*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,632 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bo Darville said:

Here's another good TLJ tears review with spoilers. Also some liberal years in it as well with quotes like the below.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2019/12/18/review-disney-and-lucasfilms-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-is-a-terrible-end-to-the-skywalker-saga/#1ef48376113c

Quote:

It's not just that Rise of Skywalker undoes Last Jedi's "it's not your franchise anymore" metaphorsaimed at a generation that grew up loving Star Wars and then allowed two Palpatine-ish leaders (George W. Bush and Trump) to come into powerfor generic "don't worry, Star Wars is still the best!" fan bait. It's that this is the only real reason this movie exists.

That review is bat **** off the rails crazy.
WestAustinAg
AG
Those tears feed me.
Article 58-10 Offender
I just got out and I loved it. I'm headed for the spoilers thread now.
John Matrix
AG
This movie is a ******* mess in terms of plotting and editing. It's like a Star Wars movie written by a ten-year-old hopped up on Dr.Pepper and starbursts after marathoning the OT in one setting, and I kind of love it for it? It's a movie that breaks every screenwriting rule, yet totally understands and obviously loves Star Wars at every turn. On the end, it's imperfect as hell, but I think I love it.
maroon man
S
Even better on our 2nd viewing.

Just caught more things but most importantly was able to just sit back & enjoy what's on screen instead of waiting for the next scene.

Also my issues with the first 1/2 hour or so I liked way more now & didn't bother me at all.

I loved it. Terrific ending.,

Madmarttigan
AG
I think objectively it might actually be a terrible movie where so many things don't make sense or aren't explained but subjectively It was still a more fun ride that TLJ
maca1028
See y'all in the spoiler thread in about 3 hours.
jokershady
AG
This is what I'm hoping for upon second viewing
Phat32
AG
The trailers in our IMAX showing were a little excessive.

Start time 7:40.
Commercials until 7:47.
6-7ish trailers.
Tenet prologue.

I think the actual start time of TROS was about 8:25.
fig96
AG
Your trailers were 5 minutes long each?
WestAustinAg
AG
John Matrix said:

This movie is a ******* mess in terms of plotting and editing. It's like a Star Wars movie written by a ten-year-old hopped up on Dr.Pepper and starbursts after marathoning the OT in one setting, and I kind of love it for it? It's a movie that breaks every screenwriting rule, yet totally understands and obviously loves Star Wars at every turn. On the end, it's imperfect as hell, but I think I love it.

So more like the average young persons movie we have seen for the last 10 years. All Marvel movies, The Hobbit movies, Jumanji's and every movie made for young audiences Just the way the original movies were written for young people back in the 70's.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Question...

- I have *a* ticket to see TROS in Dolby Atmos next Thursday at 6 PM (the first possible showing) at AMC's big, flagship theater fairly close to my apartment. It's not a great seat but not a bad seat either. In the rush to buy tickets, I bought this one as a backup in case I wasn't able to get the theater/showing I wanted for our big group outing.

- I have six tickets to see TROS in true IMAX a day later, next Friday at 7 PM, at The Chinese Theater in Hollywood with a group of friends in great seats.

So... do I see TROS for the first time on Thursday in a pretty good theater, but by myself - or - do I wait a day and see it for the first time with friends in IMAX in the most famous theater in the world? If I go Thursday night alone I'll still go on Friday, but my first time seeing the final Skywalker movie ever won't be in the ideal environment. But if I wait 'til Friday, I risk being spoiled, won't be part of the first wave of discussion in the spoiler thread, and will of course have to endure 24 hours of jealousy before I finally see it for myself Friday night. I'm leaning toward just seeing it both nights, back-to-back, but can be swayed to wait 'til Friday.

What do I do?
Just catching up on this thread. So which one did you go to?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I Have Spoken said:

We all know Spilner is lurking this thread, right? There is no way he is resisting.
You were wrong, friend.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12 said:

Sex Panther said:

This movie sounds like its gonna be Fast & Furious meets Star Wars
Oh god don't tell BES that lol
Fast Five was a better movie than Solo. There, I said it.
TCTTS
AG
Returned the Thursday ticket, went on Friday. Glad I did because there's no chance I could have sat through that movie two nights in a row.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Some people have other things going on in their lives besides having 7 cinematic orgasms a week.
This made me actually LOL.

But also...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Saw it again with my 5 year old.

She loved it.

I Enjoyed it again.
First Page Refresh
Page 194 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.