***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,596 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

redline248 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

I was watching some videos with people talking about a couple of these episodes, and I just don't get where this idea that there is some form of antagonistic relationship between Bo and the Armorer comes from. So many keep saying that, and NOTHING that we have seen even remotely gives off that vibe.

The armorer knew who Bo was, and told Mando during Season 2, in a very matter of fact way (as she says most things). She then immediately accepts her as part of the covert, provides words of praise for Bo's actions, immediately sees a need for another piece of armor and offers it to her. Bo obviously feels some form of camaraderie, respect, or trust with the Armorer from these interactions to bring up seeing the Mythosaur. I don't think the Armorer was being dismissive, but merely responding and eventually just saying, "This is the Way."

The Armorer doesn't seem to have any motive in anything, other than living the Creed. I see her more as a mandalorian monk than anything else. Unless Bo attempts to corrupt the others or somehow tries to tear apart the Creed from within the Covert, I don't see why the Armorer would be an enemy. And from what we've seen, I believe that is last thing we would see happen. As I've mentioned already, I believe Bo is beginning to respect The Children of the Watch.
The armorer knows Bo-katan, but it's possible (likely?) that Bo-katan doesn't realize she knows the armorer.

That is to say the armorer's identity is currently unknown, but under the helmet is likely someone that Bo-katan knows from the pre-empire era. Death Watch, of which Bo-katan was once a member, didn't always keep the helmets on around others like this current group.

Now, as you say, there is nothing shown in this series that I recall which gives much, if any indication of a past acquaintance. The theories pop up because the armorer is so mysterious, knows so much of the history, and her helmet is very reminiscent of Darth Maul, who ran Death Watch literally hours before the rise of the empire.

Edit to add: The armorer probably also knows that if Bo-katan joins her sect it would only help solidify the Creed for the future of all mandalorians.

I doubt Bo Katan knows the armorer, though it's possible. The Children of the Watch seem different than Death Watch. CotW is more spiritually motivated and DW was more politically motivated. The armorer probably knows Bo Katan because she's kind of (in)famous.

I think Bo is becoming a born again Mandalorian, and she's finding religion in CotW. Her conversation in the mines kind of sets this up. I get the feeling she came to find her life on Mandalore superficial and kind of fake, but here's Din Djarin and this covert living The Way and they're genuine and profound. They're Death Watch without the politics and power seeking.

IMO Bo ends up riding the mythosaur. It's a recurring motif of change or a kind of rebirth that we've seen since season 1 when Kuiil taught Din how to ride the blurrgs. He does that, and then what does he do? He saves Grogu and starts this whole quest and new life. He's got purpose. Boba Fett rides the rancor into battle and solidifies his change from a ruthless bounty hunter to... Something else. Bo is going to end up on the mythosaur (this season seems to be about her changing after all), and I think Din somehow uses this as a way to give her the dark saber and move on with his life with Grogu while she rebuilds Mandalore. Bo riding the mythosaur will symbolize her spiritual transition and the rebirth of Mandalorian society as a whole.

If this is the case - which would be awesome - the show should have focused on Bo from the beginning. Not necessarily in place of the Mando/Grogu story, but at least a 50/50 split where we're cutting back-and-forth between their stories, which are unconnected at first and then finally connect. Because that's a really, really strong arc that actually moves in one direction (and doesn't see Bo back at square one, like Mando currently is). Otherwise, it currently feels like the Mando arc/show is basically over, and the Bo show is slowly taking its place? Which is super weird storytelling, but at this point it's just like...

TCTTS
AG
bobinator said:

He's not only like effectively back where he started, which happens sometimes in TV shows, he literally went through a religious process to get back to where he started.

So this entire thing has basically just been an exercise in solidifying Mando's faith? Which is fine, I guess, if not for the fact that they've done nothing but make his faith out to be in devotion to a cult made up of a bunch of boring, weirdo extremists. Ha, that's such a crazy premise to build a Disney+ Star Wars show around, aimed at 14-year-olds. "Yeah, so this guy who is already fully drinking the Kool-Aid? It turns out he's not drinking the Kool-Aid enough."
TCTTS
AG
cbr said:

what's even funnier is you and i seem to agree on this one, lol.

Southlake
When the Dragon Bird fell into the lake and was eaten, my daughter said, "There's always a bigger fish!"

Atta Girl!
jokershady
AG
jokershady said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Carl Weathers has Tweeted that this week's chapter 20, directed by him and co-written by Favreau and Filoni is called The Foundling.
there's been hints that we're gonna see how the dark saber was stolen so my guess is either it'll tie in to that somehow…..

OR….

We see Din's backstory as hinted in the end of season 1 how he knew who Moff Gideon was due to some attack that had happened and how he joined the Mandalorians after being found as a child

OR…….

