Cops Kill Man Who Answered Door Holding A Gun

13,728 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CanyonAg77
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will I see "Say His Name" posted on a lot of Facebook updates?
beerad12man
AG
Wear did I gripe? Where did I mention the media? Do you have another poster in mind that you thought you were arguing with? I said it's murder. I'm sure it will be tried as such.

2.8 million Americans die per year. I can't spend too much time worrying about the probably less than a dozen wrongful police killings. Each one is tragic, but I'm not going to make a difference in any of them. Hope it doesn't happen to me. There's about a 0.000000001% chance it does.

All I can do is vote for what I think will be the best solution for America as a whole. hth.
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
AgsMnn said:

Will I see "Say His Name" posted on a lot of Facebook updates?
Post his name.
TxTarpon

Quote:

They said "Phoenix police" once, outside through a closed door. There is no guarantee he heard them say that.
Especially now with masks on.
Quote:

Opens the door to a flashlight in his face so he can't see who is there. As soon as he does realize, he goes to the ground in submission, and Johnny TriggerFinger shoots him in the back multiple times.

Cop should be fired and prosecuted.

"We get it bro, you hate cops"-A few Texag Posters (one is on this thread)

Yep.
This is where reasonable people start to question law enforcement policies.
Like we saw with Jerry Waller in Fort Worth, Roger Carlos in San Antonio and Richard Black in Aurora, CO: no cops charged. Some not even fired.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Artorias
AG
TxTarpon said:

Quote:

They said "Phoenix police" once, outside through a closed door. There is no guarantee he heard them say that.
Especially now with masks on.
Quote:

Opens the door to a flashlight in his face so he can't see who is there. As soon as he does realize, he goes to the ground in submission, and Johnny TriggerFinger shoots him in the back multiple times.

Cop should be fired and prosecuted.

"We get it bro, you hate cops"-A few Texag Posters (one is on this thread)

Yep.
This is where reasonable people start to question law enforcement policies.
Like we saw with Jerry Waller in Fort Worth, Roger Carlos in San Antonio and Richard Black in Aurora, CO: no cops charged. Some not even fired.
Yeah, there are certainly cases of legitimate police abuse of power, wrongful killings, etc.

The problem is that libs/BLM have spent so much time/effort playing the boy who cried wolf every time a black person is killed by a cop, that the legitimate cases are now dismissed by people as more fear-mongering.
The Catalyst
AG
combat wombat said:

So the guy upstairs called 911 TWICE for a noise complaint? He didn't bother going down and asking his neighbor to keep it down? Now his neighbor is dead.

Do you want to go talk to your neighbor with the gun?
How bout you go back down the hill and get it then?
TxTarpon

Quote:

The problem is that libs/BLM have spent so much time/effort playing the boy who cried wolf every time a black person is killed by a cop, that the legitimate cases are now dismissed by people as more fear-mongering.

I don't know if that is true in that there are specific cases BLM grabs onto, not a blanket behavior-result model.

Even after the liberal DA was voted in a while back for St. Louis (you know the butch chick going after the rich trial lawyers, but not the looters) she revisited the Michael Brown case and COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING TO CHARGE THE POLICE OFFICER WITH. That means "Hands Up, Don't Shoot" was a fantasy scenario that never happened. Still every run of the mill BLM protester and NBA player think it happened. The selectiveness undermines when actual back stuff happens like this and the black police officers killed in BLM violence.
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

titan
S
txyaloo said:

combat wombat said:

So the guy upstairs called 911 TWICE for a noise complaint? He didn't bother going down and asking his neighbor to keep it down? Now his neighbor is dead.
You realize this is 2020, not 1955. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go confront my neighbor about anything. Call me chicken ****, but people are irrational about everything these days. Personally confronting them is likely to escalate the situation. I'll let the police handle it anonymously.
Agree entirely. The press and the government have encouraged insolent behavior and resorting to misconduct with no consequences. Its not at all like how even just before the Millennium.
SirLurksALot
If some one knocks on the door and says "Phoenix police" it's probably not a good idea to open the door aggressively, shout "what", and then walk towards them with a firearm.

Also it wasn't a noice complaint. It was a domestic disturbance. Here's an article from a non biased source, instead of the one from "panic news".

" Police responded to an apartment complex on Desert Foothills Drive in Ahwatukhee around 11 p.m. on May 21. The department had received two phone calls earlier that night about an argument between a woman and a man, later identified as Whitaker, at a nearby residence.

