***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,550,628 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
WolfCall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any comments on vacuum bombs from our military weapons experts?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1573446/ukraine-invasion-ambassador-kyiv-russia-vladimir-putin-vacuum-bomb-geneva-convention-ont
Quote:

Ambassador claims Russia used deadly vacuum bomb in Ukraine attack

A UKRAINIAN AMBASSADOR has claimed Russia used a deadly vacuum bomb during its invasion efforts on Monday.
By JACK WALTERS 00:00, Tue, Mar 1, 2022 | UPDATED: 00:10, Tue, Mar 1, 2022
ChemAg15
AG
I guess Ukraine doesn't have drones or missiles they can use the blow up said convoy? It really seems like it would be a sitting duck for something to hit it.
RONA Ag
AG
ChemAg15 said:

I guess Ukraine doesn't have drones or missiles they can use the blow up said convoy? It really seems like it would be a sitting duck for something to hit it.

They do have a couple drones from Riley that have been effective in the last couple days
TRM
AG
benchmark
AG
neAGle96 said:

I'd use it against the Ruskies. At the very least, start using their armaments as IEDs along the highways to Kiev.
That's the biggest mystery to me thus far. Where are the homemade Ukrainian IED's?
Big Al 1992
AG
RONA Ag said:

JobSecurity said:

My guess is the convoy will try to take the main loop around the west side of Kyiv, M07 or something like that. It's only 20 miles long. That would stop anything in/our on the west side of the city and there are only a handful of bridges over the Dnieper. The east side of the city also has fewer main thoroughfares into the city, so that's why I think they'll wait to move the convoy until the east side of the city is under control. Or at least those few main highways are being blocked by russian forces. Then they have the city trapped.

Is assume they are going to blow the bridges if the Russians make it that far

Why wouldn't that have happened so far? Blow out bridges, mines, snipers, anything to stop that convoy - they can't exactly turn around.
wbt5845
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

wbt5845 said:

Guys - a lot - and I mean A LOT - of F-35As have been deployed to Eastern Europe over the weekend. Biggest mobilization I've seen since the Gulf War.

I know my family friend who's Commander over Marine Corps Command VMA-223 Cherry Point are headed over to Europe today.

First I've heard of this and I am troubled by it.

Sending A models over as a show of force is one thing. B models have less range and less carrying capability, but have some very specific strike and forward deployment abilities that - well, I hope we do not need those capabilities. It'd be a World War III if we did.
V8Aggie
AG
Wtf is going on. Nothing about any of this makes sense.
RONA Ag
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

RONA Ag said:

JobSecurity said:

My guess is the convoy will try to take the main loop around the west side of Kyiv, M07 or something like that. It's only 20 miles long. That would stop anything in/our on the west side of the city and there are only a handful of bridges over the Dnieper. The east side of the city also has fewer main thoroughfares into the city, so that's why I think they'll wait to move the convoy until the east side of the city is under control. Or at least those few main highways are being blocked by russian forces. Then they have the city trapped.

Why wouldn't that have happened so far? Blow out bridges, mines, snipers, anything to stop that convoy - they can't exactly turn around.

I'd assum the plan is to do it when all else fails and they are on the bridges. You don't want to do it too early or there's the ability for a reroute
Big Al 1992
AG
Who can explain all of the logistics for all of the weaponry and equipment coming from everywhere? Stage in Poland? How does it get to the cities that need defending?
Whirligigs
My guess is the west is so dependent on Russian energy exports they really are just going so far to assist Ukraine.
jabberwalkie09
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

Excuse the generic term but are there not lots of SAMs in that convoy? Is that not a suicide mission with that much firepower regardless of how dumb they lined it up?

There are undoubtedly lots of SAM's in that convoy. There's also probably S-400's in Belarus to detour attempts from aircraft destroying the convoy.
RONA Ag
AG
Whirligigs said:

My guess is the west is so dependent on Russian energy exports they really are just going so far to assist Ukraine.

we are so far past that it's ridiculous. The only reason nobody is committing troops is for the risk of Russia going nuclear
Jayhawk
Big Al 1992 said:

Who can explain all of the logistics for all of the weaponry and equipment coming from everywhere? Stage in Poland? How does it get to the cities that need defending?
Yes, the initial logistics flights would come into Poland. It will then be broken down into smaller shipments and trucked across the border into the Ukraine. That last mile will very likely be hair raising as they will likely be hunted by Russian air.

I have thought from the beginning that, if he really means to swallow it whole hog, it will be a top military priority to seal that western border. Even the Russian planners surely understand that you cannot properly fight an insurgency if you dont control the borders..

