*** STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER ***

750,364 Views | 6770 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SpreadsheetAg
Malachi Constant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Definitely looks a little 'off'
mazag08
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Maybe that's Mara Jade.. or some kind of flashback of Rey's mother?
TCTTS
AG
It's not a CGI head as some are saying. It's that she looks slightly more emaciated than we're used to. Like she "sick" with the dark side... or, how a clone might look.
bobinator
AG
Her face does look like there's something being done digitally. Kind of like how Galadriel looks when Frodo tries to give her the ring.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe it's a vision of her going from looking like herself to her skin going Palpatine-ish as the dark side corrupts her. There's defiitely a chagne from one shot to the next.
tk for tu juan
The scene from TFA with Rey's eyes closed while locked up with Kylo and then opening her eyes with a reflection of the red saber still gets me every time.
TCTTS
AG
bobinator said:

Her face does look like there's something being done digitally. Kind of like how Galadriel looks when Frodo tries to give her the ring.

Yeah, I think it's part makeup, part CGI to make her appear slightly more sick/emaciated. My only point was that it's not a floating CGI head or whatever.
TCTTS
AG
But overall, the trailer as a whole... just... wow.

The MCU has obviously been better as a whole (since Disney bought Lucasfilm), and Endgame was one of the best theatrical experiences of my life... but nothing gets me like a good Star Wars trailer, and this one certainly does the trick. So much to love here.

If Abrams actually pulls this off, I might just cry.
CapCityAg89
AG
Homsar said:

Flashdiaz said:

Homsar said:

Someone on Twitter pointed out that Rey's red lightsaber doesn't have a steady blade like Vader's, but a "crackly" one like Kylo's. Wonder if there's a connection with "Dark Rey" and the Knights of Ren somehow?

What if the Knights of Ren are all Rey clones! That's how Kylo knows her powers will grow fast and why he offers to teach her. He's done it before. What's probably unique to this one though is the force connection after shower time.
Thought about this. It would explain the "What girl?" comment and fascination with Rey from TFA and TLJ. Probably a long shot, but would be an interesting turn to have the KoR be Rey clones.

When Palpatine dies, there are a group of force clones that all look like Rey being built as a Sith army out of Anakin DNA. One is stolen by scavengers and eventual left behind when they can't sell her and they're being hunted. Growing up on her own gives her a strong sense of the light side and additional powers. The rest of the group are KoR. Switch-blade lightsaber girl is one of them; maybe only a couple remain.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

The MCU has obviously been better as a whole
We talking in the Disney era or overall? Cause, you might get some pushback on that statement, especially in this thread.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

But overall, the trailer as a whole... just... wow.

The MCU has obviously been better as a whole, and Endgame was one of the best theatrical experiences of my life... but nothing gets me like a good Star Wars trailer, and this one certainly does the trick. So much to love here.

If Abrams actually pulls this off, I might just cry.

I'm right there with you (well about SW, not about MCU overall maybe 2-3 I really loved which is comparable to SW)...... still trying to damper my enthusiasm.....but things like this get me hyped. Hoping JJ delivers. If he wraps it all up in epic fashion and also ties together things for the entire series. Thats gonna be huge.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

We talking in the Disney era or overall? Cause, you might get some pushback on that statement, especially in this thread.

Sorry, I meant this decade. Since Disney bought Lucasfilm.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Sorry, I meant this decade.
Ok... that's a given.
Flashdiaz
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

that's an emotionless clone look... not an angry sith look.

it's also the look I get when I tell the wife I have to go watch the new Star Wars movie without kids to make sure they're kid friendly.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
The handle part of that saber looks a little to long. I just imagine it unfolding and chopping off her toes
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The KoR are the students who left th with kylo the night he destroyed the temple. Its confirmed in the jedi book out this fall
TCTTS
AG
Makes sense. I like that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why don't any of them use lightsabers?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Leia's has several cut scenes from tfa including her going to address the Senate on hosnia prime about the first order threat. The outfit is from there. We briefly see her aide from the th cut sequence watching the starkiller weapon death ray approaching. I would guess they repurposed some of Leia's dialogue with her aide into a conversation with rey
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Kylo was the most advanced and the only one capable of it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jedi apprentices that couldn't even wield lightsabers?

Damn, Luke. You picked some straight up losers.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Why don't any of them use lightsabers?
Maybe they left with Kylo before building their own? Who knows how easy it was to find kyber crystals at that point in time. Or even how old they were when Kylo left. Kylo was, what, 15? I'm guessing all the other students were younger than him (although there is no reason they have to be).
TCTTS
AG
Good call. Forgot about the cut senate scene.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think Luke wasn't letting them use lightsabers, or was teaching them differently. He didn't have the Jedi Council budget like Yoda did.
Dro07
AG

Whats the ring she is wearing on her left hand?
redline248
AG
Kylo sent her a mood ring to show how much he still cares
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Good call. Forgot about the cut senate scene.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I always get a kick out of this guy.

TCTTS
AG
I don't think it's a ring. It looks more like a string/material wrapped around her finger. Like she's holding something or it's part of the cloak.
Flashdiaz
AG

they let these toddlers have lightsabers while standing close to each other and blindfolded.

(kid on the far right is going to cut his helmet if he ignites it)
TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Those are trainers, bro. Do you even Padawan?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly what I was thinking of.
twilly
AG
I'm thinking the string/thing in Rey's hand is a Japor Snipet. We've come full prequel circle baby!
First Page Last Page
Page 96 of 194

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.