Tiger King-Netflix

88,157 Views | 492 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by oragator
duck79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If anyone needs a documentary to binge while in isolation I'd give it a try. Wife and I listened to the podcast(Over My Dead Body) on our way to Colorado before the apocalypse and the story is crazy. It takes place in Oklahoma City and I was amazed I had never heard of it.
tylercsbn9
AG
This is what everyone will be talking about soon.

I too listened to the podcast so if it is as good as that was the doc will be riveting entertainment.
bonfarr
AG
On Ep 2 and am more fascinated by the menagerie of humans than the big cats. Rednecks, gay and straight, hypocritical animal rights activists, idiot celebrities, drug dealers, polygamist cult leaders. Crazy ****
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
bonfarr
AG
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Proposition Joe
We went to the zoo a few years back and when we came back we tried to explain how crazy it was (his music videos playing all over). Awesome this is getting national play.
bonfarr
AG
If I had seen this documentary thirty years ago and had learned that tiger cubs get you all the hot women you could ever want my life would have evolved very differently.
AG
Thanks, needed something to watch this weekend. I'll check it out.
s13fenton
https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/joe-exotic-a-dark-journey-into-the-world-of-a-man-gone-wild/

Texas Monthly had a lengthy story on this guy a while back, it's a good read.
johnrth
Some of the oddest people ever. But that Carole lady is a HUGE hypocrite that just knows how to get everyone on her side. The others are awfully cultish as well.
bonfarr
AG
johnrth said:

Some of the oddest people ever. But that Carole lady is a HUGE hypocrite that just knows how to get everyone on her side. The others are awfully cultish as well.

Black Widow is what she is , hopefully Karma strikes her down and she is eaten by a couple of big cats.
scoop12
AG
I'm through episode 3 so far and wow. This is an insanely entertaining group of characters. Carole seems like a complete psychopath.
tylercsbn9
AG
johnrth said:

She's no different than Joe.

Hopefully the documentary gets people to see that
Sex Panther
AG
I have no idea what this is, I just clicked on the thread with no context and now I am thoroughly confused and intrigued
HouseDivided06
AG
I started thus last night because of this thread. Watched 4 episodes. Some of the strangest people I've ever seen. Will likely finish it this morning.
Ghost91
Sex Panther said:

I have no idea what this is, I just clicked on the thread with no context and now I am thoroughly confused and intrigued

Username suggests otherwise.
Thisguy1
Just the trailer is one of the craziest things I've seen. Popped up on Netflix so I came here to see if anyone has watched it.
MookieBlaylock
AG
You had me at ghey gun toting mullet man

So in
Bunk Moreland
Binged it last night and this morning. It ended at the right time because I was getting sick and tired of the whole lot of em.

Wow what a bat **** crazy situation/industry/sub-culture. The guy at the beginning who talked about animal owners and specifically big cat owners all being crazy is exactly right.

Carole is as gross and evil as the rest of em. She just used the 'rescue' part to fool morons. And she's persistent and borderline harassing online it appears just like Joe.

Highly recommend during these times where we need different content to stimulate our increasingly bored minds. And this is different.
HouseDivided06
AG
Yep I did the same. Watched it all between last night and this morning and had to take a shower afterwards. That Jeff dude is the sleaziest of them all though. What a bunch of crazies though.
bonfarr
AG
I liked the Bagwan dude, he seemed smarter than the rest and he is really living the dream with the exception of his place getting raided by feds recently.
AG
Thanks for the rec. What a crazy group of characters, even down to the producer and campaign manager. Worth a watch for sure.
duck79
AG
The podcast doesn't touch on the other cat owners which is the main difference. It does also tell a story of Joe faking a hospital stay. He pulled the producer to the hospital and tried to convince him that he was on his death bed. This was right before they had the falling out.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Binged it last night and this morning. It ended at the right time because I was getting sick and tired of the whole lot of em.

How could you ever get tired of that aass Takashi?
AgPediRPh
AG

His youtube videos are unintentional comedy gold!
LHIOB
AG
bonfarr said:

I liked the Bagwan dude, he seemed smarter than the rest and he is really living the dream with the exception of his place getting raided by feds recently.

The role that Bill Paxton just missed out on. He would have been amazing playing Doc.
bonfarr
AG
We still have David Spade for the lead role in the film adaptation.

craig09
AG
My wife and I have agreed to this as our next Netflix show. A couple years ago a friend of mine told me about this tiger sanctuary he went to with a crazy guy named Joe Exotic walking with tigers. My buddy also told me to look up Joe's political campaign videos on YouTube. Pure gold. I Showed my wife some of them a couple years ago and she loved them too. When I saw this on Nextflix we agreed that we needed to see this.
AggieChemist
AG
Dafuq did I just stay up till 2 am watching?
Pahdz
If this is the same place I'm thinking of when I lived in OKC, there was a tornado outbreak one evening where there were reports on TV that night of tigers loose because the zoo took damage.
TexAgBolter
AG
Just finished. That was pure Netflix doc bliss. Every episode had at least one "record scratch" say what moment.
Sex Panther
AG
This was absolutely incredible... I cannot believe this is all real. I'm speechless.

It's like a Mike Judge comedy in real life
MookieBlaylock
AG
When is season 2?
CW Griswold
Doc Antle is my hero
Dumpster Fire
Every episode of this doc leaves me like this:

AgPediRPh
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Every episode had at least one "record scratch" say what moment.
Perfect description! And I'm convinced that Big Cat Rescue lady killed her husband and fed him to the tigers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.