*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

749,014 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Mac94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Why go to the trouble of doctoring the order of some lines from a movie some 32 years previous if it were not meant to foreshadow that Luke actually is Rey's father?

If not actual father how about some type of hybrid clone type product the Emperor had done from Luke's DNA from his hand found on Imperial controlled Bespin? Rey was created from Luke's blood?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
The real gut punch will be if Leia is also her mother... hence why Han and Leia broke up.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mac94 said:

Quote:

Why go to the trouble of doctoring the order of some lines from a movie some 32 years previous if it were not meant to foreshadow that Luke actually is Rey's father?

If not actual father how about some type of hybrid clone type product the Emperor had done from Luke's DNA from his hand found on Imperial controlled Bespin? Rey was created from Luke's blood?
You thought they *****ed about TLJ? Try telling the general audience the she's a hybrid clone type product
bobinator
AG
So, I've been kind of workshopping this for a bit, but let me know what y'all think.

Note, there may be things in here already discussed/denied/confirmed/whatever, but I can't keep track of all of the theories and whatnot so apologies.

Assumptions/background/evidence:
  • There is strong to quite strong evidence that Palpatine either himself created, or helped create Anakin Skywalker.
  • There is definitely something special about Rey given her powers
  • Palpatine is involved in the movie
  • One of the Death Stars is involved in the movie
  • There has been various evidence that this movie ties back to the prequel trilogy (we know musically it does for sure)

So, what if Rey isn't some kind of clone/hybrid/whatever of Luke, but was created the same way that Anakin was. Palpatine created others using it, but after he died others picked up the work, so this method of manipulating the midichlorians to create life was passed down, the goal to develop a group of people that are super powerful with the force.

Between the fall of the empire and the rise of the first order, this plan was at some point abandoned, and the children (of various ages) were scattered throughout the galaxy. There aren't like a million of them, just a handful.

Perhaps these people are who the Knights of Ren, and when this movie begins, maybe Kylo Ren himself, are searching for. Trying to bring this potentially powerful group of people together. Rey and the resistance find out about this plan, and then also start trying to seek them out.

• Clues to their locations, or at least the place they were created, could be on the Death Star
  • Palpatine helped create them, thus would be trying to reach out to them and to Kylo Ren, explaining his involvement in the movie
  • It gives the Knights of Ren something more concrete to have been doing other than "searching for dark artifacts"
  • It would explain Rey's origins and her connection to the Skywalkers without having to retroactively say she's some kind of clone or whatever
  • It gives The Resistance some kind of fighting chance if people like Lor San Tekka are out there trying to protect/watch over these kids. (Maybe broom kid is one of them?)
  • Since the first one was Anakin Skywalker, if this group of people come together at the end of the movie to form a group that watches over the galaxy, it could explain the title "Rise of Skywalker."

Thoughts?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Post a picture of this workshop. Does it look like this?

bobinator
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
mazag08
AG
bobinator said:

So, I've been kind of workshopping this for a bit, but let me know what y'all think.

Note, there may be things in here already discussed/denied/confirmed/whatever, but I can't keep track of all of the theories and whatnot so apologies.

Assumptions/background/evidence:
  • There is strong to quite strong evidence that Palpatine either himself created, or helped create Anakin Skywalker.
  • There is definitely something special about Rey given her powers
  • Palpatine is involved in the movie
  • One of the Death Stars is involved in the movie
  • There has been various evidence that this movie ties back to the prequel trilogy (we know musically it does for sure)

So, what if Rey isn't some kind of clone/hybrid/whatever of Luke, but was created the same way that Anakin was. Palpatine created others using it, but after he died others picked up the work, so this method of manipulating the midichlorians to create life was passed down, the goal to develop a group of people that are super powerful with the force.

Between the fall of the empire and the rise of the first order, this plan was at some point abandoned, and the children (of various ages) were scattered throughout the galaxy. There aren't like a million of them, just a handful.

Perhaps these people are who the Knights of Ren, and when this movie begins, maybe Kylo Ren himself, are searching for. Trying to bring this potentially powerful group of people together. Rey and the resistance find out about this plan, and then also start trying to seek them out.

• Clues to their locations, or at least the place they were created, could be on the Death Star
  • Palpatine helped create them, thus would be trying to reach out to them and to Kylo Ren, explaining his involvement in the movie
  • It gives the Knights of Ren something more concrete to have been doing other than "searching for dark artifacts"
  • It would explain Rey's origins and her connection to the Skywalkers without having to retroactively say she's some kind of clone or whatever
  • It gives The Resistance some kind of fighting chance if people like Lor San Tekka are out there trying to protect/watch over these kids. (Maybe broom kid is one of them?)
  • Since the first one was Anakin Skywalker, if this group of people come together at the end of the movie to form a group that watches over the galaxy, it could explain the title "Rise of Skywalker."

