Meghan Markle just called the Royal Family racists on Oprah

29,941 Views | 358 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ABATTBQ11
Verne Lundquist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This is the conversation from the raging communists/anti-monarchy channel

The old dude said what I said. She wanted to be an activist and be royal. Couldn't do it. All hell breaks loose
C@LAg
there is a reason why Diana is still talked about today, 25 years since her death, and why MM will be a footnote to history.
Valhalla
Tanya 93 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Many of those are more of a stretch, like they wore a similar color and style. These are detail for detail redos.

Engagement and other rings can be passed down. It's fairly common.

They are so very different!

I think MM thought this would be a fairy tale and reality slapped her in the face. Especially when she doesn't know the customs and rules of the royalty or upper class in England

So they bailed

Only one of these women actually is a good person though and pays real homage to the past and the position. Kate is respectful, MM is not. You can tell by the facial expression alone. Kate smiles while MM grimaces at best.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Eh. The Crown. The weddings. Princess Diana. The royal babies. Women especially eat this stuff up.
My mother-in-law went to Princess Di's wedding, but not ours.
CanyonAg77
AG
Tanya 93 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

Many of those are more of a stretch, like they wore a similar color and style. These are detail for detail redos.

I think MM thought this would be a fairy tale and reality slapped her in the face. Especially when she doesn't know the customs and rules of the royalty or upper class in England

So they bailed

Am I the only one that thinks it's creepy as hell that's she dressing like her husband's dead mother?
Tanya 93
Valhalla said:

Tanya 93 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

So they bailed

Only one of these women actually is a good person though and pays real homage to the past and the position. Kate is respectful, MM is not. You can tell by the facial expression alone. Kate smiles while MM grimaces at best.
I have never remotely implied something unkind about the Duchess of Cambridge.

Just that the similar outfits thing is not unique to the Meghan Markle.

Criticize her on something real instead of this channeling Diana thing
ABATTBQ11
AG
Tanya 93 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

So they bailed

The first one is for ceremonies in remembrance of WWI IIRC. That's why they have the poppy brooch and black. That's basically what they're going to wear every year.

The second one is admittedly very similar, though it's really just a pink coat/dress with black buttons. The others... Huge stretch. Some of those are traditional garments in regions that they wore in places they both visited (6 & 7). The hat in 6 is a traditional hat in Pakistan that Kate wore on a trip to Pakistan. Others are only vaguely similar (3, 5, 7, & 8) and are a super stretch. Hell, #3 is really just, "They both wore white and a hat." The last one is, "She wore a red houndstooth dress. Diana wore a red houndstooth something once." Yep. Totes trying to look like her.
rgag12
AG
titan said:

Quote:

The Americanized former royals engaging in the most modern of American pastimes for celebrities and wannabe celebrities: claiming victimhood.
Greatness. Applicable in so many headlines today.

It's the only way they can legitimize their grotesque, and in most cases undeserved, wealth. It's a cowards way to make themselves feel better
CoachtobeNamed$$$
BigRobSA said:

thirdcoast said:

How dark will the child's skin be?

Probably not near as dark as the average blonde hair blue eyed 100% white surfer. Meghan isn't even the type of biracial you assume as black. She has pale skin, narrow nose, and straight hair looking more latin or mideastern. Probably why she is flexing so hard with the woke stuff....finally a chance to really be seen as black.

Never knew (read: gave a ****) she was even remotely "mixed".

I'm half-and-half, my son is a quarter. He looks white as ****. I expected nothing less with his white ass mom.

Is she as black as Warren is Indian (feather, not dot)?
snowdog90
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Eh. The Crown. The weddings. Princess Diana. The royal babies. Women especially eat this stuff up.
My mother-in-law went to Princess Di's wedding, but not ours.

Hmmm. Sounds like you got the best end of that deal.
aggiehawg
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Valhalla said:

Tanya 93 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

So they bailed

I have never remotely implied something unkind about the Duchess of Cambridge.

Just that the similar outfits thing is not unique to the Meghan Markle.

Criticize her on something real instead of this channeling Diana thing

I have steered clear of this thread because frankly I don't GAS but if you want a real criticism of Meghan, here goes.

If she is dating a British royal and has even the faintest illusion she might marry him, shouldn't she make every effort to please him, learn as much as she can (use google for instance) to anticipate any landmines in protocol that are there? Did she not know the name of his mother and how she died?? Did she not know of his mother's struggles within the royal family?

