***Survivor 37 - David vs. Goliath***

21,493 Views | 219 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LHIOB
tx1c
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

I'm not playing, but I do need to know what this user name is.
No question you'll figure it out: https://www.fantasysurvivorgame.com/standings.html
Old Tom Morris
I just see the global standings since I didn't register.

Although from the global standings, Anal Probst is pretty solid.
bbattbq01
AG
Anticlimactic finish for sure, and agree the oversharing on day 2 was a little uncomfortable. I wonder how many episodes they'll keep them in separate tribes?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Have no idea how I am in the lead but Peyonme is two legit to quit
LHIOB
AG
What a stupid vote. I like Christian and Gabby but that was bad.

That had to be one of the hardest challenges they have ever done.

I like this cast so far minus a few peoplebut they have to make better decisions.
Old Tom Morris
Sending home the young hottie is never a good move.
gravy97
AG
It amazed me on the challenge that the Davids weren't looking at the goliath's puzzle to realize the pieces had to connect between the platforms... they were each still trying to balance 3 pieces on each little platform dealio without connecting... guess the nerd guy hadn't done any algorithms on that
Eso si, Que es
Old Tom Morris said:

Sending home the young hottie is never a good move.
You know production probably asked each of them when they voted, "Are you sure? This is bad for ratings, are you POSITIVE?"

I can see this going the route of last year's tribe that could not win a single competition creating an early tribe swap. David's may get crushed and production will be thinking oh crap.

Survivor 38 - Beauty vs The Cripples. At the end we will learn that beautiful people must be great at challenges when they run the tables against quadriplegics!

I love survivor, but creating all these special "VS" name titles because every year is in Fiji is getting odd. Lets just do an old school yard pick em where the 2 biggest dudes stand there and pick a team instead of trying to pigeon hole everyone into a category. People are individuals, they don't have to be categorized by race, religion, profession, privilege or anything else.
bbattbq01
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

I love survivor, but creating all these special "VS" name titles because every year is in Fiji is getting odd. Lets just do an old school yard pick em where the 2 biggest dudes stand there and pick a team instead of trying to pigeon hole everyone into a category. People are individuals, they don't have to be categorized by race, religion, profession, privilege or anything else.

School yard pick would be epic.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yeah why are we getting rid of the hotties
holy crap I am not sure that one dude will survive without his addarall
expresswrittenconsent
Eso si, Que es said:

Are you saying you actually enjoy the show less because it is called survivor ghost island or survivor heros hustlers hairdressers than you would if it were called survivor 37 or just survivor? I agree with you that this season theme seems even more arbitrary than HHH did. But almost all of these seasons feature multiple tribe shuffles pre merge so the "theme" is usually gone pretty early in the season.
Also, the sentence about how people are individuals is a bit naive if you have watched ANY reality TV over the last 2 decades. Virtually every current contestant/applicant on survivor, big brother, the MTV shows that have spun from real world, and all the bad girls club type WB reality goes into the show trying to play a certain character type that they have previously seen on survivor/big brother/real world. The casting directors are looking for certain character types and the applicants know this and play to those character types.
cinag83
I'm wondering why there is so little love for survivor but big brother ended up with like 100 pages? Anyway, looking forward to this one. I like Christian and Gabby.
Eso si, Que es
expresswrittenconsent said:

Eso si, Que es said:

Are you saying you actually enjoy the show less because it is called survivor ghost island or survivor heros hustlers hairdressers than you would if it were called survivor 37 or just survivor? I agree with you that this season theme seems even more arbitrary than HHH did. But almost all of these seasons feature multiple tribe shuffles pre merge so the "theme" is usually gone pretty early in the season.
Also, the sentence about how people are individuals is a bit naive if you have watched ANY reality TV over the last 2 decades. Virtually every current contestant/applicant on survivor, big brother, the MTV shows that have spun from real world, and all the bad girls club type WB reality goes into the show trying to play a certain character type that they have previously seen on survivor/big brother/real world. The casting directors are looking for certain character types and the applicants know this and play to those character types.
No, I am saying that I wish they would stop picking a cast and then creating a theme and saying someone is a David or a Goliath or a healer/hustler/hero etc. I agree that they cast a drama queen, a villain etc and edit them to fit that stereotype. I just don't agree with how they force a round peg into a square hole to create a theme.

The individualism was a political commentary of how society keeps shoving people into boxes and awarding (or deducting) them points for the number of categories that they check off. You are you, unique and there are none like you, celebrate that as a society.
LHIOB
AG
cinag83 said:

I'm wondering why there is so little love for survivor but big brother ended up with like 100 pages? Anyway, looking forward to this one. I like Christian and Gabby.

