*****Yellowstone Season 3*****

81,692 Views | 624 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Belton Ag
Hey Nav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

I've watched Hell or High Water countless times. Although, I'm sure this series is more committee driven.
Hell or High Water was excellent. Thanks for the reminder - I will put it on my watch list.

"So what DON'T you want?"
AgGrad99
AG
I'm late to the party but I finally caught up on the show....

This show is like a modern day Dallas. It's so stupid and ridiculous in so many ways, but it's also entertaining, so I keep tuning in.

They need to develop the story more. Stop throwing in ginormous plot lines, only for them to go away in an episode or two.

I dont think Jamie turned on the family. If he is involved, that would be really unrealistic and rushed. He just met his birth dad, who went from 'get away, go to your real family' to 'I am your only family' in less than a day. It's really unrealistic to think he got involved in this, within 12 hours. And the talks with his dad were pretty dumb. His dad is a poor ex-con, who knows nothing about his son...and is saying, 'you've done great for yourself...I made the right decision giving you to the Duttons'....to 'Kill the King' in the same conversation, as they dramatically gaze upon the open field.

I get that Market Equities is now playing Dirty, 'Yemin style'. Ok. But I mean...this is Montana. Not Yemin. This type of coordinated hit, and murder attempts would make national news. It would bring so much scrutiny and attention onto themselves. They are in direct competition with the Duttons, and they'd be the obvious/prime suspect. You'd think a hit on just one family member would be enough to get the message across. But nearly all of them? A bomb? Killing the Livestock commissioner who might be running for Governor? Innocent people dead as collateral damage? I mean...come on. This would hurt Market Equities way way way more than help them. It's also dumb, considering Sawyer (LOST) said that they were going to try to poke John Dutton, until 'he does something he cant take back'...then turns around and puts a hit out on the entire family.

I'm also a bit worn out with a lot of the dialogue. It's like every line is said is some dramatic fashion, intended to be the scene ender, but it doesn't end the scene. Beth is the worst at this. She apparently lacks the ability to have a normal conversation, and replies with everything in some dramatic/sarcastic way.

All that said, I keep tuning in. Not the best show, but it's a trainwreck I can't look away from
mike_ags_fan12
I'm over Beth tbh
Old RV Ag
AG
Hey Nav said:

Quote:

I've watched Hell or High Water countless times. Although, I'm sure this series is more committee driven.
Hell or High Water was excellent. Thanks for the reminder - I will put it on my watch list.

"So what DON'T you want?"
Best line in almost any movie. Same lady from No Country for Old Men "That room's got two double beds!"
gigemJTH12
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I'm also a bit worn out with a lot of the dialogue. It's like every line is said is some dramatic fashion, intended to be the scene ender, but it doesn't end the scene. Beth is the worst at this. She apparently lacks the ability to have a normal conversation, and replies with everything in some dramatic/sarcastic way.

THIS. My number one complaint of the show and Beth in particular. There are no just straight answers to anything. Everything is some huge symbolic metaphor that is completely unnecessary and is not how people talk.

Beths character never lets up from her schtick, And it wears me the F out.

Ulrich
The plot is just there to set up Dramatic Lines, there's not a whole lot of attempt to make it make sense. And some of the Dramatic Lines are so forced that even they don't really make sense, especially lately.

The worst part is that I don't get to ***** about it for the next few months.
Ulrich
The only way to make Jamie's father's lines make sense is if he decided to kill everyone so that Jamie inherits everything. Then he made the right decision AND the king should be killed. He would have to be lying about his real reason for killing Jamie's mother, but that would be more consistent with what John had said about him (and John is usually right).

John was killed by a white guy in the back of an old van, which makes more sense for a white trash ex-con than for the Indians or market equities.

That said... awfully quick turn around on all the violence. If I had to guess, ME did the bomb, the Indians killed livestock, and the father assassinated John. Unclear who would have gone after Kayce. Too many things happening at once though.
FishrCoAg
AG
Ulrich said:

The only way to make Jamie's father's lines make sense is if he decided to kill everyone so that Jamie inherits everything. Then he made the right decision AND the king should be killed. He would have to be lying about his real reason for killing Jamie's mother, but that would be more consistent with what John had said about him (and John is usually right).

John was killed by a white guy in the back of an old van, which makes more sense for a white trash ex-con than for the Indians or market equities.

That said... awfully quick turn around on all the violence. If I had to guess, ME did the bomb, the Indians killed livestock, and the father assassinated John. Unclear who would have gone after Kayce. Too many things happening at once though.
John isn't dead.
Ulrich
Oops, typing too fast, good catch. Meant shot.
Charpie
AG
This "show" is the highest rated cable tv show. While we might be tired of the sensationalization associated with how the characters are developed, people love it.

Beth is in pain. That's why her character is written that way. You saw some of her pain leave. If she isn't a *****, you will lose interest in her. After all, its a tv show.

