***Survivor 37 - David vs. Goliath***

21,474 Views | 219 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LHIOB
Eso si, Que es
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CheeseSndwch said:

I guess Advanced Negotiations at Yale skips the chapter on opening a negotiation with a lowball offer.
there was so much wrong with her pitch it was cringeworthy.

"we would like to start with the offer of....every material possession we have except 2 pots" OK, so you admit that you are willing to give away more? Plus, she never even put a value on those items (in terms of weight in rice) and asked to close the deal.

"we admit this is a lowball offer but that is how you open a negotiation". So you admit you think I am a rube and actually verbalize that?

Screw that, tell Jeff you are willing to trade all fishing gear for 8.5 KGs of rice? When he responds that he will give you 2 KG's of rice, tell him to double the amount of rice and you will throw in all the cooking gear, and let him respond. Then take his final offer and tell him to double it for the comfort items on your list.

Counterpoint
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

CheeseSndwch said:

I guess Advanced Negotiations at Yale skips the chapter on opening a negotiation with a lowball offer.
there was so much wrong with her pitch it was cringeworthy.

"we would like to start with the offer of....every material possession we have except 2 pots" OK, so you admit that you are willing to give away more? Plus, she never even put a value on those items (in terms of weight in rice) and asked to close the deal.

"we admit this is a lowball offer but that is how you open a negotiation". So you admit you think I am a rube and actually verbalize that?

Screw that, tell Jeff you are willing to trade all fishing gear for 8.5 KGs of rice? When he responds that he will give you 2 KG's of rice, tell him to double the amount of rice and you will throw in all the cooking gear, and let him respond. Then take his final offer and tell him to double it for the comfort items on your list.

Also, the producers aren't going to let the players starve to death, so she was actually negotiating from a position of strength!
expresswrittenconsent
She made sure to let them know about her sacrifice afterward.
LHIOB
AG
That was a terrible negotiation

Ive got sales reps 2 years out of school that would smoke her
agsquirrel97
AG
LHIOB said:

at this point, I have got to be thinking I want to sit next to Angelina at the end. Mike would be a nice F3 partner too IMO.
MooreTrucker
AG
agsquirrel97 said:

LHIOB said:

at this point, I have got to be thinking I want to sit next to Angelina at the end. Mike would be a nice F3 partner too IMO.
Yep, Angelina as a villain and Mike as a do-nothing would be a good pairing to go against.
LHIOB
AG
Mike may not be a real game player but hes entertaining
MookieBlaylock
AG
Southlake said:

Christian hanging on that pole for 5 hours was epic.
Not really Jesus lasted 3 days
Bobcat06
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Southlake said:

I think this is supposed to be a joke, but Jesus was only on the cross for 6 hours (up at 9 am and dead by 3 pm)
Old Tom Morris
Peter tops them all by doing it upside down
MookieBlaylock
AG
Bobcat06 said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Southlake said:

I think this is supposed to be a joke, but Jesus was only on the cross for 6 hours (up at 9 am and dead by 3 pm)

Your right I got Conan mixed up
blackgoldag11
AG
Christian, your girlfriend. Woof

Jk, gabby mad tho
Bulldog73
AG
Yep, loved one visit kills the show-semi-mance and partnership.
bbattbq01
AG
So... who do we see as biggest challengers for the title if they make final 3?

Christian
Kentucky
... Davey?

blackgoldag11
AG
1. Christian
2. Nick
3. Davey

Only one will make it there IMO. If Christian makes it, he wins no matter what and I hope he does but think he's gone soon
LHIOB
AG
Angelina is going to make F3 because everyone hates her. Her F3 speech is going to make me want to launch my TV into the sun.
double aught
AG
I like Gabby but, man, the way that backfired on her was entertaining.
Bobcat06
AG
Gabby just had emotional knee jerk to everything.

She had around 5 meltdowns that Christian had to talk her thru. Then when she saw Christian with his girlfriend and realized she has no future with him, she quickly turned on him using the rationalization that she needed to have a better resume. If she was acting logically she would have realized she was playing to hard and putting a target on her own back.
emoney
AG
Hard not to believe some of the reason why Gabby all of the sudden wants to turn on Christian is because she saw him around his girlfriend. I was glad to see it turn on her. She is right to go after Christian but she did it way too soon and the loved one visit had something to do with it.

