*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

247,393 Views | 3791 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by TCTTS
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sex Panther said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

TPM and AOTC definitely win in this category. Both are great. TPM is simply iconic. One of the best posters ever.

AOTC - the one with Padme and Anakin back to back?? That's lame as hell.

I pretty much hate everything about the prequels, but I do agree on TPM... That is an incredible poster and absolutely iconic.
I think where he is going with that is Portman looks like you want to take her home to meet your mom and then knock her up. At least that's what it does for me.

I mean, geez, just look at the symbolism of Anakin's "sabre"
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Best posters from those based on the poster alone:

1. TPM - simply iconic, really told the story in one clever pic with shadow and the SAND. So much anticipation then.
2. ESB - it's easy to downplay it now, but at the time after only SW had been released with what we knew about Vader going into ESB it was menacing and iconic.
3. TLJ - the colors just evoked something so dark and sinister, and the two sides split by Rey, too bad the film let that down. But great visual.

double aught
AG
I like the ROTJ poster. Most likely because I vaguely remember seeing it as a child.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got the D23 trailer in front of Ad Astra. Nice.
TCTTS
AG
Ad Astra thoughts in the official thread?
Ag Since 83
AG
Got the trailer as well
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Got the D23 trailer in front of Ad Astra. Nice.

That's awesome, but I'm wondering if that potentially pushes back the release of the final trailer? For the past two saga movies, the cycle has been teaser trailer in April, final trailer in October. But now with IX, we've had a teaser trailer in April, a second teaser trailer in September (theatrically, even though it released online in August)... and then a final trailer in October? We know it's likely going to be a Monday night in October (with Monday Night Football), but I was originally thinking either October 7th or 14th. Now I'm thinking it might be October 21st or 28th so as to distance itself a bit from this latest one.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
It will probably be timed for when tickets go on sale, which is 2 months out right?
TCTTS
AG
It's not always exactly two months out...

10.19.15 = TFA Final Trailer / Tickets
12.18.15 = TFA Release Date

10.09.17 = TLJ Final Trailer / Tickets
12.15.17 = TLJ Release Date

... in other words, it could be as early as Monday, October 7th or as late as Monday, October 21, based on the pattern of the past two releases. Seeing as TROS releases on December 20, October 21 would probably make the most sense for the final trailer. But again, really any Monday in October is in play, all things considered.
TCTTS
AG
I've said this before, but Monday, October 7th is Browns at 49ers, and the San Francisco angle would make a lot of sense, considering the Lucasfilm connection. I could see them getting some of those back-from-commercial shots of Skywalker Ranch, and doing a whole tie-in thing, but who knows. October 21st is Patriots at Jets, and any Monday night game with the Patriots is obviously a big deal, so I could just as easily see that one, and again, the timing probably works better. Hopefully we hear something relatively soon, either way...
TCTTS
AG
Upcoming advent calendar imagery, followed by the right half in-full on the cover of Star Wars Insider...

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.