***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

130,951 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
CondensedFogAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aznaggiegirl07 said:

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

no, no, no , no

bobinator
AG
I was expecting the Mandalorian fleet to already be destroyed when the Armorer broke through the atmosphere. That whole set up had a real Star Trek "if all the main characters are on the away team, you want to be on the away team" vibe to it.
bobinator
AG
What happened to that creature anyway? It came from underground, and then they go underground and it just like... gave up?
The Porkchop Express
AG
bobinator said:

What happened to that creature anyway? It came from underground, and then they go underground and it just like... gave up?
Sci-fi monsters are the laziest SOBs there are. If they don't get you in the first 15 seconds, they give up.

Just like the the spinosaurus in JP 3. Once they lock the door in the little building, that thing is like "damn, they got me."
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm curious to see if we get any Knights of Ren involvement soon.
Flashdiaz
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

What if the Armorer is actually just Kathleen Kennedy?
hopefully it's Bill Burr and he goes into a bit on how more people should die and an easy way would be to blow up light cruisers.
bobinator
AG
BTW how much do the praetorian guard hate the storm troopers? Literally waited until they were all toast to finally step in and just kill one guy.
PatAg
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

aznaggiegirl07 said:

yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

no, no, no , no

The joke never got old either, did you see him mouthing No and Yes when he first got in?
hurleyag
AG
redline248 said:

Oh yeah, Favrea/Filoni fans of Bluey confirmed.

First thing that popped into my head as well!
TCTTS
AG
jokershady said:

TCTTS said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

If The Armorer was a spy, wouldn't he know before Kane contacted him about the report that the two factions of Mandalorians had united?

I do admit, this would be a bit of a head scratcher. Unless The Armorer and Gideon were estranged for whatever reason, but then decided to make a deal, off screen, after that opening sequence with Gideon. Or maybe he's just been off the grid and not communicating with anyone.
thought about this this morning and i dont think that matters too much.....Gideon knew from the start that the mandalorians were going to be heading to Mandalore and he most likely got that information from the Armorer....

so all that meant was that he was going to be dealing with more mandalorians than he had expected so just got more reinforcements to handle it.....

really thinking this is in the bag now that those fans that were theorizing all the way back from the first season that the armorer was a baddie are going to look like geniouses next wednesday....

Good points.
bobinator
AG
This show does have a funny thing with droids. Buddy of mine pointed out that last week there was a weird but semi-touching scene that was like "hey, the droids have their own wants and desires also" and this week Grogu is effectively piloting one of their reanimated corpses.
redline248
AG
That was just that one weird planet.
CondensedFogAggie
PatAg said:

CondensedFogAggie said:

The joke never got old either, did you see him mouthing No and Yes when he first got in?

Ha, yes.

The showrunners prob think that if Grogu starts talking, he might lose some of that cute blundering innocent baby vibe.

So the yes no yes no thing is a compromise imo.
jeffk
AG
Din saying "this isn't working for me" as his kid spammed the noise button on his new toy really struck me deeply.
maroon barchetta
Flashdiaz said:

What if the Armorer is actually just Kathleen Kennedy?
hopefully it's Bill Burr and he goes into a bit on how more people should die and an easy way would be to blow up light cruisers.
redline248
AG
jeffk said:

Din saying "this isn't working for me" as his kid spammed the noise button on his new toy really struck me deeply.
Every parent of a young child felt that one
maroon barchetta
Is there a chance a New Republic fleet shows up?

We had the dad from Kim's Convenience piloting the X-Wing that found that Gideon had been extracted and never went to trial. Any chance he arrives somehow with reinforcements?

redline248
AG
maroon barchetta said:

We had the dad from Kim's Convenience piloting the X-Wing that found that Gideon had been extracted and never went to trial. Any chance he arrives somehow with reinforcements?

Always a possibility. They did kind of just leave that hanging out there. Hell, maybe the armorer is the one to send for that pilot, since she knows of the connection to Din.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

bobinator said:

Sci-fi monsters are the laziest SOBs there are. If they don't get you in the first 15 seconds, they give up.

Just like the the spinosaurus in JP 3. Once they lock the door in the little building, that thing is like "damn, they got me."

This is actually how a lot of predators are. If they don't take down prey on their initial pursuit, they don't continue. They're usually going full bore when they move in for the kill, and they can't keep it up for long. There's also a recovery period for them make another attempt. Cheetahs are the perfect example. They're fast AF, but they can only sprint for about 30 seconds. After that they need around a half hour or more to rest before making another attempt.
maroon barchetta
Of course The Armorer is evil.

She's been The Darkness for eons.

bobinator
AG
maroon barchetta said:

It almost feels like something like this has to happen:

- Some new republic people come to help, but it's not a whole fleet or a sanctioned intervention

- They see the tail end of whatever is about to happen (Gideon escapes with his fleet or whatever) and maybe evidence of the shadow council coordinating empire remnants

- They report this back to the New Republic, who ignores it or doesn't believe it

This show seems to be pretty consistently setting up a "the willful ignorance of the new republic allowed the rise of the First Order" thing
The Porkchop Express
AG
bobinator said:

maroon barchetta said:

- Some new republic people come to help, but it's not a whole fleet or a sanctioned intervention

- They see the tail end of whatever is about to happen (Gideon escapes with his fleet or whatever) and maybe evidence of the shadow council coordinating empire remnants

- They report this back to the New Republic, who ignores it or doesn't believe it

This show seems to be pretty consistently setting up a "the willful ignorance of the new republic allowed the rise of the First Order" thing
They did just have Harrison Ford in studio doing a whole bunch of de-aging work last year for another project ...
bobinator
AG
I just thought it was funny. That thing was HUGE and it came from under the ground and it's like they ran into a cave and it just vanished.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
If you were a Mando, what weapons would you augment into your armor?

I think those little homing rockets are the most dangerous things around, not sure why only Din seems to use them. I would get rid of his flame thrower for a shield.
bobinator
AG
Dude, the flame thrower is their favorite weapon. It almost never does anything at all, but it's like the second thing they try every time.
The Porkchop Express
AG

If you were a Mando, what weapons would you augment into your armor?

I think those little homing rockets are the most dangerous things around, not sure why only Din seems to use them. I would get rid of his flame thrower for a shield.
The whistling birds are a one off. He might have taken out 3-5 of the bad guys, but there were plenty more. I'm more confused why he didn't jet pack outta there.
twilly
AG
Whatever the New Republic finds here they will ignore it. They have to. It's what sets up the Resistance for the 3 movies nobody wants to talk about.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Scientifically accurate though
Malachi Constant
AG
Is Darth maul alive at this time? Or is he dead dead not pretend dead?
Mathguy64
AG
twilly said:

Whatever the New Republic finds here they will ignore it. They have to. It's what sets up the Resistance for the 3 movies nobody wants to talk about.

Why not. They ignored everything else in this show.

Mandalore.
Mandalorians
Dark sabers
Random people who use the force.
Ahsoka Tano
Little baby yodas.
powerbelly
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Dead dead. This is after rebels.
Mathguy64
AG
Malachi Constant said:

He's dead. Killed Obi Wan killed him in Rebels and buried him. Shortest light saber duel ever.
bobinator
AG
There should be an interactive website where you can move a slider around to points in time on the Star Wars timeline and it tells you who's alive and what's going on at that point or you could just select what show/movie you're currently watching.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
bobinator said:

There should be an interactive website where you can move a slider around to points in time on the Star Wars timeline and it tells you who's alive and what's going on at that point or you could just select what show/movie you're currently watching.
I've got it set up in my basement with colorful strings and pushpins if you ever want to come by.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.