Thoughts?
So Skywalker is in effect,, the Halo Spartans of the Star Wars universe?

Not bad.. but I dont know..
TCTTS
AG
Not bad. I like it.

It also falls in line with what I (and others) have been saying about "Skywalker" becoming the new "Jedi," just in a slightly more specific/different way.

I think the title partially refers to Luke coming back in some form or fashion, but yeah, I mostly think it has to do with this new group of "Skywalkers" essentially replacing the Jedi from here on out.

In that sense, it also somewhat mirrors the title of the third movie in the OT, which just hit me...

Return of the Jedi

The Rise of Skywalker
veryfuller
Staff
AG
And Episode III is Revenge of the Sith....So they all mirror each other
TCTTS
AG
Sith... Jedi... Skywalker.

I dig that.
bobinator
AG
TCTTS said:

I think the title partially refers to Luke coming back in some form or fashion, but yeah, I mostly think it has to do with this new group of "Skywalkers" essentially replacing the Jedi from here on out.
We've discussed this a few times, but just in case anyone's missed it. I'm with everyone that it refers to Luke, but I also think it refers to Anakin.

I'm kind of expecting that to be one of the 'hidden' aspects of this movie. We're going to know to expect Luke and Palpatine, but then they're going to hit us with Anakin as well being a factor in this movie.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
After reading everyone's theories, I just have a hard time thinking that JJ's story for the last Star Wars is going to be so convoluted and complicated. Honestly the most complicated story thread in the movies is Luke and Leia being siblings. Everything else has been straightforward and easy to explain. I don't know that we are going to get Palpatine clones and resurrected characters.

The most straightforward explanation for how Palpatine can be in the movie is as a force ghost as well. TLJ showed that force ghosts can manipulate the real world, so he could still pose some sort of threat. And perhaps the only way to kill a force ghost is to get rid of all the horcruxes. Ha, not really, but something like that. So the race across space is everyone trying to find the relic that needs to be destroyed or controlled?

Luke will be in at as a force ghost as well, but maybe force ghosts can fight each other?

IDK, i just doubt we are going to see resurrections or have the you-are-a-clone-of-this-other-character-for-the-purpose-of-being-possesed storylines.
The Collective
AG
veryfuller said:

After reading everyone's theories, I just have a hard time thinking that JJ's story for the last Star Wars is going to be so convoluted and complicated. Honestly the most complicated story thread in the movies is Luke and Leia being siblings. Everything else has been straightforward and easy to explain.

I think the most confusing storyline to follow across the franchise is Dooku and his motivations, specifically the scene with Kenobi in AOTC.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Dooku wanted to unmake the Republic, not necessarily by wholesale slaughter, but was following Sidious' lead to obtain the power he believed he required to take control of the Republic.

He constantly pressed Sidious to recruit Obi-Wan instead of Anakin, believing Obi-Wan's similarities to Qui-Gon would let him go rogue more easily than Anakin.

Sidious kept turning him down, so Dooku tried to recruit Obi-Wan himself in AOTC, the way Vader tries to reruit Luke. Dooku believe he and Obi-Wan could kill Sidious, exposing the corruption of the Senate in the process and set the Jedi back up to rule s they had in previous times.
bobinator
AG
This is kind of why I came up with my theory. I think it's going to be a lot more straightforward than Rey being a clone from Luke's missing hand or Palpatine's ghost inhabiting the body of an acolyte or some kind of time travel thing.

We've never seen anything like that in the movies. BUT, we do know that this movie intends to tie a ribbon on the whole thing and we know the death star is in it. So there has to be some kind of reason they go there.

That's why I think it might be something kind of along what I was saying because it wouldn't really need to introduce us to anything that doesn't already exist. You could introduce all of the necessary pieces to make my theory work in like ten seconds.

And since everyone loves things that come full circle... After we see Palpatine communicate with Kylo for the first time:

Palpatine: Tell me about the girl
Kylo: She's extremely powerful, there's no way someone without training can have that kind of power.
Palpatine: There is a way... Did you ever hear of how your grandfather was born?
Kylo: Yes, he was the only person ever born from the force itself
Palpatine: No... there are others...

I dunno... Something along those lines maybe. Then you kind of have all of your pieces on the board without any sort of weird explanations of anything.
bobinator
AG
Also, there are things that are "straightforward and easy to explain" only because they've chosen not to explain them.

The easiest example is who the hell was Snoke?

Part of why all of the theories are so convoluted and complex is because this movie is going to have to somehow bring up a new conflict. It seems unlikely that the whole movie is just Kylo trying to hunt down and kill Rey, something he probably can't do anyway.

