***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,551 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
91_Aggie said:

I know I need more suspension of disbelief but...
1. What the heck were the rules of the paintball battle??! The kid could have easily shot Grogu 3x in quick succession but stopped for some reason... then Grogu goes all Parkour and then fires off 3 shots?

okay... i'll stop being too realistic now.
I don't know the rules, either, but after the kid missed with the 3rd shot he has no more paintballs, so I guess there is no point to make Grogu stop.
ABATTBQ11
AG
91_Aggie said:

I know I need more suspension of disbelief but...
1. What the heck were the rules of the paintball battle??! The kid could have easily shot Grogu 3x in quick succession but stopped for some reason... then Grogu goes all Parkour and then fires off 3 shots?

2. Why would the dinosaur/dragon think not feed the kid to its kids as soon as it got back... instead it waited almost 2 days?

3. and that kid was barely a snack.

okay... i'll stop being too realistic now.

Point of the paintball thing was that the kid underestimated Grogu. Also, that Grogu was starting his Mandalorian training and was apprehensive like any kid. Little Viszla didn't take it seriously she got schooled while Grogu built confidence.

A lot of birds will feed their young regurgitated food. Could be that it digests food for awhile before feeding them, but little Viszla was saved by his armor like Boba Fett.

Wild animals take what they can get.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Holy ****, its ZEB!
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
boogieman
AG
Zeb was a nice surprise!

This season may be better binged. The previous seasons worked episodically. Don't think this one does quite as much.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Really enjoyed it. Nice hook at the end. Nice turns by Vizla and the Armorer. Tim Meadows and Horatio Sanz slowly turning the show into SNL. I had to rewatch Zeb, he looked great. Sure hope we get an Ahsoka trailer next week at Celebration
TCTTS
AG
Who the hell is Zev? Someone we saw on screen? I didn't clock any kind of cameo role.
C@LAg
ok i am up way too late and spouting gibberish apparently.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Who the hell is Zev? Someone we saw on screen? I didn't clock any kind of cameo role.

That's your fault.
TCTTS
AG
I'm so confused. Then who is Porkchop talking about? I just looked up the name and yeah it's some random Rebel pilot on Hoth? Who was he in this episode, though?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Its zeb, its been a minute my bad
TCTTS
AG
Zev aside, I'm glad we finally have a goal and some forward momentum, that all but one of the pirates are dead, and that Gideon is beginning to come back into focus. It was clunky as always, but at least we're headed somewhere.

I was convinced the Armorer was about to finally remove her helmet, and direct everyone else to do so, but alas we're not that lucky. I was about ready to jump out of my seat in celebration, though.
The Porkchop Express
AG
He's from Rebels,and modeled after mcquarries original Chewbacca design
TCTTS
AG
Ah, the animal looking pilot dude.
TCTTS
C@LAg
TCTTS said:

I'm so confused. Then who is Porkchop talking about? I just looked up the name and yeah it's some random Rebel pilot on Hoth? Who was he in this episode, though?
me too. i was watching the bad batch finale and answering a question for a character on a show I had not watched yet, based on name alone.

in my defense there IS a character that goes by Zev in canon (rescued Han/Luke on Hoth), which is why I threw out that name.
TCTTS
AG
Bryce Dallas Howard's episode is next week.
TCTTS
AG

The Porkchop Express
AG
I wish they'd do a documentary of Filoni and others who worked so diligently on Rebels and Clone Wars seeing their animations come to life in live-action for the first time. Zeb looked phenomenal.

TCTTS
AG
I don't have much to compare him to, but just the effects alone looked incredible, especially for TV.
redline248
AG
I almost couldn't believe my eyes when Zeb walked into view. It's just amazing.

Also, I was thinking all along that Bo-Katan would come to the realization of walking both ways on her own, and the Armorer would need to be dealt with or convinced. Show goes and turns that around on me. Pretty interesting development.

