***Ghostbusters:Afterlife***

41,920 Views | 362 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by oragator
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretending the all-female version never existed, and this new one is from the son of the original director, who is a fantastic director in his own right. Summer 2020. Awesome news...

TCTTS
AG
MookieBlaylock
AG
Why?

I can just watch Ghostbusters
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MookieBlaylock
AG
And what is this Ghostbusters universe? there is no universe without Murray and Akroyd and the black guy that saved the baby from the ridiculous hot nanny that banged Tom cruise on the L train

oragator
Yeah, I am afraid that the garbage that was the "reimagining" may have ruined some of my enthusiasm for more.
rhutton125
AG
Finally watched the original Ghostbusters for the first time about a year ago and I thought it wasn't very good. Come at me, bro!
PatAg
AG
oragator said:

Yeah, I am afraid that the garbage that was the "reimagining" may have ruined some of my enthusiasm for more.
Your fault for watching it.
mazag08
AG
I'm down for this. Just keep the SJW crap out. Make a fun movie.
Mike Elko
AG
rhutton125 said:

Finally watched the original Ghostbusters for the first time about a year ago and I thought it wasn't very good. Come at me, bro!
Urban Ag
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

And what is this Ghostbusters universe? there is no universe without Murray and Akroyd and the black guy that saved the baby from the ridiculous hot nanny that banged Tom cruise on the L train

Lately this board has been good for challenging my aging mind and memory. Well done sir.

Ghostbusters....Ernie Hudson/Hand that Rocked the Cradle.....Rebecca De Mornay...Risky Business/Chicago

AgMarauder04
AG
I'm assuming some new generation of paranormal hunters who pick up the torch?

Please be the ghostfacers from Supernatural
Hello there
Ok, but who wanted this?
Urban Ag
AG
Hello there said:

Ok, but who wanted this?
Investors

I guess
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Hello there said:

Ok, but who wanted this?
This^^^ 100%

Al Bula
AG
Urban Ag said:

Hello there said:

Ok, but who wanted this?
Investors

I guess
Embezzlers and money launderers
Gigem314
AG
Great news.

Really hope Akroyd and Murray are involved in some way...wouldn't they kind of have to be if it's set in the original universe?

Will be interesting to see who they peg for the cast. It definitely needs someone that can nail the Venkman-like humor (not a carbon copy, but in that same spirit). That's what made the originals so great. It can't be too serious. And I wholeheartedly agree, please keep all the forced SJW crap from the 'other version' out of it.
Urban Ag
AG
I think this cast would be awesome:

Alden Ehrenreich - the Venkman character
Jonah Hill - the Egon character
Michael Pena - the Ray character
Donald Glover - the Winston character
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, with Reitman directing (and his dad producing), there's no way the original remaining cast members don't make some kind of cameo. Heck, I bet they're even involved in more than just a cameo capacity.
TCTTS
AG

Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, with Reitman directing (and his dad producing), there's no way the original remaining cast members don't make some kind of cameo. Heck, I bet they're even involved in more than just a cameo capacity.
Since it's taken this long to finally get a continuation of the originals moving, that would make sense.

I'm sure there will be a lot of opinions as it moves forward, but at the end of the day it's nostalgia from my childhood, and it sounds like they're trying to do it the right way...so I'm going to choose to enjoy the ride.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Reitman shot the teaser hoping to raise rather than answer questions: Whose lonely property is this? What became of Stantz, Spengler, Zeddemore, and Venkman? Why is a vehicle once used to save the world from demonic takeover gathering dust in the middle of nowhere?

This tells me the original crew will likely be back (save for Spengler, of course). I've also heard that they're looking to cast four teens in the primary roles - two boys, two girls - and seeing as this teaser almost has a Stranger Things vibe, I could see it going in that general direction (though a bit older, I'd imagine). We'll see, though, as that's just a rumor for now.
MooreTrucker
AG
C@LAg said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Why?

I can just watch Ghostbusters
this.

the company producing it is still the same one that allowed the prior garbage to be made. in fact PUSHED for it.

no guarantee it will have a fun story or interesting characters just because it is by the son of the original director.
There's also no guarantee that it WON'T have a fun story or interesting characters.

But it is TexAgs, so let's go ahead and jump to that conclusion early and avoid the rush.
NoahAg
Starring...

Shia Labeouf
TCTTS
AG
Urban Ag said:

Hello there said:

Ok, but who wanted this?
Investors

I guess

Sony's main franchises are Spider-Man, Men in Black, Ghostbusters, and Jumanji. They have a few other more minor franchises, but in order to compete, and yes, to keep investors happy, they literally can't afford to let any of these properties sit any longer. Notice how they have movies coming out for all four once again over the next two years. Sure, this is a complete a cash grab, but so is all of Hollywood, and if this movie HAS to be made, at least it's in the hands of the original and capable filmmakers.
MooreTrucker
AG
NoahAg said:

Starring...

Shia Labeouf
Gigem314
AG
Now that's how you do a teaser!

Just hearing the original score, seeing ECTO, and hearing the proton pack coming on...

superunknown
AG
Still waiting for a Fletch re-boot.
Urban Ag
AG
The last thing I'm going to bash Hollywood for is trying to make money. We're talking about mega corps here that exist to provide acceptable returns to their shareholders, I get it. The "cash grab" is just part of the business.

That said, I'm optimistic about this, especially after seeing the teaser.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Hello there said:

Ok, but who wanted this?
Me, about 10 years ago. Then, Ramis unfortunately passed away and the rest of the cast couldn't agree on a script (well, Murray wouldn't agree).

Unfortunately, Sony opted to go with the all-female "reboot" that left a stench that is pretty putrid right now and has soiled the Ghostbusters name.

It'll take a lot to burythat reboot and start fresh. Sony finally admitting it was a mistake and never should have happened would be a good start.
TCTTS
AG
They're basically admitting as much by "erasing" it from the franchise, with this movie.
mazag08
AG
Urban Ag said:

I think this cast would be awesome:

Alden Ehrenreich - the Venkman character
Jonah Hill - the Egon character
Michael Pena - the Ray character
Donald Glover - the Winston character

Here's your cast..

Venkman type:
Egon type:
Ray type:
Winston type:

Louis type:
Slimer:
TCTTS
AG
The original characters exist in this continuation and will likely be *in* the movie themselves. So I can't really see the filmmakers essentially making the next generation in the mold of the original. In other words, expect all new character types, and probably a younger cast too, if the teen angle is to be believed.
agproducer
AG
I could see this story as this:

After Ghostbusters II, things calmed down in New York. The original Ghostbusters capitalized on their fame, but without supernatural experiences, there was not much of a need for them anymore. Hence, the Ecto-1 being in a barn in a location where maybe Egon retired before he died.

Now, 30 years later, there has been an upswing in ghost activity and the Ghostbusters are needed again. But -- the old team is just too old to deal with the major fights -- like the one with Zuul. So, whey have to find teens (maybe relatives) to help. the old Ghostbusters train the teens to take down the baddie at the end -- a passing of the torch so to speak.

I'd be in for that.
FincAg
AG
Maybe I am in the minority but I remember as a kid the ghosts in both I and II were on the edge of scary, which made it more Gremlins/Poltergeist than Scooby Doo. The female remake was so campy and technicolor cartoony that it just didn't feel like a ghostbuster story.

Hopefully this new Ghostbusters will have that same edge.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.