***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,554,998 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by 74OA
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How are the Ukes dealing with the heavy armor? Because I figired they would be able to roll through every major city by now and this obviously hasn't happened.
fullback44
AG
hunter2012 said:

How are the Ukes dealing with the heavy armor? Because I figired they would be able to roll through every major city by now and this obviously hasn't happened.
One answer NLAW, Javelins, Stingers, and other similar donated weapons..,

Think about what Russia is doing, they are attaching using the major highways … all Ukraine has to do is know the major highways the Russians are coming from, line up 20 or 30 Ukrainian soldiers with NLAWs and Javelins and that line of equipment can be shut down, that heavy armor equipment is getting blown to pieces, once they stop them in the front of the convoy, then they ambush the other vehicles, it seems this is what they are doing everywhere.. the west needs to keep supplying the NLAWs and Javelin type units and Ukraine may be able to cause a lot of serious issues for Russia
SPSAg05
AG

Looks like the last remaining holdout is now on board with yanking Russia from SWIFT.
Love Gun
Off topic, but [If it is off topic then don't post it on this thread. -Staff]

[We were giving a clear warning to the numerous posters that were showing up and just trolling the thread without adding anything to the discussion that the OP requested. Posters that are not trolling the thread do not have anything to worry about and we have removed a lot of posts without giving bans in order to clean up some accidental derails. The only posters that have anything to worry about are the trolls and if you aren't one it wasn't directed at you. -Staff]

SidsBurnerAccount
SPSAg05 said:

Looks like the last remaining holdout is now on board with yanking Russia from SWIFT.

Did Cyprus change its mind?
fullback44
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

SPSAg05 said:

Yes Cyprus agreed, it was in another post I believe
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
fullback44 said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

SPSAg05 said:

Yup just went back to find it
jabberwalkie09 said:

agent-maroon
AG
LMCane said:

Engine10 said:

A busted ass supply chain turns their mechanized advantage into scrap pretty fast. I'm for it
earlier reports from the Ukes were that they are telling their citizens to spike fuel supplies with sugar to sabotage the Russian mechanized forces.

Quote:

It's a car culture legend, passed down from generation to generation, that an angry person with a bag of sugar can leave your car dead on its axles. Add sugar to gas tank, turn its fuel into a sugary petroleum mess, and wait for the owner to start the car and blow the engine.

It's also a myth.

Sugar doesn't dissolve in gasoline. If you add it to gasoline, it stays in granular form.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/car-technology/a33237683/sugar-in-gas-tank/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

PARIS, Feb 26 (Reuters) - A decision to cut Russia off from the global SWIFT payment system will be taken in a matter of days, the governor of a central bank within the euro zone told Reuters on Saturday.

"SWIFT is just a matter of time, very short time, days," the central bank governor, who asked not to be named, said.

"Is it sufficient? No. Is it necessary? Absolutely. Sanctions only make sense if there are costs for both sides and this will be costly," the central banker added.
https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/cutting-russia-off-swift-matter-days-euro-zone-central-banker-2022-02-26/
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Kenneth_2003
AG
If Russia is locked out of Swift, they're proper hosed economically yes? International trade is essentially done? Can any amount of internal propaganda sustain another narrative?
Eliminatus
AG
fullback44 said:

hunter2012 said:

Think about what Russia is doing, they are attaching using the major highways … all Ukraine has to do is know the major highways the Russians are coming from, line up 20 or 30 Ukrainian soldiers with NLAWs and Javelins and that line of equipment can be shut down, that heavy armor equipment is getting blown to pieces, once they stop them in the front of the convoy, then they ambush the other vehicles, it seems this is what they are doing everywhere.. the west needs to keep supplying the NLAWs and Javelin type units and Ukraine may be able to cause a lot of serious issues for Russia

One of the things about this conflict is that every single nation is watching and taking notes. It's not every day we get to see frontline Russian armies fighting and I promise we are absorbing every byte of data we can from this.

It has long been said that main battle tanks will eventually go the way of the battleship. Not sure if that is true any time soon but once again the effectiveness of man portable anti armor weapons is really showing right now in the neverending arrow vs chest plate battle. Armor will catch up again I am sure but seeing a LOT of catastrophic kills on Russian armor. Tanks and AFVs just ripped open. (Also why I won't discount the casualty numbers out of hand)

The resource exchange is heinous though. A $20K rocket vs a several million dollar T80 and the trained professionals manning it who likely never saw their death coming.
Ag In Ok
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

fullback44 said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

SPSAg05 said:

Yup just went back to find it
jabberwalkie09 said:

So ill assume the eastern Mediterranean gas line is now "approved". With swift exclusion about to go live, are we going to open up drilling to offset market spikes and provide an alternate to Russian O&G?
Bottlerocket
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

If Russia is locked out of Swift, they're proper hosed economically yes? International trade is essentially done? Can any amount of internal propaganda sustain another narrative?

Interested in this also
Irish 2.0
Kenneth_2003 said:

Hong Kong based company with some Russian based sales into O&G operations here; we suspended all sales into Russia from China on Monday. Was an internal decision that we thought necessary to do our part. A drop in the bucket as far as impact, but it's what we could do.

