***The Clone Wars S7 - Disney+***

27,118 Views | 307 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AliasMan02
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I can't get past the weird animation and the pencil thin lightsabers. (I know, Ralph McQuarrie...still hate it.)

I really enjoyed Clone Wars and may fill in some more gaps, but I probably won't do that one.
it has Mandalore, Maul, Sidious, Thrawn, Leia, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Yoda, Chewie, the droids, Obi-Wan, Luke (a bit), holocrons, Sith inquisitors, and Wedge Antilles. I'd watch that show if the art was stick figures.

This. Get over yourself with the animation. If you are a fan of Star Wars, you need to watch it.
Dro07
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

2) Wouldnt Ahoska and Rex try to contact someoone outside of the ship and see if it was just their clones gone crazy? Like cotnact the jedi temple?
I think Rex said something to her about it towards the end of Shattered saying that its all the clones.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fyi, not the best way to get me to watch anything.
Ag Since 83
AG
Just finished the season. Didn't care much for the Bad Batch arc, but the final episodes were really good. I hate the prequels even more now because they omitted the best parts of the story
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's not exactly fair because none of this story existed in 2005.
redline248
AG
I also thought it was a little weird that the Clones were all "Yo, Darth Sidious said..."

Like how the f do they even know that name?
jeffk
AG
If you like Star Wars, you'll probably really like Rebels. If you don't want to watch it, that's cool with me too as it'll really only negatively affects you.
Ag Since 83
AG
So? That doesn't excuse George Lucas's crappy plot
jeffk
AG
I assumed all the Sidious particulars was included in the Order 66 stuff implanted into their brains. And Ashoka hearing all the disturbances coupled with Rex saying it was all the Clones is enough to assume it wasn't an isolated incident.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Who would go watch these last 4 episodes in a theater if they did a theatrical release?

I'd be down for that.
redline248
AG
Like Jeff, and the video maker, I'd go with the info being in the chip once the order unlocks it. I still think they could have just had Rex and other clones use the term chancellor, for simplicity.
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fyi, not the best way to get me to watch anything.

Telling you that you will really like it is a bad way to get you to watch it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jeffk
AG
TIL there are a ton of Rebels show Easter Eggs in Rogue One.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
exitone
AG
Terrific. Not much more can be said.

The only thing I could ask for, which this isn't necessarily The Clone Wars, but this whole time period overall is that I would have liked to see the transition of Anakin to Vader portrayed in more detail. It still seems he was this kick a cool guy who you loved, to this horrible villain at the flip of a switch. It would really help make him much more of a tragedy if they would have explored that in more detail (which we know Filoni could knock out of the park). I'm not complaining, I just think it would have been the icing on the cake.
jeffk
AG
Maaaaaaan, finally got to finish the finale. So many iconic shots in that last ten minutes. The burial scene, Vader's reflection in the clone helmet, the blue saber being ignited with the bird circling overhead. And again, just long periods of no dialogue and a haunting score. Loved this last run.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I appreciate the level of effort you went through to call me out to watch Rebels.

Still not interested, but I applaud the effort.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

A user on reddit has edited together the entire 4-part arc with ROTS into one big 4 hour supercut.

https://mega.nz/file/zqQhVAKQ#RV7Dub9cWA2jyxzBH6EBw3y9gRu7uOE9Rb7efYrmbJ4

(He is posting the password at 12 am ET tonight. Will update it when he does.)

Grab it while you can!

Definitely gonna check this out tomorrow night.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Torrent also available now. (Much better option.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JBi8Wqfhu0WDLHy2nz14aP8OJJQxYKdD
Dro07
AG
You start watching it yet? Nothing glitching?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Download only at 20%. (16.6 GBs) Not gonna finish anytime soon.

This'll be something for tomorrow. Already watched TROS tonight.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I appreciate the level of effort you went through to call me out to watch Rebels.

Still not interested, but I applaud the effort.
Just letting you know when they announce Taika's project is a live-action 3-hour Mando/Rebels crossover, nobody is going to help you decide which episodes to watch.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why are you guys pushing this so hard? I've seen a few episodes. It's not my bag. Let it go.
Flashdiaz
AG
I get it. I don't like reading star wars so no amount of awesome stories is going to change that. Same can be said with someone not like animation. To each their own.

now on to that finale... awesome. The animation looked so good these last few episodes culminating in the final shot of the snow wreckage complete with OT stormtroopers and snow troopers. Awesome visuals and a great ending.

also, seeing Maul completely wreck shop and lead up to the Obi Wan v Maul Part II is perfect.
Dro07
AG
Piling it on thick
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why are you guys pushing this so hard? I've seen a few episodes. It's not my bag. Let it go.
Because...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If anything I'm even more put off now thanks to this thread.
hunter2012
AG
what can I say except this was a season 12 years in the making. I must it was a fitting May the 4th that I should wait and watch all of season 7 tonight. I must say, bravo to Filoni. creatively he should be the sole successor to the big picture story of Star Wars from here on out. The guy just gets it...

Also Ahsoka is the best star wars character introduced since at least the prequel trilogy if not before. The idiots that made the new trilogy should be forced to watch and compare Ahsoka with the chosen Mary Sue of the force Rey so then hopefully they'd quit out of shame. It's such a travesty that a limited show could have such a great character while the blockbuster moneymaker has such a pitiful lead.
hunter2012
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If anything I'm even more put off now thanks to this thread.

I'll be the first to admit that the show starts slow, but if you stick with it and watch it chronologically then you'll see that it's some of the best Star Wars material to date. But by all means put it off, you're the one missing out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good lord.

Thanks for this, Muck.
AliasMan02
AG
Haven't read the thread yet, but just finished seconds ago and wanted to immediately write my thoughts.

The last four episodes, the concluding "movie" is maybe the best Star Wars movie since the OT. And I mean not just that it's so enjoyable, but it's put together so well with such great moments and action and heart, and all with pretty much just side characters and cast-offs. The score they put together, the money they clearly dumped into the animation, the directing, the incredibly high stakes and serious tone all wrap this into Star Wars that should be in the theater.

Will it lose something for people that are not watchers of TCW and, to a lesser extent, Rebels? Sure, but not THAT much. The first two episodes of the arc especially are very standalone as long as you know the VERY basics, like who Maul is and what a Mandalorian is. It gets a little deeper into the TCW lore with the inhibitor chips and the focus on Rex after that, but I'm still convinced even a casual fan would get it.

Basically, in the end, The Clone Wars delivered a MCU-lite buildup. Everything was brought together and converged into an amazingly compelling, beautiful, and meaningful finale. It just did it with a secondary property and characters.

And, TCW does what all "expanded" properties should do. It made the core properties (the prequels, in this case) better while remaining its own thing. This movie brings so much to RotS.

I'm speechless, really. The performances of Ashley Eckstein and Sam Witwer deliver so hard. Ahsoka so great. Maul so menacing. WOW.

One interesting side note, and I have to go back and review, but I'm pretty sure they somewhat deviated from events surrounding Order 66, the attempt to capture Maul, and Ahsoka's "death" from the Ahsoka novel. That's not a complaint, but thought it was interesting. I could be remembering wrong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.