*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

747,548 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Theory I'm seeing on Twitter...

It's not *our* Rey in a black Sith robe and wielding a red, double-bladed lightsaber.

It's a Rey clone.
TCTTS
AG
I cannot believe that A) they didn't do the standard featurette, and B) they're not releasing online what they *did* show to the crowd. They've released a featurette every summer, and they're always so good.

Between this and the Tenet teaser never making it online, this fall better be packet with kick ass trailers...
Malachi Constant
AG
TCTTS
AG
Dro07
AG
I could see that if they do go the cloning route but maybe confusing as heck. What if Palp has a ton of Rey clones similar to what the storm troopers were and Rey was the only one that was rescued and taken to Jaku?
twilly
AG
Simplest explanation tends to be the answer.

Dream sequence a la Luke's failure in the cave on Dagobah.
Dro07
TCTTS
AG
But we got the "a la Luke's failure in the cave on Dogobah" dream sequence LAST movie...
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

But we got the "a la Luke's failure in the cave on Dogobah" dream sequence LAST movie...
Let's the past die. Kill it if you must.
boogieman
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
A. She's Luuke Skywalker

B. She's the Emperor's Hand

TCTTS
AG

AliasMan02
AG
JJ loves his mystery box and all, but I think the tease of Rey in Sith robes with the double lightsaber seals the general plot.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

I think it should say Kylo, not Poe, fighting Rey on the water planet.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
EW says the video will be online Monday.

Does anyone else think Palpatine looks nothing like Palpatine in that poster?
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

Rey is wearing an all in black robbed outfit with a double bladed red Lightsaber. Her robes are said to look very similar to Darth Maul's.

As we see Rey in this new look we get new dialogue from Palpatine saying "The Journey is coming to an end".

We see Rey dueling Kylo Ren on the Death Star Wreckage in the Ocean. Jason says it looks incredible.

We also see super weapon like lasers hitting the surface of a planet, which could link up to a story we put out about the Sith fleet.

Zorri Bliss is Poe Dameron's love interest from the past.

Rey is also wearing a rope type necklace which could confirm the festival scene that Jason reported on a few months ago.

This all sounds pretty incredible and unexpected. I'm very curious about this whole "Evil Rey" stuff and what that could mean for the finale. Could Rey actually be a Clone? It would give the cave scene from The Last Jedi a whole new meaning.

I'm utterly convinced that Rey is a clone at this point. I totally forgot about the dozens-of-Reys in her dream/vision in TLJ. Between that and everything else chronicled in "the hand" theory, I'm sticking with Rey-is-a-clone until the release. She may not be cloned from Luke's hand - and instead be more of a Palpatine experiment via other means - but she was definitely created by Palpatine in some form or fashion, and we might eve see other Reys as well. Book it.
Saul Goodman
AG
I'm so excited for this movie...love everything that J.J. has said and put out on this movie
redline248
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

EW says the video will be online Monday.

Does anyone else think Palpatine looks nothing like Palpatine in that poster?

The way the clouds or whatever frame the face make it look like someone with a beard
Aggie_Journalist
AG
TCTTS said:

Kylo has the high ground. All is lost.
Thanks and gig'em
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This isn't the final theatrical poster right? Looks animated.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I called Rey with a double-bladed lightsaber after TFA. Though I thought yellow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes, he looks like he's out of the Clone Wars. The whole poster does.

Pretty sure this is just a D23 poster.
jokershady
AG
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, it's just a D23/teaser poster. Final poster always drops in October with the trailer.
exitone
AG
This poster is now my second favorite SW poster... only to be outdone by the original classic Star Wars poster.
Al Bula
AG
Doesn't it seem a little late in the trilogy to be introducing the elements on that poster? Curious as to how a lot of the plot in the first two ties into the movie or if those movies were filler like they seem.
AliasMan02
AG
One thing I'll give JJ about that title. It could mean SO MANY different things. I think I interpret it differently every time I think about it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
We'll see how it pans out, but yeah, seems like some potentially great concepts that could salvage a lot of the last trilogy but at the same time could also highlight how much episode VIII was completely wasted.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Thought you guys would dig this.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nothing tops TPM's. Prequels win this overall, and it ain't close .

Can't say I like a single one of those sequel trilogy posters. TFA is weird and crooked and Han is in a weird crouch. TLJ would be ok if it wasn't rounded at the corners with the big white space at the bottom, and TROS is a straight up cartoon.
Laser Wolf
Revenge of the Jedi?
TRUMP 2020! KEEP AMERICA GREAT!
CNN is very fake news.
I Stand with Sul Ross.
#NotAnotherDime
BLM is a lie.
double aught
AG
Do you even Star Wars, bro?
double aught
AG
But seriously, Lucas changed the title only a few months out, thinking revenge wasn't a Jedi trait.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Also because they believe Star Trek 2 was going to be called The Revenge of Khan and didn't want it to sound so similarly. Obviously that was changed to The Wrath of Khan, but we weren't Internetting in those days and news traveled more slowly.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I don't think Rey is a clone. I think the dark side Rey that we're going to see tomorrow is a vision of one possible future, possibly one shown to Kylo by Luke of what will happen if he doesn't help Rey stop the Emperor from whatever he's up to.Even if he believes just 1% that Rey cares about him and understands how he feels, he can be persuaded to save her from being seduced and corrupted by a Sith Lord who really doesnt care anything except using you for your power - which is what Han tells Ben in TFA.

I'd burst into tears of awesomeness if Ghost Luke tells Ben, "Once Rey starts down that dark path, forever will it dominate her destiny, consume her it will ... as it did my apprentice."

If you read the Star Wars comic book set a couple hundred years after the OT, Cade Skywalker is given such a vision by Luke's ghost and then Anakin as well when he considers just using the Force however he wants to (he can bring people back to life, but it involves using the Dark Side). Here are a few frames of this:

First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.