*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

819,398 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But it was limited to a handful of episodes.
The Collective
AG
I guess I feel like a lot of the mystical items in Rebels had groundwork from CW (Nightsisters, Mortis, Sidious feels like straight sorcery at points). Rebels does spend a lot of time delving into the nature of the Force though, but I never really felt like it got "weird" like Clone Wars did at times.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Encouraged and my excitement is building. Heavy doses of fan service in IX would be a feature, not a bug IMO
DannyDuberstein
AG
Quote:

The Rise of Skywalker: a bit like watching five Star Wars Rebels episodes back-to-back. Maybe Return of the Jedi was not a movie to echo?
ROTJ gets way too much hate. One of my favorites.
The Collective
AG
ROTJ was my favorite Star Wars movie growing up. It's not perfect, but I'm a sucker for a redemption story I suppose. I don't enjoy the updated version, but the despecialized one is so on point that at times I'd willing to put it #2 in on my list.

Rancor scared the **** out of me as a little kid.
I got in trouble at the pool more times than I can count motioning to my friends from the diving board and pretending to be Luke Skywalker about to jump into the pit.
Luke force choking Jabba's guards.
"I am a Jedi like my father before me" - chills.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep. I think the throne room scene (all assembled) between Luke, Vader, and the Emperor is possibly my favorite of the series. 3 films that culminated so perfectly. The quote you called out. Luke's emotional lash out when Vader mentions turning Leia. The Emperor's creepiness. Vader's redemption (without the "no" -> total dip**** move to add that).
My Dad Earl
AG
So if the Emperor really is back in this one, I hope the opening scene is him lighting-bolting Kylo Ren to death and then taking over as the real big bad. Oh, and throw Rose in there too. The trilogy would then be saved.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'll settle for a brief Rose cameo where we find she's giving handjobs behind the Mos Eisley cantina for money. This war will be won not by fighting what we hate, but by saving what we love. Handjobs.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I think if ROTJ had wookies instead of little furry guys made for marketing, most people would have it up there with ESB. But I think that's somewhat unfairly used to dislike it. Overdone.
Liquid Wrench
Ewoks were awesome. People who complain about that take themselves and their patchy facial hair way too seriously.
The Collective
AG
My Dad Earl said:

So if the Emperor really is back in this one, I hope the opening scene is him lighting-bolting Kylo Ren to death and then taking over as the real big bad. Oh, and throw Rose in there too. The trilogy would then be saved.

Get rid of the only new character with an interesting story arc up to this point?
My Dad Earl
AG
I Have Spoken said:

My Dad Earl said:

Get rid of the only new character with an interesting story arc up to this point?
Are you talking about Kylo or Rose?
G Martin 87
AG
John Matrix said:

I Have Spoken said:

These reviews are like being on a rollercoaster.

It seems like they were trying to fix all of the problems in one film which is almost impossible.
My concern, having read all the Reddit leaks, is that ROS is more complicated than it needed to be to wrap everything up. The negative tweets seem to be implying the same thing.
WestAustinAg
AG
Wondering if...

"too much fan service" = "ok boomer!"

If it panders to the traditional fans does that mean it repudiates TLJ on some level?
TCTTS
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Wondering if...

"too much fan service" = "ok boomer!"

If it panders to the traditional fans does that mean it repudiates TLJ on some level?

This basic sentiment has been expressed in multiple tweet reactions.
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
We need more William Dafoe in things
DE4D
AG
TCTTS
AG
Urban Ag
AG
These Hollywood twitter critics have better analogies and sayings than my redneck friends

"Pork added to the Christmas tree". Seriously, WTF does that even mean?

