***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,554,978 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by 74OA
Mas89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol. Yes indeed. Perhaps they need a UN resolution condemning the use next week. Or maybe a month from now. The French will be pissed….
JTA1029
AG
Would seem like the "wheelson" vehicle from COD should be technologically doable.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Ukrainian AA continues to defy the odds by surviving.
MouthBQ98
AG
Consider: Ukraine HAS to commit all its forces and reserves. Russia can't do that. They have to have some deployments across their nation remain in place as a deterrence force, so they can only commit so much of their advantage in numbers.
TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

And an insertion all the way over in the western most portion of the country? Why?
Trying to cut off supply line from Poland?
htownag10
AG
BenFiasco14
AG
The longer this goes on, the more people (myself included) believe Zelensky and Ukraine can do this. And more countries will continue to chip in.

I'm really starting to believe now.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

And an insertion all the way over in the western most portion of the country? Why?
Trying to cut off supply line from Poland?

They wouldn't have any support in the area. Nearest would be Kyiv iirc.
BTHOB-98
Chipotlemonger said:

WTF India? Come on
India is trying to avoid getting pulled into a conflict with China or Russia. I have no problem with them abstaining. We do not want a China v. India war. That could become nuclear.

They may also have intel that we do not have about China nd Russia. They may just be playing it safe by staying out of it for now.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-business-china-india-diplomacy-43fee2b2e4dbbbf1e06425e6fe353afa
jabberwalkie09
AG
maverick2076
IslanderAg04 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

I'm not posting this to be alarmist, but this is the first mention of the Donbas region I have seen in awhile.

Doesnt the use of Chemical weapons on foreign soil invoke UN treaties?

It would be covered by the OPCW. However, Russia would probably try to use the destruction of existing chemical tanks as some sort of loophole, saying that they didn't employ "actual" chemical weapons, even though some first Gen CWAs are simply industrial chemicals.

Of course, that's ignoring the fact that Putin has shown no hesitance to using chemical weapons in the past. Just ask Alexandr Navalny and the Skripals.
johnrth
I'm seeing tweets that are telling the Ukes to take down street signs, house numbers, and road signs with towns etc to disorient the Russians. Smart move
RONA Ag
AG
I know why we are doing it and diplomatically it is the correct call but god does it feel so completely immoral for the United Nations and NATO to just stand by and watch this happen.
one MEEN Ag
AG
If Ukraine expels Russia, do they go take back Crimea?
TriAg2010
AG
Captain Positivity said:

False flag to drum up Russian population support? Show dead people from chem attack, blame it on Ukrainians.

At this point, I think any mass casualties regardless of the supposed actor would just serve to get Germany off their duff with regards to real sanctions like removal from SWIFT. This is becoming a bigger blunder for Russia by the hour.
Not a Bot
AG
India buys 80% of their weapons from Russia. They need Russia for service and spare parts.

They are in a stare down with China in the Himalayas.

If they get cut off from Russian military equipment, going to be tough for them to defend against Chinese threat.

They have been working hard to diversify but that takes time.
MSCAg
AG
Russians don't seem to be great at SEAD

jabberwalkie09
AG

I'm thinking sub machine guns is a mistranslation.
Not a Bot
AG
I don't think Russia expects at this point to have any sort of normal relationship with Europe moving forward, at least for now.

Russia has been telling their media to not even use the word "war" in their news coverage. Russia is also taking steps to block social media in country. They need internal support for this war for it to continue.

They've been telling their population the Ukrainian government are Nazis and are killing ethnic Russians.

Now they create a false flag with a chemical weapons attack, show bodies of dead Russians, and the Russian populous has no other alternative to consider.
Ag In Ok
AG
Waiting for the UN to declare air lift of humanitarian supplies to impacted areas.
BTHOB-98
RONA Ag said:

I know why we are doing it and diplomatically it is the correct call but god does it feel so completely immoral for the United Nations and NATO to just stand by and watch this happen.
The United States relationship with Ukraine is purely friendly and strategic. We are trading with them and working with them strategically (at least I thought) so that this would not happen. It still happened and it appears we are not going to do anything about it. For good reasons. We are not officially allies.

