***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,594,374 Views | 47835 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Rossticus
DCPD158
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

Lol. Wow. How can you not love these guys?

Their Twitter level is Elite
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
aezmvp
DCPD158 said:

Rossticus said:

Lol. Wow. How can you not love these guys?

Their Twitter level is Elite
Yeah it's beefy. The stuff you don't see targeted directly at Russian families with the captured soldiers calling home and stuff is top notch too.
p_bubel
Holy hell.
Ag In Ok
AG
Hold up - werent some of those cartoon images from the US Army's psy ops unit? Ghosts in the machine?
CondensedFogAggie

Just another day for a Ukraine chopper pilot.

CondensedFogAggie
CondensedFogAggie

Smart.
CondensedFogAggie

Godspeed everyone.

James Light
Its hard to tell whats going on in that vid
JFABNRGR
AG
GAC06 said:

I'm sure they have destroyed plenty of artillery but I'm guessing the strikes against ammo dumps is the main factor. Plus I'd guess the Russians are running into issues of wearing their tubes out just like the Ukrainians
Its a combination of tactics/Assetts/etc. There have been several reports about electronic jamming by the Ukes, theres also knowing where to go, and to speed through the arty, making it difficult to coordinate accurate fires.

Good chance given above along with issues all over the orcs are not layered in artillery depth.

Also when your getting shot at and chased and its time to Di Di Mau, who is hooking up the towed guns?

The vid two posts up is likely a great example of being under the minimum effective range.

Ulysses should comment on this topic as well.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
fullback44
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

Godspeed everyone.

Seems they are not too worried about artillery fire since the Ukrainians whipped it out ahead of time per reports.. makes it much easier to advance
CondensedFogAggie

Ukraine's New Offensive Is Fueled by Captured Russian Weapons

Quote:

KUPYANSK, UkraineCaptured and abandoned Russian tanks, howitzers and fighting vehiclesquickly scrubbed of their Z tactical markers and repainted with Ukrainian crossesare being turned against their former owners as Ukraine's military advances in the eastern part of the country.
Some Russian pieces of equipment were ready for immediate use, while others are being repaired to return to the front. Tanks, vehicles and guns too damaged to salvage are being cannibalized for spare parts. Crucially, Russia has also left behind large quantities of Soviet-standard artillery shells that had nearly run out in Ukraine.

One Ukrainian battalion, the Carpathian Sich, seized 10 modern T-80 tanks and five 2S5 Giatsint 152-mm self-propelled howitzers after it entered the town of Izyum last month, said its deputy chief of staff, Ruslan Andriyko.

"We've got so many trophies that we don't even know what to do with them," he said. "We started off as an infantry battalion, and now we are sort of becoming a mechanized battalion."

The chief of staff of a Ukrainian artillery battalion on the Kharkiv front said his unit now operates four recently captured Russian 2S19 Msta 152-mm self-propelled howitzers, alongside American-made guns, and now has abundant Soviet-caliber ammunition.

"The Russians no longer have a firepower advantage. We smashed up all their artillery units before launching the offensive, and then we started to move ahead so fast that they didn't even have time to fuel up and load their tanks," said the officer. "They just fled and left everything behind."
While Ukrainian units often keep smaller captured weapons and ammunition, big-ticket items such as tanks and artillery are usually redistributed through the military's logistics command, said Oleksiy Danilov, head of the country's National Security and Defense Council. "But, even then, they usually stay in the same area, which is only fair," he added.

Carpathian Sich, for example, transferred to other parts of the military captured howitzers and kept tanks for which it could find crews. The battalion commander said these tanks have now been formally allocated to the unit and are regularly supplied by the military's logistics with ammunition and fuel, and serviced by visiting crews from Ukrainian tank plants. Ukraine was a major tank manufacturer and exporter before the war.

"Gaining the trophies gives us a sense of pride and raises everyone's combat spirits," said the commander, who used a captured Russian assault rifle in a recent battle during which the battalion seized a village in the Donetsk region.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraines-new-offensive-is-fueled-by-captured-russian-weapons-11664965264
CondensedFogAggie

I think everyone is A-OK with that.

Every drone counts.
CondensedFogAggie
Rossticus said:

JFABNRGR
AG
Are we not good enough?

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
CondensedFogAggie
James Light said:

Its hard to tell whats going on in that vid

Let me summarize with an illustration.

James Light
Thats funny but didnt Russia recently annex all the territory they went for? Like 2 days ago?
Fitch
AG
It's crazy to observe the way advancements in tech have influenced this conflict.

Starlink was and has remained a game changer. Frankly it probably kept Ukraine from losing this in the first 90 days.

Soldiers live-casting and tik-toking from the field showing live combat, siege conditions, war crimes and mass graves, and puppies being adopted by units.

Social media psy ops making its mark and conceivably influencing individual decision making and connecting state-level officials to average citizens worldwide (ref: Zelenskyy).

AI tracking of combatant populations and creating a palette of operational attack plans.

And of course the obvious differences in investment in armament and personnel equipment and how it affects attack strategies and day / night timing.
Who?mikejones!
James Light said:

Thats funny but didnt Russia recently annex all the territory they went for? Like 2 days ago?

That 98% vote was totally legit. Totally.

Ambres
AG
James Light said:

I think they declare it the same way that Michael Scott declared bankruptcy.
chickencoupe16
AG
James Light said:

Sure thing, Vlad
p_bubel
Agthatbuilds said:

James Light said:

It's a vapid troll that's been bleeding over many threads. Just ignore it.
James Light
Agthatbuilds said:

James Light said:

The annexed territories are ethnically Russian. They speak Russian. They are Orthodox Christian. They have been getting bombed by Kiev since 2014. Yeah I believe 98 percent voted for Russia reunification
Who?mikejones!
Believe away.
James Light
I dont really "believe it". I see it with my own eye

Who?mikejones!
Is that the border now?
Johnny Park!
James Light said:

I dont really "believe it". I see it with my own eye

Great insight, one-eyed bishop
Rossticus
James Light said:

I just annexed the rest of the houses on my street. It's legit because I say so. Also, I peed in their bushes. They're mine. They have to move out now. They voted to leave. I have their votes in my pocket. They say they didn't vote but they did.
Teslag
AG
James Light said:

Agthatbuilds said:

James Light said:

The annexed territories are ethnically Russian. They speak Russian. They are Orthodox Christian. They have been getting bombed by Kiev since 2014. Yeah I believe 98 percent voted for Russia reunification

And they'll be firmly under Ukrainian control soon
Who?mikejones!
I was wondering what that smell was
James Light
Rossticus said:

James Light said:

I just annexed the rest of the houses on my street. It's legit because I say so. Also, I peed in their bushes. They're mine. They have to move out now. They voted to leave. I have their votes in my pocket. They say they didn't vote but they did.
Well did you have the homeowners agree to it and shake hands with you??
Robert C. Christian
AG
Hmmm James Light joins TexAgs about 4 hours ago, gets a paid account, and only posts on Russia and Ukraine related threads.

Seems legit.
Malibu
James Light, good night sweet prince
Teslag
AG
James Light said:

Rossticus said:

James Light said:

Yes. After I installed my best friends as the homeowners
Rossticus
James Light said:

Rossticus said:

James Light said:

Totally. They can't prove they didn't.
First Page Last Page
Page 815 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.