***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,555,131 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by 74OA
Keegan99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wrong thread, sir.
Chef Elko
AG
Thanks! More MANPADS! Maybe my tax dollars will go to something useful
chris1515
AG
How much faith do you have in what you're reading about the ongoing results/situation? To me it seems that anyone that really know, has strong incentive to exaggerate the numbers to support their side.

ttu_85
Ernest Tucker said:

richardag said:

PWestAg18 said:

richardag said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

I'm no adept student of the matter, but I never figured Putin too be an inept tactician.
He was KGB not military and who knows how he surrounded himself with his current military leaders.
I also think Putin legitimately believes the former USSR states want to "get the gang back together" in the same way he does, and he didn't expect the entire populace of Ukraine to unite and fight back like this. My guess is nobody else in the room had the balls to tell him he was wrong either.
I think this is a very good point.

If .............. Keiv

Now he is going to face a humiliating defeat/quagmire and this would ruin him and Russia. Putin will double down and see that ukrain is not filled with sympathy for Russia. His perspective will shift to invasion and I fear we will see more of what happened in Syria/grosny. Putin is about to be backed into a corner and that is scary.

My take anyways.
Good takeaway. And yes its scary. I wonder how many people have thought this angle through.

So many are cheering in the stands as the world has its first real-time on-line war. The bad mews is we are about to cross into uncharted territory !!!!

Still, I can't believe the Russians didn't take down the Ukrainian net. If I, a lowly Tard, was running the Russian op the first thing I would have done is crushed the Ukrainian communications systems. All of them. There wouldn't be a server or server farm in operation.

Now the World is on its feet watching the underdog, say 'Jackson State' hold the equivalent of "Ohio State' to 10 first quarter points. This game has along way to go and with it all the associated uncertainty,

clw04
AG
BBC just reported Germany is going to provide Anti-Tank weapons and Stingers to ukraine from their arms stock.
richardag
YouBet said:

richardag said:

JobSecurity said:

I had not heard or seen were the U.S. agreed?
Not sure they need us for this decision? Half the traffic happens in Europe. We are a minority user.
Thanks for the reply
LMCane
excellent broadcast a few hours ago from the Kharkiv front

some destroyed Russian equipment on the roadway

Uke infantry using NLAWs

not sure why no one digs foxholes or trenches but stands up with no cover

Kharkiv Front
74OA
AG
clw04 said:

BBC just reported Germany is going to provide Anti-Tank weapons and Stingers to ukraine from their arms stock.
..........also working on limiting Russia's access to SWIFT.

GERMANY
Irish 2.0
chris1515 said:

How much faith do you have in what you're reading about the ongoing results/situation? To me it seems that anyone that really know, has strong incentive to exaggerate the numbers to support their side.

To me the fact that Russian generals aren't giving speeches from within Ukrainian cities is all I need to know and see. Optics are awful for Russia on this. Win or lose in Ukraine, they've exposed themselves to being a very disorganized military and their enemies have taken notice.

US included
Shooz in Katy
AG
Olena Gnes. Search her name and watch her interview on FNC.

Moved me to tears. Most compelling human story I've seen yet. They've given her more air time than any of the world leaders or experts they've interviewed.

Linking directly is difficult. Her interview applies to this thread because her plea calls on Biden directly and other countries to intervene militarily. Things like this can change the narrative.
jobu93
AG
If a third drop on Kiev is true I think we are seeing Putin's choice.

He will not shell the **** out of the cities a la Chechnya and he's trying to see through capturing the government.

He won't she'll the cities I think for two reasons. First he needs them functional after a puppet government installation and second he thinks that may be a line best not to cross for fear of further international escalation well beyond sanctions.

The weather warming up will slow that armor advance and further construct the vehicles to the roadways which will offer up a shooting gallery for defenders.

Above all else he needs to own the air. I think this is where he has failed the worst.

What a Charlie Foxtrot.

I really hope to visit Ukraine I. The future.
LMCane
Irish 2.0 said:

chris1515 said:

To me the fact that Russian generals aren't giving speeches from within Ukrainian cities is all I need to know and see. Optics are awful for Russia on this. Win or lose in Ukraine, they've exposed themselves to being a very disorganized military and their enemies have taken notice.

