***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,594,437 Views | 47835 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Rossticus
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ABATTBQ11
AG
This cannot end well...
Ag In Ok
AG
So from what i saw a reinforcement platoon is fully manned but only enough weaponry for a squad or so?
Rossticus
ABATTBQ11 said:

This cannot end well...

FriscoKid
AG

Like a school bus running people to the front. That's crazy.
betadawg1
AG
Speed, surprise, and violence of action.
Rossticus
Interesting potential development…

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1577753851544977411.html

Rossticus
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1577554011313537024.html
AGS-R-TUFF
AG
So I had a thought, but not sure how this might be done…

The widespread destruction in Ukraine will take years and billions to rebuild. And given the current scorching battlefield success, it's not unreasonable to think thousands, maybe tens of thousands of Ruskies will choose life over death and surrender en masse.

Could the Ukes create an incentivized plan to put these Orcs to work on the reconstruction/clean up activities? Promise them three hots and a cot, plus the option of being released back to mother Russia (with a little pocket money) after completing certain objectives. I would think, if done right, there's many who would seize the chance to rebuild rather than destroy and live in some semblance of safety.

Russia is swirling the toilet. Why not unleash a cheap labor force to begin the cleanup now in certain parts of Ukraine?
Rossticus

Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG
Rossticus said:

How exactly would they smash that much artllery?
Rossticus
VERY interesting the impact that our tech and Intel is having.

Rossticus
Waffledynamics
AG
I didn't see this posted yet. SIAP.

Quote:

Putin ordered to put Zaporizhzhia NPP under Russian control
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/5-october-putin-ordered-to-put-zaporizhzhia-npp-under-russian

Quote:

IAEA's Grossi: It is more urgent than ever to establish a security protection zone around the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/5-october-iaeas-grossi-it-is-more-urgent-than-ever-to-establish

Quote:

Director General of the IAEA: We will leave for Kyiv to attend important meetings
https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/5-october-director-general-of-the-iaea-we-will-leave-for
Rossticus
Counter-battery?
Rossticus
TheGroupGuy
aggiehawg
AG
Might have saved his life. Maggots would debride gangrenous material, no?

He'll likely still lose his arm below his elbow because that forearm and hand look really bad for indications of gangrene. Club for a hand.

ETA: Upon second look, his arm is gone. Upper arm is very damaged as well. To save his life, take the entire arm and still pray.
GAC06
AG
I'm sure they have destroyed plenty of artillery but I'm guessing the strikes against ammo dumps is the main factor. Plus I'd guess the Russians are running into issues of wearing their tubes out just like the Ukrainians
ATX_AG_08
AG
Rossticus said:

That is disturbing. I'll add it to the list of things I've seen in this war I never expected this day and age.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
aggiehawg
AG
I wondered about a ethnic genocide before. Putin is all about "the Rus" as an unique ethnic race. "Mixing Bowl" means they'll keep you separate enough to use you until they decide the final solution is war. Kill the males. Stop the population growth, in its tracks.

But that seems a fallback position for Putin. He thought his troops were up to the task.

Now? If a full on Purge is what is left, then it is a Purge.
Rossticus
Domestic dynamics are certainly starting to get much more complicated/chaotic for Putin.
javajaws
AG
TheGroupGuy said:

That's pretty much the exact plan I had suggested a page or two ago in this thread.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Rossticus
Rossticus
txags92
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Rossticus said:

How exactly would they smash that much artllery?
Counter battery radar and computerized fire control, MLRS, and drones.
agent-maroon
AG
aggiehawg said:

Might have saved his life. Maggots would debride gangrenous material, no?

He'll likely still lose his arm below his elbow because that forearm and hand look really bad for indications of gangrene. Club for a hand.

ETA: Upon second look, his arm is gone. Upper arm is very damaged as well. To save his life, take the entire arm and still pray.
Believe it or not - and as repulsive as those maggots are to look at - his arm didn't look to be unsalvageable from what I could see. The hand had some dark areas but that looked more like bruising than it did gangrene. Gangrene has a distinctive blackish green color to it on the leading edge and a burnt black coloration distal to the progressing gangrene. The maggots will only eat dead flesh and can actually do a pretty good job of cleaning up a wound.

When I was an intern our team took care of a diabetic homeless guy with a previous middle toe amputation that came in with his foot wrapped in newspaper that was full of maggots between and in all around his remaining toes. My first thought was to go ahead and proceed with an amputation, but the experienced and much wiser attending told us to get a bleach irrigator and clean it up before we did anything else. We did and when the maggots were gone it revealed a cleanly debrided wound that looked pretty healthy. Put the guy on some IV antibiotics and he was discharged a couple of days later. Also saw a couple of gangrenous feet come in and once you've seen one then you can generally recognize them pretty quickly.

But that's just an assessment from an internet video. I could be wrong.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
docb
AG
I think I agree with you after looking at that again. Better get some iv antibiotics pumping in fairly quick though. Kind of feel bad for some of those guys. I'm sure they're not all heathens and quite a few we're just forced to be there. Who knows.
Rossticus
Lol. Wow. How can you not love these guys?

First Page Last Page
Page 814 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.