***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,272 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Some interesting thoughts/perspectives…

Beat40
I recall one of your thoughts being similar to Andrew Todd's that the covert is the cult. I'm not saying it isn't.

I was thinking the only reason we think they are a cult is because of Bo's speech when she first meet's Din about Death Watch and the covert being an offshoot of them.

I've also been thinking the Mandalorian people just went through a huge civil war and had their home planet bombed by the Empire. Many dead and displaced. That is a lot going on to a group of people and can certainly change a people's way of living.

It's possible we're seeing these people cope with rising from the ashes of the destruction of their people. I think we're seeing Bo, at least initially, trying to fairly assess this group as she meets them for the first time.

Going to be really interesting to see how the three (covert, Din, and Bo) handle things when they are put under stress of an enemy. Will they fracture?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I definitely share Andrew's opinion, but I fully admit/hope that things can get more interesting from here, in exactly the ways you and some of the replies above outline. I've always loved the idea of these different Mandalorian factions eventually coming together as one, and I definitely think that's where it's headed (before seeing further fractures/drama, of course). I just wish it had been set up better.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'm assuming greef calls mando about the pirates attacking. Will the armorer let them go to Navarro or deny them, clearly a lot of them go there, including Vizla. Is there a schism there? After all, it was Din's sin and Greef's betrayal that caused the covert to leave Navarro in the first place.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
TCTTS
AG
I loathe the idea of the pirates coming back - I'd much rather it be Gideon/the remnants of the Empire that bring Mando & co back into the fight - but what you're saying makes the most sense, based on what we've seen so far, along with what we know based on the remaining trailer footage.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Well your posts after the pirate episode should be a real hoot!
Saxsoon
AG

Ol_Ag_02
AG
The tweet you had about the beach fight sticks out to me. That was the exit point for me. Looked like a bunch of Starwars cosplayers just screwing around. Just seemed really low quality.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. They weren't even aiming at anything, either. They were just… haphazardly practicing shooting into the water? That whole scene felt so weird and lazy. When it would have been so easy to have, like, hovering targets or cooler, better-defined "training stations" or whatever. It just reeked of "Eh, whatever, let's just get to Grogu getting shot by paintballs."
ABATTBQ11
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I'm assuming greef calls mando about the pirates attacking. Will the armorer let them go to Navarro or deny them, clearly a lot of them go there, including Vizla. Is there a schism there? After all, it was Din's sin and Greef's betrayal that caused the covert to leave Navarro in the first place.

I bet they all go. Remember, Din was saved by Mandalorians when his homeword was attacked by separatists. Could be part of the Creed.
LB12Diamond
AG
Just chalk that last episode up to Carl Weathers. Low expectations
Beat40
Agreed. If the pirates do come back into play, I hope they are associated with Gideon/the remnants of the Empire. Really the only way I want to see the pirates back in the story.
Beat40
Yeah, I hear you. Certainly could have done it a different way.

When we got the Mines of Mandalore, I was certain the episodes were only going to ramp up from there. That part has been disappointing so far.

Hopefully the second half of the season the story really moves forward.
TCTTS
AG
I could live with that. They definitely need to be connected to a larger story/villain. Granted, they're still terrible regardless, but if they lead to or are in service of Gideon/the remnants of the empire, "I'll Allow It"/Chang gif.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I loathe the idea of the pirates coming back - I'd much rather it be Gideon/the remnants of the Empire that bring Mando & co back into the fight - but what you're saying makes the most sense, based on what we've seen so far, along with what we know based on the remaining trailer footage.
My take/prediction (likely to be very wrong)
Someone imperial blew up Bo Katan's place. What if it's Gideon attacking all the known associates of Din, which would put Greef's place in the potential line of fire.
Just as likely to be unrelated, but I hope we do figure out why Bo Katan's place and who did it.
goadius6
AG
I think it's pretty obvious where this is headed.
We've never seen this "cult" CotW do anything malicious right? Bo just thinks they're bad because of their predecessors. Her group of Mandos completely abandoned her and her quest to unite Mandolor, but then the CotW take her in as one of their own almost immediately, she will start to see that this group is good and she's found a new group of Mandos that can unite everyone.
The entire show we've heard them say "This is the way" so it's obvious that their way is in fact THE way. I do think there will be some big reveal with the amorer, maybe they have a fight and Din helps Bo defeat her and they together take the rest of the CotW and reunite the mandos.
jokershady
AG
Alright take your guesses….which episode do you think we get the conclusion of Grogu's back story cause they definitely set that up with this last episode:

a. Episode 5
b. Episode 6
c. Episode 7
d. Episode 8
e. Not happening till Season 4

My guess is episode 7. Have it as a big hook for what's to come in episode 8…
The Porkchop Express
AG
jokershady said:

Alright take your guesses….which episode do you think we get the conclusion of Grogu's back story cause they definitely set that up with this last episode:

a. Episode 5
b. Episode 6
c. Episode 7
d. Episode 8

Episode 8 - they show Baby Grogu choke Ahmed Best's Jedi while he pilots the space craft, kill him, take the ship and go on a 28-year killing / pirating / whoring spree. One year before the first season of Mando, a can of baked beans rolls off a shelf and hits him in the head and knocks him out cold. He's capture by the random pirates from the first episode of Mando and the rest is history.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AGC
AG
TCTTS said:

Agreed. They weren't even aiming at anything, either. They were just… haphazardly practicing shooting into the water? That whole scene felt so weird and lazy. When it would have been so easy to have, like, hovering targets or cooler, better-defined "training stations" or whatever. It just reeked of "Eh, whatever, let's just get to Grogu getting shot by paintballs."

