Russia/Ukraine from Another Perspective (Relaunch Part Deux)

471,194 Views | 9095 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by nortex97
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good, if true. I've read many conflicting reports though.

Good discussion of the now-required total surrender as Kiev lacks legitimacy to execute any truce/end of war.

Zelensky now a 'legitimate military target' himself.
Teslag
AG
There was never a time when Russia didn't want all of Ukraine. That's the point of a land grab.
FJB24
What a mess.

So much for the 'sanctions are working and Russia is running out of artillery/rockets' narrative.
Psycho Bunny
FJB24 said:

What a mess.

So much for the 'sanctions are working and Russia is running out of artillery/rockets' narrative.
Russia is resupplying themselves from Iran and China and I bet at a cheaper rate
I want to see chaos in America. My vote will be for Harris.
Teslag
AG
It is rather ironic that Russia whines and cries about Ukraine hitting them with NATO weapons and then hits Ukrainian residential areas with Chinese and Iranian weapons.
nortex97
AG

"Yes, that's the real world guys, c'mon."

Sitrep:

Sumy soon?

PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Teslag said:

It is rather ironic that Russia whines and cries about Ukraine hitting them with NATO weapons and then hits Ukrainian residential areas with Chinese and Iranian weapons.

That isn't ironic, its sad. Ukrainian use of civilian infrastructure for military purposes is well documented.
Teslag
AG
You are still blocked
backintexas2013
AG
Wait this war isn't over? The warhawks swore Russia would be defeated and Russia would have to pay to rebuild Ukraine. Seems goalposts have been moved. Fantastic.
Teslag
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Wait this war isn't over? The warhawks swore Russia would be defeated and Russia would have to pay to rebuild Ukraine. Seems goalposts have been moved. Fantastic.

It's a stalemate. Same as it's been for the part two years now.
backintexas2013
AG
So when will Ukraine win and Russia pat for rebuilding? That's what the warkawks said would happen.
J. Walter Weatherman
backintexas2013 said:

So when will Ukraine win and Russia pat for rebuilding? That's what the warkawks said would happen.

Maybe you should ask the people who said that would happen? Not sure anyone on here was that confident in an outright Ukraine win.
Teslag
AG
backintexas2013 said:

Ukraine wins every day they continue to exist
GAC06
AG
Last I heard, Russia's frozen assets will be funding Ukraine shortly. Not sure that answers the made up claim you posted.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

backintexas2013 said:

Maybe you should ask the people who said that would happen? Not sure anyone on here was that confident in an outright Ukraine win.

I predicted this reponse very early on. IIRC I said Uke would "lower the bar and declare victory"

Of note, when folks 1st started calling for negotiations Ukraine was larger than it is now. But Uke supporters in our government will never admit to their mismanagement. Why would they?
nortex97
AG
GAC06 said:

Last I heard, Russia's frozen assets will be funding Ukraine shortly. Not sure that answers the made up claim you posted.
This is a significant misperception. Profits from assets held by some countries from Russian assets will be used to fund Ukrainian projects. This is not the same as the assets themselves being sold/liquidated/transferred to said projects. The Russians are also confiscating, in kind, other assets. It's more of a zero sum game, imho, but a dangerous precedent to set in international relations/trade, by all accounts.

The real questions remain; what narratives are being peddled, why, and who is buying them?

Teslag
AG
I like how the same Twitter accounts tell us one day that attacking Russian oil refineries is a red line that will lead to nuclear war and then tell us later it doesn't matter and will actually make Russian stronger.
Stat Monitor Repairman
nortex97 said:

nortex97
AG
Speaking of the Biden crime familia and Ukraine…

All of this Ukraine proxy war stuff ties back into the family's interests/corruption/treason. And with sponsor Biden himself facing a likely defeat in November, Kiev is actively scaling back 'peace formula' demands.

Meanwhile, the next/newest front develops:

GAC06
AG
nortex97 said:

GAC06 said:

This is a significant misperception. Profits from assets held by some countries from Russian assets will be used to fund Ukrainian projects. This is not the same as the assets themselves being sold/liquidated/transferred to said projects. The Russians are also confiscating, in kind, other assets. It's more of a zero sum game, imho, but a dangerous precedent to set in international relations/trade, by all accounts.

The real questions remain; what narratives are being peddled, why, and who is buying them?

