*****VERDICT WATCH CHAUVIN TRIAL*****

213,970 Views | 1867 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by will25u
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Keegan99
AG
Would you rather...

A) Have a 140lb man place his knee in your upper back for 10 minutes.

Or

B) Ingest enough fentanyl to raise the level in your blood to 11 ng / mL

Pick one.

(Question more for those unsure about where to place attribution of death...)
Burdizzo
AG
I would rather pay the fine for passing fake currency.
FamousAgg
I just flash my white privilege card
oh no
AG
If my life takes some really bad turns to the point that I end up being arrested multiple times, stay in the hospital for 5 days after almost killing myself with a drug overdose, and go try to buy cigarettes with my dealers with poorly made fake currency, I hope my family tries to take care of me before a police officer does.
Good Poster
AG
Knee on back of neck does not restrict breathing. No signs of asphyxia. 140 pound Derek Chauvin. Three times lethal dose of fentanyl. Overdoses two months earlier and was in hospital for 5 days.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

When you say neighbor do you mean cellmate? Derek Chauvin is in a cage right now.....
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
aginlakeway
AG
LDA9336 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

When you say neighbor do you mean cellmate? Derek Chauvin is in a cage right now.....

Yep. Right with all the other criminals cops do a great job of arresting.

I'm so glad you support your local police and and understand their primary role: arresting criminals.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
aginlakeway
AG
By the way ... you accused fellow TexAgs posters of being "bootlickers" because they indicated they thought Chauvin should not have ben convicted of murder.

What did you mean by that? And why can't someone have a different opinion that you without being called names or insulted?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
aginlakeway said:

By the way ... you accused fellow TexAgs posters of being "bootlickers" because they indicated they thought Chauvin should not have ben convicted of murder.

What did you mean by that? And why can't someone have a different opinion that you without being called names or insulted?
Bootlicker: noun. someone who would do anything like a lapdog to please somebody in the chain of command.

The poster I was responding to implied I was a criminal. How would you like me to respond next time someone attempts a character assassination against me? See the quote below for reference.

"Its not hard to figure out. I am guessing he got "wrongfully" popped once with something he wasn't supposed to have and to this day can't admit responsibility."
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
aginlakeway
AG
LDA9336 said:

aginlakeway said:

Bootlicker: noun. someone who would do anything like a lapdog to please somebody in the chain of command.

The poster I was responding to implied I was a criminal. How would you like me to respond next time someone attempts a character assassination against me? See the quote below for reference.

"Its not hard to figure out. I am guessing he got "wrongfully" popped once with something he wasn't supposed to have and to this day can't admit responsibility."

OK. So because that poster indicated that you may have had a history with cops, you think he "would do anything like a lapdog to please someone in the chain of command?" How do you know that?

Unsure how you should have responded. Maybe by silence. Attempted character assassinations are pretty common on anonymous message boards.
aginlakeway
AG
LDA9336 said:

aginlakeway said:

So I assume you've voiced your appreciation for what that cop did to save that girl's life in Ohio ... the girl who was about to get knifed, And no, saying the cop did a good job does not make you a bootlicker.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
aginlakeway said:

LDA9336 said:

aginlakeway said:

So I assume you've voiced your appreciation for what that cop did to save that girl's life in Ohio ... the girl who was about to get knifed, And no, saying the cop did a good job does not make you a bootlicker.
Ohio was definitely a good shoot. That girl was going to be butchered alive had the cop not intervened.
aginlakeway
AG
LDA9336 said:

aginlakeway said:

LDA9336 said:

aginlakeway said:

Ohio was definitely a good shoot. That girl was going to be butchered alive had the cop not intervened.