We get Grogus backstory and how he was rescued.

I really want to see how Grogu was rescued….

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Loved this episode! While there's obviously more to the story we finally got to see how he got out and this new Jedi.

The foundling rescue was pretty cool as well.

But above all I did NOT EXPECT the transition we are seeing with Bo Katan. I am suddenly very bought in to her character and want to see what happens next!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Southlake said:

When the Dragon Bird fell into the lake and was eaten, my daughter said, "There's always a bigger fish!"

Atta Girl!

You raised her right.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm really enjoying some of the creature design this season.

The flying monster was cool. And the skeletal creature & its Mech under Mandalore were great.
Thanks and gig'em
exitone
AG
I love this show, but I think for it to progress (and not spiral downwards into a fan berated show), they will have to take Grogu from a practical effect to CGI. I know they don't want to do that, but the puppet just doesn't work when he is not in his hover pram. I mean, he's 50. It's time to walk around.
He needs to be able to walk and not waddle.
He needs to start speaking a few words of basic.
He needs to start showing a bit more agility.
The Porkchop Express
AG
exitone said:

I love this show, but I think for it to progress (and not spiral downwards into a fan berated show), they will have to take Grogu from a practical effect to CGI. I know they don't want to do that, but the puppet just doesn't work when he is not in his hover pram. I mean, he's 50. It's time to walk around.
He needs to be able to walk and not waddle.
He needs to start speaking a few words of basic.
He needs to start showing a bit more agility.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Red Five
AG
And he can KICK and he can STRETCH and he can KICK!
ChipFTAC01
AG
What did Padme's guard say when Jedi Jar Jar rolled up? "Where are x and x?" And I think he said they were right behind?
redline248
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

What did Padme's guard say when Jedi Jar Jar rolled up? "Where are x and x?" And I think he said they were right behind?
I don't know about the first part, but I think he was talking about the clones being right behind
The Porkchop Express
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I think he said where are the others, and Master K said there are no others.

ChipFTAC01
AG
I'll have to go back and watch it with closed captioning when I'm not 5 drinks in.
ABATTBQ11
AG
TCTTS said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

redline248 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

I was watching some videos with people talking about a couple of these episodes, and I just don't get where this idea that there is some form of antagonistic relationship between Bo and the Armorer comes from. So many keep saying that, and NOTHING that we have seen even remotely gives off that vibe.

The armorer knew who Bo was, and told Mando during Season 2, in a very matter of fact way (as she says most things). She then immediately accepts her as part of the covert, provides words of praise for Bo's actions, immediately sees a need for another piece of armor and offers it to her. Bo obviously feels some form of camaraderie, respect, or trust with the Armorer from these interactions to bring up seeing the Mythosaur. I don't think the Armorer was being dismissive, but merely responding and eventually just saying, "This is the Way."

The Armorer doesn't seem to have any motive in anything, other than living the Creed. I see her more as a mandalorian monk than anything else. Unless Bo attempts to corrupt the others or somehow tries to tear apart the Creed from within the Covert, I don't see why the Armorer would be an enemy. And from what we've seen, I believe that is last thing we would see happen. As I've mentioned already, I believe Bo is beginning to respect The Children of the Watch.
The armorer knows Bo-katan, but it's possible (likely?) that Bo-katan doesn't realize she knows the armorer.

That is to say the armorer's identity is currently unknown, but under the helmet is likely someone that Bo-katan knows from the pre-empire era. Death Watch, of which Bo-katan was once a member, didn't always keep the helmets on around others like this current group.

Now, as you say, there is nothing shown in this series that I recall which gives much, if any indication of a past acquaintance. The theories pop up because the armorer is so mysterious, knows so much of the history, and her helmet is very reminiscent of Darth Maul, who ran Death Watch literally hours before the rise of the empire.

Edit to add: The armorer probably also knows that if Bo-katan joins her sect it would only help solidify the Creed for the future of all mandalorians.

I doubt Bo Katan knows the armorer, though it's possible. The Children of the Watch seem different than Death Watch. CotW is more spiritually motivated and DW was more politically motivated. The armorer probably knows Bo Katan because she's kind of (in)famous.

I think Bo is becoming a born again Mandalorian, and she's finding religion in CotW. Her conversation in the mines kind of sets this up. I get the feeling she came to find her life on Mandalore superficial and kind of fake, but here's Din Djarin and this covert living The Way and they're genuine and profound. They're Death Watch without the politics and power seeking.