US included

That's 100% accurate.

everyone can see with their own eyes that the major cities of Ukraine have been able to withstand the Russian advances over the last four days.

critical that Kyiv is able to hold out-

Zelensky should be calling for all Uke men in the reserves or civilians to head towards the capitol if they are not in combat units already deployed

just hand them Kalashnikovs and NLAWs and molotov cocktails to throw from apartment building balconies
AgsMyDude
AG
2wealfth Man
AG
Great article on some firing tests the Ukes ran against caged armor recently. Bas azz video of their Javelin live fire exercise.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43648/ukrainian-troops-test-javelin-missile-against-russian-cage-style-improvised-tank-armor
LMCane
ttu_85 said:

Ernest Tucker said:

richardag said:

PWestAg18 said:

richardag said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

I'm no adept student of the matter, but I never figured Putin too be an inept tactician.
He was KGB not military and who knows how he surrounded himself with his current military leaders.
I also think Putin legitimately believes the former USSR states want to "get the gang back together" in the same way he does, and he didn't expect the entire populace of Ukraine to unite and fight back like this. My guess is nobody else in the room had the balls to tell him he was wrong either.

If .............. Keiv

Now he is going to face a humiliating defeat/quagmire and this would ruin him and Russia. Putin will double down and see that ukrain is not filled with sympathy for Russia. His perspective will shift to invasion and I fear we will see more of what happened in Syria/grosny. Putin is about to be backed into a corner and that is scary.

My take anyways.
Good takeaway. And yes its scary. I wonder how many people have thought this angle through.

So many are cheering in the stands as the world has its first real-time on-line war. The bad mews is we are about to cross into uncharted territory !!!!

Still, I can't believe the Russians didn't take down the Ukrainian net. If I, a lowly Tard, was running the Russian op the first thing I would have done is crushed the Ukrainian communications systems. All of them. There wouldn't be a server or server farm in operation.

Now the World is on its feet watching the underdog, say 'Jackson State' hold the equivalent of "Ohio State' to 10 first quarter points. This game has along way to go and with it all the associated uncertainty,

well we did see Denial of Service attacks across Ukraine in the first day

maybe this group "Anonymous" who are the hackers and they are attacking the Russian networks, maybe that is helping to keep the Uke servers running. I am sure that the Russians are doing their best to bring down the comms networks of the Ukes

it would appear that NATO helped to provision Zelensky with the ability to continue to communicate with the West
TX04Aggie
AG
Lithuania closing air space to Russia now. Which isolates Russia mainland from Kaliningrad piece of Russia.
ATX_AG_08
AG
chris1515 said:

Lots of propaganda prob taking place, but I've seen enough real footage of destroyed Russian equipment to know without a doubt the ukes are taking it to them in a major way.
cone
AG
AgsMyDude said:

BASED
74OA
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

chris1515 said:

Lots of propaganda prob taking place, but I've seen enough real footage of destroyed Russian equipment to know without a doubt the ukes are taking it to them in a major way.
Yep. Cut the numbers in half and the Russians still appear to have lost a division's worth of armor.
LMCane
74OA said:

rathAG05 said:

74OA said:

More US Stingers on the way in addition to those from the Baltics and the MANPADS from Poland. Remarkable that Russia has not been able to establish air superiority.

ASSISTANCE

Curious as to how they get all of this equipment delivered where it needs to go? Anyone know?
Ukraine has a long land border with Poland and other NATO countries. It's still open.

at some point if there is stalemate then Putin will go after vehicles moving across the Polish border to try to starve out the Ukes

hopefully the Ukes are able to use cars and SUV to bring in supplies and weaponry on side roads and trails that the Russians won't be able to block
cjg89
AG
Russians sandbagging and waiting for US and/or NATO intervention?
richardag
JFABNRGR said:

richardag said:

PWestAg18 said:

richardag said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

I find this very hard to believe. I was born in 1970 (cold war engrained). In elementary school recall singing bomb iran. In 1997 I competed in infantry squad competition in the Czech Republic with and against almost all of the small former soviet satellite countries in a collaboration effort. In the evenings, in the city streets, the residents all came out of their homes and thanked us for their freedom, we had to eat dinner sometimes 3x a day because we didn't want to say no, all the while learning how much these soldiers and the czech citizens hated the russians. This was 8 years after the fall of the wall. It was one of the most impactful moments in my life understanding that any conventional war with russia would result in their quick demise and we should not fear them. I have to believe that sentiment still exists, putin knows it or has gone nuts, and several ole soldiers from neighboring countries have absolutely entered Ukraine with the opportunity to spill rusky blood.
Thanks for the reply. I am by no means an intel expert and appreciate information.
Demosthenes81
AG
cone said:

AgsMyDude said:

BASED
A touch of elegant irony to be firebombed by a bottle called TRUTH
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
2wealfth Man
AG
74OA said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

chris1515 said:

Yep. Cut the numbers in half and the Russians still appear to have lost a division's worth of armor.
This trending into an infantry slog if they want to take, cities, seats of government, infrastructure, etc. Putin may order it, but I wonder if Ivan on the ground will have the stomach for it.
AggieLit
oldmanguy said:

He will not shell the **** out of the cities a la Chechnya and he's trying to see through capturing the government.

