Who Killed Ananias and Sapphira?

12,813 Views | 346 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PacifistAg
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not to say I am Jesus but did He not run counter to 98 percent?
Zobel
AG
The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth; it is the Body of Christ.

We're not looking for unity in numbers but unity of Faith. We don't look for unity with each other but instead we find unity in Christ, by union with Him. This comes from participation in Grace. Spiritual knowledge and union are one and the same thing.

You can't be in communion with Christ by yourself.
dermdoc
AG
k2aggie07 said:

We're not looking for unity in numbers but unity of Faith. We don't look for unity with each other but instead we find unity in Christ, by union with Him. This comes from participation in Grace. Spiritual knowledge and union are one and the same thing.

Blue star my friend.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
7thGenTexan
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Not saying this is right or wrong because I really don't know what it means. What do you mean by spiritual knowledge and union are the same thing?
Bryanisbest
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Totally agree. I am a member of a church and fellowship with the believers there. They don't agree with me either but they love me and I them.

And I totally agree that without the Holy Spirit a person cannot know the scriptures at all. But I believe the Spirit has used the Bible to teach me what I have espoused above in this thread. That God is Love and does not kill people. That Satan is the killer. That Jesus is exact image of His Father and that 98 percent have rejected this. That we are not under law but under grace. Etc etc
dermdoc
AG
7thGenTexan said:

k2aggie07 said:

Not saying this is right or wrong because I really don't know what it means. What do you mean by spiritual knowledge and union are the same thing?
Making strides as this if the first time you have been at least somewhat conciliatory on this thread.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
7thGenTexan
AG
dermdoc said:

7thGenTexan said:

k2aggie07 said:

Making strides as this if the first time you have been at least somewhat conciliatory on this thread.

I'm not going to be conciliatory with those who claim Jesus' work is actually Satan's. That's not to say I disagree with k2. I just haven't a clue what he means.

From the same chapter as the death of Ananias and Sapphira:
29 But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "We ought to obey God rather than men. 30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. 31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. 32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him."

The established authorities can be very wrong, and the argumentum ad populum has been made by many a servant of naked emperors.

Yet unity in Christ is important and beneficial.

dermdoc
AG
1 Corinthians 9 19-23. Try it some time.
dermdoc
AG
Sounds like you are surrounded by a great church. Prayers for knowledge for all of us.
Bryanisbest
AG
dermdoc said:

Sounds like you are surrounded by a great church. Prayers for knowledge for all of us.

I pray the same for you. Adios guys. I am going to leave you alone on this thread now. I have enjoyed the discourse.
7thGenTexan
AG
dermdoc said:

"When in Rome" doesn't mean agreeing with lies, dermdoc. We don't know for certain how Paul died, but it was most likely by beheading in Rome.

Zobel
AG
7thGenTexan said:

k2aggie07 said:

Because spiritual knowledge is knowledge of God, revelation. God isn't merely true, He is Truth. The only way to find Truth is to find God, and to know God. God didn't give us a book, He gave us Himself, His body the Church, and apostles, who are as one with Him as He is with the Father.

Consider Christ's promise to the Apostles:
Quote:

"When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. "All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you."
And His prayer for us:

Quote:

"I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

"The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. "Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

"O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."
Spiritual knowledge is knowledge of God and of the Truth, and it's not discoverable by our efforts. God is ineffable and unknowable. Knowledge comes by Grace, from Him, and Grace is union with Him.

So... God is the source of knowledge and Truth, and the only way to aspire to Truth is through Him.
7thGenTexan
AG
k2aggie07 said:

7thGenTexan said:

k2aggie07 said:

Because spiritual knowledge is knowledge of God, revelation. God isn't merely true, He is Truth. The only way to find Truth is to find God, and to know God. God didn't give us a book, He gave us Himself, His body the Church, and apostles, who are as one with Him as He is with the Father.

Consider Christ's promise to the Apostles:
Quote:

"When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you. "All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you."
And His prayer for us:

Quote:

"I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

"The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me. "Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

"O righteous Father, although the world has not known You, yet I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me; and I have made Your name known to them, and will make it known, so that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."
Spiritual knowledge is knowledge of God and of the Truth, and it's not discoverable by our efforts. God is ineffable and unknowable. Knowledge comes by Grace, from Him, and Grace is union with Him.

So... God is the source of knowledge and Truth, and the only way to aspire to Truth is through Him.

