Shooting in Las Vegas

882,894 Views | 4892 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BMX Bandit
MouthBQ98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coming in at a shallow angle into a densely packed crowd, single bullets probably hit multiple individuals as they passed through one and hit someone beyond.
eric76
AG
annie88 said:

That was actually a very popular way to kill people back then. Hung, Drawn and quartered disemboweled.
We need more crowd participation in executions.
CanyonAg77
AG
Presley OBannons Sword said:

scottimus said:

The fact that he took a corner room and set up platforms and cameras. There is training involved.
what training does that require? I'm not trying to be a dick, but everyone is so sure he had training, and I see nothing done here that proves he had training. taking a corner room with a lot of windows and setting up a stable platform is common sense for anyone that has seen a movie.
fify
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Around 15 minutes.
Oh, that's a long time with that much firepower and ammo ready to go.
bobbranco
AG
cone said:

here's what i thought it sounded like

but i know nothing

Guy with the AK bump firing definitely had training.

They even trained him how to properly fire the weapon.
The Original AG 76
AG
cone said:

here's what i thought it sounded like

but i know nothing
proof that NO training is required.
Presley OBannons Sword
CanyonAg77 said:

Presley OBannons Sword said:

scottimus said:

The fact that he took a corner room and set up platforms and cameras. There is training involved.
what training does that require? I'm not trying to be a dick, but everyone is so sure he had training, and I see nothing done here that proves he had training. taking a corner room with a lot of windows and setting up a stable platform is common sense for anyone that has seen a movie.
fify
yeah true.
backintexas2013
AG
I have no idea who he is either. What a weird post.
cone
AG
fair enough

not trying to slime the military at all

just considering the sort of discipline, will, and preparation that comes standard in the military that isn't as standard in regular folk

trying to reason out how some regular schlub could get up the nerve to walk to the window and complete a plan that he'd been prepping out for weeks and likely longer
ballchain
ABATTBQ11
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Bobcat06 said:

aggiehawg said:

cone said:

that's staggering

how many rounds did he get off
Was wondering the same. 58-59 mortally wounded and over 500 injured, even if not all of the injuries were GSWs is a lot. I understand it was a crowd but that is accurate shooting. What was the duration of the entire event?
Around 15 minutes.

With around 600 casualties (dead + wounded), that's 40 hits per minutes. Assuming he hit some victims twice and also missed some, that's still very accurate.

He had training.

There were almost 25,000 people there and they were over 500 or so meters away. And he was using an automatic or modified semi-auto weapon. It wouldn't take that much training to cause a disaster.

I think the planning and prep was a little much for someone without some kind of training or experience. This was well thought out and planned well in advance. People don't just decide to do something like this one day and go through that much effort.
AggieHank86
AG
aTmAg said:

CollegeStationAgFan said:

If there was ever any doubt about what a d-bag Dan Bilzerian was.....
I have no idea who that guy is, but what in that story makes him a d-bag?
Blizerian is a self-promoting arse-clown who projects himself as the "man's man." His bravado about going to get a gun and return is purely his schtick.
OnlyForNow
AG
From his video, I counted 42 shots in 8 secs; 5.25 rounds per sec.
White Liberals=The Worst
SpreadsheetAg said:

AggiePetro07 said:

That brother is acting odd.

Obviously, his world just got turned upside down, but still very odd acting.
I am going to guess he's in complete shock... he should never have accepted an interview - even of someone just walking up to him. He should have been protected from the street-interview by family or police even.
What are you guys referencing? Sorry if I overlooked it. Tough to follow this thread completely.
Kenneth_2003
AG
All it takes is attention to detail and a few neurons that aren't wired quite right.
cone
AG
thanks for the feedback, appreciate the information on the event being posted here
CanyonAg77
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

AggiePetro07 said:

I am going to guess he's in complete shock... he should never have accepted an interview - even of someone just walking up to him. He should have been protected from the street-interview by family or police even.
What are you guys referencing? Sorry if I overlooked it. Tough to follow this thread completely.
9:48am post toward the end of page 13
TexasAggie_02
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

AggiePetro07 said:

interview with his brother in florida. it's several pages back
Anonymous Source
S
aTmAg said:

There's a quote at the end: "I'm headed home. There's apparently nothing I can do."
Well, no....you ran and got out with your life. LEOs don't need you to come back and help.
Gig 'Em
bobbranco
AG
OnlyForNow said:

From his video, I counted 42 shots in 8 secs; 5.25 rounds per sec.

