*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

750,287 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is that comic before the Disney purchase?
AgfromHOU
AG
Apparently I need to go back and rewatch. Guess today is Star Wars rewatch day for me!
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I agree with you on TROS poster. I really do not like it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Definitely because it was before I had kids and still had disposable income for comics
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Someone who has seen the footage on TheForce.net compared Dark Rey's saber to one used by the Grand Inquisitor in a Rebels' episode shown here.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Few screenshots from the Friday footage

Senile chewie thinking "The gang's all here! Han, Leia, and Lando!"

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

DP

double aught
AG
Quote:

Senile chewie thinking "The gang's all here! Han, Leia, and Lando!"
twilly
AG
As usual, every nano-meter of material has been scrutinized for each little detail that could provide clues to the story. I present you with one of those details. Notice the two bottom vents of the tractor beam tower that Kenobi uses. Now look at the TROS poster.

TCTTS
Dro07
AG

What about the last time we saw palp shoot blue was the world between worlds
Belton Ag
AG
twilly said:

4As usual, every nano-meter of material has been scrutinized for each little detail that could provide clues to the story. I present you with one of those details. Notice the two bottom vents of the tractor beam tower that Kenobi uses. Now look at the TROS poster.

We know per the teaser they're going to the remains of a Death Star in the water somewhere and there were rumors of a fight between Kylo and Rey in a water setting, so this kind of follows that. It must be the first Death Star they go to, so the water is probably on Yavin 4 or one of the other moons of Yavin.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They are going to get there and find general hux dressed up in tarkins old uniform doing some cosplay
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dear God, this is awesome.

The shot of the Resistance ships coming out of hyperspace, the fleet of Star Destroyers...

Is it December yet?
maca1028
Damn it man!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Holy crap ... the goosebumps
veryfuller
Staff
AG
That lost shot of Rey is totally a digital face put on her. So that's either another character or something that's not going to be in the film...IMO. Star Wars taking some pages from Marvel marketing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
100% agree.

And if it is in the movie at all, it'll be a vision, for sure. Like Luke in Vader's helmet.
Jim01
AG
I don't read this thread because I like going into the first viewing with as little knowledge of plot and characters as possible.

That being said I had to jump on to say I kind of hate the new poster. It looks like it's a poster for an animated show, like Clone Wars, or something. Just doesn't fit the look of a live action movie at all to me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It bugs the crap out of me too. Here's some alternates.

Al Bula
AG
That is definitely more exciting than I was expecting but it STILL seems like TFA and TLJ are complete filler movies and progressed absolutely nothing to get to the conclusion with Ren, Rey and Palpatine.

I don't know if one movie can salvage the sequel trilogy.
Jim01
AG
Better, but I think the foreground looks cartoonish as well. The arch to Kylo's back is just weird and cartoonish to me.
wangus12
AG
No Disney,you won't sucker me in with all this nostalgia. You hurt me real bad last time. I won't fall for you again......dangit
wangus12
AG
Also, that is the lightsaber that I am looking for
DannyDuberstein
AG
Shife said:

That is definitely more exciting than I was expecting but it STILL seems like TFA and TLJ are complete filler movies and progressed absolutely nothing to get to the conclusion with Ren, Rey and Palpatine.

I don't know if one movie can salvage the sequel trilogy.
I think TFA was fine. It did a pretty good job of setting up Rey and the mystery around her background. TLJ on the other hand, garbage.
jr15aggie
AG
!
DeBoss
AG
Yeah, that was awesome. I'm sucked in. Need it to be December ASAP. And what did they do to C-3PO?
bobinator
AG
Still feeling pretty good about my Anakin Skywalker call.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You probably don't recognize him because of the red eyes.
jr15aggie
AG
So.... clones everywhere? Rey is a clone of Skywalker lineage? Double red lightsaber is another Rey clone gone to the dark side? Palps is back in a clone body? Was Snoke a clone?

And for the love... for the absolute love of all that is good... if Palps is physically back somehow some way... Luke must also come back physically and kick his ass once and for all!!!!
Homsar
AG
Someone on Twitter pointed out that Rey's red lightsaber doesn't have a steady blade like Vader's, but a "crackly" one like Kylo's. Wonder if there's a connection with "Dark Rey" and the Knights of Ren somehow?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The duel on the Death Star will feature John Williams combining Kylo's Theme, Rey's Theme, and Duel of the Fates.

Book it!
bobinator
AG
I think it's more a connection between Rey and Kylo Ren himself.
djmeen95
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 94 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.