As far as the Mig-29's.. I have no idea how the Uke Air Force intends to maintain, arm, house them once inside Ukraine. Fixed airbase facilities are already out of the question I would think. They may have to go Independence Day style and set up remote base camps adjacent to ~7000 ft stretches of straight roads, if such options exist..
TRM
AG
Close to linking forces in the south.
amercer
AG
Whirligigs said:

We are almost into spring, when that heating oil won't look quite as valuable. The question would be if there is a backup option for next winter.
hbtheduce
AG
2wealfth Man said:

Still trying to tactically get my arms around the necessity for the Russians to actually take Kiev. I don't think there is any puppet government they could install at this point that would have any legitimacy with the populace. They are going to bleed severely trying get in there, tie up a bunch of troop occupying and expend military resources trying to provide for the population there if infrastructure gets destroyed.

Why don't they just bypass to the west and link up with the forces moving north from Odessa. Effectively pinch the country in two. They will still have to deal with the western half of Ukraine with a final defense being made at Lviv. They can regroup and resupply before biting that off as that the those forces are likely to very well supplied from the NATO.

This is what I expect.... but I think they take Kyiv. No puppet government, just kind of an "East Ukraine" type of scenario.
oneeyedag
Ukes have to have those bridges loaded up with explosives.
JobSecurity
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

RONA Ag said:

JobSecurity said:

They have been but they can only go so far outside of the city. The convoy being 40 miles long means they dont have to get anywhere close to the urban areas to completely blockade them. That's probably the biggest concern at this point. I dont see a scenario where they use the convoy to get into the city - blockade and just launch rockets in until the govt gives up or dies
ecoag80
AG
Can someone bump a couple of live video feeds? TIA
Whirligigs
amercer said:

Whirligigs said:

We are almost into spring, when that heating oil won't look quite as valuable. The question would be if there is a backup option for next winter.

Yeah that's the concern. However if nato is holding back because of this, then the whole offshoring mantra ends now.
Whirligigs
RONA Ag said:

Whirligigs said:

If we are so far past that it's ridiculous. The only reason nobody is committing tools is for the risk of Russia going nuclear

Nope - energy.
Polaris75
Like watching a horror movie, U know how it ends yet keep watching.
Twice an Aggie
AG
Probably answered by now, but referring to the forces they assembled on the border. Staging military is not a simple procedure and logistics are even harder...see what they already are facing. I was simply stating that they have pushed most of their forces in. Having to bring more units to the war would be costly and time consuming...and they are barely even having to face occupation of anywhere large...which requires even more forces be tied down.
rab79
AG
ecoag80 said:

Can someone bump a couple of live video feeds? TIA
Quote:

NO AMNESTY!

in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things; by pretending "not to know" there is no guilt, no actual connection to conscience. Denial of truth allows easier trespass.
TRM
AG
Bubblez
amercer said:

Whirligigs said:

Wonder how quickly we can ramp up production, through the defense production act if need be.
ATX_AG_08
AG
https://twitter.com/worldonalert/status/1498454302255460354?s=20&t=nERXTMy2F9BVFU7nH9MrEw
Rossticus
JobSecurity
AG
TRM said:

JobSecurity
AG
Ag In Ok
AG
The Ukes are going to need more than NLWS and TOWS.
neAGle96
AG
Is that a real Russian or propaganda?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Do not watch past 1:30 if you do not wish to see dead bodies.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
fullback44
AG
Whirligigs said:

RONA Ag said:

Whirligigs said:

If we are so far past that it's ridiculous. The only reason nobody is committing tools is for the risk of Russia going nuclear

Nope - energy.
I disagree .. the US alone can ramp oil production almost instantly with shale plays like the Eagle Ford, I know I have family wells down there, I've seen what happens when they drill well after well after well, production sky rockets. These high prices and the new demand will cause drilling to go nuts again, sure there will be issues short term, but production around the world will pick up almost over night in order to get some of those big bucks on oil. Russia produces 11-12 % of the worlds oil, many countries will not stop buying it others will, it will balance out very fast. Now the natural gas lines going to the EU. Well those idiots better crank back up their nuclear plants and get those LNG plants moving and stop holding them up over stupid green bull****e… the EU may suffer some but they need to look in the mirror and ask themselves who put them in this position? They must not be too worried about it if they are imposing sanctions…

EU has nuclear weapons in one hand vs being short on fuel in the other …. They have shown they would rather stop Russia than worry about BTUs
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.