***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,614,572 Views | 47853 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by 74OA
RebelE Infantry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

So Mariupol isn't lost just yet.

I think for all intents and purposes it is. Seems the defenders have decided to fight it out to the last man. Commendable no doubt, but not in any way likely to change the final outcome.
MeatDr
AG
Not a Bot
AG
MeatDr said:

Seems like sanctioning the military apparatus would've been Step 1, not Step 37.
Not a Bot
AG
Some things to keep in mind when Russia says they are doing something.

Rossticus
One thing I think we may not necessarily be considering when discussing Russian personnel losses is the "missing" column, which isn't going to necessarily be tallied and reported on at this point.

Go and look at casualty numbers from previous "conventional" conflicts (pre-sandbox wars). In many cases, for a division, you may have total combat/no -combat casualties of, say, 300-400 dead and 1,800 wounded BUT the final number of guys who were reported as "missing" (desertion plus pink mist/no pieces left that are big enough to gather up) are in some cases 50%+ the number of reported wounded.

Just a thought. Feedback welcomed.
MeatDr
AG
No Spin Ag
Rossticus said:

Long thread but good.

Unroll for non-Tweeters: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1508576678552825856.html

Long, but very good read.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
ABATTBQ11
AG
And there's this from his Wikipedia page, complete with citations:

Quote:

Ritter was arrested again in November 2009 over communications with a police decoy he met on an Internet chat site. Police said that he exposed himself, via a web camera, after the officer repeatedly identified himself as a 15-year-old girl. Ritter said in his own testimony during the trial that he believed the other party was an adult acting out her fantasy. The next month, Ritter waived his right to a preliminary hearing and was released on a $25,000 unsecured bail. Charges included "unlawful contact with a minor, criminal use of a communications facility, corruption of minors, indecent exposure, possessing instruments of crime, criminal attempt and criminal solicitation".Ritter rejected a plea bargain and was found guilty of all but the criminal attempt count in a Monroe County, Pennsylvania courtroom on April 14, 2011. In October 2011, he received a sentence of 1 to 5 years in prison. He was sent to Laurel Highlands state prison in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in March 2012 and paroled in September 2014.

No wonder he's so salty.
JFABNRGR
AG
Rossticus said:

Long thread but good.

Unroll for non-Tweeters: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1508576678552825856.html
That is a great read.

The west needs to do every thing in its power to ensure UKR pushes russia out completely. What happens after "we don't know what we don't know"!

One of the pull outs looks remarkably like what many of our leaders want here!

Russian elite doesn't want Russians to be rich. They view poverty as a competitive advantage. If they're poor, we can keep wages low, decreasing cost of production. If they are poor, they can't buy expensive foreign goods worsening our trade balance. Finally, poor won't emigrate
74OA
AG
Today's SITREP.
74OA
AG
Rossticus said:

MORE
MeatDr
AG
MeatDr said:

So pretty... Speculation is that it was probably caused by mishandling, but of course there are rumors of a Ukrainian missile strike as well.
Rossticus
Bang, bang, bang, bang. Vamanos, vamanos.
MeatDr
AG
Rossticus

sclaff
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
You love to see it
74OA
AG
sclaff said:

That's my bet, too. There's no reason to believe that Russian support troops are any more competent than its bumbling fighting force.
SupaManu
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

You love to see it
Well most of us do...
fullback44
AG
sclaff said:

Belegrod is not far from the Ukraine border, the Ukraine rockets could easily hit something that close, I wouldnt count out an air strike of some sort
Rossticus
Another very good thread. Also long.

Roll up for non-Tweeters:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1508554102933970946.html

Rossticus
Rossticus
Additional confirmation that intel appears to jive with conventional wisdom.

sharpdressedman
RebelE Infantry said:

GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

I think for all intents and purposes it is. Seems the defenders have decided to fight it out to the last man. Commendable no doubt, but not in any way likely to change the final outcome.
The "martyrs of Mariupol" will become paragons of heroism in Ukrainian and free-world history if it comes to that.
Rossticus
Geremeev needs to meet The Reaper.

Rossticus
Rossticus
FriscoKid
AG
sharpdressedman said:

RebelE Infantry said:

GarryowenAg said:

Rossticus said:

The "martyrs of Mariupol" will become paragons of heroism in Ukrainian and free-world history if it comes to that.
Yep, that's like saying the Alamo had no bearing on the Texas war with Mexico.
MeatDr
AG
Regarding Belgorod explosion.
MeatDr
AG

Missile strike caused Russian soldier to **** his pants and drop old ammunition setting the whole thing off?
Robk
wangus12
AG
Rossticus said:

Interesting. That is old footage from a week or two ago. I remember seeing it somewhere on this thread.

Not a Bot
AG
Rossticus said:

Geremeev needs to meet The Reaper.

Who is this guy?
Rossticus
Thanks. I try to keep up but it's easy to miss things on here.
CondensedFogAggie
https://instagr.am/p/Cbsf9ceJBzR
Quote:

"Any aircraft gives me huge anxiety. A jet flew over us and shot rockets into the trees where our vehicle was. It happened so quickly that we didn't know what was going on or happening.

Luckily, no one was near the vehicle when the explosions hit. The vehicle (van) was destroyed and one person was wounded with a splinter from a tree, but everything was okay.

I still am not liking the feeling of being hunted by jets. It's much like a mouse being hunted by an owl. We run and get under something or try to not be seen. I haven't seen any in some time, but at the start they were everywhere."

- Ukrainian Soldier. Invasion of Ukraine. March 17th, 2022.
First Page Last Page
Page 410 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.