying is only intended to cleverly tell someone to place them self at risk as opposed to asking others to place themselves at risk. This disclaimer may seem unnecessary, but tbh 10 years ago I would never have imagined that people would cut their body parts off to try and become something else...so clearly ya'll need some extra explanations.
Companies that trend on Twitter with the #GoWokeGoBroke average a 15% increase YTD.

Do you think this was a smart move by bud light? Yes or no.
Yes.

Corporations don't make huge commitments without millions poured into market research and social trends. From adding minorities into advertising, then interracial couples the market of potential customers shows that they respond favorably to companies that support lgbt+ communities.

Like it or not companies are shifting their strategies to Millennials and Gen Z customers, Boomers and Gen X aren't as valuable anymore. They are absolutely willing to alienate a customer base that has 15-20 years of buying potential in favor of a customer base that has 30-40 years of buying potential.

Corporations are in the business of providing a ROI to its investors. It does not care about your feelings..
Wow you are on a roll. Do you call this stunt, I mean marketing disaster enhancing ROI given their product and their primary historical customer. And you are totally wrong about this segment being viable for AB's existing product. They should have come up with something new and worthy of your proposed target market, maybe goat piss?

Fat Black Swan
AG
CDUB98
AG
Fat Black Swan said:

White male. He and his family are acceptable sacrifices to the alter of progressivism.
Showertime at the Bidens
C@LAg said:

Ag_of_08 said:

let us know when your side de-escalates using this as a widespread political tactic and we can talk.,

you guys started it.

you guys weaponized it.

you guys perfected it.

This isn't cancel culture. This is just a good old fashioned boycott.

Cancel culture, as perfected by the left, would be not only would we not drink Bud Light, but we would demand that everyone else stop drinking Bud Light. And then we would demand that no retailer stock Bud Light. We would demand that hedge funds divest from AB. Sporting events wouldn't be allowed to be sponsored by Bud Light. Internet hosting companies wouldn't be allowed to have the budlight website on their servers. Banks would close their account. The AB Facebook page would be taken down. The Twitter account of AB would be banned.

I could get going but you get the point.

Teslag
AG
Fat Black Swan said:

Goalie nai needs to set that guy straight
BCG Disciple
AG
agent-maroon said:

AgLiving06 said:

Zarathustra said:

$4 billion? Whoa... Clicked on the tweet but no explanation of that number was found. I'm good with all the pain that they receive over this, but is really that much money?

tFast
AG
powerbelly said:

It's a true sign of zealotry. Financial success means less to them than evangelizing their message.
Aggieangler93
AG
Please tell me Dos XX is still safe? I can't stand Corona. Would have to give up beer.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Al Bula
AG
This was all coordinated by the government, media and AB top brass.
Ag_of_08
AG
C@LAg said:

Ag_of_08 said:

you guys started it.

you guys weaponized it.

you guys perfected it.

You continue to falsely call me a liberal, and miss the point of things I say.

This is cancel culture, with a different segment of culture perpetuating it. The movement has its modern roots in the 50s purity culture, and has been bounced back and forth in a pendulum effect since.

I didn't even call it a bad thing, nor support AB for making the silly can, that was purely an assumption on several posters parts in their rush to put me on a "team". Simply enjoying the irony of one of the ultimate mechanisms of short circuiting socially unpopular people and things being used again, with the same stylized arguments.

The rush to attack me for something I'm not is predictable, if not old...
C@LAg
Ag_of_08 said:

C@LAg said:

Ag_of_08 said:

you guys started it.

you guys weaponized it.

you guys perfected it.

You continue to falsely call me a liberal, and miss the point of things I say.

This is cancel culture, with a different segment of culture perpetuating it. The movement has its modern roots in the 50s purity culture, and has been bounced back and forth in a pendulum effect since.

I didn't even call it a bad thing, nor support AB for making the silly can, that was purely an assumption on several posters parts in their rush to put me on a "team". Simply enjoying the irony of one of the ultimate mechanisms of short circuiting socially unpopular people and things being used again, with the same stylized arguments.

The rush to attack me for something I'm not is predictable, if not old...
as as already been stated, this is a boycott. not cancel culture.
techno-ag
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Ag87H2O said:

Get woke, go broke. Never fails.

Meh, it actually always fails…what woke company has actually gone broke? This only works if people boycott it long term, not just a couple of weeks.
When Smith and Wesson capitulated to the Clinton Administration and put locks on their guns, people stopped buying them. The British conglomerate who owned them at the time eventually sold for a loss I think. S&W still exists, yes. But ownership changed.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
YouBet
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Please tell me Dos XX is still safe? I can't stand Corona. Would have to give up beer.

All Pilsners are piss. You should try a stout or a porter.
Nanomachines son

Shoefly!
AG
Urban Ag said:

93MarineHorn said:

Yeah, I don't understand this move by AB. It's not like with NIKE where they could count on Leftists making up whatever they lost from conservatives angered by the lecture from Kaepernick. Both left & right need athletic gear. But light beer is very different. Libs that are aware of the AB pro trans campaign aren't going to switch to crappy Bud Lite out of solidarity. That's a bridge too far.
But, but, back when the Dixie Chicks trashed W on the world stage and country music fans voiced their displeasure, liberals everywhere started buying their albums like crazy and quickly came to love their energetic, feminist, yet folksy style!

/For about a month then their careers completely tanked

The little short blond one wiith the big mouth didn't care, her daddy's a billionaire. Natalie Mainge
XXXVII
I don't usually drink beer when there are other options like a good cocktail or high end whiskey/bourbon/rum/etc. The last beer I drank was a Karbach, and I used to really like it. What's a good alternative?
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
Ag_of_08
AG
Cancel culture is boycotts at its roots along with social shaming.
BenFiasco14
AG
Wood.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
EX TEXASEX
Maybe for a week or two the left might support it. However, I think this situation is different. The left will go back to their old ways soon enough and conservatives will not touch Bud Light like it was filled with Ebola. I would rather have a pack of rabid pit bulls chew off my nads then buy Gillette razors still to this day. I think Bud Light is having their " Gillette moment " and they are going to suffer for a long time. Which is a beautiful thing.
Cyprian
AG
Looks like they (AB) might be following the Late Night TV model of disenfranchisement. Go woke and you end up losing half your audience, but you get woke points every day!

They are true ideological activists first, business comes in a far away second place.
deddog
AG
Nanomachines son said:

I believe this is what some folks call good marketing strategy
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 107

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.