I certainly agree that union with Christ is the way to knowledge.
dermdoc
AG
7thGenTexan said:

dermdoc said:

"When in Rome" doesn't mean agreeing with lies, dermdoc. We don't know for certain how Paul died, but it was most likely by beheading in Rome.

I do not know what that has to do with any of the discussion here but you were upset with retired ag before you honed in on the "lies" of Bryan. To me it appears you really get upset whenever somebody has a different interpretation of Scripture than you because there are no nuances. It is all black and white.

And the internet Christian bullying of Bryan on here in the name of "righteousness" disgusts me. Compare your posts to k2's. Is it about you or Christ?

Have a good night.
AgLiving06
7thGenTexan said:

AgLiving06 said:

Bryanisbest said:

AgLiving06 said:

Bryanisbest said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Bryanisbest said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Quote:

I have enjoyed the joust MQB but I will have to stop answering your questions based on what Retired Ag posted to me earlier in this thread. God bless you, Sir
yah, when RetiredAg gets backed into a corner, he does the same thing. Blessings and have a terrific day!
Somehow I suspect you really don't want me to have a blessed and terrific day. And that is okay. I pray you will come to know how much God loves you right now and forever.
I'll never know that and neither will you.

We can continue our conversation, though. I'm interested to learn how Satan told Abraham to kill Isaac and the writer of Hebrews commends Abraham for believing him.

Answer: In the same way God commended Job in Job 42 for his faith even though it was not God, but Satan, who actually tested and tempted Job throughout the book of Job.

There's a logical flaw here though.

Your claim boils down to the OT being wrong and misapplying Satan's work to God.

Jesus was obviously THE expert or source on all things Biblical right? We see Him quote the OT repeatedly and He fulfilled the prophecies of the OT.

However, during all of that time, we never see Jesus make the same "correction" to the OT that you are.

So I guess what you are really saying is that not only was "God the Father" limited, but Jesus was also unaware that the OT was wrong?

Off the cuff several corrections to OT by Jesus come to mine:

1. He won't have the woman stoned as commanded by Old Testament;
2. He won't go with sin being punished to the fourth generation as set forth in Ex 20:2. See John 9:1-4;
3. He rebuked His two disciples when they have misconstrued a mass killing in 2 Kings 1 as being an act of God. See Luke 9:52-56;
4. People in OT like Moses in Ex 33 claimed to have seen God and talked to Him. Jesus says about three times in John "no one has ever seen God," and that He had come to declare Him. John 1:18 being the first of the three;
5. In Matt 5, He gives the OT take on theology then corrects it with "But I say . . . (Something different from what OT says follows );
6. Numerous times He takes issue with the law of the Sabbath.
7. The OT (ie Deut 28) sets forth a performance-based relationship with God. Jesus told us of a God who is NOT PERFROMANCE-BASED but who is unconditional with His love and blessing. Luke 6:35.

I could go on with a thorough discussion of Jesus' corrections to OT. The main one is "Love your enemies" and "be kind to the evil and the good" concepts the OT has no mention or understanding of. Luke 6:35 and Matt 5:38-48

I don't think the OT is wrong. I think a superficial reading of it is wrong. Example: a superficial reading of Gen 22 and Gen 32 and 2 Kings 1 and Moses talking to "God" at Sinai would lead one to believe that God is committing an essentially evil act or, at least acting out of character but, in light of further revelation or closer reading, we find that it was not God but an angel or an evil spirit.

Now you are comparing Apples and Oranges.

There is a significant difference between clarifying the Law of the OT vs saying what was written was wrong. Even you point out "but I say..." which certainly is Jesus further clarifying the Law (i.e. Jesus says lust is also adultery. He doesn't say it's not a sin anymore).

But you do open up another contradiction in your view point. Now your view of the Bible leads to inherent contradictions and incorrect information.

So if you know the OT is incorrect, what makes you think the NT is correct? Maybe Satan is tricking us in the NT into believing a view of Jesus that is completely wrong. It appears to be arbitrary.

1. The people who wanted to stone her weren't following the law. She was not accused with the male adulterer and she was not tried before the proper Jewish authorities - which couldn't be done at that time without the authorization of the Roman authorities. So they were actually sinning right then and there and the required punishment under the law for them would have been death.

2. He doesn't say that at all. You just made that up. He says:
9 Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" 3 Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. 4 must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

3. He doesn't say that at all. You just made that up. We've already been over this. It was not the time to call down fire then, but Jesus says nothing about it being a sin when Elijah did it.

