***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,550,207 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
neAGle96 said:

Is that a real Russian or propaganda?

I've seen it cited several times and has purportedly vetted by OSINT community. Establishing chain of custody and origin in a war zone is more difficult than you'd like but based on everything we've seen for the past 5 days I don't find it particularly unbelievable.
Whirligigs
fullback44 said:

Whirligigs said:

RONA Ag said:

Whirligigs said:

My guess is the west is so dependent on Russian energy exports they really are just going so far to assist Ukraine.

If we are so far past that it's ridiculous. The only reason nobody is committing tools is for the risk of Russia going nuclear

Nope - energy.
I disagree .. the US alone can ramp oil production almost instantly with shale plays like the Eagle Ford, I know I have family wells down there, I've seen what happens when they drill well after well after well, production sky rockets. These high prices and the new demand will cause drilling to go nuts again, sure there will be issues short term, but production around the world will pick up almost over night in order to get some of those big bucks on oil. Russia produces 11-12 % of the worlds oil, many countries will not stop buying it others will, it will balance out very fast. Now the natural gas lines going to the EU. Well those idiots better crank back up their nuclear plants and get those LNG plants moving and stop holding them up over stupid green bull****e… the EU may suffer some but they need to look in the mirror and ask themselves who put them in this position? They must not be too worried about it if they are imposing sanctions…

EU has nuclear weapons in one hand vs being short on fuel in the other …. They have shown they would rather stop Russia than worry about BTUs

It's just a thought, it could be a mix of all the above. However, outside of good, Ukrainian resistance - Russia basically has a free hand to up the kill factor. Will the economic sanctions work? That is a very interesting move , albeit it will probably impact us as well, especially if the energy spigot is turned off.
UntoldSpirit
AG
WolfCall said:

Any comments on vacuum bombs from our military weapons experts?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1573446/ukraine-invasion-ambassador-kyiv-russia-vladimir-putin-vacuum-bomb-geneva-convention-ont
Quote:

Ambassador claims Russia used deadly vacuum bomb in Ukraine attack

A UKRAINIAN AMBASSADOR has claimed Russia used a deadly vacuum bomb during its invasion efforts on Monday.
By JACK WALTERS 00:00, Tue, Mar 1, 2022 | UPDATED: 00:10, Tue, Mar 1, 2022

I was interested in that too.

I fear that this is how he will ratchet up things if necessary, and that will be really ugly.
aggiepanic95
AG
Kiev is very dark tonight, last night it was lit up like Vegas
JobSecurity
AG
Rubio at it again

jabberwalkie09
AG
JobSecurity said:

Rubio at it again

Unless the Russians take out the power, internet, and kick out all the journalists I don't see that happening. They've tried to hit some power plants before and Musk saw to them getting some Starlink for internet coverage.
aggiepanic95
AG
for anyone watching the live stream, what are all of the tracers that are crossing the screen in the Victory Avenue frame?
GAC06
AG
Starlink still needs power right?
SidetrackAg
AG
So what is the deal with the 40 mile long convoy? They gonna blast them or what? Surely they're not just knowingly trucking along, right?
RONA Ag
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

for anyone watching the live stream, what are all of the tracers that are crossing the screen in the Victory Avenue frame?

Those are bugs my man
redline248
AG
SidetrackAg said:

So what is the deal with the 40 mile long convoy? They gonna blast them or what? Surely they're not just knowingly trucking along, right?
depends on the range and capabilities of the aircraft they are picking up in Poland, I guess.
rathAG05
AG
I'm curious as to the position of EU/NATO with Belarus joining in. I understand not wanting to engage directly with Russia, but what about actively stopping g Belarus? Why haven't we seen much active resistance to them mobilizing?
Waffledynamics
AG
Any livestreams and/or footage from Kherson?
fullback44
AG
RONA Ag said:

aggiepanic95 said:

Those are bugs my man
Fire flys …
redline248
AG
One thing I keep wondering is what kind of military units Ukraine has in the west part of the country. Russia has mostly left that side alone and it appears to my untrained brain that they could be attacked by a force from the west.
aggiepanic95
AG
RONA Ag said:

aggiepanic95 said:

Those are bugs my man
What kind of bugs are out at 34 degrees? Also, they seem to only go from right to left on the screen, not random bug movements you typically see.
txags92
AG
wbt5845 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

wbt5845 said:

Guys - a lot - and I mean A LOT - of F-35As have been deployed to Eastern Europe over the weekend. Biggest mobilization I've seen since the Gulf War.

I know my family friend who's Commander over Marine Corps Command VMA-223 Cherry Point are headed over to Europe today.

First I've heard of this and I am troubled by it.

