***The Clone Wars S7 - Disney+***

26,450 Views | 307 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AliasMan02
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

the money they clearly dumped into the animation

That final shot of Vader's back standing in front of the crash looked as close to real as I've ever seen in cgi.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

That final shot of Vader's back standing in front of the crash looked as close to real as I've ever seen in cgi.
I was especially struck by every clone trooper combat sequence. Having just rewatched RotS, wherein every single trooper was CGI, TCW looked so much more real despite its more animated, somewhat exaggerated look. It's obviously been a long time between the two, but the difference was remarkable.

Hell, the quick shot they did of Grievous at the beginning of Part I was incredible and was 10x better than he ever looked in RotS. Makes me think they should go back and rework all that CG, just to see what it looks like. They should consider just doing a TCW version of RotS, now that I think of it, including using the voice actors.
Dro07
AG
I've kinda wanted them to redo the movies in animation. I know they have a few anime styles out there of shorts that are pretty cool.
Saxsoon
AG
If you told me years ago that Maul would be one of the best villains in Star Wars I would have laughed.

And lost that bet horribly.
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AliasMan02 said:

redline248 said:

Quote:

I was especially struck by every clone trooper combat sequence. Having just rewatched RotS, wherein every single trooper was CGI, TCW looked so much more real despite its more animated, somewhat exaggerated look. It's obviously been a long time between the two, but the difference was remarkable.

Hell, the quick shot they did of Grievous at the beginning of Part I was incredible and was 10x better than he ever looked in RotS. Makes me think they should go back and rework all that CG, just to see what it looks like. They should consider just doing a TCW version of RotS, now that I think of it, including using the voice actors.
I thought the same thing about Grievous. Better than in ROTS.
AliasMan02
AG
Just as I continue reflecting, I haven't FELT this way after watching a Star Wars movie since TFA. I don't remember much about my first reactions to the OT (just saw RotJ in the theater), but through the PT, ST, and RO, and Solo, TFA is the only one that had this sort of impact on me. And I watched it sitting in front of my computer.

This thing is getting some sort of limited theatrical release a year from now or something, right? It has to. I have to see it on the big screen.
redline248
AG
Imagine re-releasing The Clone Wars movie, followed by some select Ahsoka episodes from the series - including the arc that leads to her leaving the Jedi - and culminating with this 4 part conclusion. Do it with about 6 months b/w each release.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Imagine re-releasing The Clone Wars movie, followed by some select Ahsoka episodes from the series - including the arc that leads to her leaving the Jedi - and culminating with this 4 part conclusion. Do it with about 6 months b/w each release.

Especially if they can update the CG. And maybe tweak the first movie to not be so kiddie-oriented... it was pretty juvenile and doesn't really reflect the tone that the show grew into.

Would you need to release a "movie" version of the inhibitor chip arc? That arc was good and highlights the clones well.
TXAG 05
AG
dromo07 said:

I've kinda wanted them to redo the movies in animation. I know they have a few anime styles out there of shorts that are pretty cool.

The prequels were already about 90% animated, might as well go for it.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

dromo07 said:

The prequels were already about 90% animated, might as well go for it.

Honestly, it's been 20 years since Episode 1, they need to release a remastered version of it with current CGI. If they are going to do it to the OT, might as well do it to the PT.
EMY92
AG
redline248 said:

I watched the damn show in standard definition bc it was so good.

(My provider doesn't carry Disney XD in high def)
If your provider carries Disney XD, you can stream it in HD.

I did that with Rebels before my carrier added Disney XD HD.
redline248
AG
I did that a few times before I just set my DVR to record the series, so I wouldn't miss episodes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Now do the same for Empire Yoda and AOTC Yoda
Dro07
AG
i mean... i think we all agreed that the animation is whack. Story makes up for it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You mean TPM puppet Yoda? Absolute horror show.
redline248
AG
Did I say TPM? No, I did not
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

They had just came out with the Furby. It's society that is the problem with that one, not just the movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just finished the ROTS supercut. Wow, that was an experience. It truly felt epic in scope, similar to ROTK, with the various simultaneous storylines.

A few things I liked:

When you see the two council scenes back to back, you see how Anakin and Ahsoka missed each other by literally seconds. Mace sends Anakin to talk to Palpatine a few seconds before Ahsoka walks through the door. How different things could've been.

The film cuts from Grievous sending the Separatists to Mustafar, and then fighting Obi-Wan, to Maul sending the syndicate leaders into hiding, and then fighting Ahsoka. That was a cool little echo.

It was awesome seeing that final Vader scene in CW at the end. It makes the fall of Anakin feel that much more tragic.

In ROTS, you never care about the clones. I enjoy the added layer of tragedy of the clones on top of the main ROTS storyline.

I highly recommend you guys download it and give it a watch.
Hulla Baller
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just finished the ROTS supercut. Wow, that was an experience. It truly felt epic in scope, similar to ROTK, with the various simultaneous storylines.

A few things I liked:

When you see the two council scenes back to back, you see how Anakin and Ahsoka missed each other by literally seconds. Mace sends Anakin to talk to Palpatine a few seconds before Ahsoka walks through the door. How different things could've been.

The film cuts from Grievous sending the Separatists to Mustafar, and then fighting Obi-Wan, to Maul sending the syndicate leaders into hiding, and then fighting Ahsoka. That was a cool little echo.

It was awesome seeing that final Vader scene in CW at the end. It makes the fall of Anakin feel that much more tragic.

In ROTS, you never care about the clones. I enjoy the added layer of tragedy of the clones on top of the main ROTS storyline.

I highly recommend you guys download it and give it a watch.

Sounds fascinating. Where can this be found?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Torrent: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JBi8Wqfhu0WDLHy2nz14aP8OJJQxYKdD
Mr. White
I just got Disney+ and haven't seen a moment of the Clone Wars series.

Is it worth the time? Any episodes/seasons that everyone says I should just skip?
redline248
AG
I think it's worth it.
Skip all the jar jar and Padme episodes.
AliasMan02
AG
Mr. White said:

I just got Disney+ and haven't seen a moment of the Clone Wars series.

Is it worth the time? Any episodes/seasons that everyone says I should just skip?

Find a viewing guide online. There are several good ones that break things down into must watch/optional/skip. Also some break it down in chronological order.

In general watch anything that focuses on the clones or Ahsoka or the Mandalorians. Or Maul. Or Ventress.

You know, just watch all but the Jar Jar episodes.
Mr. White
Thanks

Man, I feel so badly for Ahmed Best.
CapCityAg89
AG
My daughter and I started a SW super marathon at the beginning of COVID. All chronological - I and II then TCW movie and most of the series (found a viewing order of about 60 season 1-6 without JarJar, kids or droids).

Then season 7. Wow. Those last four episodes as a "movie" probably fall into slot 3 for me (after Empire and Star Wars). Fantastic.
superaggie73
AG
AliasMan02
AG
On a whim started up Season 7 last nigh again. I'd watched the last four episodes a couple of times but this is my first revisit of the Bad Batch. Can't wait.

I'm interested in how they style the Bad Batch series. Season 7 looks sooooo good even compared to Season 6. I wonder if they'll just roll with that or tweak the style.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.