***** THE MANDALORIAN SEASON 3 Official Thread *****

131,388 Views | 1857 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jokershady
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Both Emily Swallow and Ahmed Best voice acted in The Last of Us: Part II
Red Five
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I imagine there's a Redd Foxx character on some planet with a junkyard full of Mando parts. But if I lived there I would be a little distressed why Geogu and Bo Katan are getting Beskae pieces 12 hours after they showed up!
Grogu was given an armor piece made of Beskar scraps, as are all Foundlings as stated by The Armorer. Bo-Katan rescued a Foundling, the highest honor of the Creed, again according to The Armorer. She seems to have been compensated appropriately.
jeffk
AG
Best being a Jedi badass was definitely fan-service, but it doesn't really change the episode for the casual viewer (in a good or bad way). They could have hired some random guy or gal to play the part of saving Grogu, but this was a nice little attaboy to someone who's been in the system a long time.

I guess we're supposed to assume the attack on the temple went on long enough for news to spread and Padme to decide to send her totally nondescript and low-key ship to go and rescue any surviving younglings.?
The Porkchop Express
AG
Red Five said:

I imagine there's a Redd Foxx character on some planet with a junkyard full of Mando parts. But if I lived there I would be a little distressed why Geogu and Bo Katan are getting Beskae pieces 12 hours after they showed up!
Grogu was given an armor piece made of Beskar scraps, as are all Foundlings as stated by The Armorer. Bo-Katan rescued a Foundling, the highest honor of the Creed, again according to The Armorer. She seems to have been compensated appropriately.
I was just making a joke.
Feels so good, feelin' good again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly it doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering the timeline of ROTS.

Anakin went to see Padme right after Order 66 and she was still in disbelief of what had happened. And it also seemed like she was just hearing about it for the first time.

But somehow she had the foresight to send her ship to start rescuing Jedi before knowing anything about the attack or what was going on. She had her suspicions that they were on the "wrong side", but it doesn't quite jive with her reaction in that scene with Anakin.
Hungry Ojos

Red Five said:

I was just making a joke.

Dude, strict adherence to Mandalorian canon is no joke.
chase128
AG
Could the crew of the ship acted on their own volition?
The Porkchop Express
AG
jeffk said:

Best being a Jedi badass was definitely fan-service, but it doesn't really change the episode for the casual viewer (in a good or bad way). They could have hired some random guy or gal to play the part of saving Grogu, but this was a nice little attaboy to someone who's been in the system a long time.

I guess we're supposed to assume the attack on the temple went on long enough for news to spread and Padme to decide to send her totally nondescript and low-key ship to go and rescue any surviving younglings.?
Well Padme, does help refugees and orphans a few times in the comics and the Clone Wars, and goes offf on her one volition, so maybe Filoni hit on that thread. The Jedi Temple is enormous, it's not like the clones took the whole thing over in 30 minutes.

If the Jedi knew her as a friend - and not as Darth Vader's wifey - you could conceive of her deciding to help out after Anakin stormed off to Mustafar and sending a coded signal to the Temple saying we're friends, let us help and coordinates to her secondary ship.

Here's some Jedi Temple architecture which would make you assume it would take hours upon hours if not days to search the whole thing for the Clones. Especially since none of them besides Anakin had probably ever been in there.

redline248
AG
Would have been cool if, as Grogu is escaping, we get a shot of a future 7th sister (or whatever) pretending to be dead under a pile of bodies.
bobinator
AG
I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been covered but just want the "this is frustrating" people to know there are other people on their side.

I find myself thinking "wait, what was the point of that?" a lot during this show.
combat wombat™
AG
FTR, by "we" I mean mostly my husband. But I'm not going to argue with him about it. Disney HAS gone off the rails with some of the kids' programming and we have three in the house.
The Porkchop Express
AG
combat wombat said:

FTR, by "we" I mean mostly my husband. But I'm not going to argue with him about it. Disney HAS gone off the rails with some of the kids' programming and we have three in the house.
WALTON LOADS!
AG
Maybe it wasn't Padme's ship. Couldn't there be other Naboo cruisers that look like that?
The Porkchop Express
AG
WALTON LOADS! said:

Maybe it wasn't Padme's ship. Couldn't there be other Naboo cruisers that look like that?
She took her own ship to Mustafar shortly thereafter, or perhaps even before. That's clearly a smaller one from the same planet. Maybe it was Jar Jar's ship, he was a Senator from Naboo as well!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy crap. What if that WAS Jar Jar's ship? It's like a double Jar Jar easter egg.