Everything O&G related is settled in USD. No SWIFT means no USD wires from my understanding. Also, cargo ships have already begun denying Russian oil or running the price up like 10x if they want to send it from what I've read.
2wealfth Man
AG
I have been assuming (which may not be good based on the poor performance of the Russian military so far) that they were holding back their best units/equipment in case of a spillover conflict with a NATO state. We either see that in coming hours or they are going to have to use brute force on the populace in these urban areas of operation. Why they hell try to insert a small force way over in Lviv? Almost like RUS military commanders are playing recklessly with their toys.

ETA: Not sure half-hearted conscripts going to have the stomach for true urban operations.
jabberwalkie09
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG

Brit MoD update from 3hrs ago.
Charpie
AG
Just caught up on this thread from last night.

Again, best thread on this site right now. You guys are fantastic!

Viva Ukraine
SPSAg05
AG

Good on Turkey.
cone
AG
Quote:

Sugar doesn't dissolve in gasoline. If you add it to gasoline, it stays in granular form.

why not just add water instead of sugar?
B-1 83
AG
aTmAg said:

SidsBurnerAccount said:

New pics of the Chechens the Russians are bringing in.

WTF? What do Chechens have to do with this fight and why are they fighting FOR the Russians? They and the Russians hate each other.
Putin: Chechens as Long Shanks: Irish. "We have plenty of Irish".
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
jabberwalkie09
AG

I'm thinking these assets have gotten bogged down here which were meant to move in on Kyiv from the east.
jobu93
AG
"The most unrussian attack ever"

Why?

Putin has a window that is rapidly closing to get this done.
Consider::
Very little initial support for the Ukes
Then they show right
Then they show viable defenses
Then they show viable counterattacks

Ukraine is wholly European and I thin Putin was averse to leveling cities as in Chechnya or Syria. He didn't want to raise the ire of Euope. Now you have both France and Poland sending material into Ukraine. I think this is the reason for the helo incursion into Western Ukraine. The Russians are attempting to interdict resupply.

I don't think Putin can start shelling cities without Euope ramping up support(including men). That window of tolerance is shut.

Ukraine has shown prowess I. The field and now other nations are willing to support them.
jabberwalkie09
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Good on Turkey.

It's going to be interesting to see Russia's response to that. If it's a total ban, Putin has around 30 warships bottled up in the Black Sea now. Some of which were not part of the Black Sea fleet.
Kenneth_2003
AG
cone said:

Quote:

why not just add water instead of sugar?

Water can be separated, and in fact many diesel engines have drains on the fuel filters to dump water.

Sugar won't do squat other than clog fuel filters. If you got sugar into the fueling truck you'd slow refueling. Get it into a vehicle tank, you'll probably park that unit.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Looks like Russians are asserting territorial claim here basically. I don't see it any other way.
aeroag14
AG
Does anyone know if there is an osint twitter group going on this morning? Couldn't find one.
TH36
I was watching live feed of the square in Kyiv this morning and although they're far from the camera I definitely saw men in uniform carrying weapons. Looked like a patrol of 6-8 of them. Ukrainian? The Russians haven't made it to the heart of the city have they?
jabberwalkie09
AG

I'm not posting this to be alarmist, but this is the first mention of the Donbas region I have seen in awhile.
JTA1029
AG
Probably the best thing to add to diesel to cause engine damage is gasoline.

Added benefit is the fact that they are often stored right next to eachother.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TH36 said:

I was watching live feed of the square in Kyiv this morning and although they're far from the camera I definitely saw men in uniform carrying weapons. Looked like a patrol of 6-8 of them. Ukrainian? The Russians haven't made it to the heart of the city have they?

The Ukrainians held the city and by indication and report repelled Russian incursion into the city. Yesterday did see a report of Russians changing uniforms, using Ukrainian equipment, and then killing guards at a checkpoint. That group was apparently dealt with.
IslanderAg04
jabberwalkie09 said:

I'm not posting this to be alarmist, but this is the first mention of the Donbas region I have seen in awhile.

Doesnt the use of Chemical weapons on foreign soil invoke UN treaties?
Not a Bot
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
Eliminatus said:

fullback44 said:

hunter2012 said:

One of the things about this conflict is that every single nation is watching and taking notes. It's not every day we get to see frontline Russian armies fighting and I promise we are absorbing every byte of data we can from this.

It has long been said that main battle tanks will eventually go the way of the battleship. Not sure if that is true any time soon but once again the effectiveness of man portable anti armor weapons is really showing right now in the neverending arrow vs chest plate battle. Armor will catch up again I am sure but seeing a LOT of catastrophic kills on Russian armor. Tanks and AFVs just ripped open. (Also why I won't discount the casualty numbers out of hand)

The resource exchange is heinous though. A $20K rocket vs a several million dollar T80 and the trained professionals manning it who likely never saw their death coming.

Russian tanks do not have internally separate ammunition storage, so any penetrative hit has a reasonably good chance of detonating internal ammunition.

Modern Western tanks are considerably less vulnerable to this with separated storage in the turret bustle and blow out panels, but they are clearly more vulnerable from a top down attack also unless re-armored for it.

Next generation armor will probably account for that threat somehow, possibly by being smaller and highly automated, as it still has value on the battlefield due to mobility and firepower.
Not a Bot
AG
False flag to drum up Russian population support? Show dead people from chem attack, blame it on Ukrainians.
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.