*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

740,111 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope that rad Rey shot is not a vision sequence... that would be such a letdown.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If it was "real", it would be even more upsetting that it was spoiled.

No chance.
DeBoss
AG
That's exactly what I'm asking about. Why are his eyes red? Is he being turned by Kylo?
bobinator
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If it was "real", it would be even more upsetting that it was spoiled.

No chance.
Yeah, I'm not even bothering to worry about WHAT IT MEANS because it seems so obvious that it's a vision sequence. Her face is digitized and distorted.

UNLESS... maybe that's what JJ WANTS US TO THINK.

j/k, total vision.

Question is whos vision?
The Collective
AG
Anakin lives in 3PO, LOL.

Seriously though, that things hit the feels pretty hard. Can it be October yet, so we get a full trailer?
Flashdiaz
AG
they showed us Rey with Kylo's saber leading up to Episode XIII.

anyway ya'll are probably right... may have to do with a Jedi temple vision thing given the lightsabers are the same as in Rebels.
Flashdiaz
AG
Homsar said:

Someone on Twitter pointed out that Rey's red lightsaber doesn't have a steady blade like Vader's, but a "crackly" one like Kylo's. Wonder if there's a connection with "Dark Rey" and the Knights of Ren somehow?

What if the Knights of Ren are all Rey clones! That's how Kylo knows her powers will grow fast and why he offers to teach her. He's done it before. What's probably unique to this one though is the force connection after shower time.
bobinator
AG
Quote:

Can it be October yet, so we get a full trailer?
Trailer idea:

We open with Ray training in the woods, wielding multiple light sabers, her power clearly extremely strong, but she's frustrated.

Cut to her meditating, we hear the Luke line we've heard in all the trailers. "We've passed on all we know, 1,000 generations live in you now, but this is your fight."

Then her thoughts saying something like "But I am still not strong enough to defeat them, and they're coming for us. I don't know what else to do, isn't there something else I can learn..."

Total silence... and then...

Palps voice... "Not from a Jedi"

Cut to action scenes for 30 seconds, cut to title.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Made a note of all the themes heard in the trailer, even if just a few notes. In order:

Yoda's Theme
Force Theme
Back to Yoda's theme
Rey's Theme
Force Theme
Finishes on on Rey's Theme

Obviously Force and Rey themes are the prominent, but that's a lot of Yoda's theme, too.

I wonder if this is hinting and a larger role for him?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That isn't z movie poster just art.

I could die listening to the music from the new footage
The Collective
AG
I like it. I'm all for them keeping the feel of the October trailer in more of a teaser format where you get very little info.
The Collective
AG
Where the hell are they getting all those ships?
Dro07
AG
cloned ships
Homsar
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Homsar said:

Someone on Twitter pointed out that Rey's red lightsaber doesn't have a steady blade like Vader's, but a "crackly" one like Kylo's. Wonder if there's a connection with "Dark Rey" and the Knights of Ren somehow?

What if the Knights of Ren are all Rey clones! That's how Kylo knows her powers will grow fast and why he offers to teach her. He's done it before. What's probably unique to this one though is the force connection after shower time.
Thought about this. It would explain the "What girl?" comment and fascination with Rey from TFA and TLJ. Probably a long shot, but would be an interesting turn to have the KoR be Rey clones.
redline248
AG
Put me in the camp of dark Rey being a vision sequence or (gag) a clone. That's not our Rey.
Homsar
AG
redline248 said:

Put me in the camp of dark Rey being a vision sequence or (gag) a clone. That's not our Rey.
Agreed. Looks way different... almost androgynous.
Flashdiaz
AG
and that scene with all the rebel\resistance ships coming out of hyperspace..

x wing
y wing
a wing
b wing
correlian corvette

(why does that bottom xwing look like it has an overbite)
The Collective
AG
I think the Rey at the end is Kylo's sex robot.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Homsar said:

redline248 said:

Agreed. Looks way different... almost androgynous.

Still wood.... err would.
bobinator
AG
CJS4715 said:

We know the empire fell after the events of the return of the Jedi, it could be basically a parking lot for all of the decommissioned ships.

