***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,119,606 Views | 46404 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Gilligan
Rossticus
How long do you want to ignore this user?

txags92
AG
Sully Dog said:

Agthatbuilds said:

RebelE Infantry said:

Here is a good quick write up on the overall strategic military situation. Yes it runs counter to the broad narrative, no it is not Russian propaganda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10569141/Putin-NOT-crazy-Russian-invasion-NOT-failing-writes-military-analyst-BILL-ROGGIO.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&ito=1490

Read the article. Bunch of opinions giving too much credit to putin and Russia. Truth is in the middle somewhere.

The key to the decision of this invasion, which the article hinted at, was putin correctly calculated that the west would not go to war with Russia. He planned for everything else, except maybe the strength of resistance being put up by the ukes.
I think it's pretty spot on. Ukraine has a serious interest is shaping the narrative against Russia to garner Western support. Russia has no interest in shaping narratives. Thus, you see a lot of videos of Ukrainian heroism and Russian failures, but little to the contrary
Russia can't do too much to "shape the narrative" for the west, because their narrative was a lie to begin with, and designed to make the operation palatable to their own population. Straying from the "we are sending in peacekeepers to denazify the country" will let the camel's nose under the tent domestically for Putin.
The Collective
AG
Kind of crazy - we didn't expel the Russian ambassador during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and we had every right to do so. In fact, he was instrumental in the de-escalation of the situation.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
I don't believe ANY of these "running out of food and fuel" reports at all.
The Collective
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Agree.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
These three poor souls are the vaunted Spetsnaz.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Bubblez
Irish 2.0 said:

Should've shot them down
It takes some time to build and scramble Swedish fighter jets. They have to grab a few boxes from a warehouse, and assemble the pieces together with the small included allen wrench.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
SPSAg05
AG
Bubblez said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Should've shot them down
It takes some time to build and scramble Swedish fighter jets. They have to grab a few boxes from a warehouse, and assemble the pieces together with the small included allen wrench.
Saab Gripens are actually some pretty slick birds.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

100%

Sure there are units here and there that have had to slow their advance for resupply but to think the Russian army is running out of food and fuel is ludicrous.
RONA Ag
AG
Bubblez said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Should've shot them down

I know they aren't nato but I wonder if they are going to either request or if it will be requested to station an American or British air force there
W
AG
I can't believe all these (failed) airborne assaults & operations.

maybe somewhere else in the country they have been really effective for the Russians...and been kept secret
TRM
AG
I'll edit it.
TRM
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

100%

Sure there are units here and there that have had to slow their advance for resupply but to think the Russian army is running out of food and fuel is ludicrous.

Someone posted this earlier: Feeding the Bear

Basically the point is that the Russians' have an undersized logistics structure. It's easy for them to outrun their supply lines and overstretch them if they don't have the railroads to support them. Based on this assessment, they could very well be running out of supplies on their front lines.
PJYoung
AG
UTExan
This retired US Army intelligence colonel does a daily update if anyone is interested:

It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Irish 2.0
That'll leave a mark!

Wonder if that includes FC Chelsea. Roman might be out the 3B GBP he was asking!
GarryowenAg
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

100%

I believe it to an extent. I've witnessed company/battalion sized units go black on fuel during brigade level training exercises in the US. Russia is known to lack log capabilities that we possess, so it shouldn't be completely discounted.
ATX_AG_08
AG
SidsBurnerAccount

Yet another video of a captured Russian tank. Russians not abandoning equipment?
Irish 2.0
Rossticus
About damn time.
jabberwalkie09
AG
GarryowenAg said:

Let's see if I got it.

I'm sure there's some rounds being exchanged in this video, but it also sound like there's some rounds cooking off. There's some extra noise in there imo.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Way too many videos of abandoned and burning equipment to not lend credence to claims of huge losses in Russian armor and low morale/casualties. This invasion is going to be expensive for the Russians.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Plus there's actual translated videos with Russians saying they're out of gas.
45-70Ag
AG
GigEmRangers75455
ABATTBQ11 said:

Way too many videos of abandoned and burning equipment to not lend credence to claims of huge losses in Russian armor and low morale/casualties. This invasion is going to be expensive for the Russians.

Well good thing for them their economy is booming to pay for it. Not…
45-70Ag
AG
UTExan
ABATTBQ11 said:

Yes, and how do the Russians expect to occupy cities swarming with Uke military/partisans equipped with better bunker/armor-busting Precision munitions than the Russians themselves? Trying to completely pacify Kyiv alone is probably beyond the capacity of the Russian army.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
ATX_AG_08
AG
TRM
AG
Irish 2.0
45-70Ag said:

Should permanently install PaperClip into their software...
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.htmlABATTBQ11 said:

one of the OSINT types "Oryx" is keeping a running list of photo verified equipment loses here:
www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

Russian forces are up to 467 as of the last update (190 destroyed, 8 damaged, 121 abandoned, 149 captured)

the OSINT guys all seem to highly trust this guy's estimates. on the documented losses list you can even click on each vehicle in the list and see the pictures used to verify its loss.
bonfarr
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

That'll leave a mark!

Wonder if that includes FC Chelsea. Roman might be out the 3B GBP he was asking!

Give to Ukes as reparations, sounds legit to me.
First Page Last Page
Page 187 of 1327

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.