Agree. Great job by that cop!
G Gordon Liddy
LDA9336 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Damn you are a dumbas*
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
G Gordon Liddy said:

LDA9336 said:

DeangeloVickers said:

Damn you are a dumbas*

Tell us, where do you think Derek Chauvin is?
Good Poster
AG
Derek Chauvin used a MPD approved restraint and George Floyd had zero signs of neck injury nor signs of asphyxia. Literally no evidence to show knee was cause of death.
Law361
AG
Another piece of evidence for the mistrial?
titan
S

"another piece" ----- ? Is this a different juror?
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
aginlakeway
AG
I think that was from an alternate. But still ...
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
How soon can Chauvin be cleared & set free from his cage? I'm not ashamed to admit I'm not familiar with the criminal justice system in Minnesota.
HoustonAg2106
AG
LDA9336 said:

How soon can Chauvin be cleared & set free from his cage? I'm not ashamed to admit I'm not familiar with the criminal justice system in Minnesota.

He's not going anywhere, even if he gets another trial it will be the same outcome with the same problems
hurricanejake02
AG
Hawg, curious to get your thoughts on Mark Weaver's Newsweek piece comparing this trial to that of Dr. Sam Sheppard (source material for "The Fugitive").

https://www.newsweek.com/why-derek-chauvins-guilty-verdict-may-overturned-supreme-court-opinion-1585401

Initial thoughts based on the comparisons he made are strikingly similar, I guess you have to question how far this has to get appealed before you find someone willing to stand up to the political pressures.
aggiehawg
AG
hurricanejake02 said:

Hawg, curious to get your thoughts on Mark Weaver's Newsweek piece comparing this trial to that of Dr. Sam Sheppard (source material for "The Fugitive").

https://www.newsweek.com/why-derek-chauvins-guilty-verdict-may-overturned-supreme-court-opinion-1585401

Initial thoughts based on the comparisons he made are strikingly similar, I guess you have to question how far this has to get appealed before you find someone willing to stand up to the political pressures.
I have long compared the circumstances in Chauvin to the Sam Sheppard case. And I think the similarities are sufficient for SCOTUS to consider revisiting it in light of today's technology.

While I'm here, file this under a day late and a dollar short.

Quote:

The judge who presided over Derek Chauvin's murder trial ordered that the names of the jurors who handed down guilty verdicts against the former Minneapolis police officer remain secret until further notice.

In court documents made public on Friday, Hennepin County Judge Peter Cahill ordered that the jurors' identities be sealed for at least six months, citing concerns over possible unwanted publicity or harassment if their identities were made public.

The order will keep under wraps a list of the jury members who found Chauvin guilty of all three counts he faced, as well as their profiles and questionnaires, and the identities of alternate jurors.
Link
aggiehawg
AG
More about the Judge's order filed yesterday.

Quote:

On Friday afternoon, days after Derek Chauvin was found guilty of all three counts in the death of George Floyd, Judge Peter Cahill ordered the names of the jurors to be sealed for no sooner than 180 days, the Hill reported.

Such concerns are not unfounded when court documents warn that lawyers have received "unprecedented levels of emails regarding the case" which were "frequently of incendiary, inflammatory, and threatening [in] nature." The Court received "unprecedented levels" of emails, and phone calls, as well.

Because of this, the Court found that "continuing restrictions on public disclosure of the jurors' identities remain necessary to protect those jurors desiring to remain anonymous from unwanted publicity or harassment."

The court document signed by Judge Cahill on Friday noted the media attention the case got. "The levels of media and public interest in this case have, if anything, increased since the Juror Anonymity Order was filed," it read," with "Media coverage of this trial [having been] ubiquitous and omnipresent."

Link

Order is Here
aggiehawg
AG
So now, authorities are going back into Dr. Fowler's files when he was ME in Maryland.

Quote:

The former head medical examiner who testified that police officer Derek Chauvin did not kill [url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/us-race-relations/index.html]George Floyd[[/url] will be have seventeen years worth of his in-custody death reports independently reviewed, officials have announced.

Dr. David Fowler testified that the primary cause of Floyd's death was a sudden heart rhythm disturbance during police restraint due to underlying heart disease, contradicting several experts who said Floyd died due to a lack of oxygen.

He also said that Floyds drug use and exposure to carbon monoxide from the police car contributed to his death.
Quote:

Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh made the review announcement Friday, a day after receiving a letter from former Washington DC medical examiner Roger A. Mitchell that was signed by 431 doctors from around the country.