So, there has to be some as-yet-unknown plot mechanic to this movie.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I mean....they never really explained the origin of Palpatine in the OT and people seemed fine with it. If people watched the OT with the level of anticipation, fan theorizing, expectation, etc. that they are this sequel trilogy, it would not have held up either. But the OT world got fleshed out a lot for fans in books and then in the prequels. And then JJ did his mystery box thing he likes where he left a bunch of stuff intentionally vague, but made it seem like it could possibly be important. But the origin of Snoke being unknown doesn't really bother me at all.

And I am not sure what you mean by them having to introduce new conflict. The central conflict of the trilogy so far (First Order v. Resistance) is still ongoing. Obviously Kylo and Rey have to fight at some point. Sure the plot is left wide open, but the conflict that needs to be resolved is apparent.
bobinator
AG
But you can get away with not having an origin if it's the beginning of a story. Nobody needs to know why he's the emperor, he just is, he's evil, let's go. You can kind of get away with that at the beginning of a series, but not as much at the end.

Once we know the characters, they have arcs. Palpatine is bad, and he wants more power, he's trying to bring Luke to the dark side, etc. You got the build up of the 'big bad' over three movies, which not only was the background of the "light vs dark" conflict, he also served as a vehicle to redeem Anakin Skywalker.

In the new trilogy, our big bad was Snoke, but now he's off the board. We also actually don't have the conflict of "The First Order vs the Resistance" anymore. There is no more resistance as far as everyone in the galaxy is aware. They were basically wiped off the map. They all fit on the Falcon at the end of the last movie.

So there's no real conceivable way that the resistance can take down the first order.

We do have the conflict of Kylo vs Rey, but I think we can probably say that it's unlikely that this trilogy is going to come down to one of them killing the other. Their relationship is basically the crux of this movie, but there has to be something new to frame it. We've already seen them fight each other, then fight together and then fight each other again. We also basically know that Kylo Ren can't defeat Rey. He's already tried and failed a couple of times and Rey is only growing more powerful.

So to give him a chance, he needs some new variable.

Also though, this is clearly setting up for a moment where Kylo Ren is going to have a chance at AT LEAST a mini-redemption, and that can't happen if he's the main bad guy.

So that's where we are. There could be some kind of new variable that strengthens the resistance and gives them a fighting chance against the First Order, or that gives Kylo more power than before, but there has to be something new.
bobinator
AG
But I kind of agree that a lot of the crazy theories on where Rey comes from are kind of pointless and unnecessarily complicated. Like, even if they're true it wouldn't affect what's going to happen in this movie.
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
looks like he's in the waiting room of my doctor's office.
double aught
AG
Looks like Yoda is in the theater.
TCTTS
AG
That's apparently from D23 somehow. I wonder if it's a frame from a test run of the featurette? Either way, that location isn't what I think it is, is it?

Belton Ag
AG
Not the biggest Kylo fan but when we were at Galaxy's Edge I was wearing a shirt with an X Wing on it and Kylo Ren saw it and walked up to me and told me he didn't like where my loyalties lie and told me to correct my behavior. Then I got a scolding from a storm trooper. It was pretty cool.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Leaks from The Force Net boards say Kylo takes Vader's helmet out of a drawer in that scene. Also shots of Rey, Poe, and Finn on the Falcon together and in the desert together, with Rey saying "It's too dangerous, I'll go alone," but them eventually deciding to all go together.

TCTTS
AG
Here it is...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Belton Ag said:

Not the biggest Kylo fan but when we were at Galaxy's Edge I was wearing a shirt with an X Wing on it and Kylo Ren saw it and walked up to me and told me he didn't like where my loyalties lie and told me to correct my behavior. Then I got a scolding from a storm trooper. It was pretty cool.
Last Thanksgiving at Hollywood Studios 2 stormtroopers walked up to me as I had a K2SO shirt on with the Imperial logo and saluted me. My kids still can't believe it happened.
TCTTS
AG
No idea where this footage is coming from. Seeing as that final shot is from Frozen II, though, I'm assuming this is some kind of D23 highlight reel or something...
wangus12
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

looks like he's in the waiting room of my doctor's office.
Ben's up for the that first prostate exam.
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Here it is...

Did it cut to Frozen at the end there. Intriguing cross over
TCTTS
AG
Belton Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Belton Ag said:

Last Thanksgiving at Hollywood Studios 2 stormtroopers walked up to me as I had a K2SO shirt on with the Imperial logo and saluted me. My kids still can't believe it happened.
Yeah I was with my daughter and when he walked off she was looking at me like "did that just happen?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is this a trailer or behind the scenes footage?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Think it was just part of an overall highlight of what's to come for Disney. Sizzle is tomorrow
First Page Last Page
Page 91 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.