Is she that stupid? Okay, we'll go with that.

What is Harry's excuse for throwing that stupid of a woman into the lion pit without a whip, chair nor even a pith helmet, jodhpurs and riding boots? Of all people, he should be attuned to what his mother endured and would have wanted a woman he supposedly loves not to walk in blind into such a situation?

Or maybe they are both that stupid, rich and don't GAF?

John Prine comes to mind. (R.I.P.) Harry Meghan in one song.

tFast
AG
Only an intersectional zealot could become a pampered princess and still claim oppression.
BigRobSA
C@LAg said:

there is a reason why Diana is still talked about today, 25 years since her death, and why MM will be a footnote to history.
She's all white? - MM
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
aggiehawg
AG
Who is Harry's father? Prince Charles? Or not?

Red hair goes way back to Henry VIII and his daughter by Anne Boleyn, a/k/a Elizabeth I. Another redhead until she lost her hair from the portraits.

Within the House of Windsor, when was the last time there was (recessive gene) a true red head? I can't find one.

Anyone??
Tanya 93
aggiehawg said:

Red hair goes way back to Henry VIII and his daughter by Anne Boleyn, a/k/a Elizabeth I. Another redhead until she lost her hair from the portraits.

Within the House of Windsor, when was the last time there was (recessive gene) a true red head? I can't find one.

Anyone??
There are many pictures of the Spenser family with the same coloring as him
The red hair of Henry VIII or Elizabeth I would have no bearing on Prince Harry's hair though because the Windsors are not a descendent of either one
aggiehawg
AG
Tanya 93 said:

aggiehawg said:

Anyone??
The red hair of Henry VIII or Elizabeth I would have no bearing on Prince Harry's hair though because the Windsors are not a descendent of either one
Bingo!!

Post the pictures of the current royal family within the direct genetic line who has naturally occurring red hair. (Fergie doesn't count.)
Tanya 93
aggiehawg said:

Tanya 93 said:

aggiehawg said:

Anyone??
Bingo!!

Post the pictures of the current royal family within the direct genetic line who has naturally occurring red hair. (Fergie doesn't count.)
There are already pictures of this on the thread
YouBet
AG
I can't wait to see the behind the scenes of this interview on The Crown S9.
Baby Billy
AG
Markle was pretty hot in Suits
Baby Billy
AG
I love when he said that he was cut off financially and that he was "only concerned about having enough money to pay for security"

Rigggghhhhttt
Verne Lundquist
AG
Harry's cousins the Spencer sisters are hot AF
https://instagr.am/p/CFZdVVAht32
https://instagr.am/p/CL9LiGOpTMi
They must not be as inbred as Harry's line Saxe-coburg and Gothe
YouBet
AG
ehrmantraut said:

I love when he said that he was cut off financially and that he was "only concerned about having enough money to pay for security"

Rigggghhhhttt

Lamented about living in Tyler Perry's home. Now Lives in $14M mansion.

It's pretty terrible.
jrdaustin
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Rigggghhhhttt
The interesting part of that is that Harry should have seen the allowance thing coming. Edward, a former KING, had his allowance cut after abdicating the throne and taking off with Wallace Simpson.

Who cut his allowance? QE2.
CanyonAg77
AG
QEII was a child when he abdicated. Makes no sense
bmks270
AG
Even royalty deals with the same family drama as the peasants, only the money and power probably amplifies the greed and backstabbing.

Sometimes I dream about ultra wealthy lifestyle, but the tabloids at the grocery checkout give me gratitude for my stable family.

Not that some people haven't achieved both, but it sure seems the ultra wealthy don't have great family relationships.

One of my family members has a strong life long friendship with the sibling of an A/B list actor (SAG awards, golden globe and Emmy nominations), and the family is extremely dysfunctional and they are all estranged from each other. It seems like this is common in Hollywood.

YouBet
AG
bmks270 said:

Even royalty deals with the same family drama as the peasants, only the money and power probably amplifies the greed and backstabbing.

Sometimes I dream about ultra wealthy lifestyle, but the tabloids at the grocery checkout give me gratitude for my stable family.

Not that some people haven't achieved both, but it sure seems the ultra wealthy don't have great family relationships.

