***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,216 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

jeffk said:

Din saying "this isn't working for me" as his kid spammed the noise button on his new toy really struck me deeply.
Every parent of a young child felt that one
My kid's power wheels Jeep is already annoying, if she had a power wheels IG-11 she might need to be emancipated.
PatAg
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

If you were a Mando, what weapons would you augment into your armor?

I think those little homing rockets are the most dangerous things around, not sure why only Din seems to use them. I would get rid of his flame thrower for a shield.
I want to say when she made those, she basically mentioned they were incredibly expensive(in terms of material) to make and to use them wisely
Same for their various rockets and stuff they shoot, I would guess.
hunter2012
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Malachi Constant said:

Is Darth maul alive at this time? Or is he dead dead not pretend dead?

He's dead. Killed Obi Wan killed him in Rebels and buried him. Shortest light saber duel ever.

That duel was the best Obi-Won flex. Do a deep dive on why Obi-Won dominated the fight for it was well thought out.
AliasMan02
AG
Everyone expects our first look at Thrawn in or after the finale next week, right?
C@LAg
AliasMan02 said:

Everyone expects our first look at Thrawn in or after the finale next week, right?
25 second trash-tier Photoshop spoiler.
with bonus goatee.
dave94
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I'm thinking they do the full reveal in Ahsoka. But maybe a glimpse in shadow or something in Mando?

Either way, it's gonna be awesome
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think it focuses on Gideon, since he probably dies. I think they leave Thrawn for Ahsoka.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I'm feeling like this is a mid credit scene. Kind of like when we first saw Thanos.
PatAg
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I honestly thought there was a slight chance he would walk into frame with Palleon, given they knew the timing of the episode vs celebration. Thankfully they didnt,
The Porkchop Express
AG
Would like to see Gideon live and set up a Thrawn vs. Gideon pissing contest later down the road with Gideon thinking he's got the coup all set up and Thrawn slicing him up and being 8 steps ahead to make him the real threat in the crossover film.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
PatAg
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Would like to see Gideon live and set up a Thrawn vs. Gideon pissing contest later down the road with Gideon thinking he's got the coup all set up and Thrawn slicing him up and being 8 steps ahead to make him the real threat in the crossover film.
Yea, Gideon is the type to have his fleet get thrashed in a battle and still slither away
AMW2010
AG
Is there any footage from the trailers that we haven't seen in the show yet?? I feel like I'm going into this last episode pretty blind… I'm not sure I can handle a death of a good character or something crazy along those lines….
jabberwalkie09
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Is there a chance a New Republic fleet shows up?

We had the dad from Kim's Convenience piloting the X-Wing that found that Gideon had been extracted and never went to trial. Any chance he arrives somehow with reinforcements?

Been thinking about this for a little bit, I'm going to put some thoughts out there which probably aren't remotely right.

With Ahsoka coming in August, Zeb having made an appearance this season with Teva in the previous episode at the base bar, and Teva taking it upon himself to investigate the disappearance of Gideon I think there's a small chance that we may see Ahsoka, Hera (unlikely), or even (though more unlikely) Sabine show up. This assumes they kept in contact with each other to some degree but since the New Republic doesn't seem interested in looking into things Teva asking Zeb for help and then reaching out to the crew of the Ghost/Spectres is a pretty small chance. Another person we could see is Fen Rau (if he's still alive) or other surviving Mandalorian Protectors if they managed to survive The Night of a Thousand Tears/Purge of Mandalore.

Ahsoka has history with Mandalore going back to TCW with Satine, Korkie, Kenobi, Maul, and Bo-Katan. Not to mention the Siege of Mandalore just before Order 66. Sabine also defeated Gar Saxon in combat claiming the Darksaber.
C@LAg
C@LAg said:

AliasMan02 said:

25 second trash-tier Photoshop spoiler.
with bonus goatee.

There is a potato picture out Thrawn in the wild..

1. Looks legit.
2. Was posted to reddit 6 days ago and a formal take-down was issued by Disney.
jokershady
AG
What in the world is a potato picture?
C@LAg
jokershady said:

When low-quality photos or videos are posted online, people often say that they were shot with a "potato camera.
jokershady
AG
The Real Napster
jokershady said:

It's like a moo point. It just doesn't matter.
The Porkchop Express
AG
C@LAg said:

jokershady said:

When low-quality photos or videos are posted online, people often say that they were shot with a "potato camera.

I posted it on the Ahsoka thread.

Feels so good, feelin' good again.
maroon barchetta
And now this thread is on the Disney lawyer radar.

Way to go.
maroon barchetta
The Real Napster said:

jokershady said:

It's like a moo point. It just doesn't matter.

If you earn enough moo points you can redeem them for French benefits.
Hungry Ojos

C@LAg said:

jokershady said:

What's so special about this guy? So this guy is the big season long reveal that's supposed to put a bulge in our underoos? He looks like an Ace Hardware employee.
bobinator
AG
This is maybe a big thought for early in the morning and I should drink more coffee, but the Thrawn stuff is an example of a problem that I think has affected some of the Star Wars shows and has definitely affected the MCU.