4. Obviously there are different levels of seeing God. The people he was talking to were seeing God when they saw Jesus. Is a bush God? Steven mentions an Angel of the Lord appearing in the bush, but saw no contradiction as he says:
30 "And when forty years had passed, an Angel of the Lord[f] appeared to him in a flame of fire in a bush, in the wilderness of Mount Sinai. 31 When Moses saw it, he marveled at the sight; and as he drew near to observe, the voice of the Lord came to him, 32 saying, 'I am the God of your fathersthe God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' And Moses trembled and dared not look. 33 'Then the Lord said to him, "Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground. 34 I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt; I have heard their groaning and have come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send you to Egypt."'

5. In Matthew 5 he says that not one jot of the law would be removed! He is obviously expounding in the law and showing them the deeper meanings.

To be continued.

I started to do this as well, but realized it wasn't worth it with Bryan. Going point by point is not helpful. He has to come to the realization that his belief system is a bunch of contradictions.
dermdoc
AG
This seems to upset you more than somebody who does not believe or has lost their faith.

And forgive me if I am wrong, but I do not remember you posting this much on atheist/agnostic threads. We Christians are funny people. And what is weird is it is not just "fundamentalists" as I love me some Tampa Bay Ag. But he handles everything with respect and love.
AgLiving06
Bryanisbest said:

7thGenTexan said:

Bryanisbest said:

7thGenTexan said:

Bryanisbest said:

Easy: Anything or anyone whose character does not line up with the character of Jesus Christ and the attributes of the person He describes as His Father in Heaven, "the only true God (John 17:3)", is not God and may be an imposter trying to pass himself off as God. Most of Christendom is deceived in this.

I see an imposter alright.

Imposters are aware of who they are. The main imposter is Satan, "the god of this world", who has blinded the minds of many, especially religious people. 2 Cor 4:4-6.

According to your theology, Satan blinded Moses, Elijah, David, all the prophets of the OT, John the Baptist, Apostle Paul, Peter, John, and Jesus himself. Have you ever considered that maybe you have been blinded?

Yes, I sure have considered that. My views are different from 98 percent of Christians. I questioned whether it might just be me. I haven't decided that it is, however.

Given that your views differ from all forms of Christianity and beliefs of the first 2000 years, do you think your view of Christianity passes this test in Acts 5:33:39? Or is that too from Satan?

Quote:

33 When they heard this, they were furious and plotted to kill them. 34 Then one in the council stood up, a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law held in respect by all the people, and commanded them to put the apostles outside for a little while. 35 And he said to them: "Men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what you intend to do regarding these men. 36 For some time ago Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody. A number of men, about four hundred, joined him. He was slain, and all who obeyed him were scattered and came to nothing. 37 After this man, Judas of Galilee rose up in the days of the census, and drew away many people after him. He also perished, and all who obeyed him were dispersed. 38 And now I say to you, keep away from these men and let them alone; for if this plan or this work is of men, it will come to nothing; 39 but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow itlest you even be found to fight against God."
7thGenTexan
AG
AgLiving06 said:

7thGenTexan said:

AgLiving06 said:

Bryanisbest said:

AgLiving06 said:

Bryanisbest said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Bryanisbest said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Quote:

I have enjoyed the joust MQB but I will have to stop answering your questions based on what Retired Ag posted to me earlier in this thread. God bless you, Sir
yah, when RetiredAg gets backed into a corner, he does the same thing. Blessings and have a terrific day!
Somehow I suspect you really don't want me to have a blessed and terrific day. And that is okay. I pray you will come to know how much God loves you right now and forever.
I'll never know that and neither will you.

We can continue our conversation, though. I'm interested to learn how Satan told Abraham to kill Isaac and the writer of Hebrews commends Abraham for believing him.

Answer: In the same way God commended Job in Job 42 for his faith even though it was not God, but Satan, who actually tested and tempted Job throughout the book of Job.

There's a logical flaw here though.

Your claim boils down to the OT being wrong and misapplying Satan's work to God.

Jesus was obviously THE expert or source on all things Biblical right? We see Him quote the OT repeatedly and He fulfilled the prophecies of the OT.

However, during all of that time, we never see Jesus make the same "correction" to the OT that you are.

So I guess what you are really saying is that not only was "God the Father" limited, but Jesus was also unaware that the OT was wrong?

