***Survivor 37 - David vs. Goliath***

21,477 Views | 219 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LHIOB
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

She quit. Not sure why there is any debate on here. The show editors made it 100% clear. This was not a medical evac. She allegedly injured her MCL a month or so before the show started taping, and she also allegedly had an MMA fight scheduled for 30 days after survivor was done taping. She was never a serious contestant. I dont agree with Mookie as worst player ever, but a quitter for no reason is going to be among the worst ever.
She did quit, but I wouldn't say "no reason". She made a huge mistake in signing up, though, with an injury like that. So yeah, she sucks for taking away a legit contestant's spot.
aTmAg
AG

She quit. Not sure why there is any debate on here. The show editors made it 100% clear. This was not a medical evac. She allegedly injured her MCL a month or so before the show started taping, and she also allegedly had an MMA fight scheduled for 30 days after survivor was done taping. She was never a serious contestant. I dont agree with Mookie as worst player ever, but a quitter for no reason is going to be among the worst ever.
IMO, no active professional athlete should ever try to be on Survivor. From what I can tell, it destroys your body. Unless you go into it fat, then you can consider it a weight loss program. It's crazy that she thought she could fight 30 days after taping.
LHIOB
AG
She lost her fight after taping and in her exit interview with RHAP she said she is still rehabing her knee.
MookieBlaylock
AG
MooreTrucker said:

She did quit, but I wouldn't say "no reason". She made a huge mistake in signing up, though, with an injury like that. So yeah, she sucks for taking away a legit contestant's spot.

Which is a solid point as to why she is the worst ever
She screwed the game and a ton of players where left out and she did nothing

emoney
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

David got so screwed by the tribe swap. 3/2, 3/2, 3/2 and 1 was the absolute worst possible outcome out of about 100 potential combinations, that was the worst split imaginable for David. I think the best split possible for David would have been 3/2, 3/2, 0/5, 1.

I think that was the swap they wanted. It looked like each tribe had their own tray so the only thing random was who would go to exile island and get the idol block from the David tribe.
LHIOB
AG
What a tribal! Glad shes gone.
TXAG14
""Natalie, is there any way I could have your jacket?... Natalie?..."

Thought Natalie was gonna shoot her the bird.
Big Al 1992
AG
Every season players reveal their true self when voted out.
When they go out with "It was a pleasure" ""Good luck guys" "you got me, great move" - they seem to be good moral strong character folks.
When they go out "y'all suck" "Whatever" "You lied!" And flip the bird, that's probably how they acted during the game, possibly outside the game as well.
Eso si, Que es
"I think I just figured you out, you always have to have the last word."

-Jeff Probst

Natalie was so cringe worthy, but I thought it was good casting. How she managed to squirm out of being first Goliath vote is unexplainable - irritating as hell, useless in challenges, she is the epitome of a unanimous first vote.

My medium term outlook is Kara getting voted out and that solidifies Dan to 100% commit to John, Christian and Gabby to take over the game. I would say that group is getting a good edit, but with Dan being a previous fat guy and with John having some social awkwardness, the connection with Christian seems genuine.

I can see David's going into the merge with the numbers, but I just don't think they are that tight and in the age of the "big move" votes just keep getting split with very little consensus.
Eso si, Que es
Lyrsa out and time to merge. I really thought Nick would stick to his guns and get Mike to vote out Angelina, but Mike was smart to save her IMO. Voting out Natalie will be forgiven by remaining Goliath IMO, but mike will be at bottom of Goliath pecking order and probably a big target if he voted out Angelina

Merge
Goliath (7)
Dan
John
Mike
Alec
Angelina
Allison
Kara

David (6)
Christian
Carl
Davie
Nick
Gabby
Elizabeth

That gives us 8 guys and 5 girls.

I don't know who will stay true to original tribes but the groups that will reconnect / stay together in my opinion:
Dan, Kara, John
Christian, Gabby (may pull Nick back in - Mason Dixon alliance?)
Carl, Davie

Everything is pretty jumbled and it is really hard to guess how the smaller groups connect because there is a lot of cross pollination going on. My guess is Goliath votes together once for safety, and then all hell breaks loose in subsequent votes.

It seems wide open right now, with everyone having a potential path to F3

MooreTrucker
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Lyrsa out and time to merge. I really thought Nick would stick to his guns and get Mike to vote out Angelina, but Mike was smart to save her IMO. Voting out Natalie will be forgiven by remaining Goliath IMO, but mike will be at bottom of Goliath pecking order and probably a big target if he voted out Angelina

Merge
Goliath (7)
Dan
John
Mike
Alec
Angelina
Allison
Kara

David (6)
Christian
Carl
Davie
Nick
Gabby
Elizabeth

That gives us 8 guys and 5 girls.