JarJarception!
combat wombat™
AG
I'm done. Anything else I say will go straight to the politics board.
WES2006AG
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Holy crap. What if that WAS Jar Jar's ship? It's like a double Jar Jar easter egg.

JarJarception!
ScreenCrush mentioned that as a possibility
WALTON LOADS!
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

JarJarception!
What if it's Palpatine's ship??
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

JarJarception!
We just broke the Internet, Ags.

The Nubian escape ship for Grogu on Mando

The Nubian ship Jar Jar takes on a diplomatic mission with Padme and C3PO in the "Bombad Jedi" episode of Clone Wars from the first season: Ahmed Best voiced him in Season I.

bobinator
AG
WALTON LOADS! said:

What if it's Palpatine's ship??
Every episode of this show should be dedicated to at least a few minutes of flashbacks with the exclusive goal of establishing a clear chain of custody of Grogu.
jeffk
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
Y'all with the dino-bird thing.

It has a crop like most/all birds, it holds food there. Large birds of prey often hold food for their babies in the crop for hours - MAYBE even over night, lots of times it'll soften it up and even start the digestion process.

That was the least silly thing about the episode, from someone who knows bird biology.
The Porkchop Express
AG
OnlyForNow said:

It has a crop like most/all birds, it holds food there. Large birds of prey often hold food for their babies in the crop for hours - MAYBE even over night, lots of times it'll soften it up and even start the digestion process.

That was the least silly thing about the episode, from someone who knows bird biology.
Not to mention it's a made-up creature on a made-up planet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
OnlyForNow said:

chase128
AG
Who knew we had a guy versed in Bird Law on the entertainment board
bobinator
AG
Speaking of bird law, if one of those things would have killed Din would it become the rightful owner of the Darksaber?
OnlyForNow
AG
Unequivocally
The Porkchop Express
AG
chase128 said:

Who knew we had a guy versed in Bird Law on the entertainment board
Is this OnlyForNow's actual photo?

beagle2009
AG
I thought it was hilariously cartoonish when they rolled the 3 baby dragon birds out of Bo's ship at the end. No way in hell they could have fit/transported those things without some kind of containment or sedation.
bobinator
AG
beagle2009 said:

I thought it was hilariously cartoonish when they rolled the 3 baby dragon birds out of Bo's ship at the end. No way in hell they could have fit/transported those things without some kind of containment or sedation.
Here's the thing, I actually kinda liked that. If this show is going to lean into being a little silly, then that's fine. The inconsistency of the tone is one of the things I don't like about it. One scene is "this is supposed to be funny and we are not taking this seriously," famously the scene with the two stormtroopers and grogu.

But then there will be like a whole episode that is very "this is a very serious and subtle show."
Quad Dog
AG
beagle2009 said:

But it does mean that someday in the future we will get Bo-Katan flying through the air on the back of a fully grown dragon fighting a Mythosaur. Even better if the Dragon is wearing a Mandalorian helmet. It would look awesome painted on the side of a van.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I say 99% chance bo katan rides the mythosaur and fights some Moff Gideon imperial machine by seasons end. Maybe even after Moff Gideon takes the Saber from Mando.
redline248
AG
They really like taming their creatures on these SW shows. Mando rides a blurrg, Boba rides a rancor, now Grogu and Paz's kid +some rando will ride dragons.

Probably call them something weird like Yodan, Macerion, and Lukegal
hurleyag
AG
Bo on the mythosuar
Boba on his rancor
Din, grogu, vizsla on the dragonbirds
The Porkchop Express
AG
Mephisto confirmed

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.