"I can tell that they're just at each other's throats down there," the caller said.

When a second call came through alleging the dispute had turned physical, Thompson said Phoenix police upgraded the call to an emergency response. In the audio from the call, however, the 911 caller sounded unsure if the fight had escalated into violence."

"It could be physical," the caller said. "I could say yeah, does that make anybody hurry up or get over here any faster?" The caller said they heard doors slamming and "all kinds of banging."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/5445779002

The fact the he answered the door so quickly with the gun probably means he already had the gun out during the domestic disturbance.
UTExan
TxTarpon said:

That is a different take from you.
No, it isn't. I was adamant that the officer with the AR who shot the civilian on his knees in the Arizona hotel should be prosecuted. He wasn't.

But TBH, I am also very anti-criminal.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
PA24
AG
PneumAg said:

I'm not blaming the victim because i think this is entirely on the cops. I hate cops who do this chicken **** bull****

But for me personally, if I'm not expecting somebody and I get a knock on my door at 11 p.m., I am definitely not answering. If it's the cops, they can announce themselves through the door.

..we are becoming a police state.

Home is the castle or it use to be.
Win At Life
AG
They announced they were police through the door, but there's a good chance he didn't hear that or believe it. But with that uncertainty you do not step out toward the police who are virtually within arms reach holding a gun in your hand. It looks like he put it back down on his right hip and the cop on the right side couldn't tell if he was pointing it at his partner or not. Would be a horrible thing to watch your partner, who trusts you, to get murdered while you're standing there in a position to keep that from happening and did nothing. Bad deal all around, but I think it's highly unlikely the cops will get much legal trouble over this (and probably rightly so).
annie88
AG
Jimmy McNulty said:

Why in the world would they shoot him in this scenario?...if he's going to the ground with hand in the air?

Yep.
annie88
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

He's white, so none of this matters.

Yep.
BigRobSA
UTExan said:

TxTarpon said:

That is a different take from you.
No, it isn't. I was adamant that the officer with the AR who shot the civilian on his knees in the Arizona hotel should be prosecuted. He wasn't.

But TBH, I am also very anti-criminal.
Of course you are....Hitler!
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Toptierag2018
Ubitag said:

PneumAg said:

I'm not blaming the victim because i think this is entirely on the cops. I hate cops who do this chicken **** bull****

But for me personally, if I'm not expecting somebody and I get a knock on my door at 11 p.m., I am definitely not answering. If it's the cops, they can announce themselves through the door.

Yes. WE NEED MORE POLICE REGULATIONS
Sims
AG
Win At Life said:

They announced they were police through the door, but there's a good chance he didn't hear that or believe it. But with that uncertainty you do not step out toward the police who are virtually within arms reach holding a gun in your hand.
Just to play devils advocate - he could have thought someone knocked and took off running just to prank him. It could happen every night for all we know and he could be sick of it.

The officers hiding out of sight lines certainly didn't help his ability to ID anyone. Nor did the purposefully disorienting light in his face.

He had no chance.
waitwhat?
The cop with the body cam talking to the girlfriend is a real POS as well. He shows zero emotion or remorse and is just telling her how its the guy's fault and what can you expect.

Fire the cop with the camera and throw the other one in prison.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
BigRobSA
Win At Life said:

They announced they were police through the door, but there's a good chance he didn't hear that or believe it. But with that uncertainty you do not step out toward the police who are virtually within arms reach holding a gun in your hand. It looks like he put it back down on his right hip and the cop on the right side couldn't tell if he was pointing it at his partner or not. Would be a horrible thing to watch your partner, who trusts you, to get murdered while you're standing there in a position to keep that from happening and did nothing. Bad deal all around, but I think it's highly unlikely the cops will get much legal trouble over this (and probably rightly so).
Oh lawd...

He took one step out so he could see who the **** was knocking on his door at 11pm at night. The cops had their portable suns shining in his face for some reason. Sorry, door gets knocked on, for no reason, at 11pm, I'm grabbing a gun, too. Especially in apartments.

As soon as he reailzed it was the police, he went to get on the ground and dropped his weapon and was (literally) holding up his hand in the "don't murder me, please" position.