I don't know who will stay true to original tribes but the groups that will reconnect / stay together in my opinion:
Dan, Kara, John
Christian, Gabby (may pull Nick back in - Mason Dixon alliance?)
Carl, Davie

Everything is pretty jumbled and it is really hard to guess how the smaller groups connect because there is a lot of cross pollination going on. My guess is Goliath votes together once for safety, and then all hell breaks loose in subsequent votes.

It seems wide open right now, with everyone having a potential path to F3

But will the Brochacho's stay connected? Dan, John, Christian, Nick, Kara, Gabby, and Allison (who connected with Gabby this past episode) could be pretty formidable.
Bulldog73
AG
I think Gabby might be too neurotic to stick with that group for too long.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bulldog73 said:

I think Gabby might be too neurotic to stick with that group for too long.
But she loves her some Christian
cinag83
I think the edit shows Gabby and Christian staying for a while yet. Some of the weaker players will go home first like Alison or even Dan with 2 idols in his pocket or even one nullified.
LHIOB
AG
Randy Bailey predicted an Allison win based on the edit while on RHAP. I dont see it but who knows.

I can see Christian, Gabby and John making it far with Allison and Cara.

It will be awesome if the idol nullifier is played and Dan just pulls out his second idol.
HTownAg98
That was an awesome episode, and I am soooo confused.
MooreTrucker
AG
Me too. when Jeff said "unanimous vote" even after showing only the votes necessary, I went "HUH???"

I guess Elizabeth just came on too strong with her accusations of Angelina.
emoney
AG
I thought it made sense when you break it up. You have 5 other Davids in the merge tribe. You know Carl and Davie already don't like Elizabeth and then you have Christian, Gabby and Nick who are working with Mike, Alec and Alison who had the first thought of targeting Elizabeth.

I thought it was a good plan for them to get out Elizabeth and make the other Goliaths think they are "Goliath strong" which is what they wanted in the first place. From the preview, it looks like there is a fracture in the strike force but maybe they're trying to throw us off.
MooreTrucker
AG
It looked like fractures all over the place, but then came the unanimous vote.
Bulldog73
AG
That was some good editing by production or uniting by cast at the last minute. I was just complaining about how sometimes they try so hard to edit it to give misdirection, but just can't even make it look like there's a split. I definitely thought there would be at least a few that flipped their vote.
Eso si, Que es
emoney said:

I thought it made sense when you break it up. You have 5 other Davids in the merge tribe. You know Carl and Davie already don't like Elizabeth and then you have Christian, Gabby and Nick who are working with Mike, Alec and Alison who had the first thought of targeting Elizabeth.

I thought it was a good plan for them to get out Elizabeth and make the other Goliaths think they are "Goliath strong" which is what they wanted in the first place. From the preview, it looks like there is a fracture in the strike force but maybe they're trying to throw us off.
Elizabeth pushed too hard in tribal by trying to convince Goliath I am only trying to point out your fractures and help you. No one was buying that because of the hard sell, just drop the bomb and let Angelina dig her own grave.

strike force seemed strong in this episode and could do real damage.

Alec has to know he can't be Goliath strong for long or he will be gone within 2 weeks
Mike may be in the same boat as Alec since he voted out Natalie
Nick and Christian will have to keep Gabby from getting paranoid and causing dissention within the strike force group.

John continues to impress me. I gave him no chance based on his bio and wrestling background, I thought he would be a meat head. However, he is extremely intelligent and the edit showing his social awkwardness in confessionals has me thinking he may be the sole survivor.

Good merge episode.

PS - I thought the sign at merge feast that said everything you need is "right here" had a clue on the back of it or under it.

Tabasco
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

emoney said:

Elizabeth pushed too hard in tribal by trying to convince Goliath I am only trying to point out your fractures and help you. No one was buying that because of the hard sell, just drop the bomb and let Angelina dig her own grave.

Alec has to know he can't be Goliath strong for long or he will be gone within 2 weeks
Nick and Christian will have to keep Gabby from getting paranoid and causing dissention within the strike force group.

John continues to impress me. I gave him no chance based on his bio and wrestling background, I thought he would be a meat head. However, he is extremely intelligent and the edit showing his social awkwardness in confessionals has me thinking he may be the sole survivor.

Good merge episode.

PS - I thought the sign at merge feast that said everything you need is "right here" had a clue on the back of it or under it.