Off the cuff several corrections to OT by Jesus come to mine:

1. He won't have the woman stoned as commanded by Old Testament;
2. He won't go with sin being punished to the fourth generation as set forth in Ex 20:2. See John 9:1-4;
3. He rebuked His two disciples when they have misconstrued a mass killing in 2 Kings 1 as being an act of God. See Luke 9:52-56;
4. People in OT like Moses in Ex 33 claimed to have seen God and talked to Him. Jesus says about three times in John "no one has ever seen God," and that He had come to declare Him. John 1:18 being the first of the three;
5. In Matt 5, He gives the OT take on theology then corrects it with "But I say . . . (Something different from what OT says follows );
6. Numerous times He takes issue with the law of the Sabbath.
7. The OT (ie Deut 28) sets forth a performance-based relationship with God. Jesus told us of a God who is NOT PERFROMANCE-BASED but who is unconditional with His love and blessing. Luke 6:35.

I could go on with a thorough discussion of Jesus' corrections to OT. The main one is "Love your enemies" and "be kind to the evil and the good" concepts the OT has no mention or understanding of. Luke 6:35 and Matt 5:38-48

I don't think the OT is wrong. I think a superficial reading of it is wrong. Example: a superficial reading of Gen 22 and Gen 32 and 2 Kings 1 and Moses talking to "God" at Sinai would lead one to believe that God is committing an essentially evil act or, at least acting out of character but, in light of further revelation or closer reading, we find that it was not God but an angel or an evil spirit.

Now you are comparing Apples and Oranges.

There is a significant difference between clarifying the Law of the OT vs saying what was written was wrong. Even you point out "but I say..." which certainly is Jesus further clarifying the Law (i.e. Jesus says lust is also adultery. He doesn't say it's not a sin anymore).

But you do open up another contradiction in your view point. Now your view of the Bible leads to inherent contradictions and incorrect information.

So if you know the OT is incorrect, what makes you think the NT is correct? Maybe Satan is tricking us in the NT into believing a view of Jesus that is completely wrong. It appears to be arbitrary.

1. The people who wanted to stone her weren't following the law. She was not accused with the male adulterer and she was not tried before the proper Jewish authorities - which couldn't be done at that time without the authorization of the Roman authorities. So they were actually sinning right then and there and the required punishment under the law for them would have been death.

2. He doesn't say that at all. You just made that up. He says:
9 Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" 3 Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. 4 must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world."

3. He doesn't say that at all. You just made that up. We've already been over this. It was not the time to call down fire then, but Jesus says nothing about it being a sin when Elijah did it.

4. Obviously there are different levels of seeing God. The people he was talking to were seeing God when they saw Jesus. Is a bush God? Steven mentions an Angel of the Lord appearing in the bush, but saw no contradiction as he says:
30 "And when forty years had passed, an Angel of the Lord[f] appeared to him in a flame of fire in a bush, in the wilderness of Mount Sinai. 31 When Moses saw it, he marveled at the sight; and as he drew near to observe, the voice of the Lord came to him, 32 saying, 'I am the God of your fathersthe God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.' And Moses trembled and dared not look. 33 'Then the Lord said to him, "Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground. 34 I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt; I have heard their groaning and have come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send you to Egypt."'

5. In Matthew 5 he says that not one jot of the law would be removed! He is obviously expounding in the law and showing them the deeper meanings.

To be continued.

I started to do this as well, but realized it wasn't worth it with Bryan. Going point by point is not helpful. He has to come to the realization that his belief system is a bunch of contradictions.

Yes, it was a difficult decision as these discussions usually end up a wallow in contentious vanity (guilty), but i couldn't abide such satanic filth preached in the name of Jesus.
AgLiving06
dermdoc said:

This seems to upset you more than somebody who does not believe or has lost their faith.

And forgive me if I am wrong, but I do not remember you posting this much on atheist/agnostic threads. We Christians are funny people. And what is weird is it is not just "fundamentalists" as I love me some Tampa Bay Ag. But he handles everything with respect and love.

Who's upset? I'm certainly not.

There are certainly conversations where I am out of my depth and don't post as much as I'd rather sit back and learn.

This is a case where Bryan can't seem to help buy contradict himself.

I certainly don't do it out of anger or hate, but I truly want Bryan to come to some realization that simply saying "God is Love" does such a disservice to our God. He's choosing to neuter God to avoid having to truly put his faith in a God that does so much more than simply make people happy.
dermdoc
AG
Cool. May I ask your denomination?
AgLiving06
dermdoc said:

Cool. May I ask your denomination?

I'm somewhere in between LCMS and Orthodox.

edit: I figured I'd add that I like to say "I'm east of LCMS and west of Orthodox."