There's a theory on twitter that it could be the resistance trying to get the ships since they don't have many left, but I'm not sure where they would get all of the people to run them plus we see what looks like the resistance fleet anyway. But the First Order also needs ships since a sizable chunk of theirs were destroyed in Holdo's light speed attack.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
CJS4715 said:

Something that has been hinted at and suggested in video games and related materials is that the Emperor had a contingency plan in place if he died unexpectedly. The Empire would crash out and the First Order would rise in its place, but all the while Palpatine had been funneling ships and troops and bases into some part of the galaxy nobody was in, for his eventual return to power - which would make you assume he had found someway to cheat death as he told Anakin about Darth Plagueis, suggesting maybe he really did know how to cheat death, but had no intention of sharing that information with Anakin

Various theories and assumptions go on to suggest that the First Order itself is just a distraction for the New Republic to deal with until Palpatine's master plan including his supposed ressurection or whatever is going n there is ready to go. I'm assuming getting him back to life is the time-consuming part, as they seem to have eleventy billion star destroyers although just because they have the ships doesn't mean they have the crew - all the star destroyers look dead in space - reminds me of the great Katana fleet from Zahn's Heir to the Empire series.

We see Kylo in the snow with his lightsaber lit and no mask on, I wonder if he's going to get his mask fixed at that point. He obviously has it on when he's battling Rey on the ocean.

Also interested in what sort of ship Finn and the new girl are in - we see them in the cockpit but it's clearly not hte Falcon as you can see a helmeted pilot off to their side.

I remain concerned with the lack of R2D2 in these trailers. I know he can't do everything and BB8 is the droid of choice, and you have to give Anthony Daniels some fun stuff because he's an actual person, but for a lot of kids like me who were 5 or younger when ANH came out, R2D2 was the one you could really connect to - silly and funny and your size. I hope they haven't cut him out yet again.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CJS4715 said:

hmmmm..... a gambler perhaps? a swindler???... and/or someone we haven't seen in a while funding them???? or both.

i mean you have both the DJ guy from TLJ (who maybe owes a debt) and of course Lando (who has shown loyalty and may be wealthy behind the scenes - he owned a cloud city after all)......anything really could happen with time and resources. We saw on Canto Bight you could pay for just about anything. Nobody cares which side it is for they just want to sell stuff.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sorry sir, if you don't have your ticket from the valet, we can't get your ISD for you.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Even make-believe Sith Rey has a better lightsaber than Kylo's DIY crap.
bobinator
AG
Yeah... because it's make believe... building a lightsaber is hard dude.
TexAgBolter
AG
Kinda Zhan dark forces vibe there. Didn't the plot of that trilogy involve a secret mothballed fleet? Prolly been over 25 years since I read those books.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Someone on TFN turned the brightness up to reveal the red trim on the ISDs, suggesting it's the Sith Fleet we've heard about off in no man's land.

bobinator
AG
Wouldn't having a whole fleet be against the very nature of the Sith?
TPS_Report
AG
CJS4715 said:

Prolly from the Imperial Star Destroyer Store at the Galactic Outlet Mall in the Newbraunfels System.
Star Wars Memes Only
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The duel on the Death Star will feature John Williams combining Kylo's Theme, Rey's Theme, and Duel of the Fates.

Well, at least there's one reason to watch the movie.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
That new Rey lightsaber does make sense for her, since she was using the spear thing in TFA.

What if she does have that lightsaber, but the hood and the color are the CG ad ins to the trailer?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

This is what I think she might actually have, at least in the last half of the movie. (Insert your color preference.)
tk for tu juan
Alright, who farted on C-3PO's pillow? At least his arm rash cleared up
The Collective
AG
Kinda wish they'd give her the white saber, but I guess they are going to save that for Ahsoka.
MandoArms
tk for tu juan said:

Alright, who farted on C-3PO's pillow? At least his arm rash cleared up
I am sure this has something to do with him having Chewie's Bowcaster. That is him when they activate instant kill mode.
IG: mando_arms
First Page Last Page
Page 95 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.