Good episode last night. Bi's knee got lots of airtime I hope shes not a medical evac. The vote last night was a classic case of talking your way out of the game. I can imagine the Goliath tribe expected to have a 10-7 advantage going to the swap. Will they go to 2 or 3 tribes?

The BB thread got more love for several reasons. It was a great season. There are 3 episodes a week and we have a few posters who are great about posting daily feed updates.
Bulldog73
AG
I also wonder viewership numbers overall, and also BB being filmed and streamed 24/7 plays a role as wellI would imagine.
expresswrittenconsent
cinag83 said:

I dont think the lack of posts is an indication of lack of interest in the show. I think plenty of people here still watch but what exactly is there to talk about? It's a fun watch. It still rates well and keeps reinventing itself. But it's a game show like Jeopardy. Which can also be entertaining yet still not elicit much chatter until something unusual happens.

FYI, there is comprehensive (and hilarious) coverage other places.

I also think the fall season of survivor can sit on people's DVR or streaming watchlist for several days with football and MLB playoffs going on, so you dont get as much back and forth discussion/arguments about that week's tribal council or whatever.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Yeah it is tough to figure out bc it is so heavily edited

MooreTrucker
AG
cinag83 said:

I like Christian and I really love Gabby. She's the epitome of nerd cute.
LHIOB
AG
I get this is the big moves era but that was dumb. Lost the numbers in his tribe and overall.

The teal tribe is pretty awesome. Christian and John talking Slamtown was fantastic.
Bulldog73
AG
It was a really fun episode and Christian getting to connect with the mayor of slamtown or whatever had us rolling. You can't convince me that dude isn't on the spectrum.
MookieBlaylock
AG
To go from 2 to 3 tribes then toss in exile island was a good twist

The girl leaving bc she has a sprained MCL is the biggest piece of bs in survivor history

She should be shamed for that

LHIOB
AG
Cant really blame her. Shes an MMA fighter. If she screws up her knee she may not be able to fight again.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Her career is so awesome she went on survivor?

The fact that an alleged mma fighter would quit bc of knee sprain makes her even more pathetic

Worst survivor contestant ever
LHIOB
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

The fact that an alleged mma fighter would quit bc of knee sprain makes her even more pathetic

Shes got a career record of 4-3 and shes very much an MMA fighter. If she tore her knee up and cant fight for a year that means she loses money.
MooreTrucker
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Not even close
Bulldog73
AG
Remember the smoker dude who tried to "throw everyone off" episode one by getting everyone to vote for himself?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Bulldog73 said:

Remember the smoker dude who tried to "throw everyone off" episode one by getting everyone to vote for himself?
At least he was on the show
This chick was worthless

And at 4 and 3 she is fighting at bars
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Bulldog73 said:

At least he was on the show
This chick was worthless

And at 4 and 3 she is fighting at bars
Were you one of the 4?
Eso si, Que es
Late to the party this week.

Stupid tribal council, when Alec said in a side interview that he understood Carl would join the tribe and put Goliath down numbers, I figured he at least saw the big picture, but that was dumb, dumb, dumb.

David got so screwed by the tribe swap. 3/2, 3/2, 3/2 and 1 was the absolute worst possible outcome out of about 100 potential combinations, that was the worst split imaginable for David. I think the best split possible for David would have been 3/2, 3/2, 0/5, 1.

Natalie was cracking me up that episode. My wife and I were rolling during her Queen of the day moment, how can anyone be that non self aware?

Green tribe should sweep challenges with the brawns and brains until the merge. Christian/Gabby have a real chance if Kara gets voted out and Dan has no true Goliath alliance left, it is wishful thinking but I really like the green tribe players infinitely better than the rest of the cast right now.
MooreTrucker
AG
Can you imagine the speech that Natalie would give if she made it to the final? She'd try to give "puppetmaster" a whole new definition.
Southlake
Girl quitting didn't really make sense. And, Her announcing it like it was a big surprise to everyone was just poor editing.
bbattbq01
AG
Comptroller of Slam Town.
aTmAg
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Jimmy Johnson went on Survivor. He career has been somewhat awesome.
expresswrittenconsent
She quit. Not sure why there is any debate on here. The show editors made it 100% clear. This was not a medical evac. She allegedly injured her MCL a month or so before the show started taping, and she also allegedly had an MMA fight scheduled for 30 days after survivor was done taping. She was never a serious contestant. I dont agree with Mookie as worst player ever, but a quitter for no reason is going to be among the worst ever.
MooreTrucker
AG
aTmAg said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Jimmy Johnson went on Survivor. He career has been somewhat awesome.
Mike the screenwriter is pretty successful.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.