Absolutely nothing in either of those POV videos shows anythiing that a non-trained person should fear, let alone a (supposedly) trained officer.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
TxTarpon

Quote:

Of course you are....Hitler!
I wouldn't go that far.
He does pile posters that post about bad apples as "anti-cop".
He pulled that crap on my earlier this week.

-BarronVonAwesome

BigRobSA
Toptierag2018 said:

Ubitag said:

PneumAg said:

Yes. WE NEED MORE POLICE REGULATIONS
Oh STFU, there are already "regulations" against murder.
CanyonAg77
AG
Romello said:

Sux to die like that but something about being an inconsiderate arsehole and Karma.
Karma for loud noise is death?

Glad I'm not a Hindu.
hurricanejake02
AG
Artorias said:

...from outside, through a closed door, in response to a noise complaint. No justification for believing that announcement was heard by anyone inside.

Then hide so you can't be identified before the door is opened.

Then blind the man answering the door with a flashlight, delaying his ability to identify you as police.

Then fail to repeat the announcement that you are police. Their commands are "Whoah, hands, put your hands..." BOOM. They didn't even issue a command that could have been followed before the shots are fired.

CanyonAg77
AG
Anyone can bang on the door, say "Police" and hide from the peephole.

Knock on my door at that hour and hide, I'm staying out of the line of fire and asking who it is. If they claim to be police, I'm telling them to wait while I call 911.
TxAg2009WC
AG
Spotted Ag said:

combat wombat said:

**** that neighbor. That guy can DIAF. He is as responsible for that guys death as the dumbass cop that shot him.
If you watch the video, they say that the call was for a DV in progress.
SirLurksALot
hurricanejake02 said:

Artorias said:

...from outside, through a closed door, in response to a noise complaint. No justification for believing that announcement was heard by anyone inside.

Then blind the man answering the door with a flashlight, delaying his ability to identify you as police.

Then fail to repeat the announcement that you are police. Their commands are "Whoah, hands, put your hands..." BOOM. They didn't even issue a command that could have been followed before the shots are fired.

Again it wasn't a noise complaint. It was a domestic disturbance and the complaints thought violence was involved.
Artorias
AG
SirLurksALot said:

The fact the he answered the door so quickly with the gun probably means he already had the gun out during the domestic disturbance.
Objection, complete and total speculation.
SirLurksALot
Artorias said:

SirLurksALot said:

Just like the speculation posted earlier that he was only walking towards the cops to get a better look at them?

Of course it's speculation, this thread is mostly speculation.
Sims
AG
TxAg2012WC said:

Spotted Ag said:

combat wombat said:

**** that neighbor. That guy can DIAF. He is as responsible for that guys death as the dumbass cop that shot him.
Which was a lie because he was upset they hadn't showed up sooner from his first call.
Artorias
AG
SirLurksALot said:

Artorias said:

SirLurksALot said:

Just like the speculation posted earlier that he was only walking towards the cops to get a better look at them?

He didn't "walk towards" the cops. He took one step out his door.
hurricanejake02
AG
SirLurksALot said:

hurricanejake02 said:

Artorias said:

Again it wasn't a noise complaint. It was a domestic disturbance and the complaints thought violence was involved.
I listened to the calls again. The call was in fact upgraded as the officers arrived on scene. The reporting I can find (multiple sources) of the initial 911 call includes the caller complaining that he can't sleep. That is a noise complaint, and how the incident began.

Based on the actual audio of the second call, it's clear (at least after the fact) that the caller said whatever he could to expedite the response time.
SirLurksALot
Sims said:

TxAg2012WC said:

Spotted Ag said:

combat wombat said:

Which was a lie because he was upset they hadn't showed up sooner from his first call.

Nope. Here's a quote from the first call.

"I can tell that they're just at each other's throats down there," the caller said.

It was always a domestic disturbance.
96ags
AG
TXK said:

AustinAg2012 said:

He's white, so none of this matters.
So say or do something about it. How about that? Instead of moaning that people don't care about injustice against white people, do something. Otherwise don't get salty when other people care and do something when it matters to them.
Why don't you?

Do you not care about white lives yourself?
SirLurksALot
Artorias said:

SirLurksALot said:

Artorias said:

SirLurksALot said:

Which is not how one normally answers a door.
Artorias
AG
SirLurksALot said:

Artorias said:

SirLurksALot said:

Artorias said:

SirLurksALot said:

Which is not how one normally answers a door.
So he deserved to be shot? What is your point here?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.