Kinda had a foot clan vibe from the 90s TMNT movies. Surprised there weren't video games in the background.
jokershady
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

jokershady said:

a. Episode 5
b. Episode 6
c. Episode 7
d. Episode 8

Episode 8 - they show Baby Grogu choke Ahmed Best's Jedi while he pilots the space craft, kill him, take the ship and go on a 28-year killing / pirating / whoring spree. One year before the first season of Mando, a can of baked beans rolls off a shelf and hits him in the head and knocks him out cold. He's capture by the random pirates from the first episode of Mando and the rest is history.
Beat40
jokershady said:

a. Episode 5
b. Episode 6
c. Episode 7
d. Episode 8

I guess I'm not even really sure the point of Grogu's back story unless they are ultimately going to connect it to Pershing/Gideon/Empire.
redline248
AG
jokershady said:

a. Episode 5
b. Episode 6
c. Episode 7
d. Episode 8

I will guess not until season 4. 1 episode last season, 1 this season, etc
AggieRAB05
AG
To add on to the Grogu force choking Jar Jar. Wouldn't it be neat if he was the chosen one who ride and control the Mythosaur with the force. Din hands off the Darksaber to him as swords were passed on during medieval times. This is his origin story and he is The Mandalorian. Now we have to wait another 50 seasons before he can take the creed. Or maybe he ushers in a new era of Mandalorians not having to wear a helmet.

Favreau did say this was a breakout season for Grogu. I have lost faith in Star Wars after Disney took over.
redline248
AG
AggieRAB05 said:

To add on to the Grogu force choking Jar Jar. Wouldn't it be neat if he was the chosen one who ride and control the Mythosaur with the force. Din hands off the Darksaber to him as swords were passed on during medieval times. This is his origin story and he is The Mandalorian. Now we have to wait another 50 seasons before he can take the creed. Or maybe he ushers in a new era of Mandalorians not having to wear a helmet.

Favreau did say this was a breakout season for Grogu. I have lost faith in Star Wars after Disney took over.

More accurate to say you have no faith in Disney. Star Wars is fine.
The Porkchop Express
AG

Tonight's episode is 41 minutes, Episode 6 is 44 minutes.

AggieRAB05
AG
Or Mrs Kennedy.
CondensedFogAggie
Beat40 said:

When we got the Mines of Mandalore, I was certain the episodes were only going to ramp up from there. That part has been disappointing so far.

Yeah in retrospect going from the gigantic post-apocalyptic ruins of the Mandalorian civilization to a bunch of spelunking larpers jogging around was jaring.

Even that Grogu duel with the soon to be eaten boy was really eh.
ABATTBQ11
AG
CondensedFogAggie said:

Beat40 said:

Yeah in retrospect going from the gigantic post-apocalyptic ruins of the Mandalorian civilization to a bunch of spelunking larpers jogging around was jaring.

Even that Grogu duel with the soon to be eaten boy was really eh.

I'm thinking Bo Katan is going to take over their training, and that was really to show that while they're ready and willing, they're a rag tag outfit and lack the leadership, order, and discipline of a true fighting force. Bo's done this sort of thing before, though, so she's really the perfect one to train them for real combat.
TCTTS
AG
goadius6 said:

I think it's pretty obvious where this is headed.
We've never seen this "cult" CotW do anything malicious right? Bo just thinks they're bad because of their predecessors. Her group of Mandos completely abandoned her and her quest to unite Mandolor, but then the CotW take her in as one of their own almost immediately, she will start to see that this group is good and she's found a new group of Mandos that can unite everyone.
The entire show we've heard them say "This is the way" so it's obvious that their way is in fact THE way. I do think there will be some big reveal with the amorer, maybe they have a fight and Din helps Bo defeat her and they together take the rest of the CotW and reunite the mandos.

They may not be "malicious," but they're weird as hell and hard to root for. The helmet rule alone is enough to turn me off of their "way." Anyone *that* strict/dogmatic isn't rational or relatable. So if this isn't a story about Mando leaving his extremist clan and finding his own path, I hope it's one in which he or Bo or both ultimately change the clan in some way. Some middle ground kind of thing. At the very least, have them do away with the stupid helmet rule.
91_Aggie
AG
I know I need more suspension of disbelief but...
1. What the heck were the rules of the paintball battle??! The kid could have easily shot Grogu 3x in quick succession but stopped for some reason... then Grogu goes all Parkour and then fires off 3 shots?

2. Why would the dinosaur/dragon think not feed the kid to its kids as soon as it got back... instead it waited almost 2 days?

3. and that kid was barely a snack.

okay... i'll stop being too realistic now.
-------------------------------------------------------
"91_Aggie is right again." -YankeeAg00
"91a: You are so classy." -abl
"and i find myself agreeing with 91 yet again..." -Gramercy Riffs
The Porkchop Express
AG
You guys need to start a podcast.
TCTTS
AG
Peter Ramsey is one of three directors of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse...

The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Peter Ramsey is one of three directors of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse...

Recapping tomorrow? Cmon, German!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.