***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,509 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That episode really makes me wish we'd get a Rogue Squadron or Wraith Squadron series.
Give me X-wings and X-wing pilots doing their thing all day.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
PatAg said:

That episode really makes me wish we'd get a Rogue Squadron or Wraith Squadron series.
I want that too. Hell, throw in some A, B and Y-Wings for more fun.
Red Five
AG
PatAg said:

The Porkchop Express
AG
Red Five said:

PatAg said:

Red Five
AG
Nice.

This one reminds me that while disappointing in many respects, the Disney films do aerial/space combat really well.

Quad Dog
AG
The Starship Troopers style Mandalorian drop out of the ship was awesome. Coincidentally, I had just given my son that book to read but he hadn't started yet.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I rewatched the ep with my daughter and had the closed captions on. When Greef Karga tells the Mandalorians what land they can have on Nevarro, he says everything from here to "Bulloch Canyon"

Shoutout to the OG Mandalorian, Jeremy Bulloch.

PatAg
AG
Quad Dog said:

The Starship Troopers style Mandalorian drop out of the ship was awesome. Coincidentally, I had just given my son that book to read but he hadn't started yet.
Yea, the drop ship moment was as awesome as I was hoping it would be.
Flashdiaz
AG
while I liked that the Armorer snuck in like the executioner guy in Scarface to take out the gunner in the palace.... seems like a perfect opportunity for the Mando Commandos to use their cool jetpacks to get up there and take them out instead of sitting there getting shot at.
redline248
AG
Flashdiaz said:

while I liked that the Armorer snuck in like the executioner guy in Scarface to take out the gunner in the palace.... seems like a perfect opportunity for the Mando Commandos to use their cool jetpacks to get up there and take them out instead of sitting there getting shot at.
"We're boxed in!"

Not with jet packs on, genius.
TCTTS
AG
Never mind!
The Porkchop Express
AG
Edited to avoid the hassle
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great. More confirmed spoilers.
beagle2009
AG
Dang… why even post this if you're not sure why it's been spoiler tagged?
TCTTS
AG
I explained why. Because it came across as straight up speculation.
TCTTS
AG
Are you saying this because you know, or are you guessing? Either way, why quote it if you wanted me to edit it?
TCTTS
AG
For the record, there have been a million guesses posted in this thread, that have lead to all kinds of good conversation. I simply assumed this was another guess that would be interesting to discuss. Our resident spoiler-reader is the one who seemingly confirmed its authenticity. I don't read any of those leaks, or follow any of those sites.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
While I agree that quoting you is unnecessary and hopefully he edits it, it's probably a bad idea to post a tweet that contains a #spoiler hashtag. I would just assume it's based on leaked info, even if the post is technically speculation.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

For the record, there have been a million guesses posted in this thread, that have lead to all kinds of good conversation. I simply assumed this was another guess that would be interesting to discuss. Our resident spoiler-reader is the one who seemingly confirmed its authenticity. I don't read any of those leaks, or follow any of those sites.

Then if you're going to guess, have the guess be from your own words and brain, because reposting tweets that say spoiler alert on them are probably spoilers!
ABATTBQ11
AG
redline248 said:

Flashdiaz said:

"We're boxed in!"

Kind of are. If you jet pack up, you're breaking cover and an open target for your enemy. You'd better be gone in a hurry.
TCTTS
AG
Fair enough. I likened it to when people here spoiler-tag guesses in case they end up being right, but I hear you.
redline248
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

redline248 said:

Flashdiaz said:

"We're boxed in!"

Kind of are. If you jet pack up, you're breaking cover and an open target for your enemy. You'd better be gone in a hurry.
I mean, they are mini rocket ships.
bluefire579
AG
Scriffer
AG
Caught up on the last two episodes last night. The pirate captain guy still really irritates me as a villain, but they were definitely my two favorite episodes of the season. I like what they're doing with Bo Katan's character.

I think a part of my frustration with this show is that I'm pretty much CGI'd out. After the brilliant return to practical effects in Top Gun Maverick and fatigue from however many years of Marvel movies and the like, a CGI spaceship dogfight just doesn't do it for me anymore. I have other issues with the show, but that at least isn't their fault.
PatAg
AG
Scriffer said:

Caught up on the last two episodes last night. The pirate captain guy still really irritates me as a villain, but they were definitely my two favorite episodes of the season. I like what they're doing with Bo Katan's character.

I think a part of my frustration with this show is that I'm pretty much CGI'd out. After the brilliant return to practical effects in Top Gun Maverick and fatigue from however many years of Marvel movies and the like, a CGI spaceship dogfight just doesn't do it for me anymore. I have other issues with the show, but that at least isn't their fault.
I think, for the most part, the Mandalorian has been the show that uses The Volume the best. I feel like we are starting to see the tide turn a bit, with more movies and shows using practical effects and more strategic CGI.

I genuinely don't understand how the pirate captain made it into the final product.
Trident 88
AG
Quote:

I genuinely don't understand how the pirate captain made it into the final product.
Were they paying homage to Bill Nighy's cursed Davy Jones character by making the alien pirate captain look like a sea creature? Almost made me wonder if they'll be adding a Pirates of the Mandalorian ride at Disney World.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Trident 88 said:

Quote:

Were they paying homage to Bill Nighy's cursed Davy Jones character by making the alien pirate captain look like a sea creature? Almost made me wonder if they'll be adding a Pirates of the Mandalorian ride at Disney World.

It was meant to be kitschy. They even had a Smee.
Ambres
AG
PatAg said:

I really don't understand Disney.. a Rogue/Wraith Sq TV show .. like a Battlestar Galatica/Black Sheep series .. would be extremely successful.

What a waste of an IP.
double aught
AG
They tried to make a Rogue Squadron movie with Patty Jenkins. But then Wonder Woman 1984 happened.
bonfarr
AG
The Pirate episode was just plain bad. Silly story line and the creature effects remind me of Gremlins from 1984.

I will keep watching in hopes this season improves but I don't find myself rushing to watch when the new episodes drop.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Scriffer
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Trident 88 said:

Quote:

It was meant to be kitschy. They even had a Smee.

There's a line between kitschy and absurd, and they catapulted right over it
jeffk
AG
Some of y'all act like Star Wars is an incredibly serious property or something.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Steve Blum (Zeb's voice actor)'s son confirmed on IG that they had his dad on set to do not only Zeb's voice, but also his facial movements for the CGI.

Saxsoon
AG
Steve Blum just has one of those legendary voices

Grew up with him voicing toonami as a kid
The Porkchop Express
AG
Filoni on the Zeb cameo, surely teasing the Rebels' reunion in Ahsoka

There's a lot of talk of secrets that have been kept and are to be revealed. Filoni squirms under his hat amongst the talk and begins, "When Zeb leaves the room and talks to…you want to know and we want you to know, but it's so much better for you to learn it in the right time…
Feels so good, feelin' good again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.