Sanderson Stormlight

81,597 Views | 987 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by heddleston
Maveric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Up to $8.6 million
hunter2012
AG
I was too late for a numbered copy, but I'm in for a signed copy and the secret project audiobook
Saxsoon
AG
I got a numbered copy!

Also this man is a mad lad. Video got real creepy as he just stared and then PLOP
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Maveric
AG
Saxsoon said:

I got a numbered copy!

Also this man is a mad lad. Video got real creepy as he just stared and then PLOP
Yeah, I skipped over a bit of that. I thought perhaps there was supposed to a video that didn't get inserted into the stream.
maverick2076
$11.3 million now. At least in part because my wife insisted I go back and add the entire plushie set to my pledge for my daughter.
hunter2012
AG
Faustus
Chipotlemonger said:

AgLiving06 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

AgLiving06 said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Currently reading the last SP. It's great so far.

I'm reading it too and trying my hardest not to look for spoilers on who Nomad might be.
I'm about halfway through and have an idea or 2, but it is definitely hard not to go back and try and figure it out as I go!

i mean...the most obvious guess is it's sigzil because Nomad seems to know Kal and he was an apprentice to Wit/Hoid in Stormlight.

But I'm not far enough along to know if that's going to hold up as a guess or not.
Just got to this part of the book last night and looks like you were right! Wish I remembered more of his character from the books.

Not a big fan of investiture being broken down into measurable units like mana with powers being available at a certain unit #, or using a certain amount of those units. It's like a video game jumped to page, or more likely the page laying the way for a Cosmere game.

Still a somewhat fun read.
heddleston
AG
It's tough because he's tried so hard to lay out good rules for his magic systems to the point that they're practically science. That lends itself to a sciency planet like advanced Scadrians being able to quantify investiture. Sometimes that approach is lame but Sanderson generally applies the rule of cool that let's those hard-ish bound laws be broken in the name of the narrative, but rarely overdoes it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.