Cops Kill Man Who Answered Door Holding A Gun

13,604 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by CanyonAg77
bmks270
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Happily playing video games at 11 PM.
There is a knock at the door.
It's late, an odd time for a door knock. You can't see anyone in the peep hole, grab pistol.
It's the cops, one blinds you with a light and the other shoots you in the back before speaking any words.
They were responding to a noise complaint.

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/eye-on-government/watch-phoenix-cops-kill-man-after-responding-to-noise-complaint-over-video-game-AsvFt-AHpkeQlcgNj5qiTA?fbclid=IwAR08ecdfdhJiwDzRjk_NUjLk9mDuEUfCOIHgHKrahoZ7Y3hUQYqoAdaBPOA

Why do cops knock on doors like this? With a blinding flash light for a noise complaint?

Mike Elko
AG
He's white, so none of this matters.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Why in the world would they shoot him in this scenario?...if he's going to the ground with hand in the air?
powerbelly
AG
Holy **** that was terrible police work.
Sid Farkas
AG
Dont aggressively answer your door by walking out with a gun in your hand esp when you hear the cops announcing themselves before you open?

this guy didnt handle the situation right at all. he gave the cops all the fear/reason they needed to overreact

of course, if the decedent was black the story would be completely different
Paradise Ag
AG

Now that's a bad Police shooting.

All Lives Matter.
aggiehawg
AG
Ugh! That was a very bad shoot.
PneumAg
I'm not blaming the victim because i think this is entirely on the cops. I hate cops who do this chicken **** bull****

But for me personally, if I'm not expecting somebody and I get a knock on my door at 11 p.m., I am definitely not answering. If it's the cops, they can announce themselves through the door.
combat wombat™
AG
So the guy upstairs called 911 TWICE for a noise complaint? He didn't bother going down and asking his neighbor to keep it down? Now his neighbor is dead.
BigRobSA
Murderers
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
titan
S

Once again, incentivize a program to design and build a fairly long range stun weapon of some kind. They are working on riot control one on big scale, but just some kind of thing with about 15 yard or more range that they could use instead of a gun. There is not much normal incentive from the military R&D side to wait on because there is not much need for non-lethal in war--- -that is why probably needs to be `spurred'.
Post removed:
by user
UTExan
This seems to be a real problem with some Arizona police, and maybe Phoenix in particular.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Spotted Ag
AG
combat wombat said:

So the guy upstairs called 911 TWICE for a noise complaint? He didn't bother going down and asking his neighbor to keep it down? Now his neighbor is dead.
**** that neighbor. That guy can DIAF. He is as responsible for that guys death as the dumbass cop that shot him.
Sims
AG
Spotted Ag said:

combat wombat said:

**** that neighbor. That guy can DIAF. He is as responsible for that guys death as the dumbass cop that shot him.
He certainly put the chain of events in motion but I only see one person pulling the trigger to shoot a man in the back as he was falling to his knees to submit.

Agree with previous posters, this is terrible police work.
Post removed:
by user
Picard
AG
Serious question. What happens if you don't answer the door when the cops show up for a noise complaint?

Surely they wouldn't breach for that. And if they leave a citation without seeing you, what proof is there that you were even there?
powerbelly
AG
Picard said:

Serious question. What happens if you don't answer the door when the cops show up for a noise complaint?

Surely they wouldn't breach for that. And if they leave a citation without seeing you, what proof is there that you were even there?

College Station PD will send officers out the next day to write the ticket if you don't answer the door that night.

They had no problem writing me a ticket even though I wasn't home the night before.
cbr
AG
titan said:

Once again, incentivize a program to design and build a fairly long range stun weapon of some kind. They are working on riot control one on big scale, but just some kind of thing with about 15 yard or more range that they could use instead of a gun. There is not much normal incentive from the military R&D side to wait on because there is not much need for non-lethal in war--- -that is why probably needs to be `spurred'.
the absolute last thing a free country can afford is advanced 'non lethal' control by cops.
End Of Message
AG
So hard to watch. All lives matter.
93MarineHorn
Quote:

Quote:

When I was going thru my divorce I temporarily moved into an apartment. My next door neighbor was a guy in his mid 20's. At least once a week I would be awakened after midnight to music booming thru the paper thin wall separating us. It was always a weekday night and I had to be to work at 7am later that morning. At least three times I got dressed and knocked on his door. He'd say "sorry about that 'bro" and turn it down for the night. I explained my situation and asked if he could please keep it down on weekday nights. He'd say "no problem" and then crank it up a few days later.

Some people are thoughtless, selfish dipsh/ts that simply don't care.
Stat Monitor Repairman
FInga on the trigga
Some ****** wonder why
When you livin' in the ghetto its do or die
Romello
Sux to die like that but something about being an inconsiderate arsehole and Karma.
beerad12man
AG
Yep, that's straight up murder. Guy had no clue what was going on, opened his door, blinded, and murdered.
Signel
AG
No one wants to be a cop.. virtually no support anymore. No one wants to answer the door late at night in this country right now without a gun...

What could possibly go wrong?
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
AustinAg2012 said:

He's white, so none of this matters.
So say or do something about it. How about that? Instead of moaning that people don't care about injustice against white people, do something. Otherwise don't get salty when other people care and do something when it matters to them.
TxTarpon

Quote:

Why do cops knock on doors like this?

Because they can.
Quote:

With a blinding flash light for a noise complaint?
They want to see what they are dealing with.

(Cue haTmflAg's back the blue at all costs posts and blame the victim post)
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
OldArmyBrent
AG
If you want a poster child for better training, this is it, not a guy who died of a fentanyl overdose. Why is this horrible shoot not even brought up in the media? Absolute horse*****
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
OldArmyBrent said:

If you want a poster child for better training, this is it, not a guy who died of a fentanyl overdose. Why is this horrible shoot not even brought up in the media? Absolute horse*****
It's literally in the media. That's how you know about it. If you're angry about it, do something. Say something.
TxTarpon
That is a different take from you.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
beerad12man
AG
Like what? Burn down a city?

I think just about everyone wants better training and protocol for police, along with having to face the consequences of their actions.
Artorias
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Dont aggressively answer your door by walking out with a gun in your hand esp when you hear the cops announcing themselves before you open?

this guy didnt handle the situation right at all. he gave the cops all the fear/reason they needed to overreact

of course, if the decedent was black the story would be completely different
They said "Phoenix police" once, outside through a closed door. There is no guarantee he heard them say that.

Opens the door to a flashlight in his face so he can't see who is there. As soon as he does realize, he goes to the ground in submission, and Johnny TriggerFinger shoots him in the back multiple times.

Cop should be fired and prosecuted.
doubledog
Paradise Ag said:

Now that's a bad Police shooting.

All Lives Matter.
GLM : Gamer's Lives Matter
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
beerad12man said:

Like what? Burn down a city?

I think just about everyone wants better training and protocol for police, along with having to face the consequences of their actions.
So what are you doing or saying about it other than griping on a message board? Again, only here because it's in the media. So you don't even get to complain that it's not in the media. Call somebody. Write somebody. Protest somewhere.
txyaloo
AG
combat wombat said:

You realize this is 2020, not 1955. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to go confront my neighbor about anything. Call me chicken ****, but people are irrational about everything these days. Personally confronting them is likely to escalate the situation. I'll let the police handle it anonymously.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.