Davie was thinking the right way. You need Christian right now at the very least as a meat shield. Haha, who knew at the beginning of the season, Christian would be seen as a meat shield in this game?

MooreTrucker
AG
One thing that caught me was Nick's wanting to get Christian out. I get being mad because you were "betrayed", but Christian's admittance and apology should be good enough to keep you solid for a few more days. But your rationalization for not losing Carl was to keep the David numbers, but then you launch the campaign to get out Christian, further reducing the David numbers.

Final 3 SHOULD be:
Christian (hero)
Mike (floater)
Angelina (villian)

Christian needs to find another idol or do some more of that "big brain" stuff. I loved Gabby's comments as the votes were read.
Bulldog73
AG
What an end to the episode. When Gabby had the votes against her, I figured it may have been Christian and Nick (or even Davey). We were shocked that it was two that were essentially outsiders making a move.

Sadly, Christian is about the only person on that I think deserves to win. Nick as well, but most of the rest are just floating along IMO.
MooreTrucker
AG
Alison, Gabby, and Angelina all talk about "making the big move" but only Gabby really has, and it bit her.
Pro Ag
AG
So glad Gabby is gone. She was annoying and I think she would have been out sooner if not for Christian. And agreed she turned once Christian's loved one was his girlfriend and not a family member.

As for Nick, he just went along with the plan but not before he set up what he saw as a final 4 with some goliaths now that they have the numbers again.

Nick and Davie are playing the smartest games right now. Christian let Gabby influence him too much and he won't last much longer now.
LHIOB
AG
Angelina is the F***ING WORST
blackgoldag11
AG
LHIOB said:

Angelina is the F***ING WORST
blackgoldag11
AG
Screw you Mike
Premium
AG
Wish Christian would have won, but he was too smart and talked way too much to stay under the radar.

At this point I like either David or Nick to win - strange as they are so opposite, but I like both.

Allison and Kara are boring - so is Mike
blackgoldag11
AG
I have a bad feeling with Christian gone, David and nick will be next as those 3 are the biggest threats since the merge. Everyone else sucks
Premium
AG
blackgoldag11 said:

Screw you Mike

Mike is the lamest - don't care what screen writing you've done
MooreTrucker
AG
Yep, I actually don't care who wins at this point. I don't like any of them.

Alison is OK, Kara too I guess, but the rest....Mike, Nick, and Davie are idiots and Angelina is an evil beeetch who'll make it to the end because no one will vote for her.
blackgoldag11
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Alison is OK, Kara too I guess, but the rest....Mike, Nick, and Davie are idiots and Angelina is an evil beeetch who'll make it to the end because no one will vote for her.
davie an idiot? You serious Clark. He's been behind every single blindside and played advantages to save people multiple times. This time he could t save Christian, so save yourself.
Premium
AG
blackgoldag11 said:

MooreTrucker said:

davie an idiot? You serious Clark. He's been behind every single blindside and played advantages to save people multiple times. This time he could t save Christian, so save yourself.

Forgot exact vote count, but if he had played it for Christian and brought Christian along for an Allison outage it would have happened.

He should have known.... he plays his idol for himself with the intent to get out Nick - Nick is going to play his own idol - so don't throw votes at Nick, but a secondary target (ALLISON).
blackgoldag11
AG
Premium said:

blackgoldag11 said:

MooreTrucker said:

Forgot exact vote count, but if he had played it for Christian and brought Christian along for an Allison outage it would have happened.

He should have known.... he plays his idol for himself with the intent to get out Nick - Nick is going to play his own idol - so don't throw votes at Nick, but a secondary target (ALLISON).
him and Christian voted Alison but the other 5 split 2 to Davie, 3 to Christian. He would of been tied with Allison
Southlake
Angelina's pants have to be smelling like holy hell at this point...
aggietoolman
AG
Can't stand Angelina, but I laughed my ass off when she was begging to go on the reward only to be left behind.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.