He won't she'll the cities I think for two reasons. First he needs them functional after a puppet government installation and second he thinks that may be a line best not to cross for fear of further international escalation well beyond sanctions.

The weather warming up will slow that armor advance and further construct the vehicles to the roadways which will offer up a shooting gallery for defenders.

Above all else he needs to own the air. I think this is where he has failed the worst.

What a Charlie Foxtrot.

Based on his speeches, I think Kiev is a city he does not want to see destroyed. It is the birthplace of Russia (Kievan Rus'). He is also trying to win hearts and minds. He wants to be viewed by Ukrainians as the protector of Ukraine, while the West is seen as a corrupting influence. He also wants popularity in Russia, and Russians have many family connections to Ukraine. Unlike Grozny, this is "their" city, with a Slavic Orthodox population, not a Muslim population.
flakrat
AG
That's Badass
74OA
AG
AggieLit said:

oldmanguy said:

What a Charlie Foxtrot.

Based on his speeches, I think Kiev is a city he does not want to see destroyed. It is the birthplace of Russia. He is also trying to win hearts and minds. He wants to be viewed by Ukrainians as the protector of Ukraine, while the West is a corrupting influence. He also wants popularity in Russia, and Russians have many family connections to Ukraine. Unlike Grozny, this is "their" city, with a Slavic Orthodox population, not a Muslim population.
Putin wants to recover friendly strategic depth between Russia and NATO. No chance for that if he destroys Kiev and utterly alienates the Ukranian people. Win or lose the war, I think he's already failed strategically. BUFFER
AggieKO
AG
I think a lot of it's true just by the fact that the president is still alive and posting videos.
ttu_85
Irish 2.0 said:

chris1515 said:

US included
Well to be fair the Russian armies **** the bed in 1941 big time-- to the point its amazing they survived. Russians have a history of slow starts and in the big wars strong finishes.

180? Napoleon drives on Moscow. Thank you Russian winter and long supply lines
1905 war with Japan- Russian asses kicked by Japan.
1914-1917 Eastern Front- poor performance and leadership by the Tsarists

1941- Total ass kicking by the Germans at all levels
1942- Still massive losses but stop the Germans at Stalingrad- The Germans were dumb there.
1943- Finally got going at Kurst but still suffered massive losses.

1980-Afghanistan quick invasion but bled dry by 1988.

Russians win when their backs are against wall but lose in campaigns such as this one. Lets hope the trend continues.
LMCane
AggieLit said:

oldmanguy said:

What a Charlie Foxtrot.

Based on his speeches, I think Kiev is a city he does not want to see destroyed. It is the birthplace of Russia (Kievan Rus'). He is also trying to win hearts and minds. He wants to be viewed by Ukrainians as the protector of Ukraine, while the West is seen as a corrupting influence. He also wants popularity in Russia, and Russians have many family connections to Ukraine. Unlike Grozny, this is "their" city, with a Slavic Orthodox population, not a Muslim population.
good points

but I think that opportunity came and went with the first bomb he dropped near Kiev.

the Ukes are MUCH more united and patriotic now than they were a month ago. any war will do that when you are being attacked
cone
AG
that first 24 hours was really critical and they didn't really fight at night
GAC06
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Lithuania closing air space to Russia now. Which isolates Russia mainland from Kaliningrad piece of Russia.

Got a link? That's big news if true.
LMCane
cjg89 said:

Russians sandbagging and waiting for US and/or NATO intervention?

doubtful-

every day this drags on costs Putin more money, more dead Russians, more embarrassment, more sanctions and international efforts against him.

he wanted this wrapped up last thursday
Dan Scott
AG
So was Putin really dumb enough to think he could stroll into a country where a lot of its people favor the West and not have pushback. If you're going to attack a country then you attack a country. If that means blowing stuff up then you blow things up. He didn't have winning strategy from the start.
agent-maroon
AG
ttu_85 said:

Ernest Tucker said:

richardag said:

PWestAg18 said:

richardag said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

If .............. Keiv

My take anyways.

If the 1st step was to cut all communication and bring down their servers, then the next step should be to establish complete air superiority. Neither has happened. Nor have reliable supply chains been established.

To say this was poorly planned and executed would be the MOA understatements
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 81 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.