There's always the "next big thing" that the show hints at, or in this case outright talks about, and it often takes away or overshadows what's currently happening.

It's hard to care about Gideon, when now we know Thrawn is coming back soon (through trailers for Ashoka) so it feels like we lose some stakes here in The Mandalorian. I wish they'd have only hinted about Thrawn in that council meeting without actually mentioning him and then not shown him in the Ahsoka trailer or something until after the finale.

Maybe it's just me, but now whatever is about to happen in the season finale of the Mandalorian just feels like it's meant to set up something else instead of standing on its own.
double aught
AG

bobinator said:

There should be an interactive website where you can move a slider around to points in time on the Star Wars timeline and it tells you who's alive and what's going on at that point or you could just select what show/movie you're currently watching.
I've got it set up in my basement with colorful strings and pushpins if you ever want to come by.
Moral High Horse
Don't know much about the clone wars cartoons but in the zahn trilogy he was the main antagonist and towards the end was reviving the clone technology. Which is probably how they'll tie in all the last jedi/snoke crap.
Hungry Ojos
Moral High Horse said:

Don't know much about the clone wars cartoons but in the zahn trilogy he was the main protagonist and towards the end was reviving the clone technology. Which is probably how they'll tie in all the last jedi/snoke crap.

Wait, do you mean antagonist? Or is this guy a good guy????
bobinator
AG
"Is Thrawn a bad guy" is really the interesting part.

EDIT: getting my books about thrawn mixed up
AliasMan02
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

maroon barchetta said:

Is there a chance a New Republic fleet shows up?

We had the dad from Kim's Convenience piloting the X-Wing that found that Gideon had been extracted and never went to trial. Any chance he arrives somehow with reinforcements?

Been thinking about this for a little bit, I'm going to put some thoughts out there which probably aren't remotely right.

With Ahsoka coming in August, Zeb having made an appearance this season with Teva in the previous episode at the base bar, and Teva taking it upon himself to investigate the disappearance of Gideon I think there's a small chance that we may see Ahsoka, Hera (unlikely), or even (though more unlikely) Sabine show up. This assumes they kept in contact with each other to some degree but since the New Republic doesn't seem interested in looking into things Teva asking Zeb for help and then reaching out to the crew of the Ghost/Spectres is a pretty small chance. Another person we could see is Fen Rau (if he's still alive) or other surviving Mandalorian Protectors if they managed to survive The Night of a Thousand Tears/Purge of Mandalore.

Ahsoka has history with Mandalore going back to TCW with Satine, Korkie, Kenobi, Maul, and Bo-Katan. Not to mention the Siege of Mandalore just before Order 66. Sabine also defeated Gar Saxon in combat claiming the Darksaber.

To resolve it by having a third party show up might be lame... though they did that with Luke.

The Mando show is completely governed by the "wow" moment and nostalgia, which isn't a bad thing, but it does make an ending where Han and Leia just show up and chase away Gideon a possibility.
OnlyForNow
AG
The biggest counter argument to this, is that this show is set between two known entities...

The original trilogy and the sequel trilogy. There is no Giddeon or Thrawn in the First Order and no mention of them. So none of this makes too much difference in the grand scheme of things as we know the final outcome.

It's only a problem if you let it be a problem.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, if an outside character comes in to save the day again that's going to be pretty lame. I'm expecting someone to show up, but at the end of the action where all they really do is witness what happened.
bobinator
AG
It can still make a difference in the lives of these characters though. I mean that's what makes Andor so good. We know what's going to happen in the big picture there too, but we're so invested in these characters and their personal stakes.

You can have a show that has emotional stakes for the characters involved and isn't just a launching pad for other shows. There's a chance they land this without doing that, but this whole season, until the last episode, hasn't felt like a show building stakes for these characters, it's felt like it's laying groundwork for another show.
CC09LawAg
I agree. It felt like this show used to be about Din and Grogu and, to a lesser extent, the Mandalorian people. This third season has felt more like spin off teasers and setups.

I think, had they stuck to what I presume was the original plan (Grogu stays with Luke for most of this season, this season becomes about Din and Bo reuniting the clans), I'd be less bothered by it. It just seems like there wasn't a cohesive vision for what this season was meant to accomplish, so it makes it seem like this show was an afterthought when they're constantly teasing new properties.
Moral High Horse
Hungry Ojos said:

Moral High Horse said:

Don't know much about the clone wars cartoons but in the zahn trilogy he was the main protagonist and towards the end was reviving the clone technology. Which is probably how they'll tie in all the last jedi/snoke crap.

Wait, do you mean antagonist? Or is this guy a good guy????

yeah, sorry, i meant antagonist.
OnlyForNow
AG
I can see that completely, PLUS, it shows how big the galaxy can be when seemingly large scale things happening don't even cause ripples in other places.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

C@LAg said:

jokershady said:

What's so special about this guy? So this guy is the big season long reveal that's supposed to put a bulge in our underoos? He looks like an Ace Hardware employee.

Thrawn is like the Moriarty of Star Wars. Sherlock Holmes Big Bad. Smarter than everyone and always 5 steps ahead. No special powers other than his brain.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.