One of my family members has a strong life long friendship with the sibling of an A/B list actor (SAG awards, golden globe and Emmy nominations), and the family is extremely dysfunctional and they are all estranged from each other. It seems like this is common in Hollywood.

The ego, hubris, elitism, and sacrifices (moral and otherwise) made to get to that point would do in many families, so it's not surprising. The primary examples I can think of where the families are successful is when the primary actor in the marriage (or both) move out of LA or NY and/or greatly curtail or quit their acting frequency.
nortex97
AG
Still the only prince I ever gave a damn about...

And even still, he was a bit of a weirdo, to say the least.

C@LAg
Damn. They brought down Piers Morgan.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/mar/09/ofcom-investigating-gmb-piers-morgan-comments-harry-meghan-sussexes

Piers Morgan to leave Good Morning Britain after Meghan row

Decision to quit follows Ofcom launching investigation after receiving more than 40,000 complaints

Piers Morgan has quit as co-host of ITV's breakfast show Good Morning Britain after critical remarks he made about the Duchess of Sussex's mental health prompted an on-air row with a colleague and an Ofcom investigation.

Pressure had mounted on Morgan since he made the comments on Monday's edition of the show, which followed the airing of Meghan and Prince Harry's tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey in the US on Sunday night.

Ofcom had received more than 41,000 complaints about his behaviour by Tuesday evening, prompting the broadcasting regulator to launch an investigation into whether the comments broke the UK broadcasting code relating to harm and offence.

On the one hand, he deserves it overall for being a ginormous jackass.
But for being brought down by this.... pathetic.
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
third coast.. said:

I thought they weren't allowed to use their royal titles anymore, so basically she is a JAG.
Jewish Ass Grabber?
Squadron7
AG
YouBet
AG
C@LAg said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/mar/09/ofcom-investigating-gmb-piers-morgan-comments-harry-meghan-sussexes

Decision to quit follows Ofcom launching investigation after receiving more than 40,000 complaints

Piers Morgan has quit as co-host of ITV's breakfast show Good Morning Britain after critical remarks he made about the Duchess of Sussex's mental health prompted an on-air row with a colleague and an Ofcom investigation.

Pressure had mounted on Morgan since he made the comments on Monday's edition of the show, which followed the airing of Meghan and Prince Harry's tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey in the US on Sunday night.

Ofcom had received more than 41,000 complaints about his behaviour by Tuesday evening, prompting the broadcasting regulator to launch an investigation into whether the comments broke the UK broadcasting code relating to harm and offence.

Amazing. So, Markel filed a complaint and got him out of there. Guess she still has some power despite her own whiny ass saying she was ostracized.

Also like this. Basically, the guy is saying you can't question black people if they claim racism. Same mentality as "believe all women". Nothing can be questioned. We are now just forced to accept whatever claim a non-white male says no matter what.

Quote:

Beresford later tweeted of the discussion, in which he had also shared some of his own experiences of racism: "I wish I had the privilege to sit on the fence. In order for me to do that I would have to strip myself of my identity and that's not something I can do. It's not any of our places to pick apart claims of racism in order to make us to feel more comfortable."
StandUpforAmerica
Tanya 93
YouBet said:

C@LAg said:

Amazing. So, Markel filed a complaint and got him out of there. Guess she still has some power despite her own whiny ass saying she was ostracized.

Also like this. Basically, the guy is saying you can't question black people if they claim racism. Same mentality as "believe all women". Nothing can be questioned. We are now just forced to accept whatever claim a non-white male says no matter what.

Quote:

Beresford later tweeted of the discussion, in which he had also shared some of his own experiences of racism: "I wish I had the privilege to sit on the fence. In order for me to do that I would have to strip myself of my identity and that's not something I can do. It's not any of our places to pick apart claims of racism in order to make us to feel more comfortable."

I don't think Markle made any complaint.

He has been on an ugly, offensive attack for years.

They chatted privately thru social media and after she met him in person, she stopped talking to him.

He never got over that and used his Twitter and his morning TV slot to constantly insult and attack
C@LAg
Tanya 93 said:

I don't think Markle made any complaint.

He has been on an ugly, offensive attack for years.

They chatted privately thru social media and after she met him in person, she stopped talking to him.

He never got over that and used his Twitter and his morning TV slot to constantly insult and attack
Her people filed a formal complaint early in the day yesterday before the talks and quitting.

This was confirmed by The Guardian or The Times.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.