The letter said Fowler's testimony and conclusions were outside the bounds of accepted forensic practice and all of his previous work should be questioned, The Baltimore Sun reported.

Frosh agreed and said in a statement on Friday, 'It is appropriate for independent experts to review reports issued by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) regarding deaths in custody.'
He said his office is already in talks with the governor's office about how to coordinate the review.
Link

Oh FFS.
DallasAg 94
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
i can't wait for the day that we finally take the fight to these modern day sophists.
aggiehawg
AG
Forget the alternates, we have an actual juror speaking out now.

Quote:

A juror who cast one of the unanimous votes to convict a white former Minneapolis police officer of killing George Floyd said most of deliberations was primarily spent trying to convince one person who was uncertain about part of the jury instructions.

Brandon Mitchell is the first juror that deliberated in Derek Chauvin's trial to talk publicly about his experience. An alternate juror who was dismissed before deliberations, Lisa Christensen, spoke to reporters last week, saying she would have voted to convict Chauvin.

"I felt like it should have been 20 minutes," Mitchell, 31, said of the deliberations, which led to Chauvin's conviction April 20 on all counts: second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.
So no actual deliberation-confirmed.

Quote:

Mitchell, who is Black, told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Wednesday that much of the time in deliberations was spent going over terminology and "making sure we understood what exactly was being asked." The identities of jurors and alternates are protected under a judge's order.

"I think the one juror that was kind of I wouldn't say slowing us down but was being delicate with the process, more so, was just kind of hung up with a few words in the instructions. They wanted to make sure they got it right," Mitchell said.
Because to him the jury instructions were irrelevant??

Quote:

Mitchell, who first shared his story with gospel artist Erica Campbell on her podcast, wrote in his jury questionnaire he wanted to serve as a juror "because of all the protests and everything that happened after the event. This is the most historic case of my lifetime, and I would love to be a part of it."
Should have been dismissed by Cahill.

Quote:

Mitchell speculated that he was picked for the jury because he was mild mannered. He said the images during the trial trouble him.

"It was just dark. It felt like every day was a funeral and watching someone die every day," Mitchell told CNN. "It was tense every day. I wasn't nervous, but it was stressful. It was a lot of pressure."
Quote:

Mitchell told "Good Morning America" that he didn't think the jury was affected by tensions in Minneapolis or concerns about what effect their verdicts would have. Floyd's death triggered worldwide protests, violence and a furious reexamination of racism and policing in the U.S.

"We weren't watching the news, so we don't know what was going on. We were really just locked in on the case. There was so much stress coming through the case. Those things are so secondary because you're literally, throughout the trial you're watching someone die on a daily basis. That stress alone is enough to take your mind away from whatever's going on outside of the four walls of the courtroom," he said.
But wait there's more!

Quote:

Mitchell also said he thought Chauvin hurt himself by choosing not to testify.

"It probably was to his detriment that he didn't take the stand because people were curious on what his thoughts were throughout the entire incident," he said.

Now we know why the jury instructions did not matter to him as the jury was specifically instructed that was not a consideration they were permitted to make.

Link
P.H. Dexippus
AG
I assume Nelson & Co. are paying attention and hoping more jurors speak out about their misconduct.
aginlakeway
AG
Mitchell, who first shared his story with gospel artist Erica Campbell on her podcast, wrote in his jury questionnaire he wanted to serve as a juror "because of all the protests and everything that happened after the event. This is the most historic case of my lifetime, and I would love to be a part of it."

Yep. He should have been dismissed for this if that's what was written on his jury questionnaire.

No way this was a fair trial.
Good Poster
AG
SHAM.
gbaby23
AG

Quite the jury they had
Saint Pablo
aginlakeway said:

Yep. He should have been dismissed for this if that's what was written on his jury questionnaire.

No way this was a fair trial.
He wasn't paying attention to anything or watching the news, how did he know it would be the most historic case of his lifetime?
Keegan99
AG
Told y'all this was lost at voir dire.

All the experts. All the testimony. None of it mattered.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.