Although, for a split moment I thought for sure the Armorer was gonna pull the ol' switch-a-roo on her and say "you dumbass you're supposed to refuse me, now you're kicked out again!"
Hungry Ojos
I don't know what to make of that episode? Are they attempting to plant the suggestion that Bo Katan was the one who freed Gideon?
redline248
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

I don't know what to make of that episode? Are they attempting to plant the suggestion that Bo Katan was the one who freed Gideon?
Hmm...I don't know if they are trying to plant that idea...but I suppose it's possible. I doubt it though, since she was part of the group that turned him over. Could have been former associates of hers after they split upon her returning without the Darksaber.

By the way, I'm kind of disappointed we haven't seen more use/training/discovery of the Dark Saber in Din's possession.
bluefire579
AG
ZEB!!!!!!!

Actually rewound just to rewatch that scene. So great seeing him in live action.
twilly
AG
Could there be a group of unknown Mandos that are loyal to Gideon? He wielded the Darksaber for a bit.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
redline248
AG
twilly said:

Could there be a group of unknown Mandos that are loyal to Gideon? He wielded the Darksaber for a bit.
Someone posted some interview quotes a couple weeks ago from his actor talking about how Gideon "wants to be Mandalorian." I think your question could have some merit.
bluefire579
AG
Maybe...

jeffk
AG
Same voice actor for Zeb from Rebels too.
sburg2007
That cameo got me all the feels, but the ladies man really took this episode over the top for me.
redline248
AG
Oh, and let me just say I'm glad there is at least ONE New Republic individual with an ounce of intelligence

Also, the R unit using his pop up scope as a remote probe is damn cool.
jeffk
AG
All things considered, it was a fun episode. Pirates served a specific purpose and are now out of our lives probably for good. Also Gideon is back as a major source of interest and the stuff on Coruscant is loosely tied to what Mando is up to. Does this send Bo off on her own trek now apart from the rest of the show?
cbr
AG
bluefire579 said:

Maybe...

I mean, leave it to Disney to have a pretty good actor deliver possibly the most memorably garbage line in Hollywood history.
Lathspell
AG
twilly said:

I'm thinking it's just him contracting out to a mercenary band of Mandos. We know Bo's group are now hiring themselves out, around the galaxy.

That was a fun episode. You can't have enough scenes with Mandalorians kicking ass.

I was thinking the Armorer was going to remove her helmet as well, and reveal she's someone Bo knew. I'm a little iffy on this idea that now the Armorer is okay with Bo walking both paths. It's not like this has even been brought up before, and it just seems to rewrite everything we have learned up to this point.

That just came a little out of left field, for me. Perhaps if Bo had still been an Apostate when the Mythosaur revealed itself to her, I could see the Armorer taking that as a sign. However, Both had been redeemed immediately before seeing the Mythosaur, which I would think they would take as a sign that The Way is the only true path.
jeffk
AG
Another option is that the beskar on the shuttle is just a plant to implicate the Mandalorians by Gideon.
redline248
AG
jeffk said:

Another option is that the beskar on the shuttle is just a plant to implicate the Mandalorians by Gideon.
I had this thought as well. Other than the beskar staff Ahsoka took from that one chick, have we seen beskar weapons? How did a "fragment" break off and embed in the wall?
redline248
AG
DallasTeleAg said:

twilly said:

I'm thinking it's just him contracting out to a mercenary band of Mandos. We know Bo's group are now hiring themselves out, around the galaxy.

That was a fun episode. You can't have enough scenes with Mandalorians kicking ass.

I was thinking the Armorer was going to remove her helmet as well, and reveal she's someone Bo knew. I'm a little iffy on this idea that now the Armorer is okay with Bo walking both paths. It's not like this has even been brought up before, and it just seems to rewrite everything we have learned up to this point.

That just came a little out of left field, for me. Perhaps if Bo had still been an Apostate when the Mythosaur revealed itself to her, I could see the Armorer taking that as a sign. However, Both had been redeemed immediately before seeing the Mythosaur, which I would think they would take as a sign that The Way is the only true path.
I think we're seeing both of them, Bo-Katan and the armorer, kind of see the future blending of the paths. Bo-Katan seeing the mythosaur and then immediately, it would seem, pledging to follow The Creed, gave the armorer something to think about. She also can clearly see how naturally Bo-Katan leads and others follow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.