I didn't say all of Russia's frozen assets were going to Ukraine, did I? Thanks for the anime guy's tweet though, I'm sure it was interesting to those who read it.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

Hunter Biden was advancing a CIA project in Ukraine to swing the natural gas market towards NATO & that's why he's untouchable.
Makes a lot of sense.

What would anybody do if their dad was president and somehow became untouchable?

Probably go hog ass wild would be my guess.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
GAC06 said:

nortex97 said:

GAC06 said:

I didn't say all of Russia's frozen assets were going to Ukraine, did I? Thanks for the anime guy's tweet though, I'm sure it was interesting to those who read it.

The post in question:

"Russia's frozen assets will be funding Ukraine shortly"
GAC06
AG
I'm not sure what you're confused about, so I can only guess what's tripping you up.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/econographics/understanding-the-plan-to-create-a-50-billion-ukraine-bond/

Does that clear it up for you?
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
GAC06 said:

I'm not sure what you're confused about, so I can only guess what's tripping you up.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/econographics/understanding-the-plan-to-create-a-50-billion-ukraine-bond/

Does that clear it up for you?

I was quoting you. Why did you just link a refutation of your own claim?
GAC06
AG
My claim, at least what I think you're referring to, was " Last I heard, Russia's frozen assets will be funding Ukraine shortly."

How about you explain how you think the link directly refuted that.
OPAG
AG
Quote:

This is a delusional statement, along the lines of the vax is effective and safe!
nortex97
AG
French report on the Donbas reflects the enmity with which many hold Zelensky;

More bribery/corruption arrests;

Sitrep including the 'genesis of Russophobia' has a lot of good details, though I don't subscribe to a lot of his jewish historical analyses. Relative to this conflict, much of the Ukrainian jewish population has fled the highly anti-Semitic regime since 2014, down to something like 20,000 now I think I read.

A skeptic has an unlocked sitrep out too. It does sound like Sumy is going to be a more focused push than Kharkiv itself:

Teslag
AG
OPAG said:

Quote:

This is a delusional statement, along the lines of the vax is effective and safe!

The lines have barely moved in either direction in two years. What would you call that?
Teslag
AG
Quote:

Ukrainian jewish population has fled the highly anti-Semitic regime since 2014

With a Jewish president.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
OPAG said:

Quote:

Not a coincidence the same folks fall for both.
OPAG
AG
Russia is in absolutely no hurry at all. They are executing their game plan. They are in no hurry to end this. They have no need to be in a hurry, none at all.
OPAG
AG
Teslag said:

Quote:

Ukrainian jewish population has fled the highly anti-Semitic regime since 2014

With a Jewish president.
Yea, like George Soros. he's a Jew too! LOL
Teslag
AG
OPAG said:

Russia is in absolutely no hurry at all. They are executing their game plan. They are in no hurry to end this. They have no need to be in a hurry, none at all.

Their game plan was to send their best officers, troops, and equipment into Ukraine in February of 2022, push to the doorstep of Kiev, then lose them all, lose 60% of those gains, and then spend the next 18 months taking virtually nothing while losing even more equipment to the point they have to beg North Korea for weapons, while the west sends more and more lethal aid to Ukraine?

Or are we still pretending this is 1943 and Russia can win by throwing bodies and rifles at the problem?

And now their latest "offensive" has completely stalled in another pathetic attempt to do something.

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-russia-isw-maps-offensive-falter-1902961
nortex97
AG
OPAG said:

Correct. And imagine fleeing from one Biden war disaster (in Ukraine) only to be caught up in another. Thx for joining the thread.

German plan to ship more Patriots to Kiev facing resistance.

More (aljazeera):
Quote:

Putin signs decree allowing use of US property in Russia as compensation

Putin has signed a decree allowing the use of US property in Russia as compensation for damages caused by the seizure of Russian property in the United States.

The decree containing the corresponding provision was published on the government portal, which instructed the country's government to establish a special procedure for compensating the damage caused to Russia and its central bank by the US government or judicial decisions.
Pandora's box, opened.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Ukraine can't win unless you change the definition of victory to some abstract concept.

I don't see Russia stopping until Z and the gang are deposed.

& btw, Russia isn't begging NK for ***** They're out producing the west 3:1 last I checked
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 260

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.