StrykerAg
AG
I Have Spoken said:

So is the movie. Everyone was walking to the after party like "holy **** I am exhausted. Emotionally drained. WTF WAS all that!?" Kathleen Kennedy asked my sisters what they thought and they said "Overwhelming." The potato salad tweet is funny because the final act pretty much had me thinking "no, stop, this is too much! I can't handle all of this at once. DON'T MAKE CRY! I WILL NOT CRY! I LOVE YOU STAR WARS!"
The Collective
AG
StrykerAg said:

DON'T MAKE CRY! I WILL NOT CRY!

jokershady
AG
Oh I've already determined this will probably be the first movie that my kids see me cry while watching.
StrykerAg
AG
Also, I just had In N Out burger for the first time (this was my first time on the West Coast). Good but nothing special. Fries sucked. Hopefully I will have a little more time to explore this area when my sisters and I are back for Star Wars Celebration in August.

I fly back to NYC/PA tonight, and then I will be back in TX for Texas Bowl, Cotton Bowl & WHATABURGER next week.
TCTTS
AG
StrykerAg said:

I Have Spoken said:

So is the movie. Everyone was walking to the after party like "holy **** I am exhausted. Emotionally drained. WTF WAS all that!?" Kathleen Kennedy asked my sisters what they thought and they said "Overwhelming." The potato salad tweet is funny because the final act pretty much had me thinking "no, stop, this is too much! I can't handle all of this at once. DON'T MAKE CRY! I WILL NOT CRY! I LOVE YOU STAR WARS!"

After all the b*tching and moaning on this board about Kennedy (from myself included at times), I find it hilarious that one of our own actually found themselves in a position where Kennedy was literally asking what they thought. And even better that the answer in return wasn't a pandering "It was great!" but "Overwhelmed." I don't why, but that kills me. So good.
TCTTS
AG
StrykerAg said:

Also, I just had In & Out burger for the first time (this was my first time on the West Coast). Good but nothing special. Fries sucked. Hopefully I will have a little more time to explore this area when my sisters and I are back for Star Wars Celebration in August.

I fly back to NYC/PA tonight, and then I will be back in TX for Texas Bowl, Cotton Bowl & WHATABURGER next week.

The fries are hit and miss. They have potential, but yeah, they usually suck. I'm headed back to Texas as well, on Saturday, and per usual my first stop after deplaning will be the Whataburger in the Love Field terminal. Nothing else compares.
TCTTS
AG
StrykerAg
AG
TCTTS said:

StrykerAg said:

I Have Spoken said:

After all the b*tching and moaning on this board about Kennedy (from myself included at times), I find it hilarious that one of our own actually found themselves in a position where Kennedy was literally asking what they thought. And even better that the answer in return wasn't a pandering "It was great!" but "Overwhelmed." I don't why, but that kills me. So good.

I was shocked that she stood there and talked to my sisters for a good 10 minutes and gave them her business card. I don't know what the hell they talked about besides my sister asking if Rian Johnson will be involved with the new ones (yes). I need to stay on my sisters' good side because they got quite a few Lucasfilm business cards last night after already getting Johnson's at a film festival a few months ago. The goal is internship/job and that would be pretty freaking cool if it actually worked out.
TCTTS
AG
Man, that's awesome. Sounds like they certainly know how to network, which is half the battle out here (if not way more).
Urban Ag
AG
StrykerAg said:

I Have Spoken said:

In all seriousness that is awesome to hear.

TFA had a couple of those moments. Nothing in TLJ, at least for me. Invoked almost zero emotional response.

I want this movie to jack up my emotions. Whether it's old characters, or the new, something that rattles my cage.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
For context, though...

Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

StrykerAg said:

Also, I just had In & Out burger for the first time (this was my first time on the West Coast). Good but nothing special. Fries sucked. Hopefully I will have a little more time to explore this area when my sisters and I are back for Star Wars Celebration in August.

The fries are hit and miss. They have potential, but yeah, they usually suck. I'm headed back to Texas as well, on Saturday, and per usual my first stop after deplaning will be the Whataburger in the Love Field terminal. Nothing else compares.

I truly believe that is the best Whataburger in the country
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, looks like David can erlich my balls.
Sex Panther
AG
Dude that is badass... incredible you got to go to.

So your sisters are writers? How did they get these invites? That's like the most coveted ticket in Hollywood I'd imagine.
First Page Last Page
Page 179 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.