Sending A models over as a show of force is one thing. B models have less range and less carrying capability, but have some very specific strike and forward deployment abilities that - well, I hope we do not need those capabilities. It'd be a World War III if we did.
I suspect this is part of getting Poland and others to give planes to Ukraine. Promise to send in F35s to back them up if needed.
jabberwalkie09
AG
GAC06 said:

That's a given, but my comment was more so that the Russians haven't hit the power infrastructure yet. And iirc most of Ukraine's power is from nuclear power.
TRM
AG

bonfarr
AG
SidetrackAg said:

The convoy only made 3 kms in almost 24 hours today due to fuel supply issues and drone attacks so hopefully the Ukes have time to get those fighters from Poland overhead.
Big Al 1992
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

JobSecurity said:

Rubio at it again

Unless the Russians take out the power, internet, and kick out all the journalists I don't see that happening. They've tried to hit some power plants before and Musk saw to them getting some Starlink for internet coverage.

Ugh. Awful. Sounds like the first ineffective wave were the rookies,
Inexperienced, incompetent young soldiers who didn't want to be there. Not supported if Russia didn't have to. Read they didn't even have GPS or maps and did not know where they were going. Russia hoping Ukraine would lay down quickly. When that didn't happen, now the professionals are moving in and they are ruthless. Commies.
jabberwalkie09
AG
rathAG05 said:

I'm curious as to the position of EU/NATO with Belarus joining in. I understand not wanting to engage directly with Russia, but what about actively stopping g Belarus? Why haven't we seen much active resistance to them mobilizing?

Belarus is part of the Collective Security Treaty Organization with Russia. The CSTO is headquartered in Moscow. Hit Belarus and you get The Bear as well.
V8Aggie
AG
Also - if you haven't read the last 10 pages please do so before commenting or asking questions.
GAC06
AG
wbt5845 said:

BurnetAggie99 said:

wbt5845 said:

Guys - a lot - and I mean A LOT - of F-35As have been deployed to Eastern Europe over the weekend. Biggest mobilization I've seen since the Gulf War.

I know my family friend who's Commander over Marine Corps Command VMA-223 Cherry Point are headed over to Europe today.

First I've heard of this and I am troubled by it.

Sending A models over as a show of force is one thing. B models have less range and less carrying capability, but have some very specific strike and forward deployment abilities that - well, I hope we do not need those capabilities. It'd be a World War III if we did.

223 is still flying harriers and I'm very skeptical they're going to Europe.

223 is the training squadron now that VMAT-203 stood down. If they were going to send harriers it would be 542 or 231, not 223. And they're not sending harriers unless things get wild.
amercer
AG
redline248 said:

One thing I keep wondering is what kind of military units Ukraine has in the west part of the country. Russia has mostly left that side alone and it appears to my untrained brain that they could be attacked by a force from the west.

I think most of the Ukrainian forces are in the east, where the 8 year war with the separatist regions has been going on. Probably not much in the west at all.
Jayhawk
jabberwalkie09 said:

rathAG05 said:

Belarus is part of the Collective Security Treaty Organization with Russia. The CSTO is headquartered in Moscow. Hit Belarus and you get The Bear as well.
Yep. I imagine at this point the EU is not distinguishing Belarus from Russia.

Things got sporty at home for Lukashenko last year and, pure conjecture here, I think he made a devil's bargain with Putin where Lukashenko gets a a lifetime interest in the Belarussian presidency, but Russia owns the country thereafter.

From watching Putin interviews, he talks about the "Union" when referring to the Soviet Union, and I think what he may be after is not so much outright annexation in the brutally simple form, but a true federation with Moscow as the imperial capital governing over tributary petty kingdoms e.g. Lukashenko in Belarus, Kadyrov in Chechnya, whatshisnuts in Kazakhstan, etc. etc.
flakrat
AG
GAC06 said:

Starlink satellites have a current life span of 5 years.

Obviously the clients (phones, tablets, laptops) need power to participate.
Rossticus
Corporal Punishment
AG
Looks like the Ukes have held on to some of their Soviet traditions…NKVD style..
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

Well, that's likely going to be short and swift trial.
Waffledynamics
AG
Again, anyone finding any cams from Kherson?
jabberwalkie09
AG

JobSecurity
AG
Waffledynamics said:

No. Actually found this

They write (according to eyewitnesses from that area of the city) that the information on storming of Kherson from the Nikolaev highway which was published one and a half hours ago by some big telegram channels, is untrue.
It's quiet here. No sirens were heard, no shelling.

And you still have to understand (and I don't really understand that) - is an assault always equal to loud explosions and shelling?
They fired at the outskirts of the city from different directions in the previous days, but there was no assault #kherson
JobSecurity
AG
TAMUallen
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Streamers are saying that lots of cams have been cut off. More importantly, they're saying bot traffic is at unheard of levels and the number of fake cams on loop are nuts
First Page Last Page
Page 152 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.