The UN's and NATO's relationship is something different. They are not us. Sure we are the biggest kid on the team but other nations make decisions too. What they should have done is armed Ukraine with the proper supplies a year ago. This has been planned for some time and everyone knew it. Now its likely too late. Occupation is a ***** though. We found that out recently. Russia will win but the fighting just started. this could go on for years.

Putin knows all of this and that's why he is not concerned about other countries jumping in. He is calling everyone's bluff and to this point he's made the right call.
richardag
YouBet said:

rgag12 said:

I don't get the notion that Russia is working against some clock. They've reached and almost encircled the enemy capital in less than 2 days. The president of Ukraine is wanting to die defending city, or so he portrays.

If the ultimate goal is to overthrow the government and install a pro-Russian puppet, what's the difference if it takes 3 days versus 7 days. The prestige?

The longer this has gone on the more support you've seen from the rest of the planet about supporting Ukraine. The longer this goes on the more NATO is going to actually do something. People love an underdog and the fact that Ukraine is showing fight has people rallying to their cause.

Russia knows this. If they don't end this quickly, they stand a chance of more and more direct support for Ukraine.
China is watching and seeing much of the world coalesce against this blatant illegal action. I am not an intel expert but would guess Putin is crapping in China's pool at this point.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Anyone been able to find out clear/recent intel on Mariupol? I haven't seen anything on it since early yesterday of the supposed amphibious landing.
jobu93
AG
RONA Ag said:

I think if this continues for another 3 days you will see more involvement.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Out-****ing-standing Ukrainians!
JobSecurity
AG
JobSecurity
AG
Ag87H2O
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

But speaking of equipment that needs to be picked up…

I think there's a very real possibility that we see Russians begin to surrender due to no food and fuel. Maybe even in a larger than squad sized numbers.
This is one of the strangest things I've seen in all this mess yet. Just pull your personal car up to the main battle tank on the highway and have a casual conversation with the invaders.

Seems like the invaders would pull out their rifles and commandeer the car to get back to their unit, or the guy in the car would unload on the soldiers standing by the tank.

That conversation was more like - hey bud, I see your vehicle is broken down, need a lift? Nah, we've already got a friend headed this way to pick is up. Ok, by the way, we're going to kick your a**.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Fitch
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

If Russia is locked out of Swift, they're proper hosed economically yes? International trade is essentially done? Can any amount of internal propaganda sustain another narrative?

That's my understanding. But it is a double edged sword for every European country that's still taking Russian natural gas and energy. With no basis to pay other than IOU's they'll basically be cutting off those lines. For a country like Germany, who was importing 40% of their gas from Russia, that's not easily replaced and for an indefinite period.

Someone correct me if that's wrong.
LostInLA07
AG
I bet they're going to find (and probably already have found) intermediaries.
JobSecurity
AG
Probably not new to this thread but always good to have confirmation
jabberwalkie09
AG
Fitch said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

If Russia is locked out of Swift, they're proper hosed economically yes? International trade is essentially done? Can any amount of internal propaganda sustain another narrative?

That's my understanding. But it is a double edged sword for every European country that's still taking Russian natural gas and energy. With no basis to pay other than IOU's they'll basically be cutting off those lines. For a country like Germany, who was importing 40% of their gas from Russia, that's not easily replaced and for an indefinite period.

Someone correct me if that's wrong.

Irish I think explained it. He seems pretty knowledgeable on the subject matter.
htxag09
AG
I enjoy reading WWII books and one of the biggest takeaways for me is always the resilience of those guys to be without food and shivering cold for so long.

Seems the US isn't the only country who's people have gotten weaker the last 50 years. Those soldiers made it through entire winters. These Russians aren't lasting 3 days.
3rd and 2
AG
Is it me or are the Ukrainian Generals geniuses or are the guys hitting the Russian logistics lines getting real-time sat data from NATO of where all the Russian assets are?
First Page Last Page
Page 75 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.