*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,665 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Smoke coming out of Vader's helmet.

Did Kylo pick that up from his funeral pyre?

Time travel...
Flashdiaz
AG
kind of want Kylo to put on the Vader mask.... and roll credits.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Smoke coming out of Vader's helmet.

Did Kylo pick that up from his funeral pyre?

Time travel...
Would be a real switcharoo if it was Snoke coming out of Vader's helmet.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is this a trailer or behind the scenes footage?

I did some digging and it was from the Disney Legends Award ceremony this morning where they showed a sizzle reel with footage from upcoming Disney movies. And yes, it's actual footage, not behind the scenes.

That said, I doubt an official version of this ever makes its way online. The behind-the-scenes featurette tomorrow might have a couple of these shots, but the featurettes rarely showcase actual footage from the movie. We'll see, though. Maybe they'll shake it up this year...
TCTTS
AG
And here's a slightly better version...

The Collective
AG
The Vader helmet. Thank god for JJ Abrams.
TCTTS
AG
Even in this super grainy footage, the colors and lighting and action just pop way more than anything in TLJ. Abrams has his faults, but the look/sheer energy of his movies is phenomenal.

And yes, the Vader helmet is so cool. Hopefully we'll get a bit of backstory as to how Kylo came to be in possession of it, if not used as an actual plot point somehow this go around.
TCTTS
AG
Love this shot (didn't see it in the footage)...

Rex Racer
AG
I'm so excited for this. I don't know if Abrams will be able to save the entire trilogy with this last movie, but I have a feeling I will love the movie regardless. I really enjoy his stuff.
Quad Dog
AG
Had this thought earlier today: would the reveal that Snoke was a failed/twisted clone of Palpatine be a cool twist or a lame retcon?
TCTTS
AG
I'll take literally any explanation at this point. I'm in.
JetAg
AG
I'm starting to get a little excited for this movie.
ja86
AG
that is what Abrams does, he does hype better than anyone.... he completes stories like Steven King....
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Getting a TROS sizzle package on the same day I go see the Astros play for the first time in 3 years.

This day is going to rival the ESB special edition coming out on my birthday in 1997.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A heads-up for spoiler avoiders: There is an IMGUR account with multiple Star Wars TROS Lego product pictures on it, but the same IMGUR has a fairly detailed, very possibly real plot synopsis from TROS. From the rumors and set reports I've seen, it could definitely be real. So watch out for it if you're trying to stay clean for December.
Malachi Constant
AG
Where can I find this imgur album?
TCTTS
AG
Reminder that the Disney movie panel starts in 45 minutes and will last two hours. As with The Mandalorian and the Disney+ panel yesterday, I'm sure they'll save The Rise of Skywalker 'til the very end, and that panel ended up running about 20 minutes over. So we're still probably a good three hours or so from the behind the scenes featurette dropping.
TCTTS
AG
And just FYI, the featurette hasn't been confirmed, But again, TFA, TLJ, and Rogue One all released featurettes the summers before their December releases, at big events like D23 and Comic-Con, so that's what everyone is expecting here. Maybe, because it's the end of the Skywalker Saga, they shake things up a bit and do something different, but I'd be surprised...
TCTTS
AG
Ha, of course Star Wars is FIRST in this panel. Might be getting the featurette sooner than I thought...
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Saxsoon
AG
What the **** is happening!
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Dro07
AG
Is that legit?
TCTTS
AG
Yes. Read above. Episode IX panel just ended at D23.
Saxsoon
AG
dromo07 said:

Is that legit?

Yep just read a live blog description on Gizmodo

Also that poster is amazing
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Dro07
AG
Sith Rey?! Are they going the GOT route with hee
TCTTS
AG
Footage still not online. Sounds like it wasn't a standard featurette, but not a trailer either. Beginning to think it might just be D23 exclusive...
Malachi Constant
AG
She gotten ahold of mauls double saber
Dro07
AG
Maybe it was a gift from her grandfather...
bobinator
AG
dromo07 said:

Sith Rey?! Are they going the GOT route with hee

Based on the "not as simple as light and dark" theme in this movies, I don't think it's going to be like "Rey goes full evil."
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

The film's official trailer is still being cut, but D23 attendees got a look at a compilation of footage.

It begins with Luke Skywalker saying, "A thousand generations live in you now. But this is your fight."
Rey is on a desert planet with a bustling city, almost prequel like in color. Poe and Finn and others are with her they look down and it's bright and crowded with people, creatures, flags.

Cut to Rey throwing a lightsaber at a tree, coming back to her as a boomerang. We see Kylo Ren on a barge-like ship. Luke fades as we move to a voiceover of the Emperor saying the journey nears its end, and then Rey, in Sith robes, unveils a Darth Maul-like double sworded red saber. She stares straight ahead.
First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.