IMO Bo ends up riding the mythosaur. It's a recurring motif of change or a kind of rebirth that we've seen since season 1 when Kuiil taught Din how to ride the blurrgs. He does that, and then what does he do? He saves Grogu and starts this whole quest and new life. He's got purpose. Boba Fett rides the rancor into battle and solidifies his change from a ruthless bounty hunter to... Something else. Bo is going to end up on the mythosaur (this season seems to be about her changing after all), and I think Din somehow uses this as a way to give her the dark saber and move on with his life with Grogu while she rebuilds Mandalore. Bo riding the mythosaur will symbolize her spiritual transition and the rebirth of Mandalorian society as a whole.

If this is the case - which would be awesome - the show should have focused on Bo from the beginning. Not necessarily in place of the Mando/Grogu story, but at least a 50/50 split where we're cutting back-and-forth between their stories, which are unconnected at first and then finally connect. Because that's a really, really strong arc that actually moves in one direction (and doesn't see Bo back at square one, like Mando currently is). Otherwise, it currently feels like the Mando arc/show is basically over, and the Bo show is slowly taking its place? Which is super weird storytelling, but at this point it's just like...

Mando isn't really at square one, though. He's got Grogu, and for a guy who was basically a loner at the beginning, that's pretty big.

And sometimes it's not about the destination, but the journey. Maybe the story isn't necessarily about Din changing himself, but how he changes other people. He's had huge of impacts on Nevarro, Bo Katan, and potentially Mandalore. Capturing Gideon was pretty big as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
See, that's the kind of thing that I love in a show (or movie) even if only my subconscious makes note bc of the action taking most focus.

And I've always loved Bo-Katan's ship.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

See, that's the kind of thing that I love in a show (or movie) even if only my subconscious makes note bc of the action taking most focus.

And I've always loved Bo-Katan's ship.

Fang fighters are one of the best ship designs in Star Wars.
jeffk
AG
The fang Lego set is pretty BA.
LB12Diamond
AG
This was the episode Weathers did? Now I get all the items already talked about that were lazy writing.
Rudyjax
AG
Not going to read anything but direct replies as I haven't caught up.

Was the end of season 2 when Luke took Grogu? And then season 3 starts from that point? Or did I miss a season?
jeffk
AG
Yes, S2 ends with Luke and Grogu departing together. But no, S3 doesn't pick up there as the writers decided to add some critical Mando/Grogu content to their Book of Boba Fett show. There's some good recap videos on YouTube if you search "book of boba fett mando recap."
Rudyjax
AG
jeffk said:

Yes, S2 ends with Luke and Grogu departing together. But no, S3 doesn't pick up there as the writers decided to add some critical Mando/Grogu content to their Book of Boba Fett show. There's some good recap videos on YouTube if you search "book of boba fett mando recap."
So now I need to watch Boba Fett? Do I need to finish Obi-Wan?
jeffk
AG
Not for Mando content, no.
The Porkchop Express
AG
There's very little left from the trailer we haven't seen other than a lot of shots of Pirate v. Mando on Nevarro, the droid bar, and what looks like Mandos pursuing Mandos in ships, along with a very green planet with a dome on it.

I wonder if Christopher Lloyd will show up as a voice of a droid or the only human in the droid bar?
redline248
AG
Could the green planet with dome be a flashback to mandalore? I think one of the major cities was domed in The Clone Wars...
Gigem314
AG
Quote:

I wonder if Christopher Lloyd will show up as a voice of a droid or the only human in the droid bar?
Hopefully he can hold his liquor this time...

ABATTBQ11
AG
jeffk said:

The fang Lego set is pretty BA.

I want a UCS version
Beat40
So, where do we have episode 5 going. I have no idea at this point.

My hope is we get some info on why Bo Katan was attacked by the TIEs and some conversation between Bo, Din, and the Armorer to set where the Mandalorians are going for the rest of the season.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
TCTTS said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

redline248 said:

DallasTeleAg said:

Yup. This show ended after season 2. Season 3 is a different show with the same characters.
LB12Diamond
AG
Just watched Riddick on Netflix this weekend. No idea it that actress was the same one. Besides this show, could not remember her in anything else.

"All sweet like"
bonfarr
AG
I have been disappointed in the current season of Mandalorian. It just isn't must see TV for me like the previous seasons were. Nothing special about the story lines and the I have found myself bored at times.

I wonder if Favreau has lost interest in the series.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
The Porkchop Express
AG
New Posters

Malachi Constant
AG
I've been in Vegas all week for March Madness (my part) and Taylor Swift (my wife's part) so I didn't get to watch this episode until last night.

Based on the 200+ replies on this thread I was expecting something amazing. But wow, that episode was a little disappointing
ABATTBQ11
AG
Beat40 said:

So, where do we have episode 5 going. I have no idea at this point.

My hope is we get some info on why Bo Katan was attacked by the TIEs and some conversation between Bo, Din, and the Armorer to set where the Mandalorians are going for the rest of the season.

Nevarro

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.