Being Protestant all my life, the "Orthodox Life" is a big bite to chew off and so I've attended class/liturgies and have added "Orthodoxy" to my LCMS life while I continue to grow.
dermdoc
AG
That is awesome.
swimmerbabe11
dermdoc said:

You are a sweetheart. Whatever kool aid youve been drinking lately, I want some of that. You've been full of positive energy and love lately (as hippie as that sounds but you know what I mean)
swimmerbabe11
Do you listen to Jordan Cooper? You should read his book Christification.
dermdoc
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

dermdoc said:

You are a sweetheart. Whatever kool aid youve been drinking lately, I want some of that. You've been full of positive energy and love lately (as hippie as that sounds but you know what I mean)
Thank you and I think a lot of it had to do with my sister's death after two and a half years of hell from cancer. Taught me a lot. I live in CS but go back to Beaumont three nights a week and moved in with my brother in law to keep him company.

We drink wine, watch sports, and he is able to "decant" Bev's death. He is a man of few words and has a strong faith but he feels comfortable talking to me. Lots of peace and love.

My wife and I always make a motto for the year and this year is "healing and joy". Hopefully it will work out. And it is very, very hard to be around my wife long and not smile.

And I really appreciated your posts and supports during my sister's illness and death. Means more than any of y'all know.

Peace
PacifistAg
AG
dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

dermdoc said:

Thank you and I think a lot of it had to do with my sister's death after two and a half years of hell from cancer. Taught me a lot. I live in CS but go back to Beaumont three nights a week and moved in with my brother in law to keep him company.

We drink wine, watch sports, and he is able to "decant" Bev's death. He is a man of few words and has a strong faith but he feels comfortable talking to me. Lots of peace and love.

My wife and I always make a motto for the year and this year is "healing and joy". Hopefully it will work out. And it is very, very hard to be around my wife long and not smile.

And I really appreciated your posts and supports during my sister's illness and death. Means more than any of y'all know.

Peace
derm,
I had not heard that your sister passed. I am so sorry for your loss, but also glad that her pain is over and she's resting in His bosom as we speak. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers.

If you don't mind, can you pray for my cousin. We were very close growing up. She's 30 and has 3 sons, all younger than 10. 3 days ago she had a brain stem stroke and was rushed to the hospital. She had another stroke while in surgery, then post-surgery they found another clot. After the surgery to deal w/ that clot, severe complications had developed and now she needs a 3rd surgery but her situation is too unstable at the time to go in. Her lungs are filling up and they're worried about pneumonia. Her mother, in her grief, is shutting everyone out and her grandmother, who was already in poor health, has had to be sedated.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
dermdoc
AG
Those are things only God can handle. Prayers sent buddy.
AgLiving06
swimmerbabe11 said:

Do you listen to Jordan Cooper? You should read his book Christification.

I do listen to Jordan. I subscribe to his podcast, so I'm caught up through end of last year.

I'm listening to a Concordia University podcast right now on Systematic Theology, so I haven't caught Jordan's new stuff.

His books are on my list to read, but they are pricy vs the page count, so I've been reading Thomas Mueller's "Christian Dogmatics" right now.

I know Jordan leans east (that's kind of where I got my saying from), but he does spend a lot of time talking about the Reformed which I actually don't know much about. I know that's his background, so it makes sense.
swimmerbabe11
Christification is a fantastic book that talks about Lutheran Theosis. I wouldn't mind lending you my copy if you want to give me your email address so I can get an address to mail it to.
AgLiving06
swimmerbabe11 said:

Christification is a fantastic book that talks about Lutheran Theosis. I wouldn't mind lending you my copy if you want to give me your email address so I can get an address to mail it to.

Let me get through some of the books on my list and I'll take you up on that offer.
Zobel
AG
Hey bud you're in Houston right? If you need anything pm me.
cap-n-jack
I don't get this whole passage from the very beginning. Barnabas sold a plot of land and gave the proceeds to the apostles?
Barnabas was a Levite. The Levites did not recieve an allotment. They were the priests and were to be keep, fed and sheltered by the other tribes.
Where did he get the plot of land to sell?
PacifistAg
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Hey bud you're in Houston right? If you need anything pm me.

Yes, in Houston. Thanks. Seems like she's taking 2 steps back for every 2 steps forward. 3rd successful brain surgery, they think they know the cause and her lungs are better. But now her heart is weakening, operating at only about 10%, and now there's liver problems.

It's been a mixed bag, but she's still fighting which is good. At this point, all we can do is pray, and there's certainly no shortage of prayer. Thank you for the offer.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.