And no one dies, y'all. The show wouldn't go anywhere if that was the case.
Old RV Ag
AG
Charpie said:

This "show" is the highest rated cable tv show. While we might be tired of the sensationalization associated with how the characters are developed, people love it.

Beth is in pain. That's why her character is written that way. You saw some of her pain leave. If she isn't a *****, you will lose interest in her. After all, its a tv show.

And no one dies, y'all. The show wouldn't go anywhere if that was the case.
Yep. Bullseye. Lots of folks are too young to remember Dallas - it was just as out there on the edge and everything was sinister, big earthshaking dialogue, nothing was anything but major drama, etc.

Agree about Beth, she has no depth (other than pain) so there isn't anything more to develop. And no one dies. The show would lose too much if Beth, Kayce, Jaime, Rip, or John die. Jimmie could but he's too popular. None of the Dutton's (and even Monica folks) or Rip die - the show would be severely damaged/limited. If they killed off Rip (which they aren't), Walker would have to fill the void and power struggle - but he's not a Rip character as he's too much a maverick/antagonist.

Taylor knows he's got us all hooked regardless - the scenery, modern western, great cast, etc. will always keep us coming back.
Charpie
AG
And they can get away with a lot because its only 10 episodes. It's not like they have time to develop and evolve characters.
Bunk Moreland
Yep. Said it on page 3:

Quote:

This show is a mix of Dallas, Sons of Anarchy, and Deadwood. All in a blender. Just a primetime soap opera. And sure enough with the previews next week, here comes a biker gang.

AgGrad99
AG
Yep...Jerry Springer and Soap Operas got good ratings also. Ratings definitely doesn't mean high quality.

I think they're also getting a little bump from the lack of programming this year.

It drives me crazy, because it could be so much better...but it's a trainwreck I'll keep watching regardless.
Old RV Ag
AG
Charpie said:

And they can get away with a lot because its only 10 episodes. It's not like they have time to develop and evolve characters.
Exactly. They have to move fast. In the old days (yeah, I'm old), a season was 30+ so they could have a show about something not critical for the plot. If Yellowstone were 30 episodes, they could have a show of the wranglers going to town on payday and that be the entire thing - just a "fun" episode.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

I dont know. There are a lot of good shows with 10-12 episodes per season that do a great job of developing characters.
Bunk Moreland
I agree. I think at the end of last season I said it needed to pick up (or maybe early this year) or it could be my last. Then again during covid and summertime it was easy watching even with the lack of overall quality.

Oh well. Isn't a mount rushmore or even a top 20 great drama but it's good enough for now.
Charpie
AG
On network tv or Netflix?
Old RV Ag
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

I dont know. There are a lot of good shows with 10-12 episodes per season that do a great job of developing characters.

Yeah, Longmire was great at that and a good example. Also, thought The Americans did a great job.
AgGrad99
AG
Those are good examples.

Justified was another. Fargo comes to mind.

Ulrich
There are two hour movies that do a better job of developing characters. It's not a lack of time.
Col. Steve Austin
AG
Charpie said:

On network tv or Netflix?
Paramount Network

Quote:

If you're new to Yellowstone, then see what all the hype's about by buying season 1 and 2 on iTunes, Amazon.com, YouTube, Google Play, or Vudu. Unfortunately, Paramount Network no longer lets you stream older episodes on their website, so your options are limited if you're looking for a free option.
PDWT_12
AG
I know nobody cares but my favorite part of this season was Tate and John eating a bowl of Choco Chimps, which one year ago I wouldn't have known existed, but we bought a box recently for my son. It's a gluten free and dairy free cereal, not exactly something I would have expected a Montana Rancher to have in stock in the pantry.

Full disclosure, I think the Panda Puffs are better.
MooreTrucker
AG
Oh, I thought those were just a way to do Cocoa Puffs without actually saying the name.
AgGrad99
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Oh, I thought those were just a way to do Cocoa Puffs without actually saying the name.
I did too
PDWT_12
AG
AgGrad99 said:

MooreTrucker said:

I did too

Obviously whatever they paid for product placement was worth it.
TheSheik
AG
Season 4 - information

Filming in Parker County

https://outsider.com/news/yellowstone-tv/yellowstone-filming-season-4-in-texas-local-fans-freak-out/?fbclid=IwAR1DfBIz00qM7-WfyJAdEk6IwyWx7NWg9eInXfS8HcLrqELqfEyDWvB-Rkw

TheSheik
AG
Look who's alive

aggierogue
AG
F the haters. I love this show. I could watch it forever.
Capstone
AG
I'm about midway through season 2, so I haven't read any of this thread, but do they ever reveal why Beth absolutely loathes her brother Jamie?

I can't imagine having that much hate for someone and continually reminding them of how the world would be a better place if they weren't a part of it.
Belton Ag
AG
Capstone said:

I'm about midway through season 2, so I haven't read any of this thread, but do they ever reveal why Beth absolutely loathes her brother Jamie?

I can't imagine having that much hate for someone and continually reminding them of how the world would be a better place if they weren't a part of it.
Yes. It's finally addressed in Season 3.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.