I thought that too. Looks like the paper glued to the wood could be peeled off. I thought someone was going to snatch the sign and hide it, then explore it later.
MooreTrucker
AG
Tabasco said:

Eso si, Que es said:

emoney said:

Good merge episode.

I thought that too. Looks like the paper glued to the wood could be peeled off. I thought someone was going to snatch the sign and hide it, then explore it later.
Gabby was all over that idea but couldn't pull it off, I guess.
bbattbq01
AG
Great tribal. Sad Jon is gone. Wish they had known mike had pushed for Christian to be gone so they would have split his way.
Bulldog73
AG
I love that they had the guts and idea to split their vote, and it's great to have burned up an idol. That 7-5 going 6-5 makes the steal a vote much more valuable.
gravy97
AG
I was surprised that Dan played his idol for Angelina... simply b/c she begged him? I guess he was hoping to keep the goliath numbers, but I thought he was on the fence of wanting to get rid of her, so i was surprised he would protect her. I was hoping he would just keep blinking when she was begging, like natalie did when angelina kept asking for her coat on the way out.

But it was rather genius to have the votes split. Christian did a great acting job to be 'what, you have an idol, and you are playing it for me?'... when clearly he knew something was in the works since he voted for John.

And John was a great sport. Played hard. Looked like he had a great time... and left with #brochachoblindside... just not the one i was expecting.
Southlake
Dan just put a bigger target on his back after backing Angelina, he better bond heavily with her and bring in Strike Force to set up a new alliance.

Tribal teams are over now. This is when the game really starts!

Hated to see John leave. He was surprisingly humble and social.
Bulldog73
AG
Yeah, episode one, I thought Jon would be a major jerk that I would hate. In the end, he seemed sincere and endearing. He himself wasn't a huge threat to win, but he was a big support for Dan eventually winning, so in the long run, he was a good elimination.
MooreTrucker
AG
gravy97 said:

And John was a great sport. Played hard. Looked like he had a great time... and left with #brochachoblindside... just not the one i was expecting. Sonofa*****!

FIFY
MooreTrucker
AG
Southlake said:

Dan just put a bigger target on his back after backing Angelina, he better bond heavily with her and bring in Strike Force to set up a new alliance.

Dan has two idols in his pocket, though, right? And Kara, except from the previews it looks like that may be fracturing.

And yeah, John was one of my favorites. I really hated to see him go.
aTmAg
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Yeah, episode one, I thought Jon would be a major jerk that I would hate. In the end, he seemed sincere and endearing. He himself wasn't a huge threat to win, but he was a big support for Dan eventually winning, so in the long run, he was a good elimination.
Agree about John. I was expecting to hate that guy, but ended up being one of the guys I liked the most. The whole mayor/comptroller of Slamtown thing was hilarious. His exit was gracious and funny. Hard to not like him.
Eso si, Que es
aTmAg said:

Bulldog73 said:

Agree about John. I was expecting to hate that guy, but ended up being one of the guys I liked the most. The whole mayor/comptroller of Slamtown thing was hilarious. His exit was gracious and funny. Hard to not like him.
I hated Jon's bio, but really liked him since episode 1. Really expected a huge personality but he was the kind of player I hope I could be. Very calm, socially vulnerable and most importantly humble.

Hated to see him go, but it was an incredible tribal. This season is quickly climbing the charts for me.

Tribal question- why did they split the votes if no one knew Davie had an idol. It did not seem like editing to me b/c of davie's speech and Christian / Nicks reactions. It was an incredible move that just didn't make sense to me.

I am very happy Christian is still strong and the steal a vote seems to be a huge opportunity this coming episode.
Eso si, Que es
MooreTrucker said:

Southlake said:

Dan has two idols in his pocket, though, right? And Kara, except from the previews it looks like that may be fracturing.

And yeah, John was one of my favorites. I really hated to see him go.
Dan used an idol and still has an idol. I expect an idol scramble next episode with 2 being played another is most likely coming back.
Old Tom Morris
Quote:

Tribal question- why did they split the votes if no one knew Davie had an idol. It did not seem like editing to me b/c of davie's speech and Christian / Nicks reactions. It was an incredible move that just didn't make sense to me.
I still chalk it up to creative editing where some knew more than the show let on, and it benefited them to not show their cards during tribal.
MooreTrucker
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

Quote:

I still chalk it up to creative editing where some knew more than the show let on, and it benefited them to not show their cards during tribal.
That was my thought as well. As it was happening, I thought Nick would use his advantage and then Davie used the idol and I thought "oh crap, they wasted one" but that wasn't the case after all.

Also, I wondered how the idol steal thing works. Does the user have to announce it, or can they do it in secret up in the voting spot?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.