*****Yellowstone Season 3*****

82,269 Views | 624 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Belton Ag
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another guilty pleasure show that isn't that great but it's summer, we're suffering through the Rona and we are desperate for content.

New season begins tonight. Sawyer from LOST is cast in this season. Let's see how much of a ***** they can continue to make Jamie.
redsquirrelAG
AG
In. Finally something decent.
aggierogue
AG
Anyone know how soon it will be available on Amazon Prime?
aggierogue
AG
Nevermind. YouTube TV has added it.

Badass.
Ulrich
This show has high highs and boring melodramatic lows. Hoping this is the season they figure it all out.
Charpie
AG
redsquirrelAG said:

In. Finally something decent.
Charpie
AG
I can see Jamie will be a disappointment
ExpressAg11
AG
Good to see Monica is still the absolute worst. She fits in perfect in today's world with all her complaining and finger pointing.
Thunder18
AG
It's more entertaining than most everything else on TV right now
gigemJTH12
AG
Super slow first episode.

One of my only complaints of the first two seasons was that too many big things happened. It was just a little out there how many huge things happened to them one after another.

Now not one really exciting thing happens in the premier...lol
ChipFTAC01
AG
It was a slow episode but it looks like there's gonna be a **** ton of action and about 6 different major plot lines based on the season preview.
aggierogue
AG
Putting up with long commercial breaks is brutal.

I'm almost tempted to let it play out and watch it again on Prime
Ulrich
ExpressAg11 said:

Good to see Monica is still the absolute worst. She fits in perfect in today's world with all her complaining and finger pointing.

It's a lot better if you fast forward any time she's on screen. So far I haven't missed anything plot-wise, and it cuts down on pointless moping by 80%. Jamie is too involved in the plot to do the same.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I laughed at her getting lost in the house. Despite their massive landholdings the main house isn't some rambling 10,000 sf house. Maybe she's just confused because she grew up in a trailer.
Big Al 1992
AG
Telling the students to get off their phones - that scene was awful. And what was the point?? Not even Skyler would have done something so cringeworthy.
Bunk Moreland
There are probably 4 scenes an episode where I immediately laugh and say "they had to have only shot 1 take and moved on"....that was one of them.
ExpressAg11
AG
I need to start trying that. What has she added to the show in over 2 seasons now? Literally nothing, other than being a pain in Kayce's backside and reminding the Dutton's how they stole her families land hundreds of years ago.
Ulrich
She does four things that I can see. One is to talk about how Indians used to own the land, but Rainwater does that and does it better. The second is to worry when the kid is in danger, but Kayce and John do that, too. The third is to be the one to make sure viewers know that the ranch isn't necessarily the good guy. Plenty of antagonists say that, but they are enemies so it doesn't help the viewer. The problem is that (a) she already hated the Duttons so she can't really be the conscience, and (b) it's always bundled up in "150 years ago this was my people's land", so again she has a personal grudge. The fourth is to emote on behalf of all these other stoic characters. She does that pretty well, but it has to be in small doses, otherwise she comes off like an emotional punching bag.

There have been a handful of moments that I thought she was good, but they are few and far between. She doesn't DO anything, she needs to be an active part of the plot or stop getting screen time.
aggierogue
AG
It's one episode. I'm sure she's going to be a part of the drama that unfolds this season. Most of the best shows have a time period to set up the storyline.
Southlake
Every now and then a fun show just hits a point where you've seen it all before and it's just rehashing plot lines from another angle. Unless episode 2 is markedly better, I'm out.

Shark is halfway out of the water...

Ulrich
This is the third season, she's been the same all the way through.
ExpressAg11
AG
My issue is they want you to be sympathetic to her, but her hypocrisy prevents it:

-"The Dutton's stole our land and are the enemy"; proceeds to marry and have child with a Dutton and then live on said land with the Dutton's
-"Kayce's family puts my family in danger"; proceeds to cheat on Kayce and put their marriage in danger
gigemJTH12
AG
I for one am more annoyed by the complaining about Monica than I am by Monica.
emando2000
AG
Slow episode but you can tell there will plenty of good ones to follow. This show has always delivered so I'm not too worried.

I'm probably gonna buy a new vehicle in the next month and not gonna lie....I looked up dodge trucks while I was watching, lol!
10Aggie10
AG
Love me some Cole Hauser as Rip
SockDePot
Did they take season 2 off the paramount app?

We went to binge the last half season 2 and catchup and can't find season 1 or 2 on there any more.

Limited internet research said they sold the license?
Charpie
AG
It looks like Yellowstone is going to be viewed on Peacock
TheSheik
AG
10Aggie10 said:

Love me some Cole Hauser as Rip
I find it hard to reconcile badboy Rip with Cole in "real life" as the guy hanging out with our favorite tea-sip Matthew McConaughey while he played naked bongos at 2am back in the day
ChipFTAC01
AG
Was he really?
TheSheik
AG
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/mcconaughey-nude-bongo-bust-anniversary-205129

Dont get me wrong - I enjoy Houser's version of Rip and I like some of Mathew Mc work, but I think he's bit of Hollywood tool
ChipFTAC01
AG
My favorite Cole Haiser moment is when he stands up from his lawn chair in the back of his pickup truck, realizes he's hammered and sits back down. In a movie full of funny and iconic moments, it's probably my favorite little funny nugget.
jhermon
gigemJTH12 said:

I for one am more annoyed by the complaining about Monica than I am by Monica.
I have to agree. If it wasn't for Monica, we wouldn't have had the scene in the boutique where Beth destroys the *&^%% stereotyping her. Although, Monica had to ruin a good thing by 'forgiving her' instead of letting Beth make her &*%* the mannequin!
Stive
AG
Such a great scene!!!
Silky Johnston
You think he's a tool because he likes to party?
TheSheik
AG
Oh no... I think he's a tool because he exhibits so many tool like attributes in all the interviews and candid activities he's captured in - granted I don't know him and none of that may be representative of him in real life

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.