***Ghostbusters:Afterlife***

42,046 Views | 362 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by oragator
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guys.....is there any chance the house we see in the trailer is the house referenced here?????

TCTTS
AG
Ha, that would be awesome.
Belton Ag
AG
I guess we have to find out how the farm house plays into it but the grandfather in the trailer that had passed away was obviously Egon, which makes sense because Harold Ramis has passed away. Looks like the kids and mother inherit all of his stuff, including Ecto-1 and apparently the farm house. So maybe it's not Ray's house, but Egon's.
TCTTS
AG
Oh, yeah, you're right.
Daveintx
Curious how even ecto would end up with Egon over Ray, but maybe after all was said and done Ray didn't want a part of it anymore.. it'd be great though if it was Peters ghost in the trap
Daveintx
Oh and please don't let the original casts cameo be the old clips Rudd has
TCTTS
AG
They shot new scenes specifically for this movie. It's Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson, Sigourney Weaver, and Annie Potts all coming back.
redd38
AG
Ghostbusters with women didn't work so now they're trying Ghostbusters with kids?

Felt more like Super 8 than the original Ghostbusters. It doesn't look bad, but I'm not driven by nostalgia to see it. Maybe that'll change with more trailers.
jokershady
AG
Another Easter egg!

Pause the trailer at the 44 second mark when one of the "earthquakes" is happening with the kids....

Notice a particular stack of books in the background????
Belton Ag
AG
jokershady said:

Another Easter egg!

Pause the trailer at the 44 second mark when one of the "earthquakes" is happening with the kids....

Notice a particular stack of books in the background????
No human could stack books like that.
jokershady
AG
Found a video online that contains a bonus scene for a German trailer for this flick that wasn't in the US version.

Fun scene and even though it's about 10 seconds it still gets me more excited.

Enjoy!

mazag08
AG
I really really hope this movie isn't 100% about kid ghostbusters.
amercer
AG
mazag08 said:

Do you even Stranger Things bro?
mazag08
AG
amercer said:

mazag08 said:

Not the same. This is a franchise about adult scientists putting their talent to work to to fight something nobody else could.

A couple of kids stumbling on old stuff and becoming heroes is so cliche and worn out. Not to mention the likely terrible attempt at comedy. I want to see Ghostbusters, not children.
amercer
AG
Actually it's a goofy buddy comedy from the 80s, with cool special effects and some fun toys.

Let's not go building some multilayered universe with deep mythology for a fun 40 year old movie.

Also, like all the other member berries out there, they are clearly going for a Stranger Things vibe. And the trailer looks fun and awesome.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
mazag08 said:

amercer said:

mazag08 said:

Not the same. This is a franchise about adult scientists putting their talent to work to to fight something nobody else could.

A couple of kids stumbling on old stuff and becoming heroes is so cliche and worn out. Not to mention the likely terrible attempt at comedy. I want to see Ghostbusters, not children.
Hudson is 74, Murray is 69, Aykroyd is 67. Not sure how much bustin' they have left in the tank.
mazag08
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

mazag08 said:

amercer said:

mazag08 said:

Hudson is 74, Murray is 69, Aykroyd is 67. Not sure how much bustin' they have left in the tank.

My point is that Paul Rudd better be more than a school teacher.
Max Power
AG
I know this isn't a hot take considering the word afterlife is in the title, but I feel like this movie is going to be a lot more emotional and existential than people think. I could definitely see them going into what happens after you die, saying goodbye to those you lose along the way. Maybe we get a CGI Egon scene, etc. maybe we lose a Ghostbuster or two in the movie. I don't think it's just going to be a comedy, definitely feels like it's going to be more than that.
Gigem314
AG
Max Power said:

I know this isn't a hot take considering the word afterlife is in the title, but I feel like this movie is going to be a lot more emotional and existential than people think. I could definitely see them going into what happens after you die, saying goodbye to those you lose along the way. Maybe we get a CGI Egon scene, etc. maybe we lose a Ghostbuster or two in the movie. I don't think it's just going to be a comedy, definitely feels like it's going to be more than that.
There were some rumors about a storyline Murray was pushing for that ties into this. It wouldn't surprise me if they went into that...to some degree. It also feels like this will be a way to close out the original cast and move forward with new characters.

As long as they keep true to the originals and give the fans some of what we've been waiting 30 years for...I'm good with it.
annie88
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I'm assuming some new generation of paranormal hunters who pick up the torch?

Please be the ghostfacers from Supernatural

"Yay, it's the Winchester's, said no one ever"

GHOSTFACERS!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2021/04/07/ghostbusters-pufts-paul-rudd-godzilla-vs-kong-sony-box-office/
mazag08
AG
TCTTS said:

Is this just a promotional thing? Because if that's really in the movie.. it's either going to be a massive cheese fest or so absolutely perfect that no movie will ever top it.. my opinion leading to massive cheese fest.
TCTTS
AG
I think it's actually part of the movie, but I'm not 100% sure. I feel like it works in this spot (the Mini-Pufts melting themselves with glee is legit hilarious), but yeah, I could see it being a bit too much/a bit too cheesy in the movie itself.
mazag08
AG
TCTTS said:

I think it's actually part of the movie, but I'm not 100% sure. I feel like it works in this spot (the Mini-Pufts melting themselves with glee is legit hilarious), but yeah, I could see it being a bit too much/a bit too cheesy in the movie itself.
I wouldn't mind it for a quick "all hell is breaking loose as signaled by these mini Pufts coming to life and cannibalizing each other."
AMW2010
AG
This is why I couldn't find this thread when searching , the title of it was horrible lol
TCTTS
AG
I tried to be descriptive! And we didn't have an official title yet.

That said, if enough people flag this post, we can hopefully get staff to change it to...

*** GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE ***
Gigem314
AG
mazag08 said:

TCTTS said:

Is this just a promotional thing? Because if that's really in the movie.. it's either going to be a massive cheese fest or so absolutely perfect that no movie will ever top it.. my opinion leading to massive cheese fest.

Marshmallows...living together
...mass hysteria!
israeliag
AG
That's pretty great! Major Gremlin vibes.
mazag08
AG
TCTTS said:

That said, if enough people flag this post, we can hopefully get staff to change it to...

Flagging is for liberals!
mazag08
AG
Gigem314 said:

mazag08 said:

TCTTS said:

Marshmallows...living together
...mass hysteria!

Another Doug
AG
So its going to have minions.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS said:

Much appreciated, staff!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Ghostbusters: Afterlife: A Star Wars Story
AMW2010
AG
Hell yea! A thread with a title I can get behind! Now if it only have an official poster, trailer and Synopsis in the opening thread so I knew what I was getting into!! Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.