AK rate of fire is 600 rounds/min.

For the math deficient 10 rounds/sec.
AggieHank86
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Coming in at a shallow angle into a densely packed crowd, single bullets probably hit multiple individuals as they passed through one and hit someone beyond.
I was thinking about this. He was between 300 and 400 feet elevated, and apparently about 600 feet from the target, Correct? That strikes me as a relatively steep angle. I would be surprised if any bullet hit more than two or perhaps three people. Maybe chest then hip then leg.

Again, there a better experts than me on this forum.
aTmAg
AG

aTmAg said:

There's a quote at the end: "I'm headed home. There's apparently nothing I can do."
Well, no....you ran and got out with your life. LEOs don't need you to come back and help.
Lot's of people ran out with their lives.. Does that make them all d-bags?
White Liberals=The Worst
cone said:

fair enough

not trying to slime the military at all

just considering the sort of discipline, will, and preparation that comes standard in the military that isn't as standard in regular folk

trying to reason out how some regular schlub could get up the nerve to walk to the window and complete a plan that he'd been prepping out for weeks and likely longer
I didn't get the impression you were trying to slime the military at all. I just think it's disturbing what a sick mind can accomplish if they obsess over something long enough. Especially if they are of above average IQ.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I think he was 400-500 yards away.
aggielostinETX
AG
AggieHank86 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I was thinking about this. He was between 30 and 400 feet elevated, and apparently about 600 feet from the target, Correct? That strikes me as a relatively steep angle. I would be surprised if any bullet hit more than two or perhaps three people. Maybe chest then hip then leg.

1000-1500 from target.
CanyonAg77
AG
AggieHank86 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

I was thinking about this. He was between 30 and 400 feet elevated, and apparently about 600 feet from the target, Correct? That strikes me as a relatively steep angle. I would be surprised if any bullet hit more than two or perhaps three people. Maybe chest then hip then leg.

Not an expert, but I think any bullet hitting the ground at that angle would bounce and splinter and cause multiple injuries.
Rapier108
AggieHank86 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Would also depend on the type of ammo he was firing. Ammo which flattens out or breaks up on impact has far less over penetration power. If he was firing FMJ or steel core, that would be more likely to go through someone, depending on where it hit.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
CanyonAg77
AG
aTmAg said:

aTmAg said:

Not unless they told the world that they were headed back in with a gun....
AggieHank86
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

so, that makes it steeper-still.

If this guy were actually an expert, would he not have chosen something down around the 10th or 12th floor, in order to get more through and through shots?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

AggiePetro07 said:

The (alleged) shooter's brother was interviewed:

Quote:

Interview of brother...

Anonymous Source
S
aTmAg said:

aTmAg said:

Certainly not. I'm speaking specifically about those who took the time to Instagram that they were headed back to the scene with a gun, like the Dan Bilzerian signal had been activated.

It's highly unlikely that LVMPD was on the radio clamoring to get Bilzerian there STAT!
Gig 'Em
aTmAg
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

aTmAg said:

aTmAg said:

Not unless they told the world that they were headed back in with a gun....
The shooting only lasted 15 minutes. It easily could have been over at the time of that last video. Getting a gun at that point would have been pointless.
AggieHank86
AG
AggieHank86 said:

aTmAg said:

Blizerian is a self-promoting arse-clown who projects himself as the "man's man." His bravado about going to get a gun and return is purely his schtick.
DannyDuberstein
AG
AggieHank86 said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

so, that makes it steeper-still.

If this guy were actually an expert, would he not have chosen something down around the 10th or 12th floor, in order to get more through and through shots?
I'm not sure he'd have full latitude of picking his exact room. Probably took a fair amount just to get the suite on the right corner. Also have to consider the stage's location. He needs decent elevation or he's screened out from a lot of the audience by both the stage and the stands/structure on the side.
ballchain
First Page Last Page
Page 18 of 140

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.